[dkstories] Let's do it, Chapter 14

I missed 13 until today, so I got to read both. I very much liked the lottery win; that would indeed squelch any skepticism from Brian's parents (And I still think they would have been more skeptical, but this is written in 1st person POV so maybe they were and Brian didn't know).

I'm still very curious what Brian actually intends to do to fix the timeline. The "Cult of Personality" thing is intriguing.

There are still some puzzles though; why would he have come back, erasing all the other timelines, including the one where Davey's father did so much good, merely becuase of a dirty bomb? A sizable nuke in a major city I could see, but a dirty bomb, no. But, maybe it was merely the triggering event, and the real issue was that terrorism was becoming a huge problem?

The issue with Clinton was interesting. I applaud Dan for stating (accurately) that he was impeached. Far too many times I hear people (regardless of political persuasion) saying "almost impeached" and it makes me cringe. I also note with interest the way Brian spun his words. Saying "lied about a blow job" sounds so much different than "Perjury before a grand jury (committed by an officer of the court)" and "obstruction of justice" (Which incidentally are why Clinton lost his license to practice law).

The fact is that Clinton was guilty of perjury, BUT, I happen to disagree with the law in that issue so I personally give him a "pass" on that; He was compelled to testify regarding Lewinsky only because he was under investigation for sexual harassment of someone else. Does that mean he should be asked about things like ongoing affairs? Maybe, but if so he,, and ANY accused person, deserves (but does not currently have) the right of privacy over the disclosed information if it is of a non-criminal nature.

Been as it was bought up in the story, I have a hunch that it is significant to Brian's plan (hence my comments above).

I missed 13 until today, so I got to read both. I very much liked the lottery win; that would indeed squelch any skepticism from Brian's parents (And I still think they would have been more skeptical, but this is written in 1st person POV so maybe they were and Brian didn't know).

I'm still very curious what Brian actually intends to do to fix the timeline. The "Cult of Personality" thing is intriguing.

There are still some puzzles though; why would he have come back, erasing all the other timelines, including the one where Davey's father did so much good, merely becuase of a dirty bomb? A sizable nuke in a major city I could see, but a dirty bomb, no. But, maybe it was merely the triggering event, and the real issue was that terrorism was becoming a huge problem?

The issue with Clinton was interesting. I applaud Dan for stating (accurately) that he was impeached. Far too many times I hear people (regardless of political persuasion) saying "almost impeached" and it makes me cringe. I also note with interest the way Brian spun his words. Saying "lied about a blow job" sounds so much different than "Perjury before a grand jury (committed by an officer of the court)" and "obstruction of justice" (Which incidentally are why Clinton lost his license to practice law).

The fact is that Clinton was guilty of perjury, BUT, I happen to disagree with the law in that issue so I personally give him a "pass" on that; He was compelled to testify regarding Lewinsky only because he was under investigation for sexual harassment of someone else. Does that mean he should be asked about things like ongoing affairs? Maybe, but if so he,, and ANY accused person, deserves (but does not currently have) the right of privacy over the disclosed information if it is of a non-criminal nature.

Been as it was bought up in the story, I have a hunch that it is significant to Brian's plan (hence my comments above).