[DomLuka] Favourite Serial

Favourite Serial  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite chapter story?

• The Lo(n)g Way
    • The Ordinary Us
    • Desert Dropping
    • With Trust
    • The Other Side of Me
    • In the Fish Bowl
    • Out with Harrison Polk

Hi everyone!

About a year or so ago we had a poll going to see which of Dom's stories was the most popular - and The Ordinary Us ended up with the most votes - but I thought it would be fun to do an updated version, this time with just the chapter stories, since we now have a couple of new stories (TOSOM and ITFB) from which to choose (not to mention a bunch of new members to do the choosing). I also went ahead and included Out With Harrison Polk lest the LGAITEs (or a certain prominent one :P:boy: ) complain. Besides, technically it was a chapter story too.

Anyway, my favourite is of course The Lo(n)g Way! My next favourite would be Desert Dropping followed closely by The Ordinary Us, then In The Fish Bowl, next The Other Side of Me, and finally With Trust then Out With Harrison Polk.

So which is your favourite?

Take care all and have an awesome day!

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace

TLW, without a doubt. DD is absolutely fantastic, and I really love the premise, but TLW is my favorite e-fiction story (not just of Dom's, but in all) because of the sheer emotional depth and resonance and the mastery with which Dom gives it a larger-than-life feel without ever straying into the realm of the melodramatic. DD comes in a not-too-distant second and, despite my many gripes about Quinn, TOU comes in third.

I've read TLW at least a half-dozen times and it never fails to captivate me; it gave the happy ending I wanted it to have without it being as simple as "...and they lived happily ever after." It was just...amazing - one of the few stories which I've never had the desire to alter after reading it.

Menzo

On first place, The Log Way (no competition, my all-time-fav) It was too good- the plot, the characters, everything...

Second- Desert Dropping. This one was cool too.

Third- Without Trust. A handsome brooding well-off painter does lots of things to me. :D Yeah, I hpe that Dom updates this one soon!!!

Fourth- The Ordinary Us. Everything was good in this story- from Jude to Trina, even Marissa, except Quinn!

Fifth- In the Fish Bowl.

I haven't read the rest. Btw, Kevin, you're areal Domaholic, posting greats polls everywhere so that we keep in touch with Dom. :P

Take care,

Ieshwar

Ohhhh. I had a Dom-fix. :wub: I didn't know Out With Harrison Polk existed and I just read it. I feel warm all over and my right toe is tingling. (That's a good sign btw).

My favorite story is DD. My close second is TOU (Why don't people like Quinn? ) I also like TLW, but for some reason, I don't like Aiden (and I know the majority of you won't agree with me, but I don't).

Ohhhh. I had a Dom-fix. :wub: I didn't know Out With Harrison Polk existed and I just read it. I feel warm all over and my right toe is tingling. (That's a good sign btw).

My favorite story is DD. My close second is TOU (Why don't people like Quinn? ) I also like TLW, but for some reason, I don't like Aiden (and I know the majority of you won't agree with me, but I don't).

B) ........I really hate to have to choose, their all good, but I would put TLW on top

People don't like Quinn, because (and I'm quoting Dom here, for the record) he is 'a whiny little man.'

Menzo

I have to vote for Desert Dropping here. It's well done, original , captivating without being over dramatic, and I find it touching in many places(I'm actually re reading it right now, chapter 8, and the letter from Rory's mum literally brings tears to my eyes) can't give it much better praise then that since the only thing I've ever read that's made me cry is harry potter when Dobby the house elf died :( (yes, I'm serious) damn I have issues... :blink:

Edited by Leo

Hey Liddy :) , LOL, personally I'm not so wild about Quinn. I mean he seemed like an okay person, but he's got a lot of issues and really was whinny. I've always liked to compare him to Rory. Rory was kinda whiny and self-centered too. The difference is that Rory has much more of a reason to be. His mom's just died, he's just moved away from everyone he knows and cares about, and he's stuck trying to make a new life with complete strangers in a new state. ..and he's still not quite as whiny as Quinn (who is surrounded by people who care about him, and has a hot guy falling all over himself to date him)! LOL, just my thoughts though, and don't get me wrong, I don't hate Quinn or anything, and I can kinda sympathize with him; he's just a more irritating character.

As for Aiden, I agree. I've never been that crazy about himself myself. He was good, but he was no Jude or Luke.

I have to vote for Desert Dropping here. It's well done, original , captivating without being over dramatic, and I find it touching in many places(I'm actually re reading it right now, chapter 8, and the letter from Rory's mum literally brings tears to my eyes) can't give it much better praise then that since the only thing I've ever read that's made me cry is harry potter when Dobby the house elf died :( (yes, I'm serious) damn I have issues... :blink:

Dude! I can't believe you just spoiled that :( LOL, I'm firmly resisting reading any of the books until after all the movies are out! LOL, it's one thing to avoid the usual threads and blog entries with "Harry Potter" whatever, in the title/subject, but I thought I was safe in a Dom thread!

j/k, I forgive you, but GRRRRR :angry:

Have an awesome day and take care all,

Kevin

As for Aiden, I agree. I've never been that crazy about himself myself. He was good, but he was no Jude or Luke.

You're right. Unlike Luke did with Rory, he didn't leave Owen to some boring guy so he could go sleep with Owen's grandmother, and unlike Jude he wasn't a highschool dropout who spent other people's money on cigarettes. :lol:

Menzo

"Dude! I can't believe you just spoiled that :( LOL, I'm firmly resisting reading any of the books until after all the movies are out! LOL, it's one thing to avoid the usual threads and blog entries with "Harry Potter" whatever, in the title/subject, but I thought I was safe in a Dom thread!"

SOOOO sorry :( I'm the last person in the world to be a spoiler, but honestly who reads the books AFTER the movies? That's SO backwards :D Well at least I didn't give away anything too big, I had already assumed Dobby would die ever since he was used by a Death Eater in book 4... seemed like they were setting him up :( . Oops off topic, I'll shut up now :D

P.S Quinn is a whinny bitch :blink:

Edited by Leo

ugh, tough choice between DD and TLW...

*ponders*

i guess TLW wins in the end. i love those guys and the drama bit hits a protective string in me, makes me cheer even more for them :P

though i have to admit, when i tell my friends what great stories dom writes and coerce them to read them i usually tell them to start with DD or TOU - just because i'm afraid so much lovemaking between owen and aiden will scare those who had never read any gay stories or even a BL manga xD gotta ease them into that :>

and hey, no unannounced HP spoilers flying here! i still haven't read the last book and would hate to learn sth vital accidentally :P

I shall zip my lips on the Harry Potter Front, :blink: . By the way I can agree with what you were saying about starting a straight friend on DD or TOU :P my very straight best girl friend asked my advice on a story to read, after going through my computer one day and seeing all my bookmarked stories, had to suggest DD so as not to freak her out too much :funny: I would imagine she would have been blushing like a turnip through much of TLW . She really enjoyed it too! Though she was a bit disappointed that "even all the cute blond guys in stories seem gay" :blink:

Edited by Leo

TLW all the way baby!!!!!

I'm not sure why, but it's still my all time favourite (either Domluka or ANY other author). I can re-read chapter one hundreds of times and I still tear up a little ( :*) ) at the hospital scene where Owen breaks down and admits that he's gay to his brothers...And then there's the scene where he opens up a can of whoop ass on that bastard Dennis Gordon :axeman: . Isn't it every H/S gay guys dream to kick some homophobic bullies ass?

Thank goodness for the typo in the title because I didn't usually read stories in the H/S section of Nifty. :worship:

Take Care®,

Vic

SOOOO sorry :( I'm the last person in the world to be a spoiler, but honestly who reads the books AFTER the movies? That's SO backwards :DWell at least I didn't give away anything too big, I had already assumed Dobby would die ever since he was used by a Death Eater in book 4... seemed like they were setting him up :( . Oops off topic, I'll shut up now :D

:blink: was that in the movie? LOL, totally don't remember it!

though i have to admit, when i tell my friends what great stories dom writes and coerce them to read them i usually tell them to start with DD or TOU - just because i'm afraid so much lovemaking between owen and aiden will scare those who had never read any gay stories or even a BL manga xD gotta ease them into that :>

LOL, sorta like training wheels :P

I'm not sure why, but it's still my all time favourite (either Domluka or ANY other author). I can re-read chapter one hundreds of times and I still tear up a little ( :*) ) at the hospital scene where Owen breaks down and admits that he's gay to his brothers...And then there's the scene where he opens up a can of whoop ass on that bastard Dennis Gordon :axeman: . Isn't it every H/S gay guys dream to kick some homophobic bullies ass?

Agreed!

Thank goodness for the typo in the title because I didn't usually read stories in the H/S section of Nifty. :worship:

LOL, I almost didn't read it at all for that reason! I found TOU at Nifty and thought "Ohh, 'The Ordinary Us', I love that title! I bet it'll be great." And it was, then when I ran out of chapters on Nifty I followed the link here. THEN when I ran out of chapters here, I finally forced myself to read TLW. I was thinking it was going to be about lumberjacks! :lol:

Have a fun day everyone and take care!

Kevin

You're right. Unlike Luke did with Rory, he didn't leave Owen to some boring guy so he could go sleep with Owen's grandmother, and unlike Jude he wasn't a highschool dropout who spent other people's money on cigarettes. laugh.gif

Menzo

:o Seth is a perfectly sweet, nice, gentle, second sight type of guy! And Grandma Alice and Luke are perfect for each other! Jude went back to high-school (thanks to o-so selfcentred Quinn, btw)!

:o Seth is a perfectly sweet, nice, gentle, second sight type of guy! And Grandma Alice and Luke are perfect for each other! Jude went back to high-school (thanks to o-so selfcentred Quinn, btw)!

I actually do like Seth, as of my latest re-read of DD, but I will die an LRITEr (Luke and Rory in the end, if you haven't dug that deep into the forum) and therefore have a slight bias against him. And yeah, thinking of a bad thing to say about Jude was kinda hard, but I had to defend Aiden against Kevin's cruel accusations :lol:

Menzo

I'm not sure why, but it's still my all time favourite (either Domluka or ANY other author). [...]

totally agree with you :] actually i think that TLW, DD and TOR are my top three fav among all the stories i've read :wub:

and as to "why?" - i guess one could write a thesis answering the question :>

silly question from me: what does "H/S" stand for?

By the way I can agree with what you were saying about starting a straight friend on DD or TOU tongue.gif my very straight best girl friend asked my advice on a story to read, after going through my computer one day and seeing all my bookmarked stories, had to suggest DD so as not to freak her out too much cwm27.gif I would imagine she would have been blushing like a turnip through much of TLW . She really enjoyed it too! Though she was a bit disappointed that "even all the cute blond guys in stories seem gay" blink.gif

lol, i still neet to get my best friend to read them, but since i managed to get her hooked on queer as folk and she didn't freak out at the sex scenes she'll have no problem with the ones in dom's stories :P

hell, i can't think of a reason for which any girl should freak out. it's the "what's better than a peanut butter sandwich? two peanut butter sandwiches!" rule, only with pretty boys instead of a snack B)

Edited by kashka
And yeah, thinking of a bad thing to say about Jude was kinda hard, but I had to defend Aiden against Kevin's cruel accusations :lol:

LOL, I think all I accused him of was being not quite as wonderful as Jude and Luke :P:lol:

silly question from me: what does "H/S" stand for?

High School

lol, i still neet to get my best friend to read them, but since i managed to get her hooked on queer as folk and she didn't freak out at the sex scenes she'll have no problem with the ones in dom's stories :P

Oh my gosh! I LOVE QAF!!

hell, i can't think of a reason for which any girl should freak out. it's the "what's better than a peanut butter sandwich? two peanut sandwiches!" rule, only with pretty boys instead ot a snack B)

:lmao: Awesome!!

-Kevin

(No the part about Dobby being used wasn't in the movie. Read the books you lazy hoe :read: ^_- ) I have to add that another reason DD is my fave is that it's pretty good for a giggle in lots of places. e.g : "But you were still with my mom, and obviously you got her pregnant, so..." "Um..." "Oh, that

1. With Trust (even unfinished)

2. TOU (just reread it and loved it even more)

3. DD (will most probably move up #2 after i read that again sometime)

4. TLW (great story, only #4 because the first three are in a somewhat happier mood)

5. TOSOM (outstanding story, but i was missing some more relationship-stuff)

i'm not starting ITFB 'till it's completed B)

and the short stories... really good but, come on, you can't really compare...

Favorite Story has to be ITFB. It was the first one I read and I happen to like and have a few things in common with Travis, other than the name. TLW's a good sotry, a bit heavy on the sex scenes in some places, but good anyway. As far as Aiden goes, I never really liked him that much, but thats cause I saw what he became before seeing him in TLW.

I was wondering what to read next (just finished TOSOM), but this poll just answered for me (DD).

-Adam

PS: Leo, dont feel bad about crying of that HP char...when I told my friend (a 38 year old straight man) about what happened (he never read it) he actually shed some tears over him.

TLW's a good story, a bit heavy on the sex scenes in some places, but good anyway.

:blink: Ughhh, another SOSSer.

It seems that only Kevin, myself, and all the 17-24yo girls read the sex scenes.

And what does that say about Kevin & I? :lol: