Bob D.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Going Public"

Two possibilties:

1. Chase or Brandon or both are outed.

2. Brandon is presented to the media with the inetrviews and all. I think this is more likely.

Waiting to see Brandon in front of camera! :D

Ieshwar

P.S This wasn't silly, was it?

So, number one might have happened... We'll have to wait and see...

Number 2 however, seems right on the mark... You need to think, "more cowbell, er... goat"

I agree that number two is the most likely -- swimsuit interviews included (remember the photo shoot that's coming up?), though number one may also occur, if Lump is sufficiently stupid.

Apparently, the swimsuit edition of Rolling Stone is in a later chapter, good guess though I suppose!

Actually, both could happen. They might also get caught by paparazzi somewhere. Remember the title might also refer to the Scar, we got fooled with the kiss stuff.

Yes, and no discrimination towards dogs, goats won't like this, will they?

Ah, caught by Paparazzi? Yes, good job there!

"Going Public"

My prediction is that Lump will launch a lawsuit against Instinct and the bands assets will be frozen before they can get their legal defence ready. In an act of desperation, the band decides to incorporate themselves and offer IPO's on the NYSE. The Scar, always looking for a quick buck to help offset the costs of evil doings, will buy 49% of the band stock. The remaining 51% will be acquired by the boys' Dad with an agreement that Lump will be the new manager. Hence the band will be "going public".

There!!! Can't wait till Tuesday to see if any of the above predictions are true :D .

This post also takes care of my contribution to the weeks silliness :P:P .

Steve

Steve, poor Steve... The goat has attempted to invalidate your future story plans for Lump, by introducing... dum dum dum... Larry! But, knowing the Goat-thing, yours is probably the most likely long term reality of the band.

See, I was just taking a shower and thinking about that title... but somehow I got it all wrong... I was thinking Outted was in the title somewhere and Brandon was gonna get caught by Chris standing over that poster having his way with him... :devil:

But since the title is "Going Public" I think we're stuck with the photo shoot, or maybe just going out in public in the new wardrobe!

Now, let's think like a goat for a sec...

Brandon is chasing Gabe, Gabe is going to be arrested... perhaps Instinct has to Go public with the allegations against Gabe and the embezzling in order to have a 'first-strike' in terms of PR.

Bob :wub:

Wowzer, I really am a minion of the Goat... Check that last line... I all but nailed that scene to the floor... :lol:

More puppy love, less goat! Now we have to punish Cj for the perdiciment he's put Chase in...

Dear Mr. Goat, you'd better fix that little problem, or else!

Steve, poor Steve... The goat has attempted to invalidate your future story plans for Lump, by introducing... dum dum dum... Larry! But, knowing the Goat-thing, yours is probably the most likely long term reality of the band.

*south-of-the-border voice* Larry? I don't see no stinkin' Larry!

Okay okay, I made a mistake!

Jerry... not Larry, it's Jerry!

-----------------

Arching an eyebrow as soon as Helen and Brandon had exited the suite, Jon chuckled,

Wow, some good predictions here! Kudos to all those who did well! For those who didn't do so well, if it's any consolation I'd probably not have done so well either before writing the recent chapters; my stories tend to change on me as I write. :)

BTW, Joe posted this about an hour before you found it, Bob. Good catch!!!!!!!!

Ah, caught by Paparazzi? Yes, good job there!

Didn't I tell you that I made good predictions? Feel like the Goat, See like the Goat, Think like the Goat...

Otherwise, how long will CJ keep these poor kids unaware of each other's feelings? Or will he even go to the extent of having them NOT have a romance, but find other partners down the line? This would be quite unexpected.

B) .....Wow a lotta predictions, with Phoenix (Arizonia being famous for the 45 minute burrito) being the bands next stop, the paparazzi's photo's are sure to be in that towns paper, therefore Brandon's outing has already happened! Brandon will try and protect Chase from the ensuing media blitz, Brandon's actions will futher confuse Chase.
Didn't I tell you that I made good predictions? Feel like the Goat, See like the Goat, Think like the Goat...

Otherwise, how long will CJ keep these poor kids unaware of each other's feelings? Or will he even go to the extent of having them NOT have a romance, but find other partners down the line? This would be quite unexpected.

Nah, if you wan't a Cj-Long term story plot... think Jon gets a new girlfriend, a cousin of Helen's by chance, who ends up being an ex-girlfriend of The Scar's.

Now, said gf (who we never see naked) is really a man, who accidently falls for Brandon (as the front man for Instinct.) Chase finds out, and a fight ensues between Jon and the "gf." Because no one quite figures out that the gf is really a gay man who is playing the field.

The story ends with the gf sacrificing himself to stop Scar's evil plot, leaving Chase to emotionally rescue Brandon or save one of his brothers from a falling spotlight at the Phoenix concert. In this moment of doubt, Brandon gets shot, Eric tries to save Jon, but Jon is the inside man who's felt betrayed by his brothers and Lump, and is attempting suicide by spot light.

Eric is hospitalized and Jon feels overly guilty now, since Eric tried to save him, and hates Chase for running off with Brandon to form a duet-group called Animal Wiles. In the Epilogue we find out that Eric doesn't make it, Jon goes to prison, and Helen turns out to be an android who has been remotely controlled by some strange hairy 4-legged beast in Arizona trying to get revenge on Brandon for not being the goat's play-thing... :devil:

Nah, if you wan't a Cj-Long term story plot... think Jon gets a new girlfriend, a cousin of Helen's by chance, who ends up being an ex-girlfriend of The Scar's.

Now, said gf (who we never see naked) is really a man, who accidently falls for Brandon (as the front man for Instinct.) Chase finds out, and a fight ensues between Jon and the "gf." Because no one quite figures out that the gf is really a gay man who is playing the field.

The story ends with the gf sacrificing himself to stop Scar's evil plot, leaving Chase to emotionally rescue Brandon or save one of his brothers from a falling spotlight at the Phoenix concert. In this moment of doubt, Brandon gets shot, Eric tries to save Jon, but Jon is the inside man who's felt betrayed by his brothers and Lump, and is attempting suicide by spot light.

Eric is hospitalized and Jon feels overly guilty now, since Eric tried to save him, and hates Chase for running off with Brandon to form a duet-group called Animal Wiles. In the Epilogue we find out that Eric doesn't make it, Jon goes to prison, and Helen turns out to be an android who has been remotely controlled by some strange hairy 4-legged beast in Arizona trying to get revenge on Brandon for not being the goat's play-thing... :devil:

B) .......You know Bob, I quit smoking that stuff about 30 years ago!! :P

Edited by Benji
  • Site Moderator

I think Bob needs an editor or beta reader to review his posts. You beat me to the punch Emoe. I was going to say I never met Larry, but I did meet a Jerry in the story.

As for the two possibilities, I think they both have happened. The pictures have been taken. Any tabloid that gets them will run with it. Lump will then get the idea to sell the story to the tabloid as his vengeance.

Jan

I think Bob needs an editor or beta reader to review his posts.

Bob, you are a prolific one! 0:)

What is the secret the guys and Helen are keeping from Brandon? That's a curious little twist I can't figure out.

Chase's blue balls are a problem. I hope that's solved soon. Could the key to solve this be a photograph of Chase hugging Brandon? And this picture suggests that both are into each other?

Stay tuned. Maybe a "Larry" will meet The Scar and they'll make out in a suite at the Sheraton before going out to destroy the world (Just for a little homo-erotic twist).

Jack B)

First of good chapter overall, it's a little sad tho that, this time around, there wasn't any big Brandon/Chase moment.

What is the secret the guys and Helen are keeping from Brandon? That's a curious little twist I can't figure out.

I'm wondering the same thing, what is it so troublesome they'd need to keep from him. him being a fourth of the team? For sure a picture of brandon and chase hugging can make things more interesting.

First of good chapter overall, it's a little sad tho that, this time around, there wasn't any big Brandon/Chase moment.

I'm wondering the same thing, what is it so troublesome they'd need to keep from him. him being a fourth of the team? For sure a picture of brandon and chase hugging can make things more interesting.

B) ..........Welcome to GA and to your 1st post, the evil goat has a way giving just so much, as you start to used to the story he throws a curve at you

• Site Administrator

I'm wondering the same and my best guess is that it has something to do with being the lead singer. The lead singer is also often the spokesperson for the band, though that doesn't seem to be what they are implying. I think it has to do with the chase and arrest, or the subsequent "outing" to the media. For now, I suspect it'll be interview requests -- possibly live on TV. They don't want to scare him, so they're not telling him that that is what they expect to happen.

I have to say that I'm slightly disappointed in CJ with Jerry's character. I know that there are a lot more gay dads out there than most people realise, but it's the coincidence of a gay dad being caught by his celebrity son who happens to be in a band with a gay guy. Unless it is critical to the later plot, I think all of that scene could have been managed equally well with just an estranged dad's concern for his son. The reason for estrangement didn't need to be stated -- it may have been that Jerry tried to be too controlling early on, since he's the one with the financial experience, and Joe pushed back. It could be that that Jerry being gay is needed for the story, but on first impression I didn't like it -- it felt too forced.

Overall, though, it was a good chapter. I especially like the guys comments about the paparazzi. I got the impression that they didn't like them... :P The only thing missing was a bit of balance -- some of the paparazzi aren't that bad, even if there is a significant number of obnoxious ones. It would have been nice for one of the guys to have made a statement along those lines. However, since I've never been a victim of the paparazzi I'm not really in a position to comment.

Since Helen mentioned that she got the hotel to close the pool for the photo shoot, I'm thinking that she's going to maximum sex appeal and she's got something less reserved than board shorts for Brandon to wear...

As for how exactly the Goat is going to tie together the two plot threads, I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Steve

Hmmm? Does this mean you are becoming a lurker? I'm sorry, but you have far too many posts to be a lurker like me.. :ph34r:

:lmao::blink::lol:

Good one, Bob! :worship:

Bob, you are a prolific one! 0:)

Chase's blue balls are a problem.

Jack B)

What? Blue balls, in one of my stories? Never! 0:)

Hi FrenchCanadian, and welcome to GA!!! :2thumbs:

I can't comment on the plot, except to say that all will be explained. :)

I have to say that I'm slightly disappointed in CJ with Jerry's character. I know that there are a lot more gay dads out there than most people realise, but it's the coincidence of a gay dad being caught by his celebrity son who happens to be in a band with a gay guy. Unless it is critical to the later plot, I think all of that scene could have been managed equally well with just an estranged dad's concern for his son. The reason for estrangement didn't need to be stated -- it may have been that Jerry tried to be too controlling early on, since he's the one with the financial experience, and Joe pushed back. It could be that that Jerry being gay is needed for the story, but on first impression I didn't like it -- it felt too forced.

Overall, though, it was a good chapter. I especially like the guys comments about the paparazzi. I got the impression that they didn't like them... :P The only thing missing was a bit of balance -- some of the paparazzi aren't that bad, even if there is a significant number of obnoxious ones. It would have been nice for one of the guys to have made a statement along those lines. However, since I've never been a victim of the paparazzi I'm not really in a position to comment.

Hi Graeme!!

Well, umm, yes, there are a lot of gay dads out there <CJ stares at the Echidna's member title> :P

As for Jerry, we now have a reason to use that least-used of GA's emoticans; :jerry::jerry: :jerry: :jerry:

As for the Papparazo; I'm not saying you don't have a point there, but you would be hard pressed indeed to find a celebrity who has a kind thing to say about them. They are hated and reviled; they stalk and harass their targets. A reporter and a papparazo are two very, very different things. Had I had one of the guys say something redeeming about them, I felt it would have been fake, and I also couldn't think of anything at all good to say about them. :)

Since Helen mentioned that she got the hotel to close the pool for the photo shoot, I'm thinking that she's going to maximum sex appeal and she's got something less reserved than board shorts for Brandon to wear...

As for how exactly the Goat is going to tie together the two plot threads, I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Steve

Hi Steve!!

Personally, I thought Eric gave the show away on what they're hiding. :)0:)

• Site Administrator
Personally, I thought Eric gave the show away on what they're hiding. :)0:)

You mean this bit?

Eric, smiling sweetly, said to Helen, “Yeah, there should be some good coverage. I’m sure glad you had everything covered, and Brandon isn’t undercover anymore.” Catching the fierce warning in Helen’s eyes, he decided to change the subject, “What was that you were saying on stage, about help from an unexpected source, and Dad’s cooperating?”

I'm sorry, but I always had the impression that he was likely to be on the front cover of Rolling Stone. From what you've implied, he moght not have been, but probably will be now.

You mean this bit?

I'm sorry, but I always had the impression that he was likely to be on the front cover of Rolling Stone. From what you've implied, he might not have been, but probably will be now.

I can't answer some of that as it deals with future events (and I fear your anti-spoiler spines), but I can say that RS was going to do an article on them. It never was said to be a cover story. Just an article with photos. And then the whole publicity storm from Gabe's arrest happened, and RS requested something that Helen agreed to.

Now, I'd like to ask about the Iguazu scenes. Graeme, it was indeed on your list. It never occurred to me that a search on "The Devil's Throat" would turn that up. Good thinking! :2thumbs:

Question: Did the photos help? Or were they superfluous? I tried to describe it, but found my descriptions lacking. I tried elaborating, but it just got wordy and convoluted.

Another question: Dimitri's comment about much of the walkway being washed out on his prior visit, and having to shuttle to the viewing platform in a small boat near the TOP of the falls. Did anyone find that far-fetched? Or the Brick jetways? :)

• Site Administrator
Now, I'd like to ask about the Iguazu scenes. Graeme, it was indeed on your list. It never occurred to me that a search on "The Devil's Throat" would turn that up. Good thinking! :2thumbs:

Google is my friend :wub:

Question: Did the photos help? Or were they superfluous? I tried to describe it, but found my descriptions lacking. I tried elaborating, but it just got wordy and convoluted.

Yes, the photos and author's notes did help. I don't think they were needed because I don't see that having this particular location well detailed is that important (unless it re-appears in a future scene, and I know CJ can't comment on that), but it certainly helped to visualise the situation.

Another question: Dimitri's comment about much of the walkway being washed out on his prior visit, and having to shuttle to the viewing platform in a small boat near the TOP of the falls. Did anyone find that far-fetched? Or the Brick jetways? :)

Neither sounded far-fetched. That's a part of the world where storms occur, and with a storm, there is storm damage. I wouldn't be surprised if the walkway washed away periodically. For tourism purposes, they'd want that to be as seldom as possible, but I can't see how they could stop it completely without spending a lot of money.

As for the brick jetways, it took me a bit to understand what they were since that's not a termiology we use here. I think "air bridge" what we call them. Honestly, that's the sort of thing that authors don't make up. If they include it in a story, it's because it's real :D .

so RS was gonna do an article on them, then after the incident they made a request that has something to do with Brandon now no longer being undercover.

well, my guess is that the poolside photos are gonna be alot more.....'revealing' than Brandon first thought, im guessing that is the kind of request RS made to Helen. And then with the nice big scoop with the Gabe incident, maybe RS is gonna put something juicy of Instinct for the cover shot? :D

who knows, maybe they'll be a great big group hug shot in the flesh, and it just so happens Chase and Brandon are next to each other. but i bet our evil goat here will turn that back on us and make Brandon do something to make Chase think he doesnt want him. Are we allowed to bribe the editors to.....influence the story to our liking? *smiles innocently*

eek, post count going up, deary me.

Steve

so RS was gonna do an article on them, then after the incident they made a request that has something to do with Brandon now no longer being undercover.

well, my guess is that the poolside photos are gonna be alot more.....'revealing' than Brandon first thought, im guessing that is the kind of request RS made to Helen. And then with the nice big scoop with the Gabe incident, maybe RS is gonna put something juicy of Instinct for the cover shot? :D

At the same time, Rolling Stone is not famous for male nudity. So, if they are like the RHCP they might be shirtless all the time, or even a bit more if they're like the Stooges (yes, Iggy does wave his thingy during shows, and you all should see the fictionalized account of his affair with David Bowie in Velvet Goldmine); once again, we're all puzzled as to how the devious mind of the goat is making up twists for the future chapters.

I do have a problem with not knowing the band's style. I still picture them as some kind of boys band who play the instruments, and this make me wonder about their image.

It definitely sounded as if you knew the locations firsthand, or at least had had a friend visit them. Same as Graeme: if this doesn't play a further role in the story, I don't see why it would require further description. With your writing, we get the "water falls that are much more impressive than Niagara Falls in a tropical location"; I had been quite disappointed by Niagara Falls myself, especially when I found out they were located in a city, whereas, from seeing Superman (2, I believe), I thought they were in the wilderness.

who knows, maybe they'll be a great big group hug shot in the flesh, and it just so happens Chase and Brandon are next to each other. but i bet our evil goat here will turn that back on us and make Brandon do something to make Chase think he doesnt want him. Are we allowed to bribe the editors to.....influence the story to our liking? *smiles innocently*

eek, post count going up, deary me.

You're more than welcome to transfer large sums to my C.I. account. It could yield some lobbying from me for things to your liking. Of course, there are no guarantees of a result, but I will relay your requests. *hopes Iashrac won't just become a post-whore in the thread, which could just get the exact same results*

And beware! If you keep posting at this rate, you'll be at CJ's level in less than 234 years.

• Site Administrator
who knows, maybe they'll be a great big group hug shot in the flesh, and it just so happens Chase and Brandon are next to each other. but i bet our evil goat here will turn that back on us and make Brandon do something to make Chase think he doesnt want him.

Well, Brandon has already done that -- slipping out of Chase's hug after Gabe's arrest. Chase's only saving grace is his age -- he's seventeen, maybe eighteen, I think -- because otherwise he's an idiot. Of course Brandon is not going to approve of a public display of affection!

Of, and it's good to see another Aussie posting here. :D The Aussie takeover plans are progressing to schedule.... :P

I do have a problem with not knowing the band's style. I still picture them as some kind of boys band who play the instruments, and this make me wonder about their image.

Helen has said they're a Rock band. Lump was the lead singer who would just stand there and sing. Since he didn't want the rest of the band to show him up, I suspect their on-stage antics have been pretty mild up until now. Given that they consider Brandon to have a lot more stage-craft than Lump (ie. he will actually move around the stage...), Eric and Jon may start doing more, too.

So, up until this point in the story, they have made their way pretty much purely on the music itself -- not on presentation/dancing. I see them as more like the older Rock bands -- prior to, or in the early days of music videos. There's no indication that they've done a music video, apart maybe from simply recording one of their performances.

Helen has said they're a Rock band. Lump was the lead singer who would just stand there and sing. Since he didn't want the rest of the band to show him up, I suspect their on-stage antics have been pretty mild up until now. Given that they consider Brandon to have a lot more stage-craft than Lump (ie. he will actually move around the stage...), Eric and Jon may start doing more, too.

So, up until this point in the story, they have made their way pretty much purely on the music itself -- not on presentation/dancing. I see them as more like the older Rock bands -- prior to, or in the early days of music videos. There's no indication that they've done a music video, apart maybe from simply recording one of their performances.

Yes, we know they play rock music, which in itself isn't much of an indication. To me, rock music means loud, fast, outrageous, rebellious, in-the-face... Which doesn't necessarily mean the musicians would match these adjectives. And the meaning of rock for younger generations doesn't necessarily have the same connotations.

I just would like to seem them facing real life a bit more on their own. No doubt CJ will get them out of the shield of Helen, and in some kind of peril/ dire situation at some point, so we'll see what they're really like.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..