Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play Ch8: Going Public

Bob D.

I just would like to seem them facing real life a bit more on their own. No doubt CJ will get them out of the shield of Helen, and in some kind of peril/ dire situation at some point, so we'll see what they're really like.

No doubt, the Scar will help :P .

BTW, Thanks JG for the pictures of Iguazu Falls :worship: .My daughter went there, its fabulous :D .

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B) .......You know Bob, I quit smoking that stuff about 30 years ago!! :P

When do you post your first story, Benji?

Starting the silliness early... just because I can.

I found a video clip of someone singing about Brandon... 0:)

I'm probably showing my age, since I knew what I was looking for when I found that clip....

Too funny! When I first read about RS in the story, that song bubbled to the front of my mind and I dug out an MP3 of it.

well, my guess is that the poolside photos are gonna be alot more.....'revealing' than Brandon first thought, im guessing that is the kind of request RS made to Helen. And then with the nice big scoop with the Gabe incident, maybe RS is gonna put something juicy of Instinct for the cover shot?

my guess wouldn't be "something juicy" per say,, but it could be nice that Brandon gets to have his sexy pose poster-like picture.

I do have a problem with not knowing the band's style. I still picture them as some kind of boys band who play the instruments, and this make me wonder about their image.

The same would be with, who are their primary public. because having a main public of teen might not be a good sign for a long future career as a group.

The same would be with, who are their primary public. because having a main public of teen might not be a good sign for a long future career as a group.

Yes, this will be good to know. The bad audience would be very young teens to preteens, because they do not stay fans for very long. Otherwise, lots of bands renew their audience every five years or so, and end up having two or three generations at concerts. I was wondering if there were still crowds for which the gay musicians would be a problem. Rob Halford of Judas Priest feared coming out because the records company thought it would be a problem with fans. In a different genre, Robbie Williams, were he gay, wouldn't be able to come out without breaking the heart of thousands of girls (some of them in their 20s now I'd guess) Will Instinct have the same problem because of its audience?

QUOTE(Benji @ September 12 2007, 01:45 PM) post_snapback.gif B) .......You know Bob, I quit smoking that stuff about 30 years ago!! :P

When do you post your first story, Benji?

B) .......When I was 8 years old, it was a halloween play .called I think "Witches and Elves"

All I can say is:

An old from cover of Rolling Stone (2000) I can remember was Sugar Ray on the cover wearing a stick of dynamite... the next cover was a female artist wearing a fig leaf and long hair...

So I know Rolling Stone does "nude" covers.

Bob :wub:

Not buying this magazine this often, and not even passing in front of newsstands this often, I'll take your word for it. The question then is: will CJ maintain a certain level of decency to his story, and avoid potentially confronting underage readers to a RS "nude" cover in his story?

• Site Moderator
I just would like to seem them facing real life a bit more on their own. No doubt CJ will get them out of the shield of Helen, and in some kind of peril/ dire situation at some point, so we'll see what they're really like.

I can agree with this statement. We have no idea what the brother's life was like before the band. Were they allowed to act like teens? Now that they are well known, they can't go out into public without some kind of disguise. Which makes it difficult to go out on dates.

It also seems that mother Helen keeps a tight rein on them. What they need is some place where they can go and be themselves, or raise some hell if they want.

Brandon just might be the one who can do something about that. He does have some street smarts about him.

Once Chase and Brandon figure out they have the same feelings for each other, the both are going to be http://thetalon.ipbhost.com/style_emoticon...1_17%5B1%5D.gif . It hasn't dawned on Chase yet that the reason that Brandon reacted the way he did was because they were out in public.

Jan

• Site Administrator

I would be surprised if they went for anything too revealing in the photo shoot. While sex sells, I think Helen is smart enough to realise that the band's long term future is about their music and not their sex appeal. Overdoing the "sex appeal" side too early, especially with a new lead singer, would be a mistake. I believe there will be enough flesh revealed to make young girls (and some guys) swoon without going so far as to have the pictures banned by some puritanical groups. RS doesn't mind some controversy, but they'll want their magazine to sell, too.

Another great chapter! I think the big secret is something along the lines of their story being front page news. They will probably want Brandon to take a prominent spot in the photo or maybe be by himself. Considering how nervouse he is about his appearance they probably want to keep him from spending the evening doing situps.

The pictures were great. They were not needed for understanding the story but who doesn't like ilustrations?

When it comes to Jerry, I'm sure he has a purpose if CJ spent several paragraphs on him. Maybe he will be the one to get Chase and Brandon to open up to each other. :D ...anything to get them to realize their mutual feelings.

When it comes to Jerry, I'm sure he has a purpose if CJ spent several paragraphs on him. Maybe he will be the one to get Chase and Brandon to open up to each other. :D ...anything to get them to realize their mutual feelings.

he's gonna corner each of them after their poolside shots while still in their swimgear and lock them up in a room together!!

hi echidna man!

let the aussie take over begin!

• Site Administrator
back, Back, BACK I say!

Excuse me? :angry: We Aussies have a perfect right to plot for world domination, starting with GA. I'm sure it's in the constitution, or something....

:sword: :axeman: :battleaxe: :fire: :fire: :fire: :pickaxe: :mace: :ranger:

so RS was gonna do an article on them, then after the incident they made a request that has something to do with Brandon now no longer being undercover.

well, my guess is that the poolside photos are gonna be alot more.....'revealing' than Brandon first thought, im guessing that is the kind of request RS made to Helen. And then with the nice big scoop with the Gabe incident, maybe RS is gonna put something juicy of Instinct for the cover shot? :D

who knows, maybe they'll be a great big group hug shot in the flesh, and it just so happens Chase and Brandon are next to each other. but i bet our evil goat here will turn that back on us and make Brandon do something to make Chase think he doesnt want him. Are we allowed to bribe the editors to.....influence the story to our liking? *smiles innocently*

eek, post count going up, deary me.

Emoe is known to take bribes, but then again, so am I. :devil:

As for the post count, yes, you are now soundly in the double-digit range. I'll be calling you a postaholic in no time. 0:)

Now, I'd best get back to my lurking... :ph34r:

At the same time, Rolling Stone is not famous for male nudity. So, if they are like the RHCP they might be shirtless all the time, or even a bit more if they're like the Stooges (yes, Iggy does wave his thingy during shows, and you all should see the fictionalized account of his affair with David Bowie in Velvet Goldmine); once again, we're all puzzled as to how the devious mind of the goat is making up twists for the future chapters.

I do have a problem with not knowing the band's style. I still picture them as some kind of boys band who play the instruments, and this make me wonder about their image.

And beware! If you keep posting at this rate, you'll be at CJ's level in less than 234 years.

Bondwriter!! That 234 years comment could be read to imply that you are questioning my precious reputation as a quiet and shy lurker? Surely you wouldn't do such a thing? :ph34r:

One thing I can say about RS, is when they do a "nude" cover, it's G or PG rated; no full-frontal nudity becuase they'd lose most of their circulation in the US were it otherwise; they'd lose their rack space in most distributorships.

And I'll definitly be being more specific on their sound in future, but for now, rest assured that they are not a boyband; that genre is usually considered "pop", and recall Helen's comment about Brandon's pop song: Somethign along the lines of "Burn it, we're a rock band, not a pop band; you'd be laughed off the stage". :)

Well, Brandon has already done that -- slipping out of Chase's hug after Gabe's arrest. Chase's only saving grace is his age -- he's seventeen, maybe eighteen, I think -- because otherwise he's an idiot. Of course Brandon is not going to approve of a public display of affection!

17, but a far more mitigating circumstance applies; he's blond. :)

Some of this has already been mentioned, so I can say that it's been mentioned that they've been very isolated. There will be more on this issue in Ch 10. :)

BTW, Thanks JG for the pictures of Iguazu Falls :worship: .My daughter went there, its fabulous :D .

Iguazu is indeed a fantastic place. I spent six days there a few years ago.

The brick jetways are indeed real, as is the farm tractor for towing the airplane. So too was the washed-out walkway and the view from the Sheraton (it looks up the canyon at the falls). It is also very true that the area is well known for it's smuggling and international intrigue. (Brazil and Argentina meet Paraguay just down the canyon of the river, about seven miles downstream)

What I thought might be greeted with incredulity was the small boat dimitri mentioned; appraching the TOP of the falls in a rowboat with an old outboard motor. If the mother conks, he's right, you'd get a very spectacular view as the boat was pulled over the falls. I wasn't too worried about it though, becuase although it's far-fetched, it's quite real; that was the case when I was there, and I took that boat ride to get to the platform.

my guess wouldn't be "something juicy" per say,, but it could be nice that Brandon gets to have his sexy pose poster-like picture.

That's a very good point on their audience! :2thumbs:

All I can say is:

An old from cover of Rolling Stone (2000) I can remember was Sugar Ray on the cover wearing a stick of dynamite... the next cover was a female artist wearing a fig leaf and long hair...

Bob :wub:

True, but always with the "bits" covered, so no full-frontal nudity. :)

Hi CJ,

I found the chapter rather short. Was it really short or is my appetite growing? Perhaps both

• Site Administrator

Hi All,

I'm too a wee bit late posting. First and foremost, I want to thank CJ, Emoe, Graeme, Bondwriter, Shadowgod, Joe and all others for getting out the chapter. I know we gave you some ribbing on not being their Tuesday, but I'm sure we all appreciate the hard work you put into getting a chapter to us on a regular basis. :worship:

One of the reason that I didn't post for a few days, is because of something that CJ mentioned way back when in FTL, that he put clues in the stories to give some insight to future events. So, I have read the chapter four times now :blink: , and still not convinced on what the brothers and Helen are hiding from Brandon. All I can figure is when Helen gave Eric the "look" when he mentioned that Brandon wasn't undercover anymore, it that the photo shoot is going to be for a cover shot. So I agree with the rest of you.

Actually CJ, I'm glad you did include the pictures of Devil's Throat, as I was really confused with the description of the falls. By mentioning Niagara Falls, I was trying to picture your written description with my memory of Niagara, which wasn't working out. After seeing the pictures, I realized what you meant by the canyon, and the layout much better. Thanks :great: .

Now as far as the introduction of Jerry, I'm glad to see that my reference back in chapter one about the :nuke: icon, had you give us a clue that their would be a character named Jerry :jerry: . Just curious, did your original draft have a Jerry character, or was that amazing goat brain in overdrive to figure out how to put it in the story?

Great chapter CJ, and hopefully Chase isn't too bummed out, as he seemed, about Brandon breaking off the hug. Amazing how sensitive he can be :D .

Excuse me? :angry: We Aussies have a perfect right to plot for world domination, starting with GA. I'm sure it's in the constitution, or something....

:sword: :axeman: :battleaxe: :fire: :fire: :fire: :pickaxe: :mace: :ranger:

Graeme, since our countries are all chummy after the recent APEC meeting, would you consider a "commonwealth" take over of GA? :D With you, jFalkon, Conner, frenchcanadian, Jack Frost (I'm assuming here), and myself, we could muster a formidable force to be reckoned with.

Steve

Edited by wildone
Hi All,

I'm too a wee bit late posting. First and foremost, I want to thank CJ, Emoe, Graeme, Bondwriter, Shadowgod, Joe and all others for getting out the chapter. I know we gave you some ribbing on not being their Tuesday, but I'm sure we all appreciate the hard work you put into getting a chapter to us on a regular basis. :worship:

Thanks! This is very much a team effort, but the real cause of delays is me; if I was as many chapters ahead as I should be, things would run a lot smoother. But, I'm running slow.

Actually CJ, I'm glad you did include the pictures of Devil's Throat, as I was really confused with the description of the falls. By mentioning Niagara Falls, I was trying to picture your written description with my memory of Niagara, which wasn't working out. After seeing the pictures, I realized what you meant by the canyon, and the layout much better. Thanks :great: .

Now as far as the introduction of Jerry, I'm glad to see that my reference back in chapter one about the :nuke: icon, had you give us a clue that their would be a character named Jerry :jerry: . Just curious, did your original draft have a Jerry character, or was that amazing goat brain in overdrive to figure out how to put it in the story?

Graeme, since our countries are all chummy after the recent APEC meeting, would you consider a "commonwealth" take over of GA? :D With you, jFalkon, Conner, frenchcanadian, Jack Frost (I'm assuming here), and myself, we could muster a formidable force to be reckoned with.

Glad you liked the pictures! I tried on the description, but the only way I could get it accurate was to make it exceedingly verbose, so much so that it didn't fit the context.

As for Jerry, yes and no. I decided early in FTL (about a year ago) that I'd want a character named Jerry. Jerry was already in LTMP (which I began years ago) but only in the outlined part. He had been tentatively named "Clarence" but I didn't like it, so I changed it to Jerry when I got to that chapter (past chapter 8, LTMP is new, prior to that, it's a re-work of previously written stuff) I admit, the emoticon played a part in that choice of name. :):jerry:

And yep, when we had that discussion back in Ch 1, I knew there would be a Jerry. :lol: You got me! :2thumbs:

• Site Administrator
I'm too a wee bit late posting. First and foremost, I want to thank CJ, Emoe, Graeme, Bondwriter, Shadowgod, Joe and all others for getting out the chapter.

I'll state for the record that I'm not part of the team :) While CJ will occasionally ask for my advice on writing issues, I don't have any real involvement in the production of the story. Even when he asks for help, he won't tell me anything about the story itself -- he keeps mentioning something about being pincushion-adverse...

I'm happy with that! I can be magnanimous and share.... :D

a 'covered up' nude shot was sorta wat i was talking about in my first post. bleh.

Steve

hey, wat about lil ol' lurker me? the lurking fiery skull of doom

Edited by lashrac
  • Site Administrator
What? Don't you, as a lurker, want to side with you fellow lurker (me)? :ph34r:

But he's an Australian lurker :P After we take over, he'll be able to lurk much more freely... or something like that :P

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..