[Altimexis] Naptown Tales

The Naptown Tales series consists of a collection of short stories, anthology entries, a novella and two novels. Many of these have their own discussion threads as listed below. The rest are discussed here in the Naptown Tales Forum, as indicated in teal:

1. Introduction

1. Back to School Jitters

2. Educating my Parents

3. Halloween Hero

4. My First Thanksgiving

5. The Un-Christmas

6. All My Heart

7. Class Election

8. The Gym Incident - Chronicles of a Lonsome Teenager

9. The Gym Incident - The Spare Jockstrap

Please let me know what you think!

Edited by Altimexis
  • Site Administrator

Altimexis,

I loved the story, and must say I was pleased that there was more to Broad Ripple Blues.

It was nice to read how things worked out the next few days where we left off in BRB. :great:

I will continue to read the series as you find time to post more chapters, installments, additions, etc :P .

Thanks again,

Steve

Wow, if Broad Ripple Blues was great, this one was GREAT!!!

I really enjoyed this one. It was so well-written! It's damn good! Glad that the other part os coming in a few days in the anthology!

Great job!

Ieshwar

• 2 weeks later...

Damn fine story.

And, never underestimate the sneakiness of a parent.

I like stories that give me that warm all over feeling and this one is definitely in that class.

It was good to see Trevor read the Bible on his own, even the parts his church ignores, or takes figuratively as many Evangelicals do. I used to go to a church that took the whole Bible as literal truth, except for quite a few damning verses that were "meant" not to be take literally.

Great story Altimexis!

Thanks.

Carl :boy:

Altimexis's stories are all such a great display of talent and 'Educating my parents' is no exception!

The story has a nice flow. Altimexis narrates the story with such an ease in the first POV that I have even started wondering if it's fiction...

But the best thing in his story, in my opinion, is the parents' reaction! First of all, it's rare to find some reactions which are no extreme- neither completely against nor completely far. And secondly, it's so realistic. I liked the fact that the father knew everything. It's so true! We children, always think that they don't know anything when it's never the case! :D

Ieshwar

• 1 month later...
  • Site Administrator

Great new chapter Altimexis :worship: ,

That story gave me a lot to think about as you discussed a lot of very serious issues through out it. The one thing that I pulled from it was that every character was being honest. From the Rabi, to the Iman, to even Altaf about the Holocaust, they all were speaking from the heart. Not that Altaf believed what he was telling Randy, but he was honestly expressing his grief, but tried to hide it through a personal attack on Randy. When you look at all the causes, it was excusable.

I can't wait to see where you take us next with the Naptown tales.

Keep up the great work :D .

Steve B)

The Un-Christmas was a great story.

I really enjoyed the comparative religion lessons, even though the Christians were pretty much left out other than being relegated to the practitioners of Christmas. Having been through a lot of these explorations into the true meaning of God, it was a pleasure reading about the other two followers of Abraham.

Randy and Altaf are such great characters and it's nice seeing their love grow through two stories so far.

Thanks Altimexis for an enjoyable alternative to a Christmas story.

Carl :boy:

• 1 year later...

I'm in the process of removing my stories from eFiction to make way for new authors, particularly the new promising authors, to gain recognition without having to compete with the stories left behind by the hosted authors. I'm therefore moving the reviews of my stories from eFiction to my forum so they won't be lost, in deference to the original posters. The following is a comment for my Naptown Tale, Back To School Jitters:

This was wonderful. I'm so glad to see David and Jeremy continue with their story.

Thanks for leaving a review! :D

I'm in the process of removing my stories from eFiction to make way for new authors, particularly the new promising authors, to gain recognition without having to compete with the stories left behind by the hosted authors. I'm therefore moving the reviews of my stories from eFiction to my forum so they won't be lost, in deference to the original posters. The following reviews are for my Naptown Tale, Educating My Parents:

I hope we will see some other stories from Naptown.

You've done very well both educating and entertaining.

I'm sufficiently new to this site that I don't remember how the rating system works so suffice it to say that I ate dinner in front of the computer this evening so I could continue reading your stories. Thanks,j

I love it! It's funny in a very smart way.... just the sort of story I like to read :)

Awesome story. That's really all I can say right now... just. Wow.

A beautiful story. He was so blessed to have the love of his parents enough to be accepting of him. I whis that had been my story. I also wish he were here right now to help me learn more about the computer. Sorry font is so small but in this I don't know how to make it bigger. Nice story. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to reading your other stories. Have a good week.

Tad Durham

Belfast, Maine

tad034@gwi.net

Again, I would like to sincerely thank everyone who took the time to write a review! :D

I'm in the process of removing my stories from eFiction to make way for new authors, particularly the new promising authors, to gain recognition without having to compete with the stories left behind by the hosted authors. I'm therefore moving the reviews of my stories from eFiction to my forum so they won't be lost, in deference to the original posters. The following two reviews are for my Naptown Tale, Halloween Hero:

whoa. this is some heavy stuff. great story though.

Wow! A lot of things happen in this story. I guess if you wanted you could easily make a novel out of it.

Again, I would like to sincerely thank those who took the time to write a review. B)

I'm in the process of removing my stories from eFiction to make way for new authors, particularly the new promising authors, to gain recognition without having to compete with the stories left behind by the hosted authors. I'm therefore moving the reviews of my stories from eFiction to my forum so they won't be lost, in deference to the original posters. The following two reviews are for my Naptown Tale, My First Thanksgiving:

This was a pleasant story to read. It was nice to see two boys from two contentious cultures come together. It was also good to have a realistic story about a Muslim boy dealing with all the religious issues of being young and gay. Good writing, Altimexis!

At last, a story involving a gay Muslim. It's a good story and being a gay Muslim myself, I have to go through a lot of challenges. Well done, Altimexis!

The following review is for the companion story, The Un-Christmas:

Awwwwww! Dude, I would DIE if that ever happend to me. That much pain and suffering would be enough to make me wish I had died with my boyfriend. Moving on, I doubt an option. Truely touching story. I loved both characters so much. Poor Fareed. :(

Though, I must say, reading this was a bit like studying history and... uh... the religious-osophy. I forgot the word! Opened my eyes from a different view than Christianity for once. Even that didn't bore me. You obviously have talent my friend. My ADD would have turned my attention had that not been the truth. :P

Thanks again to all of you for taking the time to review these stories. These two in particular mean a lot to me - I poured a lot of my heart and soul into them. :wub:

• 1 year later...

I happened to stumble across this series and it's awesome! I'm gay, I've just finished school but I'm not out... and never planned on coming out, a bit like Will, but this has inspired me. Thanks so much. Your stories are so easy to relate to, even though some of the events and happenings are extraordinary.