[Duncan Ryder] Everybody's Wounded

I'm torn over who I want Scott to end up with... Josh is a great guy, but I have a feeling he isnt free of his own issues as well. I could be way off base but he gaurds his actions too carefully for an interesting backstory not to be present.

Now don't get ahead of me!

(But remember the title. EVERYBODY's Wounded...)

Duncan

Omg... Is Duncan taking instructions from Cj on cliffhanger endings? I mean... wow... I'm worried about Josh looking up.

Bob, all authors are sadists. That would include you, by the way. :P They all start out very well intentioned. They all hope to entertain their readers, to please them, and then bask in the glory of their all consuming adoration. So, they set the stage with good character and plot development. Then WHAMO!! Right between the eyes. :( If their target is not the eyes, they do open heart surgery....without anaesthetic....they remove the heart from the chest cavity...and begin to tap dance all over it....then they call 911.....and the reader spends the rest of the story in ICU...the really successful authors are the ones who can bring about recovery before the story...or the reader...expires. Frankly, the cliffhanger is a very effective tool for any author, but particulary for authors who write serial stories. In fact, that's how great authors like Mark Twain and Charles Dickens made their living....and sold a lot of newspapers in the process. :great:

Then there's the flip side of that coin. If authors are sadists, then that makes readers masochists. When it comes to romantic stories, I'm one of the lead masochists. :(

Anyway, I just felt a need to rant there a bit. I'm done. B)

It is most definitely Josh who's looking up. Tap dancing, remember? Oops.

My take on it is Scott is setting himself up for another heart-breaking experience. Luc is just such a wild card. It seems Josh has two options: become more assertive and fight for Scott; or stay close to Scott as a friend until something definitive happens. I prefer the former, but it's likely the latter. I suppose he could join the French Foreign Legion. :blink:

Conner

I absolutely hate it when I post and then nothing. What did I say??? :wacko:

I'm depressed. :(

T S Conner

(Thread Stopper) :blink:

B) ............hearing crickets?? I didn't read this one yet

I'm afraid to say anything. I don't want to give away the plot...I don't anybody dropping off the cliff safely onto a feather bed...

Feather bed, eh??? :P

I wasn't whining at you. There are many members reading this story and they all went south or something.

Giving away the plot is never a good idea for a serial author. :lol: Yes, I know you already knew that.

Hmmmm Josh has other options. Let me ponder that for a bit. B)

Conner

Feather bed, eh??? :P

I wasn't whining at you. There are many members reading this story and they all went south or something.

Giving away the plot is never a good idea for a serial author. :lol: Yes, I know you already knew that.

Hmmmm Josh has other options. Let me ponder that for a bit. B)

Conner

Conner... I don't think he's in to Besitiality or Weregoats.... hmmm weregoats... I'll put that in another forum...

Bob :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

That was a sweet sweet chapter. :wub: A little short on dialogue, though. :P

I thought that once Scott got by his "misgivings", he would totally ravage the lad. He showed excellent restraint. Now, of course, he's totally confused. It sure beats getting dumped......I think. :wacko:

One day, Duncan, you'll have to explain to me why you have a straight dude giving relationship advice. I'll have to wait till the next chapter to hear what wisdom Bran has to offer. It's not like Scott gave him a whole lot of information. :P Well, at least they're doing it over a beer...so that works. :D

Conner

Edit: for those wondering what that French expression (feelings one has after making love) it's "le petit mort" literally translated as the little death, but idiomatic expressions seldom translate well.

Edited by Conner
One day, Duncan, you'll have to explain to me why you have a straight dude giving relationship advice. I'll have to wait till the next chapter to hear what wisdom Bran has to offer. It's not like Scott gave him a whole lot of information. :P Well, at least they're doing it over a beer...so that works. :D

Conner

Edit: for those wondering what that French expression (feelings one has after making love) it's "le petit mort" literally translated as the little death, but idiomatic expressions seldom translate well.

Why not a straight guy giving relationship advice? Scott and Bran have so much in common...

Re "le petit mort"... that's not the phrase I can't remember... (I've only heard that used to refer to orgasm...specifically the kind of mind blowing orgasm where you kind of lose consciousness...)

The phrase I can't remember refers to post coital depression... The French equivalent for the latin phrase "post coitum omne animalium triste est." (After sex, every animal is sad.) (which always makes me wonder ... who asked the giraffes????)

Why not a straight guy giving relationship advice? Scott and Bran have so much in common...

Re "le petit mort"... that's not the phrase I can't remember... (I've only heard that used to refer to orgasm...specifically the kind of mind blowing orgasm where you kind of lose consciousness...)

The phrase I can't remember refers to post coital depression... The French equivalent for the latin phrase "post coitum omne animalium triste est." (After sex, every animal is sad.) (which always makes me wonder ... who asked the giraffes????)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The little death is a translation from the French "la petite mort," a popular reference for a sexual orgasm. The term has generally been interpreted to describe the post-orgasmic fainting spells some lovers experience. Also, it can refer to the spiritual release that comes with orgasm, or a short period of melancholy or transcendence, as a result of the expenditure or spending of "life force".

ephasis added

No wonder I keep hearing the words, "Use the force, Conner. Use the force." :D

Why don't you asked Sharon for her views on the relationship skills of straight men? :P

No wonder I keep hearing the words, "Use the force, Conner. Use the force." :D

Why don't you asked Sharon for her views on the relationship skills of straight men? :P

Thanks for that, Connor. I know that phrase, but as I say I've never heard it used that way. If you come across another phrase for it, let me know, because it's driving me nuts! I know whatever it was I heard it in a French Lit class... I remember the prof making some disparaging remark about how the English would use the "much more prosaic post coital depression"....

As for the relationship skills of straight men, what can I say? I've never found gay guys to have a monopoly on good advice...or for that matter, straight guys to have a monopoly on bad. I've had both ... from both.... :wacko:

As just this past week, the 4th to be exact, I marked my 24th anniversary without any acknowledgment from my husband other than his usual 'What's for dinner?', I'd have to say, right at this moment, that the relationship skills of straight men suck eggs. <_<

Sharon

As just this past week, the 4th to be exact, I marked my 24th anniversary without any acknowledgment from my husband other than his usual 'What's for dinner?', I'd have to say, right at this moment, that the relationship skills of straight men suck eggs. <_<

Sharon

Hey, could be worse, could be "Hey, you're still here?"

Bob :wub:

PS. As a side note, don't anyone take relationship advice from someone who can't hold a relationship... :ph34r:

So, the title of your story, Everyone's Wounded, does that apply to your readers too? :( I'm feeling so crappy over Josh's situation. I'm suggesting that you amend the title to read: Everyone's Wounded...Or Soon Will Be. :P

That was a superb chapter, cliffhanger and all. :worship:

I particularly enjoyed the beer-induced, intimate conversation between Brandon and Scott. Excellent dialogue. I really must send kudos in Bran's direction. He is doing his utmost, alcohol driven or not, to help Scott get some clarity around Josh and Luc. That's gotta be tough for any straight dude.

The closing scene of that converstion where Scott thinks back to his love making with Josh....well, that was just beautifully done. I was crying along with Scott.

Then there was the closing scene for that chapter...what can I say...so heart wrenching. :(

Conner

That was a superb chapter, cliffhanger and all. :worship:

I particularly enjoyed the beer-induced, intimate conversation between Brandon and Scott. Excellent dialogue. I really must send kudos in Bran's direction. He is doing his utmost, alcohol driven or not, to help Scott get some clarity around Josh and Luc. That's gotta be tough for any straight dude.

The closing scene of that converstion where Scott thinks back to his love making with Josh....well, that was just beautifully done. I was crying along with Scott.

Then there was the closing scene for that chapter...what can I say...so heart wrenching. :(

Conner

Merci.

And see? I told ya -- Bran's pretty smart for a straight guy...

For some reason, the story is not accessible today. The story links generate a "not found" error. Going to eFiction and searching for the story and clicking on it generates a "Because of sexual content you have to be registered" (which I am) error, and logging in shows the same "You have to be registered" error. I tried to register and gave up after about a dozen tries, every one resulting in a "security code doesn't match" error. Arrrrggghhh!

I'll also report this in Administration Communication.

Colin B)

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! That was an immensely powerful chapter! :worship:

The Joshua Series concept was ingenious. Beautifully portrayed and written. Incredible emotion.

That's the second time this past week that a GA author has knocked me on my ass.

Conner