[Jack Scribe] DESERT FANTASIES

What? Not a cliffhanger? Awww, but I was so enjoying declaring one! :P It's my hobby, you know. 0:)

BTW, another of Jack's stories that I particularly enjoyed was Domes and Teaposts. I love politics, and this was very well done!

I will get to that one eventually. I'm reading the Pool series at present. ;)

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Desert Fantasies was the first Jack Scribe story I found on Nifty. I wrote to Jack with my praise. He directed me to GA and now I never go to Nifty. It's not even bookmarked anymore. Now I've read all his stories. Domes and Teapots remains one of my favorites because of the political setting. But there's no doubt in my mind that, for lack of a better term, the Desert Fantasies series is my absolute favorite. There's so much more he can do with it and I'm thrilled there's gonna be a sequel. IIRC he said it will be set about two years from where Desert Fantasies left off.

CJ, one of the things I like about your stories, and to a certain extent Jack too, is when it comes to sex you leave a lot to the imagination. You make it clear something happened but you rarely get explicit. Imagination is wonderful thing. And quite frankly there are too many authors who focus on the mechanics of sex and not enough on other things like fantastic character development and a great story. Jack and CJ are masters at both.

:wub:

Edited by GaryInMiami
I find I like stories that leave a little more to the imagination. They tend to focus more on the plot instead of the sex.

I mentioned my "learning curve" on penning erotic content. Character development, intriguing plot lines and creating the scene to 'paint a picture' for the reader go hand in hand (in a non-erotic sense :P ). Occasionally I fall off the wagon. :rolleyes: I remember a reader asking me to include a "docking" scene in a story. You'll find that somewhere in Domes and Teapots.

My game plan for story release is as follows:

Splash on the Web - Volume III of the Splash series - September, 2008.

Shifting Sands - Volume III of the Vegas series - April, 2009.

It'll be more like a year's lapse in the story line. Cray will be finishing high school.

I'm going through a fallow creative period right now but plan on getting fired up soon. I know why I'm experiencing writer's block...just have to shake it off this disappointment from last month and go forward.

Jack B)

I'm going through a fallow creative period right now but plan on getting fired up soon. I know why I'm experiencing writer's block...just have to shake it off this disappointment from last month and go forward.

Jack B)

My problem is that I need to learn how to focus more. I have this tendency to do bits and pieces. Whatever the source of your disappointment is, I hope something happens to make you happy again soon. :hug:

My problem is that I need to learn how to focus more. I have this tendency to do bits and pieces. Whatever the source of your disappointment is, I hope something happens to make you happy again soon. :hug:

I feel the same way for both Jack and you, Tim. I hope you both can get focused on writing again soon. We need you more than I think you realize. :wub:

ADDED: Jack, that docking scene was so brief I wondered why you even included it. Now I know. :)

Edited by GaryInMiami