[Duncan Ryder] Everybody's Wounded

Duncan has pointed out that the title is "Everybody's Wounded". And they are or will be wounded, some multiple times.

What an amazing, emotional, powerful chapter.

Colin B)

Words can't describe how I feel right now... Just wow

HOLY BEJEBUS DUNCAN!

Truly humbled, as Colin rightfully pointed out the story is aptly named. What I think is even something more, is not only is everyone wounded, but they have also had their hand in wounding others. Truly masterful tale about the ability of humanity to hurt those we love. Keep it up!

Steve

• Site Administrator

Wow, another great chapter Duncan. Thanks!

The last three sentences really stood out. After pondering them, I thought you could even include Ben's heart, Ry's heart, and Robert's heart. Even to go further I'm sure you could include Bran and Matt as well. You have woven a tale of many characters that seem to be hurting in their own way, which is truly an insight into most peoples hearts I believe.

But on the other hand, I would not consider this a 'sad' story, not at all. Although I sympathize with the pain of the characters, I also feel the hope that they all have as well. You have combined the two emotions together wonderfully.

I imagine it will become more interesting in the future as Matt enters the story, and the effects it will have on the current characters. I would hazard to guess that their may be more pain in the future.

I can hardly wait for the next chapter.

Steve B)

You didn't have a very happy childhood, did you, Duncan? :P

I'm bleeding here, dude! Is it ever going to stop? :(

Another superb chapter....the depth and intensity of the emotions expressed through your characters are unequaled.

:worship:

Conner

Wow, another great chapter Duncan. Thanks!

The last three sentences really stood out. After pondering them, I thought you could even include Ben's heart, Ry's heart, and Robert's heart. Even to go further I'm sure you could include Bran and Matt as well. You have woven a tale of many characters that seem to be hurting in their own way, which is truly an insight into most peoples hearts I believe.

But on the other hand, I would not consider this a 'sad' story, not at all. Although I sympathize with the pain of the characters, I also feel the hope that they all have as well. You have combined the two emotions together wonderfully.

I imagine it will become more interesting in the future as Matt enters the story, and the effects it will have on the current characters. I would hazard to guess that their may be more pain in the future.

I can hardly wait for the next chapter.

Steve B)

If sad, I hope sad in a good way. You can have sad and hope... I don't want to depress people... I really do see the story as an exploration of intimacy... about hurt and healing and keeping on anyway...

HOLY BEJEBUS DUNCAN!

Truly humbled, as Colin rightfully pointed out the story is aptly named. What I think is even something more, is not only is everyone wounded, but they have also had their hand in wounding others. Truly masterful tale about the ability of humanity to hurt those we love. Keep it up!

Steve

Hopefully, to forgive and to heal as well...

Duncan.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad Scott finally found the words, but it's more than that. He discovered that Josh could be strong for him when he needed it. Scott is usually the one providing the strength, being the rock in the relationship. It's very liberating to find and acknowledge your own vulnerability.

Great chapter, Duncan! :worship:

Conner

Thanks everyone. I am very honoured. I'm kind of a recovering writer of fiction...this story is the first fiction I've written in several years, and it's helping me find my voice again. It's kept me going to know that it's got a home...

So you know it's almost done, right?

And that there will be a sequel?

Duncan.

Thanks everyone. I am very honoured. I'm kind of a recovering writer of fiction...this story is the first fiction I've written in several years, and it's helping me find my voice again. It's kept me going to know that it's got a home...

Duncan.

*jumps up and down*

Now tell me that the squl is done and finish and Help me god I'm going to hug you so hard you won't be able to move for days!!1 =P

Duncan.

A sequel??? AWESOME. *does back flip*------nearly breaks back because no longer a spring chicken and gymnastic days are over. :D

Oh god, this one is almost done- is it going to end on a sad note? Leaving us on a cliffhanger? This whole series has been kind of sad- very emotional, lots of ups and downs, but still a type of sadness lingering in the shadows, like more is in store for everyone.

CHapter 19- loved the whole thing. Glad they sort of made-up. Talked. Interesting to hear Josh's opinion on suicide and being able to let go, from within. It's very true and to those who have suicidal thoughts, it's a positive message- having to decide if you're willing to fight and live on, or letting your pain continue hurting you.

Alright, alright. Back to the sequel. Hope it's not as agonizing and emotional as the first one?? Come on, give us poor readers a break!!! :P

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

Here it is, the last chapter of Everybody's Wounded. Sorry it took so long, but it was very hard to finish, ok? Partly because, well, I just kinda didn't want it to be over, and partly because I had to do it twice; the first time it was washed away by an errant pacific ocean wave...

So....

Enjoy.

And I really would like to hear what you thought of the story. Chapter 20

Duncan.

Duncan

All I can say is thank you. For writing such an emotional, touching story. Like Tiff had already said, there are many ups and downs in this story, but all of it came with a price, and a reward. All three of the boys learned a lot, and as a reader I feel I learned a lot as well. So thank you for teaching me =P

Now get us chapter 1 of the sequel!!!

I can't wait to see how you protray Luc's story, it's gonig to be a good one I can tell already.

Well done, Duncan. A beautiful ending to a wonderful story. Thank you for giving us the chance to know Scott, Josh, and Luc. I'm sure we'll all be waiting for Luc's story. :2thumbs:

Sharon

Really well done Duncan. I loved the ending and am looking forward to book Two.

I agree. A really wonderfully written emotional ending. Emotional, but happy. Beautiful in fact, a very tender love scene that shows the deep connection between the two men. Can't wait for Luc's story.

Duncan

All I can say is thank you. For writing such an emotional, touching story. Like Tiff had already said, there are many ups and downs in this story, but all of it came with a price, and a reward. All three of the boys learned a lot, and as a reader I feel I learned a lot as well. So thank you for teaching me =P

Now get us chapter 1 of the sequel!!!

I can't wait to see how you protray Luc's story, it's gonig to be a good one I can tell already.

Thanks so much. I'm glad you enjoyed the story and that you feel you've learned something from it. I've been working some stuff out through it, and I think I learned some things too.

I've started on on the next....

Duncan

Well done, Duncan. A beautiful ending to a wonderful story. Thank you for giving us the chance to know Scott, Josh, and Luc. I'm sure we'll all be waiting for Luc's story. :2thumbs:

Sharon

Thanks Sharon. And thanks so much for inviting me here. I didn't know about this website until I heard from you...