Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Room for one more?

Hi all!

I just started reading "Let the Music Play", and I was wondering if there was room for a reformed pirate in The Herd (not that I'm trying to suggest a bias toward one name or the other or anything 0:) ).

LOL, if you guys have me I promise to lurk around and go unnoticed...just like I do in the other forums :boy:

Take care all :)

-Kevin :boy:

Kevin, I'm... shocked! We are friends! You should have been a Caprican. And your avatar is a hottie human. You shouldn't be amongst the animals.

You have an open invitation to join the Capricans! :)

Take care,

Ieshwar

• Site Moderator
I don't know how warmly the Herd would welcome you, but the Herd of Capricans open their arms wide to any new fan, so welcome to the club.

The Herd welcomes anyone, with open arms. They only have to be willing to put up with the imaginary Caprican's.

At least herd has a definition.

• Site Administrator

Caprican has a definition, too -- a fan of C James. This is a lot more accurate a definition for the members than "herd" which is a generic term that has to be shared with lots of other things....

Welcome, Kevin! Lurk away, though you'll need to practise more. You're lurking too slowly, based on the example of CJ :P

• Site Administrator
Right, you herd groupies are just looking forward to CJ's petting zoo

I'm not even going to try to touch that one :o .

But like Bondwriter said, one more in the Herd of Capricans Kevin.

But like any group, there will always be a bit of infighting. So if the worse is some claiming they are only part of a Herd, and some claiming to be only a Caprican, I'd say we're doing good :D .

Looking forward to many posts from a fellow lurker :ph34r: .

Steve

Right, you herd groupies are just looking forward to CJ's petting zoo

Steve, that was Baaaad. :sheep::P

Thanks everyone! :D

Welcome Kevin!!!

And BTW, remember the rules of the forum: All bad things are Shadowgod's fault. 0:)

Steve, that was Baaaad. :sheep::P

Welcome Kevin!!!

And BTW, remember the rules of the forum: All bad things are Shadowgod's fault. 0:)

B) .............Welcome to the herd Kevin!! Don't pay any attention to those Capricans, they are still smarting from losing the poll :D

• Site Administrator
B) .............Welcome to the herd Kevin!! Don't pay any attention to those Capricans, they are still smarting from losing the poll :D

We haven't lost the poll yet -- it's still open for voting.... 0:)

*lurk lurk lurk*

hi fellow lurker

lol, i just looked at my control panel section, im averaging 0.03 posts a day :P

btw, how do i change the line of text below the avatar?

it seems CJ's forums brings me out of lurkerdom too often, maybe i should petition to ban it for all lurkers :P should we get a vote going? hehe.

"remember the rules of the forum: All bad things are Shadowgod's fault" i thought there was more to that, like "but all tar and feathering and echidna spining shall be directed at C James regardless" :D

time to go back to lurking and eagerly waiting for another fix of LTMP

*lurk lurk lurk*

B) .............Welcome to the herd Kevin!!

Welcome Kevin!!!

Thanks guys :D

Ohh, so it's his fault I've had a headache all day! :angry::boy:

*lurk lurk lurk*

:lol:

LOL, you have to have 500 posts to do it! No worries though at 0.03 posts per day you only have about 16,100 days (or about 44 years) left to go!

it seems CJ's forums brings me out of lurkerdom too often

Ah, well then in that case you may be able to cut that number down to just over three decades!

Take care all and have an awesome day! :D

-Kevin

*lurk lurk lurk*

hi fellow lurker

lol, i just looked at my control panel section, im averaging 0.03 posts a day :P

it seems CJ's forums brings me out of lurkerdom too often, maybe i should petition to ban it for all lurkers :P should we get a vote going? hehe.

"remember the rules of the forum: All bad things are Shadowgod's fault" i thought there was more to that, like "but all tar and feathering and echidna spining shall be directed at C James regardless" :D

time to go back to lurking and eagerly waiting for another fix of LTMP

*lurk lurk lurk*

Sorry, but as Kevin said, the member title becomes editable (in your control panel) when you make your 500th post.

All you have to do is pretend you are Kevin or Graeme for a weekend, posting as much as they do for two days, and you'll be there.

Don't feel bad, I'm even further from 500 posts then you are... :ph34r:

But Lashrac, if we ban lurkers from this forum, I'd end up banned from my own forum! :,(

Thanks guys :D

Ohh, so it's his fault I've had a headache all day! :angry::boy:

:lol:

LOL, you have to have 500 posts to do it! No worries though at 0.03 posts per day you only have about 16,100 days (or about 44 years) left to go!

Ah, well then in that case you may be able to cut that number down to just over three decades!

Take care all and have an awesome day! :D

-Kevin

Hi Kevin!!

BTW, in case anyone is wondering, there are lots of perks that happen automatically as your post total increases. Once it reaches 5, you gain access to the sneak-peeks forum, and as your total rises you get a larger PM box, and several other upgrades. At 500, you get the customizable user title.

At 1000, you are inducted into the Millennium club with a celebratory thread in the lounge, and then at 2000, the Bi-milleneum club, etc, and there are celebratory threads for reaching 1000, 2000, 3000, and 4000 posts.

I'm wondering who will get to the 3000's first, Kevin or Graeme? Currently, only Myr resides in the lofty regions of the 3000's, and Myr has been here (quite literally) since before day 1!

:)

At 1000, you are inducted into the Millennium club with a celebratory thread in the lounge, and then at 2000, the Bi-milleneum club, etc, and there are celebratory threads for reaching 1000, 2000, 3000, and 4000 posts.

These are newly created "traditions", pushed by a handful of ruthless round number figure fetishists; the fact that you're reminded by CJ himself should be quite informative. What matters most, Lashrac, is that you keep on lurking in a free world, and keep on enjoying LTMP. Do not fall prey to the Sirens of high-volume posting. :wacko:

These are newly created "traditions", pushed by a handful of ruthless round number figure fetishists; the fact that you're reminded by CJ himself should be quite informative. What matters most, Lashrac, is that you keep on lurking in a free world, and keep on enjoying LTMP. Do not fall prey to the Sirens of high-volume posting. :wacko:

<looks at Bondwriter's four-digit post count> <looks at Bondwriter's post> <walks away muttering "Earthware... Tin (or plastic) Boiling Container... Dark Colour......">

:P:P :P :P :P :P:P

I'm wondering who will get to the 3000's first, Kevin or Graeme? Currently, only Myr resides in the lofty regions of the 3000's, and Myr has been here (quite literally) since before day 1!

:)

LOL, and of course what CJ strategically forgot to mention is that he's only member in the 4,000 and rapidly closing in on 5,000!

As for whether Graeme or I will be the first to reach 3,000...well Graeme's certainly approaching with a higher velocity than I am, but I do have a bit of a headstart, so it ought to be pretty close :boy:

While we're on the subject of board stats, it might be worth noting that if/when Graeme and I do move out of the 3,000s it would leave the bi-mi club empty. Only our very own Joe looks like he'll be having a seat before we step out ;)

-Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace
LOL, and of course what CJ strategically forgot to mention is that he's only member in the 4,000 and rapidly closing in on 5,000!

Shhh, it's a secret... :ph34r:

And I'm a long way from 5k! :P

As for whether Graeme or I will be the first to reach 3,000...well Graeme's certainly approaching with a higher velocity than I am, but I do have a bit of a headstart, so it ought to be pretty close :boy:

While we're on the subject of board stats, it might be worth noting that if/when Graeme and I do move out of the 3,000s it would leave the bi-mi club empty. Only our very own Joe looks like he'll be having a seat before we step out ;)

-Kevin

Yes, Joe is very close, about 78 posts shy of 2k... :great:

Kevin, I do note that you're less than a thousand behind Myr, which means you are likely to catch him before the end of the month. :P

• Site Administrator
ERk, yes, in a few days in fact... But that shouldn't add more than 30 posts to my total. :P

That is, unless there are a sudden influx of stories at the last minute. Emoe -- surely you can whip something up quickly? If you submit in HTML format, you've still got a couple of days ;)

That is, unless there are a sudden influx of stories at the last minute. Emoe -- surely you can whip something up quickly? If you submit in HTML format, you've still got a couple of days ;)

DUDE! You've never seen my writing! And there's no way I'll go up against what :ph34r: is posting!

DUDE! You've never seen my writing! And there's no way I'll go up against what :ph34r: is posting!

Ahhem!

First off, THANK YOU for calling me a lurker! :hug:

Secondly, I've read some of your writing, and I like it.

Thirdly (didn't think i could count this high, now did ya?) the anthology isn't about "going up against". I remember my first attempt

at putting a story online; the 2006 summer anthology, with my story "No Shirt? No Problem!" I was VERY nervous, and had I thought it was some kind of competition, I'd have never entered. Come to think of it, that's true of the other anthologies since, including this one!

Come on and join in, it's fun!!!

CJ :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..