CJ a lurker?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Is CJ a lurker as he claims?

• Yes. I'm a member of The Herd! CJ is always right
    • No
    • Huh? What's a lurker?
    • I'm too tired to think. Don't know.

Silence = Acceptance

Oh CJ... where you are born and what you claim to be - comparing apples and oranges again?

Also, if we went through the forum topics and merged all your back-to-back posts, your counter would drop by a third 0:)

That would not deny the fact that he is still the most frequent poster at GA with one of the highest day-posting average I have ever seen---> 8 posts per day.

CJ, not all stats could be wrong! And btw, if your post counter is broken, it would under-report your posts and not the other way round. That means if your claims are to be believed, you should be having more posts than the counter shows, thereby confirming MY claims!! :P And it would also confirm that you are manupilating the counter as you being an Admin could surely fix that teeny weeny a problem!! :P :P :P

The BeaStKid

who is still not convinced!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would not deny the fact that he is still the most frequent poster at GA with one of the highest day-posting average I have ever seen---> 8 posts per day.

CJ, not all stats could be wrong! And btw, if your post counter is broken, it would under-report your posts and not the other way round. That means if your claims are to be believed, you should be having more posts than the counter shows, thereby confirming MY claims!! :P And it would also confirm that you are manupilating the counter as you being an Admin could surely fix that teeny weeny a problem!! :P:P:P

The BeaStKid

B) ........Hey, I thought you were a Casprican?? Why does you poll say ....as a member of the herd?

CJ's post counter is not broken, its just on overdrive!

CJ, not all stats could be wrong! And btw, if your post counter is broken, it would under-report your posts and not the other way round. That means if your claims are to be believed, you should be having more posts than the counter shows, thereby confirming MY claims!! :P And it would also confirm that you are manupilating the counter as you being an Admin could surely fix that teeny weeny a problem!! :P :P :P

The BeaStKid

Now, now, BK, that 8 posts per day is merely a very inaccurate average... and this one I can prove!

OK, you post per day average in your profile lists as 3 per day.

Still don't believe me that the profile data is inaccurate? Here's your proof (and anyone can try this on their own accounts)

Click on "my controls" and have a loof under account summary, on the upper right part of the screen. There you will see a DIFFERENT number of posts per day. Mine, for example, isn't 8, and yours, for example, isn't 3.

See? This is proof of my "statistical glitch" theory!

B) ........Hey, I thought you were a Casprican?? Why does you poll say ....as a member of the herd?

It's not in overdrive, it's just... Misunderstood. :)

Now, now, BK, that 8 posts per day is merely a very inaccurate average... and this one I can prove!

Still don't believe me that the profile data is inaccurate? Here's your proof (and anyone can try this on their own accounts)

Click on "my controls" and have a loof under account summary, on the upper right part of the screen. There you will see a DIFFERENT number of posts per day. Mine, for example, isn't 8, and yours, for example, isn't 3.

See? This is proof of my "statistical glitch" theory!

It's not in overdrive, it's just... Misunderstood. :)

B) .........We should all feel sorry for CJ, do you realize the withdrawls he will be going thru? The self-denying postaholic may not have access to the GA forum for at least a day...maybe a week.......maybe longer?? His withdrawls could effect the story.....ackk!

He could bring about Brandon & Charity falling for each other...or worse Lump falling for Chase..........someone send him a new laptop quick!!

Edited by Benji
  • Site Administrator
B) .........We should all feel sorry for CJ, do you realize the withdrawls he will be going thru? The self-denying postaholic may not have access to the GA forum for at least a day...maybe a week.......maybe longer?? His withdrawls could effect the story.....ackk!

He could bring about Brandon & Charity falling for each other...or worse Lump falling for Chase..........someone send him a new laptop quick!!

Thanks Jan!!!

The main problem is I'll be in areas with few chances to connect to the 'net, so even with a good laptop I'd have trouble. I'm guessing I won't have much time to write anyway, and I'm going to have withdrawals from that!

Benji, I too was wondering what the affect of CJ not having anywhere to lurk and post, and what that could do to him. I think he said it in the "leaving on a jet plane" forum, that he is going to have withdrawls.

So, we are posed with getting him a new laptop PDQ, or come up with another solution.

I purpose that CJ pick up a package of 100 3M Post it Notes (maybe 100 won't be enough to cover what he would normally post at GA in a week or two :P ), and write posts on them and place them in various different places in Europe. Sure, nobody here would see his posts, but at least he would have the feeling that he is contributing, and won't suffer from withdrawl :D

Who knows, if he leaves a link on the bottom of each sticky note, he may increase membership in GA around Europe B)

Steve

Edited by wildone
Benji, I too was wondering what the affect of CJ not having anywhere to lurk and post, and what that could do to him. I think he said it in the "leaving on a jet plane" forum, that he is going to have withdrawls.

So, we are posed with getting him a new laptop PDQ, or come up with another solution.

I purpose that CJ pick up a package of 100 3M Post it Notes (maybe 100 won't be enough to cover what he would normally post at GA in a week or two :P ), and write posts on them and place them in various different places in Europe. Sure, nobody here would see his posts, but at least he would have the feeling that he is contributing, and won't suffer from withdrawl :D

Who knows, if he leaves a link on the bottom of each sticky note, he may increase membership in GA around Europe B)

Steve

B) ........I LIKE it!! Besides I'm frugal (not cheap mind you) let's see here's a pack of 3" x 3" yellow 3-M post-it, Oh, CJ can you just pick them up from here on your way? Save on postage :devil:

Well, Capricans normally apply their mind to whatever CJ says and then give their opinion. For instance, the case about Shadowgod being the king of eeevil cliffies....

CJ!!!

That counter shows the exact average posts per day! While the one others can see on your profile is the rounded off figure. So if in your control panel, the avg post per day is anywhere near 8 ( 7.5<x<8.5 ....where x is the avg posts per day) it will show as 8.

Mine, for instance is actually 3.31 and hence it shows 3.

The BeaStKid

Well, Capricans normally apply their mind to whatever CJ says and then give their opinion. For instance, the case about Shadowgod being the king of eeevil cliffies....

CJ!!!

That counter shows the exact average posts per day! While the one others can see on your profile is the rounded off figure. So if in your control panel, the avg post per day is anywhere near 8 ( 7.5<x<8.5 ....where x is the avg posts per day) it will show as 8.

The BeaStKid

But Shadowgod is the :king: King of Eeevil Cliffhangers! :king:

And you are right about the rounding, but my point was that it's all just a statistical glitch. For example, if posts per day were rounded to the nearest hundred, everyone but Graeme would read zero. 0:)

• Site Administrator
For example, if posts per day were rounded to the nearest hundred, everyone but Graeme would read zero. 0:)

May I point out that, according to you, the record number of posts per day is only in the 40s (43, from memory) and that record is held by Kevin (AFriendlyFace). Even that figure would round to zero if you rounded to the nearest hundred.

I would suggest that rounding to the nearest ten would be a more useful figure. I would be non-zero in that list, though I wouldn't be the only one. I believe CJ would also be non-zero....

May I point out that, according to you, the record number of posts per day is only in the 40s (43, from memory) and that record is held by Kevin (AFriendlyFace). Even that figure would round to zero if you rounded to the nearest hundred.

I would suggest that rounding to the nearest ten would be a more useful figure. I would be non-zero in that list, though I wouldn't be the only one. I believe CJ would also be non-zero....

ACK!

But Graeme, how can you say "according to me" when you never listen to me? :P:P

Now, ummm, as for posts-per-day, you will soon be in the undisputed lead... Remember, I'm going away for a month. :P

BTW, Graeme, this means I will likely miss your 5000th post, which looks like to will be coming up in about three weeks... So, an early congratulations from me! :2thumbs:

• Site Administrator
But Graeme, how can you say "according to me" when you never listen to me? :P:P

Who said I never listen to you? I may rarely agree with your opinions :P but I do listen...

BTW, Graeme, this means I will likely miss your 5000th post, which looks like to will be coming up in about three weeks... So, an early congratulations from me!

Three weeks? I'll see what I can do, but I also need to sleep sometimes -- unlike a certain goat I know who never seems to sleep....

Mine is 4 post per day, or actually 3.57. This actually quite surprises me since I would have wagered on you, Beasty, having a higher per day average.

One thing this definitely doesn't take into consideration is consistency or even single day occurrences. I've been quite active for the past couple of weeks and on most days recently my daily number has been between 10 and 20. However, if you look at a few months back, I posted maybe 10 times a month, and I've had periods where that number was more like one or two times a month (or longer). Anyway, the point is an average of "4 posts per day" really does say very little about my posting history.

CJ, on the other hand does seem to consistently post around his daily average.

-Kevin

• Site Administrator
Mine is 4 post per day, or actually 3.57. This actually quite surprises me since I would have wagered on you, Beasty, having a higher per day average.

One thing this definitely doesn't take into consideration is consistency or even single day occurrences. I've been quite active for the past couple of weeks and on most days recently my daily number has been between 10 and 20. However, if you look at a few months back, I posted maybe 10 times a month, and I've had periods where that number was more like one or two times a month (or longer). Anyway, the point is an average of "4 posts per day" really does say very little about my posting history.

The BeaStKid has a similar reason for his low post count. He joined a long time before he started posting regularly. This has dropped his daily posting rate because of the long time without posts at the start. I didn't join until I was ready to start posting, so I don't have that issue. My view was that if I became a member, then I should participate.

Okay, I think we can make it official. Despite what CJ may think, the vast majority of people who voted do not consider him to be a lurker. :P

Who said I never listen to you? I may rarely agree with your opinions :P but I do listen...

Three weeks? I'll see what I can do, but I also need to sleep sometimes -- unlike a certain goat I know who never seems to sleep....

LoL!

But Graeme! I've been counting on you to be the first GA member to reach 5k!

If not you, then Kevin?? I'm sure one (or both) of you will make 5k before this Christmas.

CJ, on the other hand does seem to consistently post around his daily average.

-Kevin

But Kevin, I'm a lurker, I hardly ever post! :ph34r:

You've been here a lot longer than me, so that's almost certainly why your post count and daily average is lower than mine. :)

The BeaStKid has a similar reason for his low post count. He joined a long time before he started posting regularly. This has dropped his daily posting rate because of the long time without posts at the start. I didn't join until I was ready to start posting, so I don't have that issue. My view was that if I became a member, then I should participate.

Okay, I think we can make it official. Despite what CJ may think, the vast majority of people who voted do not consider him to be a lurker. :P

I think we have polling bias!!! That first question says I'm always right, which i certainly am not.

So :P

Yeah...my per day avg posting is around 9... But as I joined in Dec last year and started posting only in Feb this year...The post counter went for a six!! :P

I'm working on the avg for now... :P

The Beastkid

Around 9? Ahha! A POSTAHOLIC! :P:P:P

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..