Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Since CJ is away....

• Site Administrator

It falls on us to ensure that the number of posts made per day at GA doesn't drop. I'm therefore calling on everyone to make an extra post a day, just for CJ.

To make it easier, you can make that extra post here in this thread, where almost anything goes. I'm starting -- this is my extra post for the day.

Okay, who's up next?

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator
I just had Ace, King, Queen, Jack and 10 of clubs in 7 hand poker, but lost before I could play them :'( I think this is the most depressing moment I've had all week.....

OMG :blink: I don't think I've ever seen a real royal flush in a poker hand. My condolences. :(

• Site Moderator
479px-Candle-flame-and-reflection.jpg

I'll light a candle for his safe return :)

I love what you've done to your avatar and statement underneath it.

And you can expect the postings to continue while CJ is gone.

Also, to those who send email to CJ via his GA mail box. Please advised that as his Deputy on the Writers Support Team, he is forwarding his email to me so that I can keep any WST business going. All email will be handled appropriately and as confident.

• Site Administrator

I didn't know what to post, so I thought maybe a goat joke a day.

Hopefully none will be offensive, and I'll give credit where available.

What better way to recognize the goat, than to spread some jokes :D .

A young couple decided to invite their elderly pastor for Sunday dinner. While they were in the kitchen preparing dinner, the pastor asked their son what they were having.

"Goat" the little boy replied

"Goat?" replied the startled man of the cloth. "Are you sure about that?"

"Yep" said the youngster. "I heard dad say to mom, 'Today is just as good as any to have the old goat for dinner''

Cheri Hall

Steve :D

I love what you've done to your avatar and statement underneath it.

And you can expect the postings to continue while CJ is gone.

Also, to those who send email to CJ via his GA mail box. Please advised that as his Deputy on the Writers Support Team, he is forwarding his email to me so that I can keep any WST business going. All email will be handled appropriately and as confident.

Well, it was either a candle or a goat recipe :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

CJ is such a postwhore! He's going to be angry if we can't post as usual.

Well, I will light a bonfire (The one in Dom's forum isn't working). I hope this one does!

:fire: :fire: :fire:

Ieshwar

Goat Recipe:

* 2 T salad oil

* 2 lbs. cubed goat meat

* 1 tsp. salt

* 1.2 tap. garlic powder

* 1/4 tsp. oregano

* 1/8 tsp. ground cumin

* 1 large onion, chopped

* 1 T flour

* 1 10-oz. can Rotel tomatoes and green chiles

* 1 10-oz can water

Brown meat in hot oil. Add salt, garlic powder, oregano, cumin and onion. Cook until onion is soft. Sprinkle flour over all and allow to brown, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes and water. Simmer uncovered for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Most of the liquid will be absorbed. Serves 6 (or 24 normal people).

Sorry, couldn't find any candles.

Edited by MikeL
  • Site Administrator

A new day, so time for another post. I'm going to be a bit short today, I think, because I'm about to get on a plane again... :( It's only an overnight trip, but I'll be off the air for most of the two days. And I know CJ is counting on my to pass his post count while he's away... :D

A new day, so time for another post. I'm going to be a bit short today, I think, because I'm about to get on a plane again... :( It's only an overnight trip, but I'll be off the air for most of the two days. And I know CJ is counting on my to pass his post count while he's away... :D

B) ..........Odd, your traveling again, going for a cameo?

• Site Administrator

Day 2 :D

Two men were walking through the woods and came upon a big, black, deep hole. One man picked up a rock and tossed it into the hole and stood listening for the rock to hit bottom. Nothing.

He turned to the other guy and said "That must be a deep hole..let's throw a bigger rock in there and listen for it to hit bottom."

The men found a bigger rock and lugged it to the hole and dropped it in. They listened for some time and ....nothing.

Again they agreed that this must be one deep hole and maybe they should throw something even bigger into it. One man spotted a big log nearby. They picked it up, grunting and groaning, and threw it to the hole, listening intently....nothing.

All of a sudden, a goat came flying out of the woods, running like the wind, and flew past the men and jumped straight in the hole. The men were astonished.

They walked on through the woods, and a little later met an old farmer who asked the men if they had seen a goat. One man told the farmer of the incredible incident they had just witnessed. They had just seen this goat fly out of the woods and run and leap into the big hole. He asked the farmer if this could have been his goat.

The old farmer said "Naw, that can't be my goat...he was chained up to a big log"

Andy Oliver

Have a great day :P

Steve

• Site Administrator
B) ..........Odd, your traveling again, going for a cameo?

I hope not -- he hasn't mentioned Hobart in the story so far.... :wacko:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..