Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Runoff poll for a name!

Runoff poll  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What should the name be for fans of the stories?

• Capricans
    • The Herd

NEVER!!

Even though I am a staunch Caprican, I will NOT follow The Herd!! :P

LoL!

Wow, thanks everyone! And Bondwriter, those pics are GREAT!

Sorry for my brief reply, my muse is on a rage tonight (morning now, actually) and I need to get back to writing.

Thanks!!

CJ

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, we're not following the herd. We're supervising the Herd from behind in case a few goats go stray! :D We may be rivals but we remain good friends. That's one of the qualities of Capricans. :)

Ieshwar, Proud Caprican

OMG! That ellicited an image of a Kashmiri herdsman herding goats!!!

Seconded, Ieshwar....Seconded!!!

The BeaStKid, Prouder Caprican

OMG! That ellicited an image of a Kashmiri herdsman herding goats!!!

Seconded, Ieshwar....Seconded!!!

The BeaStKid, Prouder Caprican

B) .........Aye a noble people the Capricans are......http://www.robotics.com/allen/lawg/history.html

• Site Moderator
IT DOES.... It means y'all have gone off to follow CJ leaving us to decide what we want to call ourselves!! :P

The BeaStKid

A splinter group for a splinter group? That could also mean that Caprican's don't want to be part of the following.

The Herd doesn't need to shout to draw attention to ourselves. We are lurking in the background.

• Site Administrator

Come on now, if the herd had five more votes it would have been 2 to 1. :D I love manipulating stats.

But, you must concede that the Herd won by six votes. I would be more willing to concede if it was 50/50, but the isn't any democracy 50% plius 1 to declare the winner.

Besides, I created that signature at the bottom of my posts, and I don't know how I did it, and therefore don't know if I can change it :P .

Steve

• Site Administrator
But, you must concede that the Herd won by six votes.

Nope -- All I will concede is that the Herd is currently leading by six votes. We've still got another seven years until my youngest son is old enough to vote. I think it is only fair and just that we wait until then, or until the Capricans hit the lead -- whichever comes first :P

• Site Moderator
Judging from the number of Capricans' posts, I'd say the poll is closed and Capricans won. Let the Herd lurk quietly in the background, building up a new silent majority.

It's not the number of posts that count, it's the votes.

Nope -- All I will concede is that the Herd is currently leading by six votes. We've still got another seven years until my youngest son is old enough to vote. I think it is only fair and just that we wait until then, or until the Capricans hit the lead -- whichever comes first :P

If you was to wait that long, Graeme, you run the risk of having him vote for the herd.

Jan

• Site Administrator

If you was to wait that long, Graeme, you run the risk of having him vote for the herd.

Possibly, but I can't see how I can lose. If Caprican's hit the lead, the voting closes. If we are still behind when he's old enough, then if he votes for The Herd, we'll still be behind -- so no change :)

Possibly, but I can't see how I can lose. If Caprican's hit the lead, the voting closes. If we are still behind when he's old enough, then if he votes for The Herd, we'll still be behind -- so no change :)

I like this logic! :2thumbs:

Come on now, if the herd had five more votes it would have been 2 to 1. :D I love manipulating stats.

But, you must concede that the Herd won by six votes. I would be more willing to concede if it was 50/50, but the isn't any democracy 50% plius 1 to declare the winner.

(...)

Now, now... What's this rule about "we get more votes so we win" and "number of votes counts, number of posts don't count". It seems you Herdians reinvent the rules as things come. Graeme will have to come in again and settle the matter in a fair, unbiased Caprican way.

Now, now... What's this rule about "we get more votes so we win" and "number of votes counts, number of posts don't count". It seems you Herdians reinvent the rules as things come. Graeme will have to come in again and settle the matter in a fair, unbiased Caprican way.

B) ..........for now the herds in the lead and that makes us the winners!!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..