Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Ch 4: Fish out of Water

Guest Flip69
:worship: Hello Mr Chase and fellow readers. Just joined the authors site. This is a great story. Still learning about computers, so hope I'm doing this right. Can't wait till next chapter. Lost a lot of sleep from reading all the stories, going to bed at 2 and 3 in the morning. My eyes feel like crap from reading so much :blink: . The stories r so good I can't stop..hehehe! So on with the show. Some great writers, thank all of your for your writing. Peace! Flip(xboyu2b)
BTW, I regret to announce that there was an error in LTMP Ch 4:

A friend PM'd me to say that he can't walk that far that fast, it would take over an hour at a fast pace. He's right. I won't name him here becuase he didn't say it was ok to do so, but THANKS for pointing this out. I do try and keep my background info accurate, and this is a glaring goof.

In the next paragraph I have Brandon taking an hour and a half to throw on clean clothes, wolf down some bread, and get back to the studio. That would be more likly. I'll fix this problem and send in the revised chapter the next time I upload a new chapter.

Oops. :*)

BTW, I blame our anonymous beta reader Shadowgod for this. In fairness, i think I added that bit right before posting, after he'd seen the chapter, but i haven't blamed him for much in recent days, so I thought I should blame him for this. :D

I bet that friend of yours is HOT! :devil: . And I bet the reason Cj isn't telling anyone who it is, is because it's really Shadowgod that is writing the story under the pen name "Cjames the Goat from Arizona" and the real Goat discovered this hideous misrepresentation made...

Of course the evidence might suggest our four-legged friend might actually be the author, as goats do walk/trott faster than humans... the time frame may not be as out-landish as long as we imagine Brandon looking a bit like this on Chase's shoulders!

gallery_5014_57_45990.jpg

:worship: Hello Mr Chase and fellow readers. Just joined the authors site. This is a great story. Still learning about computers, so hope I'm doing this right. Can't wait till next chapter. Lost a lot of sleep from reading all the stories, going to bed at 2 and 3 in the morning. My eyes feel like crap from reading so much :blink: . The stories r so good I can't stop..hehehe! So on with the show. Some great writers, thank all of your for your writing. Peace! Flip(xboyu2b)

On behalf of the Minions of the Goat (Aka the author of Let the Music Play) Welcome to the forums and all the great tales around here.

Great thing about Cj's stories is that he releases each chapter on a timely, usually weekly, basis!

Enjoy your nap between indulgences,

Bob :wub:

BTW, I blame our anonymous beta reader Shadowgod for this. In fairness, i think I added that bit right before posting, after he'd seen the chapter, but i haven't blamed him for much in recent days, so I thought I should blame him for this. :D
I protest when I'm accused unwarranted, so its only fair to share in the blame when its deserved. This goof was in the version I edited and I completely missed that. But CJ forgot to mention that the five-mile trek to the fleabag hotel was all downhill. That's why it took so much longer to get back! Yeah, that's the ticket - all downhill...

Welcome to you, Flip69. The post is here so you musta done somethin' right! ;)

Of course the evidence might suggest our four-legged friend might actually be the author, as goats do walk/trott faster than humans... the time frame may not be as out-landish as long as we imagine Brandon looking a bit like this on Chase's shoulders!
Um, while that is a nice pic, you do realize that's a sheep on his shoulders, right? :blink:

Hi Flip!

Welcome to the GA forums!!! If you need any help of advice, please don't hesitate to ask.

I bet that friend of yours is HOT! :devil: . And I bet the reason Cj isn't telling anyone who it is, is because it's really Shadowgod that is writing the story under the pen name "Cjames the Goat from Arizona" and the real Goat discovered this hideous misrepresentation made...

Hrmmm, best be carful crediting Shadowgod with writing these stories; he might sue us all for libel! :lmao:

ROFL!!

Well, 'tis true, goats do walk faster then humans. :)

I protest when I'm accused unwarranted, so its only fair to share in the blame when its deserved. This goof was in the version I edited and I completely missed that. But CJ forgot to mention that the five-mile trek to the fleabag hotel was all downhill. That's why it took so much longer to get back! Yeah, that's the ticket - all downhill...

Actually, Emoe, it's downhill both ways, so he's able to make good time. 0:)

All jokes aside, I do tease a lot about errors, but there's one line in the credits that says it all: "All remaining errors are mine alone".

If I didn't make 'em, the errors wouldn't be there, so no, I won't share credit for the goofs; they're mine, mine I tell ya! :P

"Let the Music Play" is a great story. I love Brandon, he's such an innocent, he's so clueless. Gabe's about to get his, and I hope we learn why he has it in for Brandon in chapter 5.

sungod

Welcome to you, Flip69. The post is here so you musta done somethin' right! ;)

Um, while that is a nice pic, you do realize that's a sheep on his shoulders, right? :blink:

Oh, yes I know it's a sheep... well it used to be. According to the article that the pic was connected to, that sheep was on his way to be dinner... but that's beside the point.

I mean, I had to pick a four-legged maminal that was related in appearance to Mr. Goat, but was waaay cuter. Of course, he just happens to be carrying a sheep on his shoulders. :blink:

Hi Lashrac!

There is an ugly rumor going around that I post a lot... I have no idea where it could have started. :ph34r:

I darkly suspect that someone, or someones, might be out to tarnish my precious reputation as a shy and quiet lurker. :o

B) ...with so many evil characters, it would be hard pressed to get a conviction of the "tarnisher". Brandon is a little slow :wacko: could be that he needs more substance than pizza (apparently a Goats favorite food). Maybe give him some fruit & juice, maybe the brain will start working again. If not send him my house to rewire my sound system, I could pay him with a couple of PB&J sandwiches.

"Let the Music Play" is a great story. I love Brandon, he's such an innocent, he's so clueless. Gabe's about to get his, and I hope we learn why he has it in for Brandon in chapter 5.

sungod

Hi Sungod!

Thanks! Brandon is indeed the "fish out of water", but this is all new to him; the story timeline has only been a few days so far. :)

Ch 5 should be along shortly, BTW. I just have to get it formatted into HTML, and then I can send it off to Joe for posting.

Oh, yes I know it's a sheep... well it used to be. According to the article that the pic was connected to, that sheep was on his way to be dinner... but that's beside the point.

I mean, I had to pick a four-legged maminal that was related in appearance to Mr. Goat, but was waaay cuter. Of course, he just happens to be carrying a sheep on his shoulders. :blink:

Awww, but what's this? No sunglasses? :P

B) ...with so many evil characters, it would be hard pressed to get a conviction of the "tarnisher". Brandon is a little slow :wacko: could be that he needs more substance than pizza (apparently a Goats favorite food). Maybe give him some fruit & juice, maybe the brain will start working again. If not send him my house to rewire my sound system, I could pay him with a couple of PB&J sandwiches.

What? Evil characters in my stories?? I have no idea what you could possibly mean... I always try and write sweet, lovable characters who may, of course, have a few minor personality flaws. 0:)

Brandon has an excuse... he's blond. :) I'm assuming you're referring to him being oblivious regarding Chase? Chase seems equally oblivious, but then again, he's blond too. :)

What? Evil characters in my stories?? I have no idea what you could possibly mean... I always try and write sweet, lovable characters who may, of course, have a few minor personality flaws. 0:)

Brandon has an excuse... he's blond. :) I'm assuming you're referring to him being oblivious regarding Chase? Chase seems equally oblivious, but then again, he's blond too. :)

B) ............... :rolleyes: of course Blond's!! Forget the V-8!

Edited by Benji

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..