Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let The Music Play, Ch 9: Antici..... pation

I'm going to go for somewhere near Darwin(or round the top end generally, thinking maybe Kakadu), they seem to be going to all these iconic and characteristic places around the world and whats more famous and iconic about Australia then the Outback, Sydney could be it because of the opera house but i really doubt it

As smart and devious the Goat is, I doubt it'll be anywhere he hasn't been very recently... if you notice, his eeeevil guys always end up in Arizona... Since the boys have this overly emphasized concert in Phoenix, and we know they'll be lucky to survive it (male hormones to blame not nuclear weapons) my guess he'll pull a "Sum of All Fears" and there will be a Snickers Vending Machine rigged to blow up at the concert... the difference is that the boys and the Scar have no direct connection other than the choice of the concert being the center of the event... :angry:

But hey, my next story will be a bit Doglas Adams meets X-Files Conspiracy... :P

Bob D. :wub:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As smart and devious the Goat is, I doubt it'll be anywhere he hasn't been very recently... if you notice, his eeeevil guys always end up in Arizona...

A state famous for its numerous kangaroos in the wild... :lol:

What about Ayers Rock? There are quite a few helicopters flying around, bringing tourists in, so it wouldn't be too conspicuous. And Ayers Rock could conceal a James Bond-style villain base.

• Site Administrator
A state famous for its numerous kangaroos in the wild... :lol:

What about Ayers Rock? There are quite a few helicopters flying around, bringing tourists in, so it wouldn't be too conspicuous. And Ayers Rock could conceal a James Bond-style villain base.

Er... Ayers Rock is Uluru. Ayers Rock was the name given by the European settlers, and Uluru is the name given by the local aborigines. The official name is now Uluru, though may people still know it as Ayers Rock.

WOW! Has it just got really hot in here? *opens window and fans himself* That was ... a bleedin' wonderful chapter. Talk about cute! :2thumbs:

I have to admit being intrigued and rather perturbed by the other storyline. I have not the vaguest idea how you're going to pull the two together. Then I guess that's your job, and all I have top do is wait with antici ...

... pation! :P

CJ, you rock.

Camy

Er... Ayers Rock is Uluru. Ayers Rock was the name given by the European settlers, and Uluru is the name given by the local aborigines. The official name is now Uluru, though may people still know it as Ayers Rock.

Oops... I should have guessed. I'm a bit less ignorant now. Why do they use the aboriginal name once they've gotten rid of them all, though? ;)

Wow, everyone, thanks!

I'm sorry I haven't replied to your posts yet, but I will try soon. Here's what happened; I have been fighting with Chapter eleven for days, it was only partially done (and had several false starts). Today I had a lot of real-world work to do, and once done I was tired and despairing getting any writing done at all today, when suddenly the muse struck and I went on a writing jag. I've been writing for close to 12 hours straight (well, I took a few breaks) becuase everything suddenly clicked, not just for Ch 11 but Ch 12, plus something else (More on that later). I'm not a fast typist (understatement alert) and I usually only write a thousand or so words a day. Today, I wrote considerably more than I do in a normal week and I don't think I'm done yet even though it's after 2am.

So, my apologies for not replying yet, but when the Muse hits, I tend to put everything on the back burner. I've read every post (I always do) but I just haven't had chance to do my replies yet.

Thanks you all VERY much, and thanks for understanding.

CJ :) (who is off to write more before the Muse departs)

No one discussed the strange title yet. My dictionary only gives three words starting with antici: anticipate, anticipatory, and anticipation. So why the suspension marks? This is quite mysterious indeed, and if anyone could make it clearer for me what the trick is, I'd be grateful.

Wow, everyone, thanks!

I'm sorry I haven't replied to your posts yet, but I will try soon. Here's what happened; I have been fighting with Chapter eleven for days, it was only partially done (and had several false starts). Today I had a lot of real-world work to do, and once done I was tired and despairing getting any writing done at all today, when suddenly the muse struck and I went on a writing jag. I've been writing for close to 12 hours straight (well, I took a few breaks) becuase everything suddenly clicked, not just for Ch 11 but Ch 12, plus something else (More on that later). I'm not a fast typist (understatement alert) and I usually only write a thousand or so words a day. Today, I wrote considerably more than I do in a normal week and I don't think I'm done yet even though it's after 2am.

So, my apologies for not replying yet, but when the Muse hits, I tend to put everything on the back burner. I've read every post (I always do) but I just haven't had chance to do my replies yet.

Thanks you all VERY much, and thanks for understanding.

B) ....Well when you post, please clarify the KISS, there untrusting souls out there that think the goat has once again deceived them!!!

• Site Administrator

When duty calls, one must obey :) In a sign of my appreciation, I'll even stop campaigning against the malicious lies you've been spreading about Shadowgod for a few hours (it helps that I'm about to get on a plane and won't have much internet access for the day....)

No one discussed the strange title yet. My dictionary only gives three words starting with antici: anticipate, anticipatory, and anticipation. So why the suspension marks? This is quite mysterious indeed, and if anyone could make it clearer for me what the trick is, I'd be grateful.

It looks like a literary trick to me. Building up the anticipation by stretching out the word.

And how come gays are promiscuous? I’m waiting for some explanations here, goat!

I can understand why they said it. They are in a bubble and so their understanding is imperfect. Some gays are promiscuous, and the ones they are likely to spend much time with (ie. those who travel with them) are likely to be more promiscuous than most, because it's hard to have a steady relationship when you're in a different town every week or so.

What they have failed to appreciate is that they also show the same traits. Chase has mentioned one-night stands to them, apparently referring to his brothers' past sexual activities. From an outside eye, they would be considered to be promiscuous, even if not to the extent of having a revolving door on their bedroom....

I remember a conversation I had with a straight work colleague many years ago. He travelled a lot for work and he commented though he had never visited a prostitute, he could appreciate why some people did. When you don't have the stability to develop a relationship, casual sex starts to appeal.

And it seems that we’re going to visit Graeme! How many bet that we’re going to see an echidna in the future chapters?

What I'm afraid of is what he's going to do with those bombs when they're finished :P The Australian government is seriously considering a nuclear waste dump in the Northern Territory, and I can't think of much worse than exploding a nuclear device in a nuclear waste dump (remember the comment about 10 years -- what if that means ten years of nuclear waste).

As for the other possibility... I've only read one story where someone blew up Melbourne with a nuclear weapon. I really don't want to read another one :P

Graeme :D

Does this mean I might have something to work on soon? After all, I only have 5 chapters of Castaway book 5 from BW and 13 chapters of Rich Boy book 2 from DK to work on... :read:

QUOTE(Ieshwar @ September 21 2007, 04:03 AM) post_snapback.gifAnd it seems that we're going to visit Graeme! How many bet that we're going to see an echidna in the future chapters?

QUOTE (GRAEME) What I'm afraid of is what he's going to do with those bombs when they're finished :P The Australian government is seriously considering a nuclear waste dump in the Northern Territory, and I can't think of much worse than exploding a nuclear device in a nuclear waste dump (remember the comment about 10 years -- what if that means ten years of nuclear waste).

QUOTE GRAEME(it helps that I'm about to get on a plane and won't have much internet access for the day....)

As for the other possibility... I've only read one story where someone blew up Melbourne with a nuclear weapon. I really don't want to read another one :P

Graeme :D

B) .......Humm!! Dimitri is in Australia, Graeme is getting on a plane, negleting to fill us in on his real intentions (Insidious)!! CJ's anticipation!! :devil: the posts have more cliffhangers!!

Edited by Benji
  • Site Administrator
B) .......Humm!! Dimitri is in Australia, Graeme is getting on a plane, negleting to fill us in on his real intentions (Insidious)!! CJ's anticipation!! :devil: the posts have more cliffhangers!!

My mission... er... task... er... meeting has been concluded and I'm now flying home. Dimitri is a nice chap -- just misunderstood. He's making a living in a post-Glasnost world, which isn't easy for such a caring and principled person 0:)

Woody, welcome to the forum! :2thumbs:

I can't answer any of the question regarding what Brandon and Chase will or will not do; all I can say is, at the end of the chapter, the chapter ended. :boy:

I'll reply more in this thread tomorrow, I promise, but its 4am here and I'm dead on my feet. I've been working during daylight, and writing for most of the night for two days now; I'm still on my writing blitz.

I apologize for neglecting the forum for these past three days. I do read all the posts, but, I can't really explain it; Wednesday night I just got inspired on how to get write a section that had been giving me a lot of trouble, and as i wrote more inspiration hit. I wanted to spend as much time as I possibly could writing it all down before I forgot it.

Since this writing started, I wrote most of chapter 11 (completing it), all of chapter 12, and I'm 2/3 of the way through 13. I also was suddenly hit by an idea for the fall anthology, which I wasn't planning on having anything ready for, but I wrote that, too. YEah, it's been one hell of a ride; I've never had a writing binge like this before.

Anyway, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for neglecting the forum and this thread. I'll be back tomorrow with replies, I promise (This applies to several PM's I'm overdue to reply too, as well).

I want to thank you all for the comments you've posted; I appreciate them more than I can possibly say. They are what keeps me motivated to write, and I enjoy them all, each and every one. Thank you all so much; You're the best.

Your adoring fan,

CJ :wub:

CJ, you're supposed to be a lurker and not post! :P At last, your wish comes true!

You're sorry?? Get your hooves back and start writing! :D I'm looking forward to all those stories and chapters.

Seriously, it's okay! Now, go and have some rest! :)

Your adoring fan,

I got a fan? :wacko:

Ieshwar

CJ, you're supposed to be a lurker and not post! :P At last, your wish comes true!

You're sorry?? Get your hooves back and start writing! :D I'm looking forward to all those stories and chapters.

Seriously, it's okay! Now, go and have some rest! :)

I got a fan? :wacko:

Ieshwar

B) ..........yep, a whole herd of them!!

In my best Herd-ian: BAAAAAaaaaaaa :sheep: (roughly translates to: GO CJ, I mean I'm struggling with my muse due to personal issues, it's great to see you hoofing it to the end towards the end of the story. Keep it up no matter how hot the tar gets! :wub: )

Bob D. :wub:

• Site Moderator

CJ, I think the Herd, and those Caprican's, too, would rather have you writing and getting something done, than to have you just sitting there looking at a blank computer screen and getting nothing done at all.

So quit apologizing and get some rest too.

Or am I going to have to fly out there and put the Grip of Fear on you?

Jan

• Site Administrator

:sheep:

======================

The preceding post has been kept short in order to not distract CJ from his writing or rest

Ah, but then we would think it wasn't CJ and perhaps some imposter that was posting under his name, trying to drive up the post count so that we would all tease CJ more about his insistance that he is a lurker! While Dimitri met with Graeme, where was The Scar? :blink:

Ah, but then we would think it wasn't CJ and perhaps some imposter that was posting under his name, trying to drive up the post count so that we would all tease CJ more about his insistance that he is a lurker! While Dimitri met with Graeme, where was The Scar? :blink:

B) ..........Probably here in Vegas, interviewing OJ

• Site Administrator
While Dimitri met with Graeme, where was The Scar? :blink:

Based on the web cam we were watching, he was ... er... maybe I shouldn't say. I think that sort of detail may be against GA policy... :devil:

I think it's definitely silly season, so I'm about to start a new poll in Shadowgod's forum.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..