Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the music play: Ch11- Wild Wild Night

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing is...there's no link to it from Cj's Story Page... good thing I know where to find it... :D

Cj... bud... I sooo needed that after last night. Without telling any spoilers just yet... Chase is a great drummer, and I'll always respect him and Brandon!!!

Bob D. :wub:

wow amazing chapter,,, I simply love all that happen between chase and brandon in this chapter. and how about how chase got back at jon and eric!!! I know he did it mostly to get back at them from medling into their relationship,, but hey, everything that chase said was so dam to the point.... it's one thing that str8 people always assume about gays,, they almost all think that gays are promiscuous... but as chase pointed out,, they weren't exactly better for themselves.

Any thought of what's in the paper that made Helen a red face and ready to burst at Jon and Eric? my guess is that 2 drunk guys coming back from a party is more than enough,,,

CJ,

You are evil! You got them outed! I will never forgive you for that! :(

But you made them kiss. On the 11th chapter. It was damn time!

As for the end, I think she doesn't yet know about the outing! She's probably talking about the scene at the party.

But I was a little bit right. Wasn't I?

I had said:

Are the boys (gay ones) finally going to have sex? I hope so. I hope so.

You know what, I seriously think that in the next chapter, the straight boys are going to do something very dumb, dangerous. And our two gay heroes will have to salvage the situation. It will be very difficlut given the party and Halloween atmosphere. So it's Wild Wild Nights coz they'll be running around wildly!

So, they did have sex and did do dumb and dangerous thing- outing them! :angry: And, Chase did save them with Plan B.

So?

Ieshwar

• Site Administrator

Yesssss!!!!!

Finally the scene we have all been waiting for :D .

Don't read on if you haven't read the story yet.

I loved how Chase dealt with Jon and Eric, especially Jon. I think of all of them, Jon has the most growing up to do.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but could the vestal virgins have been exactly that except maybe they were underage vestal virgins to be more accurate.

How long would it take for some blackmail to happen by them sending a letter to Helen stating that Jon and Eric had their ways with the poor underage girls. Also maybe something to the extent of needing a certain amount of money to make it go away, and if they don't agree, then they will go to the press and even disclose more juicy information about Chase and Brandon. :wacko:

It think Jon and Eric have really screwed things up in the short term.

Hopefully Helen borrows Chase's drum and does her on impromptu drum solo with the drum actually over his head.

Oh well, I'm definitely happy that the two guys finally talked and got somewhat intimate. But I'm still riled up over Jon and Eric that I will have to calm down some first. :pissed:

Great chapter CJ!! And thank you for finally giving us the kiss. :P

Steve

Any thought of what's in the paper that made Helen a red face and ready to burst at Jon and Eric? my guess is that 2 drunk guys coming back from a party is more than enough,,,

My guess is that the three tart-let, vestal virgins wanted their 15 minutes of fame and outed Chase and Brandon to Perez Hilton or any of the other cheesy, gossip mongers in Hollywood. In the celebrity news cycle, this would be fodder for "Page 6" in the New York Post. Then, paparazzi video photographers will try to get footage to sell TMZ. Later, the cable news channels will have a field day before the "story" moves on to Entertainment Tonight. Ain't life grand?

At least the guys got to kiss.

Jack B)

I'm with everyone else here, i love you yet i hate you soo much!!!

Im really glad they finally got to kiss, and Chase called him his boyfriend!!! SO SWEET

And you said you don't do evil cliffhangers.... pfffttttt I take my vote back! :D

-Mike

• Site Administrator

What was in the paper? I noticed that the building opposite their hotel is another hotel. I suspect it is Eric's dawn antics that were observed by a photographer in the building opposite. That would be: two members of Instinct, with three nubile girls in tow, performing weird antics on a balcony.

There were several hours between that incident and the girls leaving. They may have had a phone with them and rung someone surreptitiously, but I suspect not. If it was, it wouldn't be Jon and Eric that Helen was targetting -- any article from a phone call is unlikely to mention Jon and Eric by name.

No, I think it's photos from dawn that has made the papers.

Apart from that.... Chase is my hero :wub: He's a wonderful guy who really knows how to stick it to his older brothers when they deserve it. :D:great:

Excellent chapter! :music::music: :music:

I agree with Graeme's take on the newspaper 'scoop'. Pap's will do anything for a juicy photograph, and the gossip those girls could spread ...!

I wouldn't like to be in Jon's or Eric's shoes when Chase and Brandon find out they've been outed! :devil:

Another great chapter CJ

:wub::wub: they kissed :wub::wub:

I have to agree with people and it will be about Jon and Eric and the article probably being about them in the limo and with the girls,

Im not entirely sure this incident will out Chase and Brandon though ive got a feeling Helen might be able to cover it up through damage control though i recon it will defiantly come out before phoenix.

Chase rules that has to be the best and most evil method of revenge ever

Edited by woody
wow amazing chapter,,, I simply love all that happen between chase and brandon in this chapter. and how about how chase got back at jon and eric!!! I know he did it mostly to get back at them from medling into their relationship,, but hey, everything that chase said was so dam to the point.... it's one thing that str8 people always assume about gays,, they almost all think that gays are promiscuous... but as chase pointed out,, they weren't exactly better for themselves.

It was either about Chase and Brandon being gay or something about the party......

but I'd bet more about Chase and Brandon........ :(

• Site Administrator
I wouldn't like to be in Jon's or Eric's shoes when Chase and Brandon find out they've been outed! :devil:

I'm wondering if Jon and Eric have enough balls to admit what they've done to Helen, Chase and/or Brandon.

Either that, or they'll put their foot in it again....

Jon and Eric glance down at the picture that Helen was pointing at. Jon grinned. "Is that all? We thought it was the other thing..." His voice trailed off as he realised he'd said too much.

"What other thing?" Helen glared at both guys.

Eric grinned sheepishly. "Well, we were drunk, and you know how things are."

Helen crossed her arms. "You are ten seconds away from becoming a soprano."

Jon and Eric exchanged glances. "You're the eldest, you tell her. It was your fault, anyway." Eric said.

"My fault? Who was it who wanted to see what had happened?"

Helen started taping her foot. "Five seconds."

Jon grimaced. "Well, we... er... sort of... said too much in front of the girls."

"What do you mean? Start explaining or, help me, I'll..." Helen started to reach forward to grab Jon by the shirt.

Jon started speaking quickly "We accidentally outed Chase and Brandon." He leaned away and cringed while he waited for the explosion.

Wow, another wonderful chapter......... Thank you so much CJ for another look into the lives of these wonderful kids.............hehehehehe...........( I can call them kids I'm 42).... hehehehe..........

Thank you for the romance of the night between Chase and Brandon, for Eric and Jon's wildness........... For their ineptitude when it comes to keeping things secret.........

Keep up the wonderful work

hugs and blessings

Susan :worship:

It seems more likely that Helen knows about the guys' limo ride rather than Jon and Eric outing Chase and Brandon, who got to kiss at last (I was really waiting for them being interrupted, so in a sense, I was surprised :) )

The Vestal Virgins could come into play later on, but as long as they don't have pics, can it hurt the reputation of the band?

I'm wondering about why no one commented about Dimitri's infatuation with kangaroos. This was rather cute (and funny).

One other thing: does Jon and Eric's "promiscuous" conversation ring OK? It flowed fine as I read the first time, but in hindsight, I think they use a very proper language, especially in the state they're in.

• Site Administrator

The Vestal Virgins could come into play later on, but as long as they don't have pics, can it hurt the reputation of the band?

Yes, because it's an accusation that the new lead singer AND the drummer are both gay AND a couple. Given that females will probably make up a sizeable percentage of their fan base, and some of those will have been drooling over Chase, finding out he's unattainable could be a cruel blow. I remember reading about the manager for the boy band Take That telling them that they weren't allowed to have girlfriends. They had to be seen to be available, even if they weren't. Instinct is in a different situation, as they are a rock band, not a pop band. They can be expected to be "wild" at times (which is why I'm curious as to exactly what Helen is going to jump on the guys about -- how much "wild" is acceptable and how much isn't?) but they are also supposed to fit the rock image. Gay couples aren't that common in rock bands and it may upset the image enough to cause them to lose fans or, worse, bookings.

Yes, the guys could deny it if the girls start to spread rumours (though Joe Lump could be called on to confirm them -- and that's a different situation to him outing the Chase himself so he might get away with it), but that will just come back and bite them in the future. The entire band and Helen KNOWS they are a couple and it won't be long before the roadies do, too. Trying to deny it would be a recipe for a disaster down the track.

I'm wondering about why no one commented about Dimitri's infatuation with kangaroos. This was rather cute (and funny).

I thought it was funny, too. He obviously hasn't seen enough of them. Having a kangaroo bound in front of your car as you're driving along a highway is scary....

One other thing: does Jon and Eric's "promiscuous" conversation ring OK? It flowed fine as I read the first time, but in hindsight, I think they use a very proper language, especially in the state they're in.

It's tough to write a conversation when someone isn't in their normal state of mind. I'm happy to accept it as written. Dialogue isn't supposed to be real -- it is just supposed to sound real. Authors already leave out all those hesitations that real people use when they speak -- stretching things a bit when needed is just doing the same thing -- making it readable :)

(...)Instinct is in a different situation, as they are a rock band, not a pop band. They can be expected to be "wild" at times (which is why I'm curious as to exactly what Helen is going to jump on the guys about -- how much "wild" is acceptable and how much isn't?) but they are also supposed to fit the rock image. Gay couples aren't that common in rock bands and it may upset the image enough to cause them to lose fans or, worse, bookings.

As you said, it's a rock band. We still don't know who their audience is, so there are numerous examples of gay rock stars, though usually this is known later on in their career. But David Bowie/ Iggy Pop, Freddie Mercury, Rob Halford, Michael Stipes... It seems it doesn't hurt a career nowadays.

Great chapter! :D

My guess about what Helen is ticked off about would have be something regarding the hotel across the street and Eric's dawn time escapades on the balcony. It seemed much to odd to mention that the building across the street was a hotel if that doesn't play into it somehow. Alternatively it could have something to do with their noisy limo ride (shouting through the streets at midnight!), or perhaps something regarding the girls (but I'm definitely betting on one of the two former scenarios). I don't think it'll be about Chase and Brandon being gay at all, because 1) I don't think it would have already come out, and 2) I don't think it would be so obviously Jon and Eric's fault that Helen would focus her anger on them and primarily ignore Chase and Brandon.

I don't know if this has been speculated on before, but it seems quite apparent that Dimitri is planning to execute Valdimir after everything is over with. I wonder if The Scar has similar plans for him? (Or conversely if he, Dimitri, has those same plans for The Scar?)

I found Jon's words to be quite a surprise. I didn't think he felt that way at all :(

I'm glad Eric stood up for them though. There's no doubt I like Eric better of the two.

That said I thought Chase over-reacted to Jon "interrogating" Brandon during the handball match. Don't get me wrong I thought his actions were more or less justified after he overheard what Jon was saying, but I think he was getting mad over nothing before that. As long as he didn't threaten Brandon, I think it's perfectly fair to try to find out his "intentions". Sure it's a bit nosy, but it shows that he cares and I think close family and friends should look after each other in that way.

Anyway I'm looking forward to reading more! :)

Take care and have an awesome day everyone!

Kevin

Either that, or they'll put their foot in it again....
Jon and Eric glance down at the picture that Helen was pointing at. Jon grinned. "Is that all? We thought it was the other thing..." His voice trailed off as he realised he'd said too much.

"What other thing?" Helen glared at both guys.

Eric grinned sheepishly. "Well, we were drunk, and you know how things are."

Helen crossed her arms. "You are ten seconds away from becoming a soprano."

Jon and Eric exchanged glances. "You're the eldest, you tell her. It was your fault, anyway." Eric said.

"My fault? Who was it who wanted to see what had happened?"

Helen started taping her foot. "Five seconds."

Jon grimaced. "Well, we... er... sort of... said too much in front of the girls."

"What do you mean? Start explaining or, help me, I'll..." Helen started to reach forward to grab Jon by the shirt.

Jon started speaking quickly "We accidentally outed Chase and Brandon." He leaned away and cringed while he waited for the explosion.

Hey CJ! Graeme is trying to help you write the next chapter...

• Site Moderator
And you said you don't do evil cliffhangers.... pfffttttt I take my vote back! :D

And of course, that goat is still going to deny it.

I don't think it could be much worse than what he just did to them with the hangovers. Altho, anything Chase and Brandon do will be mild compared to what Helen will be doing.

Jan

• Site Administrator
I don't know if this has been speculated on before, but it seems quite apparent that Dimitri is planning to execute Valdimir after everything is over with. I wonder if The Scar has similar plans for him? (Or conversely if he, Dimitri, has those same plans for The Scar?)

It was discussed before, and my view was that Dimitri is too much of a professional. The danger in trying to get rid of him, and failing, is too high, and, being a professional, the risk of him releasing details of the scheme are low. On that basis, The Scar has probably thought about it, and Dimitri has probably thought that The Scar has thought about it, but nothing will happen.

I could be wrong, though....

Yay! the new chapter is out. AND it is, yet again, another amazing chapter! :2thumbs:

NOTE: Just found the amazing bundle of CJ's stories... I may just start lurking in this forum as well...

Welcome to our forum, WriteInCode! :2thumbs:

And thank you!!!

Funny thing is...there's no link to it from Cj's Story Page... good thing I know where to find it... :D

Cj... bud... I sooo needed that after last night. Without telling any spoilers just yet... Chase is a great drummer, and I'll always respect him and Brandon!!!

Bob D. :wub:

Sorry about that; it's fixed now!

Chase put his drumming talents to very good use. :devil:

Yep, Jon thinking Brandon was promiscious, especially after his one-night-stand with two girls, was not designed to please Chase. LoL

BTW, one of the reasons that part was in there is exactly what you pointed out; the stereotype. :)

Thanks!

CJ,

You are evil! You got them outed! I will never forgive you for that! :(

But you made them kiss. On the 11th chapter. It was damn time!

As for the end, I think she doesn't yet know about the outing! She's probably talking about the scene at the party.

But I was a little bit right. Wasn't I?

I had said:

So, they did have sex and did do dumb and dangerous thing- outing them! :angry: And, Chase did save them with Plan B.

So?

Hi Ieshwar!!!

I do hope that having them kiss in the 11th chapter wasn't too fast... 0:)

You were indeed very, very close (Or right) on a lot of things! :2thumbs:

However, Ieshwar, as for them being outed, I'm afraid you are wrong with your blame there; it's not my fault and I can prove it!

Their outing is a bad thing, right? And now what is our #1 (and only) forum rule? "All bad things are Shadowgod's fault."

So, now, who is to blame for this outing? Shadowgod!

Oh, BTW, early in the story, remember how Brandon got outed back in Phoenix? Because he'd been reading gay fiction about a dirt-bike rider? Yep, Shot of Bourbon, by Shadowgod! So, Shadowgod is to blame for Brandon's outing, TWICE! :o

0:)

Wow, another wonderful chapter......... Thank you so much CJ for another look into the lives of these wonderful kids.............hehehehehe...........( I can call them kids I'm 42).... hehehehe..........

Thank you for the romance of the night between Chase and Brandon, for Eric and Jon's wildness........... For their ineptitude when it comes to keeping things secret.........

Keep up the wonderful work

hugs and blessings

Susan :worship:

Thank you Susan! :*)

This was my favorite chapter of those posted so far. :)

What we'd seen of the guys so far had been pretty tame, so in 11 we got a peek at what they're like when they let loose. As Chase said, they're more prone to doing things like that while on tour. 0:)

It seems more likely that Helen knows about the guys' limo ride rather than Jon and Eric outing Chase and Brandon, who got to kiss at last (I was really waiting for them being interrupted, so in a sense, I was surprised :) )

It's Vladimir (the engineer) who has the interest in Kangaroos, but you're right.

I like to try and give my characters depth, and that includes a few quirks. Dimitri, The Scar, and Vladimir might not be perfect goody-two-shoes types, but they do have their little quirks, like Dimitri's fear of heights. Expect to see more Kangaroos. :)

You may be right about the drunken conversations, but I tried it using more "natural language" and deleted it. To me, it detracted a little, becuase I needed to keep the dialog in that section very brief. :)

Yes, because it's an accusation that the new lead singer AND the drummer are both gay AND a couple. Given that females will probably make up a sizeable percentage of their fan base, and some of those will have been drooling over Chase, finding out he's unattainable could be a cruel blow. I remember reading about the manager for the boy band Take That telling them that they weren't allowed to have girlfriends. They had to be seen to be available, even if they weren't. Instinct is in a different situation, as they are a rock band, not a pop band. They can be expected to be "wild" at times (which is why I'm curious as to exactly what Helen is going to jump on the guys about -- how much "wild" is acceptable and how much isn't?) but they are also supposed to fit the rock image. Gay couples aren't that common in rock bands and it may upset the image enough to cause them to lose fans or, worse, bookings.

Yes, the guys could deny it if the girls start to spread rumours (though Joe Lump could be called on to confirm them -- and that's a different situation to him outing the Chase himself so he might get away with it), but that will just come back and bite them in the future. The entire band and Helen KNOWS they are a couple and it won't be long before the roadies do, too. Trying to deny it would be a recipe for a disaster down the track.

I thought it was funny, too. He obviously hasn't seen enough of them. Having a kangaroo bound in front of your car as you're driving along a highway is scary....

It's tough to write a conversation when someone isn't in their normal state of mind. I'm happy to accept it as written. Dialogue isn't supposed to be real -- it is just supposed to sound real. Authors already leave out all those hesitations that real people use when they speak -- stretching things a bit when needed is just doing the same thing -- making it readable :)

We'll find out a bit more regarding the fan demographics in 12, but you are correct; were they to be outed now, it would not be a good thing. :)

I blame Shadowgod.

Great chapter! :D

My guess about what Helen is ticked off about would have be something regarding the hotel across the street and Eric's dawn time escapades on the balcony. It seemed much to odd to mention that the building across the street was a hotel if that doesn't play into it somehow. Alternatively it could have something to do with their noisy limo ride (shouting through the streets at midnight!), or perhaps something regarding the girls (but I'm definitely betting on one of the two former scenarios). I don't think it'll be about Chase and Brandon being gay at all, because 1) I don't think it would have already come out, and 2) I don't think it would be so obviously Jon and Eric's fault that Helen would focus her anger on them and primarily ignore Chase and Brandon.

I found Jon's words to be quite a surprise. I didn't think he felt that way at all :(

I'm glad Eric stood up for them though. There's no doubt I like Eric better of the two.

That said I thought Chase over-reacted to Jon "interrogating" Brandon during the handball match. Don't get me wrong I thought his actions were more or less justified after he overheard what Jon was saying, but I think he was getting mad over nothing before that. As long as he didn't threaten Brandon, I think it's perfectly fair to try to find out his "intentions". Sure it's a bit nosy, but it shows that he cares and I think close family and friends should look after each other in that way.

Anyway I'm looking forward to reading more! :)

Take care and have an awesome day everyone!

Kevin

Thanks Kevin!!!

I may not have written the part about Chase's intial reaction clearly enough; he was a little miffed at the meddling, just enough to go mess with them a little (not the drum). It was Jon's remark about promiscuity, and keeping them apart, that set Chase off. Remember though, Jon was trying to screen for possible "one night stands", and Jon had just phoned to get Chase to help ditch the girls after another of his own. :lmao:

And of course, that goat is still going to deny it.

I don't think it could be much worse than what he just did to them with the hangovers. Altho, anything Chase and Brandon do will be mild compared to what Helen will be doing.

Jan

Of course I deny it; I never use cliffhangers! :P

Will Jon and Eric end up singing soprano? 0:)

Oh, BTW, notice who it was who finally pushed Brandon and Chase together, with his talk to Brandon and the bottle of bubbly?

:jerry::jerry: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry:

:)

• Site Administrator
Thanks Steve!

I can't say anything about the future, but I will mention one scene that's in this chapter;

Remember how Jon and Eric left the party with the girls?

0:)

Actually that was exactly what I thought about when I made my predictions. Why would they have to "sneak" them out of Jerry's place if they were eighteen? I think there is a lot more about these girls than what has been presented.

I still think there is a bit of blackmail in the letter that Helen is holding.

Really, look at the author of this fine story. Isn't it the same person who may or may not have blackmailed his fans to vote a certain way in a poll or face the possibility of the next chapter being delayed :whistle: .

And to further build my claim, CJ, your a lurker :ph34r: , you never use cliffhangers :blink: , and you'd never use blackmail :wacko: .

Steve :D

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..