The Car Wouldn't Start

Hi Camy,

The story is really good, as was expected from you! The character is quite bizarre. And I'm amazed that it's a short story coz I got a few questions in mind.

Like, why is he hesitant about love? And why is the name 'The car wouldn't start'?

Otherwise, great story! The scene was well-written and we could see everything clearly!

Ieshwar

Camy,

Loved this piece. The imagery, the voice, the self-loathing, very intense. I loved the title, and believe me, this one fit the bill just right.

My favorite line, "I looked in the mirror, no lines, which surpised me, considering I was lost" Damn!!!! Fricking briliiant.

:2thumbs:

Jason R.

I would like to hear the "real" story behind the writing of this one. I bet it's a pip.

Edited by Jason R
  • Site Administrator

An interesting piece, but I'm not sure I "got it". There was some great imagery in there that I really enjoyed. I'm sure the ending had some special meaning, to do with love, work, jobs and commitments, but it went over my head -- sorry, Camy.

Hi Camy,

The story is really good, as was expected from you! The character is quite bizarre. And I'm amazed that it's a short story coz I got a few questions in mind. Like, why is he hesitant about love? And why is the name 'The car wouldn't start'?

Otherwise, great story! The scene was well-written and we could see everything clearly!

Ieshwar

Thanks, Ieshwar,

He's hesitant about love because he's hesitant about love. Some people just are, and Chris definitely is. The title 'The Car Wouldn't Start' refers to his excuse for being late to work. I've ... erm ... used it myself, more than once. ;)

That's a great story : D! Great writing, great voice, and I really felt what the characters were feeling. You capture intensity very, very well

Thank you so much! :D

Camy,

Loved this piece. The imagery, the voice, the self-loathing, very intense. I loved the title, and believe me, this one fit the bill just right.

My favorite line, "I looked in the mirror, no lines, which surpised me, considering I was lost" Damn!!!! Fricking briliiant.

:2thumbs:

Jason R.

I would like to hear the "real" story behind the writing of this one. I bet it's a pip.

Heh. The real story? Who says there is one? B)

Thanks, Jason!

An interesting piece, but I'm not sure I "got it". There was some great imagery in there that I really enjoyed. I'm sure the ending had some special meaning, to do with love, work, jobs and commitments, but it went over my head -- sorry, Camy.

Graeme, the end had no special meaning. Though if it did it might possibly be - would you prefer to get work late, or spend time in your significant others arms?

Thank you all for the comments! :2thumbs: