Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Ch 5: Moving Day

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, another wonderful chapter............. Thank you so much C James......... now, I'm anxious , of course, for the next........ hehehehehe..........

This story is too new to have anything half way figured out, I'm more than wondering and worrying about Scar........

I'll be more than interested to see what comes from your sick and twisted mind next........ hehehehe

Thanks again for another great chapter

hugs and stuff

Susan

Scar? Well, he sounds to be an innocent man who likes his coffee very Italian. 0:) I don't think Czechs will really like him after this chapter. :D

Nice chapter. It's nice knowing more about the brothers. They're really cool.

I'm really looking forward to the scene where Helen will be buyin things for Brandon. Something's telling me that it's going to be great! :D

Great Job and waiting for more,

Ieshwar

Chapter 5, "Moving Day", Is up. Thanks Joe!

Some of the predictions for this chapter were spot-on! :2thumbs: Others, well, not quite.

Thanks everyone!!!

You know the problem with individual topics for each chapter? I can't subscribe to the first one and get updates when people post... So I missed it when you posted Ch. 5. :(

Bob :wub:

You know the problem with individual topics for each chapter? I can't subscribe to the first one and get updates when people post... So I missed it when you posted Ch. 5. :(

That's why you become obsessive/compulsive and check 'every' day......... ehheheheheehe :D

hugs

Susan :read:

:D:D:D The only problem - and it's a BIG one - is that I can't read chapter 6 immediately! :angry: Followed, naturally enough, by all the others to the end... Hmm. Have I mentioned how much I love Goats? Adore them, though not to the point where I'd teach Tarantulas.

I thought the mention of what has 'Bourbon' - 'One of my faves was about a dirt-bike rider, a typical jock who just happened to be gay.' was great! ;)

More, more and MORE!

Camy

Chapter 5, "Moving Day", Is up. Thanks Joe!

Some of the predictions for this chapter were spot-on! :2thumbs: Others, well, not quite.

Thanks everyone!!!

B) ........Great chapter!! Humm, I think Helen was a Marine Corp Drill Instructor prior to mentoring this band. I believe my crystal ball is telling me that Chase & Brandon are going to get mixed up in alot of trouble future. Can't wait for next chapter :worship:

Wow, another wonderful chapter............. Thank you so much C James......... now, I'm anxious , of course, for the next........ hehehehehe..........

This story is too new to have anything half way figured out, I'm more than wondering and worrying about Scar........

I'll be more than interested to see what comes from your sick and twisted mind next........ hehehehe

Thanks again for another great chapter

hugs and stuff

Susan

Thanks Susan! :hug:

Sick and twisted mind? Moi? :o

Susan, I'll let you in on a secret... We have an anonymous beta reader by the name of Shadowgod, (also, in the past, known as Blackheart). He's the one we blame for all the twisted stuff, like cliffhangers and such. 0:)

Scar? Well, he sounds to be an innocent man who likes his coffee very Italian. 0:) I don't think Czechs will really like him after this chapter. :D

Nice chapter. It's nice knowing more about the brothers. They're really cool.

I'm really looking forward to the scene where Helen will be buyin things for Brandon. Something's telling me that it's going to be great! :D

Great Job and waiting for more,

Ieshwar

Hi Ieshwar! Yes indeed, the scar knows his coffee. I'm not sure about the Czechs though... Unless he uses the explosives there, he's just buying them there. So far, all he;s done is insult their taste in coffee, though admittedly, that wasn't very nice of him. :-)

Hi Bob!

But you only ,issed it by a couple of hours. :)

Well, there is a solution! :)

Just go to the main page of this forum, and click on "forum options", and you can subscribe to the whole forum.

Of couese, the downside to that is it would alert you any time I blathered about anything, but with me being such a lurker, it shouldn't bother you much... 0:)

The only problem - and it's a BIG one - is that I can't read chapter 6 immediately! :angry: Followed, naturally enough, by all the others to the end... Hmm. Have I mentioned how much I love Goats? Adore them, though not to the point where I'd teach Tarantulas.

I thought the mention of what has 'Bourbon' - 'One of my faves was about a dirt-bike rider, a typical jock who just happened to be gay.' was great! ;)

More, more and MORE!

Camy

Hi Camy!

Yes indeed, that's a reference to "Shot of Bourbon" by the SOB writer himself, Shadowgod. :read:

Of course, this means that Shadowgod is to blame for Brandon being outed... 0:)

And what? You don't like Tarantulas? Dang... Well, there goes that xmass gift idea...

B) ........Great chapter!! Humm, I think Helen was a Marine Corp Drill Instructor prior to mentoring this band. I believe my crystal ball is telling me that Chase & Brandon are going to get mixed up in alot of trouble future. Can't wait for next chapter :worship:

Hi Benji!

Well, without revealing too much, I think I can say that Brandon and Chase will encounter the occasional bump in the road. 0:)

I also think you have Helen pegged. :2thumbs:

Hi Benji!

Well, without revealing too much, I think I can say that Brandon and Chase will encounter the occasional bump in the road. 0:)

B) .........Hummm!! After FTL I suspect the "occasional Bump" might be streaching it!! More like 4-wheeling-in-it over boulders. What evil has this goat brought forth? :devil:

Ok, CJ, how long do you think you're going to play out the Brandon-Chase thing? :( I'm a wreck. While in a way it's deliciously sweet, there's only so much I can take. There's only so much that Brandon and Chase can take too. If you're not careful, they're gonna pounce on one another right in the hotel lobby. B) Hmmmm....now that does have possibilities. :P

Then you write lines like this...

Brandon shook his head,
Edited by Conner
Ok, CJ, how long do you think you're going to play out the Brandon-Chase thing? :( I'm a wreck. While in a way it's deliciously sweet, there's only so much I can take. There's only so much that Brandon and Chase can take too. If you're not careful, they're gonna pounce on one another right in the hotel lobby. B) Hmmmm....now that does have possibilities. :P

Gulp! My body's still shaking....which, in a way, is a good thing. 0:) Anyway, that line totally cracked me up. :boy: Geez, Brandon, talk about a missed opportunity. I would've been on that line in a flash. :D

My starter moter still works. Unfortunately, it's not connected to anything anymore. :(

Was I reading incorrectly or did Brandon at one point say, "Let's blow this stump!" :wacko:

I find that Brandon's naivety makes him all that much sweeter. :wub: That whole 10 bucks scene was delightful. :D

CJ, I want a kiss in the next chapter! :2hands: Or else! You'll be t'd and f'd! No, Bondwriter, that doesn't mean tied and f*****. That's Tared and feathered! Mind you, it was nice having you down here in the gutter for a visit. :D

Conner

B) ...... Alright Conner! :worship: I didn't miss that anology of the stick-shift either. How does one go about tar & feathering a goat? Got to admit a goat with feathers would look pretty ridiculous! Conner would need to shear it (sorry) first? :D

Edited by Benji
Hi Benji!

B) .........Hummm!! After FTL I suspect the "occasional Bump" might be streaching it!! More like 4-wheeling-in-it over boulders. What evil has this goat brought forth? :devil:

Evil? From sweet, innocent, quiet me? :huh:

I mean, what could possibly go wrong? It's not like we had anyone assembling nuclear warheads in the prologue, or anything. :)

Remember, in the story timeline, Chase and Brandon have only known each other a few days. Don't worry, rest assured, you have my solemn promise that if something happens between them, it will do so, sooner or later. :)

Gulp! My body's still shaking....which, in a way, is a good thing. 0:) Anyway, that line totally cracked me up. :boy: Geez, Brandon, talk about a missed opportunity. I would've been on that line in a flash. :D

Heh, I loved that "I'll teach you how to handle a stick" line too. But, Chase is a drummer, maybe he ment a drum stick? 0:)

Brandon missed a few openings there... Chase also made that comment of "They were probably looking at you" as they entered the hotel, and then Chase slipped up and called him "Sexy". And of course, Chase missed the ever-so-subtle clue of seeing his own poster on Brandon's wall, and it's the ONLY poster or decoration. They are both a little naive and uncertain, just in different ways. :)

And what? A Kiss? So early in the story? But... but... but... maybe there's too much sex if LTMP already? 0:)

CJ, I want a kiss in the next chapter! :2hands: Or else! You'll be t'd and f'd! No, Bondwriter, that doesn't mean tied and f*****. That's Tared and feathered! Mind you, it was nice having you down here in the gutter for a visit. :D

Conner

Ack!! But... but... Goats don't look good in feathers!

B) ...... Alright Conner! :worship: I didn't miss that anology of the stick-shift either. How does one go about tar & feathering a goat? Got to admit a goat with feathers would look pretty ridiculous! Conner would need to shear it (sorry) first? :D

Ack!! It's not easy being a goat who writes... Sheared, tarred, and feathered! Ack!!!

HAve you all forgotten our higher calling here: Blaming Shadowgod! Instead, it's sweet, quiet, innocent me that gets picked on... :blink:

Conner

Awwwww... and you singled out Bondwriter to misconstrue the T'd and f'd reference :P

Only problem I see with it is, Think of the chickens? what are you going to give them to be warm and comfy at night??

Have you all forgotten our higher calling here: Blaming Shadowgod! Instead, it's sweet, quiet, innocent me that gets picked on... :blink:

:pissed: I'll get the chickens...

Steve :P

Conner

Awwwww... and you singled out Bondwriter to misconstrue the T'd and f'd reference :P

Only problem I see with it is, Think of the chickens? what are you going to give them to be warm and comfy at night??

Have you all forgotten our higher calling here: Blaming Shadowgod! Instead, it's sweet, quiet, innocent me that gets picked on... :blink:

ACK... Now, now, nice anonymous beta-reader... You wouldn't want to tar-and-feather me, now would ya? 0:)

• Site Administrator

Ho hum....

Ive just read the chapter and scanned the comments above. Not much really to say. So, I'll take my cue from our esteemed lurker goat and just lurk on this thread without saying anything.... :P

Ho hum....

Ive just read the chapter and scanned the comments above. Not much really to say. So, I'll take my cue from our esteemed lurker goat and just lurk on this thread without saying anything.... :P

Awww, But Graeme, we all know that a postaholic such as yourself would find lurking quite unnatural! :P

• Site Administrator
Awww, But Graeme, we all know that a postaholic such as yourself would find lurking quite unnatural! :P

Not true! When I feel like it, I can lurk quite happily. Like now. I'm lurking and not posting (other that to defend myself from scurrilous attacks on my character).

Cj... not only are you going to get sheard, tarred, feathered... you're also going to get some spines from our prickly friend over here... Master, I must warn you... If you dig the grave, I'll have no choice but to use it as a cooking pit for the spit I have sharpened for you from the FTL ending... :angry:

Great story! I don't have much of an idea as to what's going to happen except some gay love followed by a rock band saving the world from a neuclear disaster. That's enough to keep me reading. :D

By the way I'm noticing an interest in angry lesbians. First Betty in For the Love and now Helen. Does helen have a shot gun? Does she tar and feather goats?

The chickens.... let's see, if you first sheer the goat then pluck the chickens you can then tar and feather the goat and tar and fur the chickens. Net result: goat with feathers and furry chickens. :D

Cj... not only are you going to get sheard, tarred, feathered... you're also going to get some spines from our prickly friend over here... Master, I must warn you... If you dig the grave, I'll have no choice but to use it as a cooking pit for the spit I have sharpened for you from the FTL ending... :angry:

Well, Well, the minion is turning against his master... Haven't we seen this before? So, chapter 5. No hot sex scene in the derelict hotel, no attack in the seedy part of town (I was fearing this when the car stalled), and a cool property in Bel-Air. It all is shaping up well. I think CJ should beware of the Russian railways he happily scorns, because next time a goat with glasses boards the Trans-Siberian, it is quite likely to be sheared, tarred and feathered! (BTW, Conner, thanks for bringining me into your explanations of the abbreviated version of the old Wild West treatment. Masterful way to put the blame on someone else. :worship: )

The chickens.... let's see, if you first sheer the goat then pluck the chickens you can then tar and feather the goat and tar and fur the chickens. Net result: goat with feathers and furry chickens. :D

The chickens observation was delightfully hilarious. :funny: Furry chickens :great: Shadowgod, who appears to have an attachment to the fowl, will be will be deliciously pleased.

Conner

(BTW, Conner, thanks for bringining me into your explanations of the abbreviated version of the old Wild West treatment. Masterful way to put the blame on someone else. :worship: )

Moi? Assign blame? Jamais. Alas, my goat-like self is being admonished most discouragingly. Woe to the goat, I say!

As Shadowgod admirably put it, you were the one person who might have misconstrued the impugned abbreviation. It was a kindness really. 0:) If you cannot find it in your heart to accept what I say, then I blame Shadowgod. :sheep:

Conner

Not true! When I feel like it, I can lurk quite happily. Like now. I'm lurking and not posting (other that to defend myself from scurrilous attacks on my character).

You have a most odd way of lurking, my postaholic friend. :P

Ack!! Oh no, not you too? What am I doing wrong? :o

Great story! I don't have much of an idea as to what's going to happen except some gay love followed by a rock band saving the world from a neuclear disaster. That's enough to keep me reading. :D

By the way I'm noticing an interest in angry lesbians. First Betty in For the Love and now Helen. Does helen have a shot gun? Does she tar and feather goats?

Thanks! I can't comment on what will happen or not happen (the Echidna doesn't like spoilers, and will make a pincushion of of me if I do) but I might mention that I'm known for somewhat unexpected plot shifts. 0:)

But you too with a tar-and-feathering? Oh my... But I'd look awful in feathers... :blink:

Well, Well, the minion is turning against his master... Haven't we seen this before? So, chapter 5. No hot sex scene in the derelict hotel, no attack in the seedy part of town (I was fearing this when the car stalled), and a cool property in Bel-Air. It all is shaping up well. I think CJ should beware of the Russian railways he happily scorns, because next time a goat with glasses boards the Trans-Siberian, it is quite likely to be sheared, tarred and feathered! (BTW, Conner, thanks for bringining me into your explanations of the abbreviated version of the old Wild West treatment. Masterful way to put the blame on someone else. :worship: )

Oh no, not MORE tar-and-feathering! I might need to do some serious placating here...

The chickens observation was delightfully hilarious. :funny: Furry chickens :great: Shadowgod, who appears to have an attachment to the fowl, will be will be deliciously pleased.

Conner

Just an innocent, rhetorical question: Would the tar-and-feather plans be scrapped if, perchance, the title of Chapter 6 happened to be "A kiss"? Because, ummm, it is... (Note to the Echidna: This is not a spoiler,exactly, as it is the chapter title, so no spines, please!)

You have a most odd way of lurking, my postaholic friend. :P

Ack!! Oh no, not you too? What am I doing wrong? :o

Thanks! I can't comment on what will happen or not happen (the Echidna doesn't like spoilers, and will make a pincushion of of me if I do) but I might mention that I'm known for somewhat unexpected plot shifts. 0:)

But you too with a tar-and-feathering? Oh my... But I'd look awful in feathers... :blink:

Oh no, not MORE tar-and-feathering! I might need to do some serious placating here...

Just an innocent, rhetorical question: Would the tar-and-feather plans be scrapped if, perchance, the title of Chapter 6 happened to be "A kiss"? Because, ummm, it is... (Note to the Echidna: This is not a spoiler,exactly, as it is the chapter title, so no spines, please!)

B) ............CJ, you seem to have a way of rabble-rousing the mob, with only 5 chapters out they have the tar & feathers (might as well eat the de-nuded chickens, they would prefer it to being furred). I fear without at least a kiss in the next chapter, they will storm your cave hideout with torches.

Edited by Benji
  • Site Administrator
Hi Bob!

But you only ,issed it by a couple of hours. :)

Well, there is a solution! :)

Just go to the main page of this forum, and click on "forum options", and you can subscribe to the whole forum.

Of couese, the downside to that is it would alert you any time I blathered about anything, but with me being such a lurker, it shouldn't bother you much.

Yikes! I can think of 4260 reasons why you might not want to consider doing this :wacko: .

Now as far as Chapter 5 goes, I really liked that you brought up the pasts of both Brandon and Chase. I think that by doing so, the final major character development of the two is finally done. I must say I'm not surprised that Bourbon had a bit to do with Brandon's downfall in life at the time B) . It seems Shadowgod's influence has a much wider swath than what most of us understood. So maybe it is correct to blame him for all the bad in the world :D .

With Betty, oops Helen, I'm really liking her character. It seems Chase has a bit of mischief in him that he likes to direct to towards her. I foresee Brandon being dragged in unsuspecting with Chase for future hi jinx regarding Helen. Poor Helen.

I will admit that I still giggle like a little girl every time "The Scar" is brought up in the story. I know it is important to the story, especially after the prologue. Maybe it is the placements of the scene changes that is bugging me. The story is generally a happy go lucky, feel good story so far. With the sudden cut aways to "The Scar", it just doesn't seem to flow for me. I don't know what you could do differently, except maybe putting the side story at the very beginning, or the very end of the chapter. But hey, that is just my opinion.

Now that you have revealed the next chapter's name, I may just have to jump on the T and F bandwagon if the kiss is between anyone besides Chase and Brandon.

So in order not to make that post into an official tease, I will now start a chant that I learned from a certain anonymous goat....6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, pleeeeeeeeese!

If the chapter is more than a week away, the kiss must be only the start of more action between the two in the chapter. If not, get me my shears :angry: .

Steve

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..