C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Ch 6: A Kiss

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator

Lace-up Aussie football shorts? :blink:

Either this story is set about twenty years ago, or someone has a poor idea of what Aussie football shorts are like, or it's an American's version of Aussie football shorts.

I know exactly what they look like, but I don't think many real football players wear them.... :P

I loved the breakfast scene. I could just picture it and the two guys indecision. Absolutely delicious! B)

Thanks, CJ!

Lace-up Aussie football shorts? :blink:

Either this story is set about twenty years ago, or someone has a poor idea of what Aussie football shorts are like, or it's an American's version of Aussie football shorts.

I know exactly what they look like, but I don't think many real football players wear them.... :P

I loved the breakfast scene. I could just picture it and the two guys indecision. Absolutely delicious! B)

Thanks, CJ!

Oops! I was going on a picture I saw in an "International Male" catalog, probably ten years ago; a very short pair of shorts, and they did have laces (Drawstring in a ziz-zag pattern) at the front, and they were called "Aussie" Ummm, Aussie something... I thoguht it was football shorts.. maybe rugby? I'll see if I can find an example of what I meant...

Thanks!!!! And that breakfast scene was fun.

So too, was the kiss. :)

• Site Administrator
Oops! I was going on a picture I saw in an "International Male" catalog, probably ten years ago; a very short pair of shorts, and they did have laces (Drawstring in a ziz-zag pattern) at the front, and they were called "Aussie" Ummm, Aussie something... I thoguht it was football shorts.. maybe rugby? I'll see if I can find an example of what I meant...

:D Okay, I wasn't too far off when I said twenty years ago... :P

I think they still wear them for rugby, but I don't follow rugby -- I'm an Aussie Rules Football boy ;)

Oh, and yeah, they can look really sexy on the right guy... :D

• Site Administrator

CJ!!!!!!!!!!

:angry: I'm coming to arizona with my shears, anyone want to meet me with a bucket of hot tar, and someone else with some feathers??? :angry:

Steve :mace:

Oh, btw, great chapter. I love the way that Chase and Brandon are both thinking the same thing, but will only share with Helen what they are thinking. I wonder how long until she gets tired of the two's antics and blurts something out.

• Site Administrator

I've found the following:

NYBW-COSTAS6.jpg

Is that what you were thinking of?

• Site Administrator
CJ, you're evil! There's not even the mention of kiss in there! How... Mechant Bouc!

Actually, there was. A purely platonic kiss between The Scar and his co-conspirator :) Just pointing it out before CJ does....

EDITED TO ADD:

Now you know why I voted for "Club James" for the name of the fan club. It has a nice double meaning -- useful in circumstances like this.

CJ!!!!!!!!!!

:angry: I'm coming to arizona with my shears, anyone want to meet me with a bucket of hot tar, and someone else with some feathers??? :angry:

Steve :mace:

Oh, btw, great chapter. I love the way that Chase and Brandon are both thinking the same thing, but will only share with Helen what they are thinking. I wonder how long until she gets tired of the two's antics and blurts something out.

Thanks!

Now, now, you wanted a kiss in this chapter, and there was one... :)

I've found the following:

NYBW-COSTAS6.jpg

Is that what you were thinking of?

That's them! What are they?

CJ, you're evil! There's not even the mention of kiss in there! How... Mechant Bouc!

I am not evil, there *IS* a kiss in there!

With a lingering look, and a slow parting of their hands, they bid each other farewell with a furtive, hurried kiss,

Do a word search on the chapter, it's there, honest!

Jon, Eric and Helen know everything. But why don't Chase and Brandon?

Ever heard the expression: "They're always the last to know." :)

BTW, how do you know all this? I mean, star stuff. Have you been a famous singer too?

Lol. I'm basically getting some good background advice. I spoke with a real-life band manager about this story, and I know a little about the movie industry, so I basically tried to put the pieces togeter. Also, I'm getting advice from my team, and doing some searching.

Fixed the link, thanks!

Actually, there was. A purely platonic kiss between The Scar and his co-conspirator :) Just pointing it out before CJ does....

EDITED TO ADD:

Now you know why I voted for "Club James" for the name of the fan club. It has a nice double meaning -- useful in circumstances like this.

Rats, you got to it first. Lol.

Now, yes, there was indeed a kiss, as demanded! Can't say I didn't try to please...

However, as for anything between Chase and Brandon, I couldn't! Ieshwar threatened my lurker status if I did...

They did hold hands though! :wub:

So, as I see it, for anyone not entirely pleased with Chase and Brandon's advancing romance, we have two choices;

Blame Ieshwar

or

Blame Shadowgod.

• Site Administrator
EDITED TO ADD:

Dam, how do I change my vote !

I don't know if a clubbing would suffice in this case :axeman:

One little point though, after the kiss between The Scar and Dimitri, my reading sped up tenfold. I will probably have to re-read the chapter to get the full enjoyment of the later half.

Steve

Not me! I'm just a innocent, friendly, kind and very warm Mauritian who happens to be an agoraphobic homosexual! :( I'm a victim of a conspiracy by the evil goat! :(

Yes, the breakfast thing was great but they were both so blond that they never saw it!!! Duh!

Ieshwar

CJ, you are in deep doo-doo. :angry: I specifically asked for a kiss between Chase and Brandon.

What really irked me was that the kiss you did provide was between two straight male terrorists pretending to be gay clandestine lovers. I can't believe you named the chapter based on that kiss? :o A better idea for a kiss would have been having one of Chase's admirers give him a kiss while he was signing autographs. Then, at least, one of them would have been involved. There's a conspiracy here, I'm sure.

Not only that, you had them holding hands at breakfast. The kiss seemed a certainty at that point.

With no kiss at breaky, I thought that you would've had Helen misdirect Brandon into a change booth that was already occupied by Chase. I would have loved that. :wub:

You've purposely duped your readers. How could you have possibly even entertained an outcome other than the T&F that you're now definitely going to get. :2hands:

A herd of military goats have been dispatched.

Conner

CJ, you are in deep doo-doo. :angry: I specifically asked for a kiss between Chase and Brandon.

What really irked me was that the kiss you did provide was between two straight male terrorists pretending to be gay clandestine lovers. I can't believe you named the chapter based on that kiss? :o A better idea for a kiss would have been having one of Chase's admirers give him a kiss while he was signing autographs. Then, at least, one of them would have been involved. There's a conspiracy here, I'm sure.

Not only that, you had them holding hands at breakfast. The kiss seemed a certainty at that point.

With no kiss at breaky, I thought that you would've had Helen misdirect Brandon into a change booth that was already occupied by Chase. I would have loved that. :wub:

You've purposely duped your readers. How could you have possibly even entertained an outcome other than the T&F that you're now definitely going to get. :2hands:

Conner

So... does this mean he doesn't get the Goat Award either? Hmmm, or is my sacrifice still worse...?

Bob :wub:

So... does this mean he doesn't get the Goat Award either? Hmmm, or is my sacrifice still worse...?

Bob :wub:

Intentionally duping one's readership is a major literery faux-pas. So, yes, no award for CJ.

If he were to make it up to me....uh...I mean his readers, then it could possibly be reconsidered. I'm such a romantic that I always believe in redemption. *sighs*

Even yours, Bob.

Conner

Dam, how do I change my vote !

I don't know if a clubbing would suffice in this case :axeman:

One little point though, after the kiss between The Scar and Dimitri, my reading sped up tenfold. I will probably have to re-read the chapter to get the full enjoyment of the later half.

Steve

But... But... But... You got what you asked for! You said there had better be a kiss, and there was!!

And don't forget, we have only two choices for any blame: Ieshwar, and Shadowgod. 0:)

Lace-up shorts from a New York company. I've seen them used in Australia, but not for a long, long time. Some people may wear them, but I don't know of any....

Thanks! I do remember those being called "Aussie" in IM, but, many places call things "aussie" just to make them different.

Not me! I'm just a innocent, friendly, kind and very warm Mauritian who happens to be an agoraphobic homosexual! :( I'm a victim of a conspiracy by the evil goat! :(

Yes, the breakfast thing was great but they were both so blond that they never saw it!!! Duh!

Ieshwar

No conspiracy; you said you would stop calling me a lurker if there was a kiss between Brandon and Chase.

:P

Brandon and Chase have their hangups... and maybe they'll start wondering where the hand-holding might have led had they not been interrupted. :)

Conner

Ack!!

But Conner, what about Goatish solidarity, and goats sticking together, and all that? :o

CJ, you are in deep doo-doo. :angry:

(...)

Conner

Intentionally duping one's readership is a major literery faux-pas. So, yes, no award for CJ.

But... But... But... You got what you asked for! You said there had better be a kiss, and there was!!

(...)

But Conner, what about Goatish solidarity, and goats sticking together, and all that? :o

:lol::lol: :lol: Think twice before voting for a goat name; it seems these two are gonna be head-butting soon.

Graeme had warned against the high risk of a misleading title. I'd say it should take three or four more chapters for Brandon and Chase to find out they're mutually attracted. And three or four more before they do something about it.

• Site Moderator

It may not have been the kiss we were expecting but it was a kiss. Not that I'm defending THAT goat mind you. But how could you do that to us CJ!!

I'll swing by Dorney Park and pick up Thunderhawk, Cedar Point to get Raptor, King's Island for Firehawk and Indiana Beach for their mascot The Crow and we'll provide some of the feathers to be used on the Goat.

I also remember seeing those shorts in my younger days.

Jan

Chapter 6, "A Kiss", Is up. Thanks Joe!

And I know I said that the title would be "The Kiss" not "A Kiss", but I forgot. You can't expect a goat to remember totles perfectly, ya know.. :*)

B).....Seems like yesterday a certain goat claimed to have a memory like an elephant.

QUOTE(Ieshwar @ August 28 2007, 09:18 PM) post_snapback.gifJon, Eric and Helen know everything. But why don't Chase and Brandon?

B) .......Duh! They are both blonde!

And don't forget, we have only two choices for any blame: Ieshwar, and Shadowgod. 0:)

B) ..........I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! there was going to be a kiss, but the crafty goat didn't say who it was going to be with. Evil Goat!! Ieshwar, stay back away from the tar & feathers, me thinks you are not blameless!

But another great chapter CJ!! ;)

Edited by Benji

:lol::lol: :lol: Think twice before voting for a goat name; it seems these two are gonna be head-butting soon.

Graeme had warned against the high risk of a misleading title. I'd say it should take three or four more chapters for Brandon and Chase to find out they're mutually attracted. And three or four more before they do something about it.

Well, now every main character except Brandon and Chase knows its mutual. LoL. But, remember, the story timeline is less than a week since they met. That, however, will be speeding up a bit soon.

By the time Brandon and Chase figure it out, maybe they'll be too old to do anything about it? 0:)

Chapter six was, of course, wizzo. But I'm not speaking to you. 'The Kiss' ;) yeah right!

You're one bad Goat!

Camy

Awww, but Camy, the chapter title was quite correct; there was a kiss. :wub:

It may not have been the kiss we were expecting but it was a kiss. Not that I'm defending THAT goat mind you. But how could you do that to us CJ!!

I'll swing by Dorney Park and pick up Thunderhawk, Cedar Point to get Raptor, King's Island for Firehawk and Indiana Beach for their mascot The Crow and we'll provide some of the feathers to be used on the Goat.

I also remember seeing those shorts in my younger days.

Jan

Ack! But I'd look horrible in feathers!

I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! there was going to be a kiss, but the crafty goat didn't say who it was going to be with. Evil Goat!! Ieshwar, stay back away from the tar & feathers, me thinks you are not blameless![/color][/color][/color][/color]

But another great chapter CJ!! ;)

Thanks!!!

Hmmm, should I mention that, prior to some major editing in response to Ieshwar's threat to stop calling me a lurker, things went a little differently... But I had to delete the kiss between Brandon and Chase and the huge sex scene it led to, and have The Scar and Dimitri kiss instead. Nah, I probably shouldn't mention that.... 0:)

Hey CJ

You did it once agian, bringing another great chapter to us, good job and keep it up :2thumbs:

-LC

Thanks LC!!! :wub:

Thanks!!!

Hmmm, should I mention that, prior to some major editing in response to Ieshwar's threat to stop calling me a lurker, things went a little differently... But I had to delete the kiss between Brandon and Chase and the huge sex scene it led to, and have The Scar and Dimitri kiss instead. Nah, I probably shouldn't mention that.... 0:)

B) .......Thanks for not mentioning it

Thanks!!!

B) .......Thanks for not mentioning it

Anytime! I'm a lurker, so I'm very good at not mentioning things, and not saying much of anything, really. :ph34r:

Anytime! I'm a lurker, so I'm very good at not mentioning things, and not saying much of anything, really. :ph34r:

That sounds about right - I guestimate there are probably a couple hundred posts from CJ that actally say anything of importance and more than FOUR THOUSAND that don't!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..