Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Chapter 14- Shop 'till you drop

That was the evilest cliffhanger yet! OMG! The crown is now superglued to CJ's head!

...... I have a confession to make.......................... I don't read the Dimitri storyline :unsure: .... I scan it but a SERIOUSLY SHORT scan/non-read. I hope I haven't missed much. I see 'nuclear this and nuclear that' and am assuming that there will be an explosion at the concert in aus (since when to people make bombs here? :wacko: ).

Have I missed a whole lot by not really reading that part?

Edited by writeincode
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the evilest cliffhanger yet! OMG! The crown is now superglued to CJ's head!

...... I have a confession to make.......................... I don't read the Dimitri storyline :unsure: .... I scan it but a SERIOUSLY SHORT scan/non-read. I hope I haven't missed much. I see 'nuclear this and nuclear that' and am assuming that there will be an explosion at the concert in aus (since when to people make bombs here? :wacko: ).

B) ......I would say you've got the gist of the story line!

...... I have a confession to make.......................... I don't read the Dimitri storyline .... I scan it but a SERIOUSLY SHORT scan/non-read. I hope I haven't missed much. I see 'nuclear this and nuclear that' and am assuming that there will be an explosion at the concert in aus (since when to people make bombs here? ).

I'm glad I'm not the only one,, honestly, I usually read that storyline on fastfoward, reading it just enough to get the gist of it. I'm guessing that, that particular part of the story haven't yet interested me.

About the chapter by itself,, it was good as always,, but I kinda get the feeling that there's something missing ,,, maybe it's cause of the lack of anykind of cliffhanger,,

Also I have got to remember that for a gift,,, a necklace,, something to remember always worn close to the heart,,, I'll remember that one for the next time I need to find a gift.

About the chapter by itself,, it was good as always,, but I kinda get the feeling that there's something missing ,,, maybe it's cause of the lack of anykind of cliffhanger,,

Indeed, the lack of something so never used is quite blatant. Anyone to work on the case of the missing cliff-hanger?

• Site Moderator
Indeed, the lack of something so never used is quite blatant. Anyone to work on the case of the missing cliff-hanger?

I think the posting schedule IS the cliffhanger. I don't think the Queen of the Evilest Cliffhangers would leave us with a cliffhanger in the story and then leave us hanging for a couple of weeks. That, is downright evil.

Jan

• Site Administrator

Not much, but you've missed a couple of very important items in the second storyline. The biggest one, since you live in/near Brisbane (I think -- at least closer to Brisbane than I am), is that they're building the nuclear weapons in Toowoomba, and that the plutonium will probably be coming in through Brisbane. 0:)

While it has been stated that the bombs will NOT be used in Australia, that was in dialogue, and we can't necessarily believe that it is true. The Scar has indicated that he wants to become the ruler of Paraguay and the bombs will have a part to play in that process. That's as much as we know.

I've looked up Tiger's Eye as it was a gemstone I wasn't familiar with. I can see the appeal for a guy -- it's a very blokey colour -- but I think a good Australian opal would have look even better.

Not much, but you've missed a couple of very important items in the second storyline. The biggest one, since you live in/near Brisbane (I think -- at least closer to Brisbane than I am), is that they're building the nuclear weapons in Toowoomba, and that the plutonium will probably be coming in through Brisbane. 0:)

While it has been stated that the bombs will NOT be used in Australia, that was in dialogue, and we can't necessarily believe that it is true. The Scar has indicated that he wants to become the ruler of Paraguay and the bombs will have a part to play in that process. That's as much as we know.

I've looked up Tiger's Eye as it was a gemstone I wasn't familiar with. I can see the appeal for a guy -- it's a very blokey colour -- but I think a good Australian opal would have look even better.

Thanks for the rehash! Now I'm kinda guessing that an unplanned freak explosion will happen in Aus, FICTIONALLY!!

Nah, I'm a Sydney-sider not a Brisbanian/Brisbanite... Don't know which one of us is closer because geography has never really been my strong point :wacko:

You don't know Tiger's eye? wow. That's like the best stone ever. Aussie Opals (<-- not the basketball team) pale in comparison especially for male rockstar jewelry :P

Oh and on another note, what's this about no cliffhanger?! I felt the cliffhanger right down to my bones! How could everyone else ignore it. Sigh. Men...

Edited by writeincode
Oh and on another note, what's this about no cliffhanger?! I felt the cliffhanger right down to my bones! How could everyone else ignore it. Sigh. Men...

If you are talking about this being a cliffhanger, then you are correct, we don't think of it as a cliffie

Minutes later, the two exhausted guys climbed into Chase
  • Site Moderator
In the brief Internet access, CJ forwarded it on to me for editing but I am afraid to open it knowing it will be weeks before I get 17... :(

I know what you mean, it's feast or famine for me. I either get something for one or two at once, something big from one, or nothing at all.

Jan

• Site Administrator

Shadowgod implied that chapter 16 ends with one huge cliffhanger....

Any speculation on what's likely to happen in the next chapter? Apart from Chase losing his virginity, that is. :P

I'm trying to guess if the next chapter will include the concert. Given that Zeke's brother probably has a strong interest in music, he'll probably be expecting Zeke to get him a back-stage pass. Now that he has confirmed who Brandon is, Zeke may not want to do that -- but will he have a real choice? I can foresee some fireworks -- possibly outing Chase -- if Zeke's brother ends up back stage at the concert.

Or maybe that's how chapter 16 ends and that's what Shadowgod is waiting anxiously for chapter 17....

We've been desensitized by the much worse ones CJ has submitted as chapter endings previously - especially in FTL. Perhaps, being "late to the party" and able to read multiple chapters at a time, these did not have as much of an impact on you, but they were quite horrendous to the Herd and Capricans that live here.

That's very possible. Now I'm absolutely terrified for the real cliffhangers to start again :unsure:

Now I'm absolutely terrified for the real cliffhangers to start again

It might be just me, but up to now there haven't had any real cliffhanger yet,, or at least no real mean one. waiting to see if they'll finish the kiss ain't exactly a real mean one,,, if anyone know what I mean... I'd be glad to be proven wrong tho.

• Site Administrator
It might be just me, but up to now there haven't had any real cliffhanger yet,, or at least no real mean one. waiting to see if they'll finish the kiss ain't exactly a real mean one,,, if anyone know what I mean... I'd be glad to be proven wrong tho.

Please! :blink: If you start saying things like that, you'll be quoted forever, as the goat uses your words to support his claim that he doesn't use cliffhangers! :P

However, I understand. So far in this particular story, he's been relatively good. I don't expect that to last....

Please! If you start saying things like that, you'll be quoted forever, as the goat uses your words to support his claim that he doesn't use cliffhangers!

:whistle: alright, I'll be more careful next time in my choice of words, lol. but we gotta admit that up to now in this story,,,,

and I'll say that I'm kinda grateful of that too

Edited by frenchcanadian
  • Site Administrator

I think we'll get some really good cliffhangers once the two story lines start to merge. After all, there's nothing like an impending nuclear explosion to put some tension into a story....

As for what's happening -- we know Chase wants to lose his virginity before he turns 18. The current question is will he get his wish, or will circumstances beyond his control (but not beyond CJ's control) prevent him?

• Site Administrator
I think he'll enter adulthood virgin!

I fear you might be right, though I hope you're wrong.

There is nothing wrong with that? Right? :unsure:

Absolutely not! :D

The current question is will he get his wish, or will circumstances beyond his control (but not beyond CJ's control) prevent him?

Oh, I'm about just sure that there will be some circumstances that will prevent him from having some. I'm sure that CJ's has already made a long list full of reason for a couple not to have sex, and that he's far from the end of that list.

Oh, I'm about just sure that there will be some circumstances that will prevent him from having some. I'm sure that CJ's has already made a long list full of reason for a couple not to have sex, and that he's far from the end of that list.

B) ................Your right, newly crowned Queens can be bitchy! :P

• Site Administrator
B) .....Well that was the plan all along wasn't it? To wait for his 18th birthday?

No. They wanted to wait, but that was just to be sure about their feelings. Chase stated he didn't want to turn 18 and still be a virgin, so they want to 'correct' that situation before he turns 18. If it wasn't for the corrupted music tracks, they would have done it that night -- I think the chapter makes that clear.

Alas, I fear you're right. My only hope is that he wants to save some of those reasons for another story....

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..