[LittleBuddhaTW] When I See You Again - Chapter 1

Hey all -

The first chapter of my new story, "When I See You Again," is finally posted:

Well it's about time, and not a moment too soon, with so many of the other top net authors slacking off these days.

Seriously, David, it's great to have you back. I had forgotten how beautifully you right and how much of a pleasure it is to read your stories. One chapter and you've already got me hooked. All I can say is, please hurry up with the second chapter! :worship:

The first chapter of my new story, "When I See You Again," is finally posted:

http://littlebuddhatw.gayauthors.org/WISYA/WISYA1.php

Hooray! Welcome back to the world of active authors. How long have we been waiting? I'm not complaining, but I am glad things are settled enough in your life for us to enjoy your writing again. Looking forward to chapter 2.

• Site Administrator

Great first chapter :thumbup: .

You caught my attention right away with the winning pitch being thrown. Then, when you went back and did the character development as the two boys grew over the next 6 or 7 years, really brought me up to speed in knowing the characters.

I laughed too when Mr. Bellinger was a stay at home Dad who did language translation. So, is this what you would like to do, skip the whole office scene and work from home?

Also, the development of the friendship of the poor kid, and the not so poor kid, kinda builds a stronger relationship between the two. I know you used that in SOOTB as well, but hopefully there won't be too much pressure on Grady as he grows older. As of right now, he seems to be getting the support of both Brennan and his Dad.

Oh, and I'm going to nominate Mr. Bellinger for the hero of the year award, just for his discussion with Grady on if he wanted to live with them permanently, and was satisfied with Grady's response. Although I'm sure he has sympathy for Grady's situation, Grady is most likely more thankful for the hand up instead of a hand out.

Can't wait for the next chapter :D !!!

Steve

From how the first chapter read, I'm sure this is going to be a another great story.

When I read your stories I get this feeling of fullness. Your writing, quite frankly, keeps me in there. And, with this subject, Little League baseball, which is way down on my personal likeability scale, I'm still going to follow this story to the end.

Thanks,

Carl :boy:

First Chapter and I'm so hooked. I want more.

I have read SOOTB and it was great. I'm sure this one will be great too. :) I know that the charcaters are really young, but probably you will be making us grow with them, watching them go through the ups and downs of puberty and teenage.

I feel like this is going to be a great story about friendship and relationship...

Take care,

Waiting for MORE,

Ieshwar

I'm a little surprised tho by how young you made your main caracter be.

As many others have stated, I too thought the characters too young. If they get a few years older before anything sexual starts to happen I suppose I'll be okay with it. Personally though, I think I would be too uncomfortable to continue reading if things turned heavy prior to that aging.

And, it was then that I found my calling ... to be a pitcher. What was even more perfect was that Brennan loved catching for me.

LOL, perhaps it was just me, but I found that remark a tad suggestive.

A couple of other observations and points to ponder:

-Is Grady really a good friend if, purposely or not, he's preventing Brennan from making other friends?

Since it's Brennan's decision and Grady doesn't seem to be pressuring him I would say that it's not Grady's fault. One could argue that Grady should perhaps tell Brennan that he doesn't want to interfere with his social life, but considering he's just a twelve year old that wouldn't be a very reasonable expectation.

I do think that it's a potentially unhealthy pattern that they're falling into, but I guess what it'll really come down to is how things proceed as they get older.

-Grady and Brennan's first time drinking

I was very surprised that Grady would be getting drunk at twelve years old. For one thing I think the percentage of twelve year olds sneaking around getting drunk is quite low. I had consumed alcohol by the time I was twelve but that was in moderation and with parental consent. The first time I ever drank without my mom explicitly knowing was in 8th grade, which would have made me about 14. Even then I didn't get drunk I just had a little beer with a few friends. Anyway, even in that I was in the minority and I was a more adventurous sort of kid. Grady doesn't seem especially adventurous or sneaky, and while one might say that Brennan (who is adventurous) urged him to, that doesn't really seem to fit either. Brennan doesn't seem like the peer pressuring type of kid, and he doesn't even seem like the type that would actively seek to break the rules himself unless he did have a willing partner in crime.

Add to that that Grady has alcoholic parents and it further surprises me. Sure a lot of people with alcoholic parents tend to drink themselves, but in my understanding that typically comes later in life. It was such that my own friends who had parents that drank fairly heavily completely eschewed alcohol until late high school/college (and I know a couple of people who still don't drink at all).

I was also surprised that if Grady was going to drink that he'd do it for the first time in the hotel room. It seems like if he'd been interested in trying it he could have easily gotten alcohol at home. Sure perhaps he wanted to experience it with Brennan, but in that case I should think that he'd have simply procured some liquor and then smuggled it into Brennan's house.

Still, I suppose it could have happened, and I'm probably viewing the events too heavily through the lenses of my own experiences and expectations.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what chapter two holds!

-Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace
If they get a few years older before anything sexual starts to happen I suppose I'll be okay with it. Personally though, I think I would be too uncomfortable to continue reading if things turned heavy prior to that aging.

I definitely second that notion.

LOL, perhaps it was just me, but I found that remark a tad suggestive.

:lol:

Edited by writeincode
  • Site Moderator
-Is Grady really a good friend if, purposely or not, he's preventing Brennan from making other friends?

Since it's Brennan's decision and Grady doesn't seem to be pressuring him I would say that it's not Grady's fault. One could argue that Grady should perhaps tell Brennan that he doesn't want to interfere with his social life, but considering he's just a twelve year old that wouldn't be a very reasonable expectation.

I do think that it's a potentially unhealthy pattern that they're falling into, but I guess what it'll really come down to is how things proceed as they get older.

I would have to say that it's Brennan's choice to stay with Grady. After all, on the very first day, he could have gone and played with the other kids but it seems that he stayed with him.

I also think at this time, the bond between Brennan and Grady is that of brothers. I think this also may have something to do with Brennan staying with Grady and not socializing so much with others. He knows how shy Grady is. And who knows, he may find a way to bring Grady out of that shell.

At some point, the two will be like just about every boy, they will start to explore/experiment together their sexuality. It's still too early to tell if one or both will be gay. Tho I'm guessing by saying I think Grady will find he's gay. Right now, the two boys are just checking out the others is normal.

If they get a few years older before anything sexual starts to happen I suppose I'll be okay with it. Personally though, I think I would be too uncomfortable to continue reading if things turned heavy prior to that aging.

I too can have a problem with this. I was hosting a story at The Talon House mainly because of the subject matter the author was writing about. When Book 1 ended and he began book 2, it took a different angle. The author started including sex between young boys, 10 and under having sex, and adults having sex with boys 10 and under. I stopped hosting that story and deleted any chapters of book 2 leading up to that point.

Jan

I'll address a couple of points now since I didn't think this would be an issue ...

1) If you're wondering if the whole story will focus on their lives at the age of 12, take a look at the title of the story and think about it for a couple minutes ...

2) Kids that age DO drink, and it's becoming a more and more serious issue/problem.

3) I wasn't planning on "sex" between anyone this early in the story, although it *may* happen later in the story (for the "age issue," refer to item #1 in this post).

Hope that clears a few things up, and I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the story. I may post Chapter 2 as early as this coming weekend, but please don't hold me to one per week after that! ;)

*Hugz*

Buddha

I'll address a couple of points now since I didn't think this would be an issue ...

1) If you're wondering if the whole story will focus on their lives at the age of 12, take a look at the title of the story and think about it for a couple minutes ...

2) Kids that age DO drink, and it's becoming a more and more serious issue/problem.

3) I wasn't planning on "sex" between anyone this early in the story, although it *may* happen later in the story (for the "age issue," refer to item #1 in this post).

Hope that clears a few things up, and I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the story. I may post Chapter 2 as early as this coming weekend, but please don't hold me to one per week after that! ;)

*Hugz*

Buddha

Great to see you writing again LB!!!

I too had some concerns about the age, but given the title, I assumed that it's what LB implies; they'll get older. :)

As for 12 year olds drinking, I found that totally believable. When I was nine, a friend and I raided his parents liquor cabinet, so for 12 y/o's to do it is no stretch at all IMHO.

Wow!! After all this time I was a feared that you might have gone into other interests(or worse given some of your transition stuff upon your return). It is great to see the new story out and it has hooked me already. With Vance and Dom on hiatus it is great to see you back in the saddle or keyboard. Looking forward to this story. A great start. Pax Steve