Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

What is going on?

• Site Administrator

While CJ was away, we worked really hard to keep posting in this forum, and managed to post well over 500 posts in the month he was away (one thread by itself had 500 posts).

Now that he's back, it's been 11 hours since the last post in this forum (and I was the one who made that post).

I'm sorry, people, but you are not allowed to slack off. Yes, I know it's the Thanksgiving weekend, but that only gives a partial excuse for the USA members. The non-USA members should still be posting until it's clear that CJ has returned to his normal posting rate :P

Okay. Now that I've said that, I expect the next post to be well inside 11 hours from the time of this post.... Please don't disappoint me. Disappointed echidna's are not pretty. :mace:

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, well I certainly wouldn't want to have a riled up echidna on my hands!

I noticed it's been frighteningly slow today too! I did chalk it up to the holidays, but it's definitely been quiet!

So what has everyone been up to? I cleaned my whole house top to bottom today! It was all cold and rainy out so I figured while I was stuck inside all day anyway I'd might as well get something useful done!

Take care all and I expect to see some posts too! An angry echidna is one thing, but I'm sure none of you want to face an irate reformed pirate ;)

-Kevin

• Site Administrator
So what has everyone been up to? I cleaned my whole house top to bottom today! It was all cold and rainy out so I figured while I was stuck inside all day anyway I'd might as well get something useful done!

I mowed the lawn. Apart from that, I let the boys play. They had a lot of fun digging out one of their old hot wheels tracks and trying to remember how it was put together.

Take care all and I expect to see some posts too! An angry echidna is one thing, but I'm sure none of you want to face an irate reformed pirate ;)

What, exactly, is a reformed pirate? :blink: Is that someone who steals software who has been twisted into a new shape?

I mowed the lawn. Apart from that, I let the boys play. They had a lot of fun digging out one of their old hot wheels tracks and trying to remember how it was put together.

What, exactly, is a reformed pirate? :blink: Is that someone who steals software who has been twisted into a new shape?

Mooo?

• Site Moderator

Since my normal daily routine has been a bit different this week, off Thursday and working different hours on Friday, I didn't spend anytime online while at work. Add into that, that I haven't spent much time online during the evenings also.

Plus, remember that BeaStKid is gone for six days so that will cut done on the posting, too.

Jan

I've been fairly silent too; I've had tons to do in the real world (including with work) after being gone for a month. I had to replace the water heater yesterday, for example; it sprang a leak while I was away, but fourtunatly I had my water system off so no major mess. It takes me over an hour to get to a store large enough to sell water heaters, so that took time, and then I had to wrestle it in here, move the old one out, and start soldering pipes, hooking up the propane lines, etc.

I'm also working on LTMP 17, which I promised myself I'd get done this weekend. I'm also working on some posts about my trip.

And I do want to add that when i logged in from Venice and saw that the forum was not only not dead, but VERY active, it really meant a lot to me. I'd long feared that it would die off while I was gone (And I didn't ecpect to be as totally offline as I was) and not recover.

Thank you all.

CJ :)

I'm still not fully recovered from my trip north this week. I dropped out of my normal Saturday night card game early and came home - feeling tired but not really sleepy. And if you can believe, my body clock still hasn't adjusted as I wake up at 6 - even on the weekends! :angry:

What, exactly, is a reformed pirate?

**points at himself** ;)

Plus, remember that BeaStKid is gone for six days so that will cut done on the posting, too.

Benji's away as well! LOL these two facts, and Ieshwar's more infrequent presence is probably a large aspect.

I've been fairly silent too; I've had tons to do in the real world (including with work) after being gone for a month. I had to replace the water heater yesterday, for example; it sprang a leak while I was away, but fourtunatly I had my water system off so no major mess. It takes me over an hour to get to a store large enough to sell water heaters, so that took time, and then I had to wrestle it in here, move the old one out, and start soldering pipes, hooking up the propane lines, etc.

Oh no! :hug:

I'm so sorry, CJ!

I'm also working on LTMP 17, which I promised myself I'd get done this weekend. I'm also working on some posts about my trip.

I was thinking/hoping that was it! :D

And I do want to add that when i logged in from Venice and saw that the forum was not only not dead, but VERY active, it really meant a lot to me. I'd long feared that it would die off while I was gone (And I didn't ecpect to be as totally offline as I was) and not recover.

Well you definitely have Graeme and the others to thank for that, since prior to about that time I'd dropped off the net a bit myself. They did do a great job! :)

Well, I've been working on my own story, above with trying to manage uni assignments. Oh and finally, trying to keep up with mum's need to not go shopping alone :P

Ohh, good luck with the story and classes! LOL, as for the shopping...well I can help you there if it becomes overwhelming 0:):boy:

Have an awesome day all!

Kevin

• Site Administrator

I would like to direct any queries about my posting rate to Kevin :D . I have been working a ton of overtime of late to try and take care of some recent credit card transactions. I figure that I maybe made about a grand extra last week, so subtract that from $611,000,000.......darn, have to get to the next job. :P

Steve B)

• Site Administrator

Excuses, excuses. Everyone has excuses. The fact that they are all reasonable, and understandable means NOTHING! :P

Seriously, I was just surprised, that's all. It was the quietest I had seen the forum for some time.

I am so glad that the Goat "Queen of evil cliffhangers" is back and working on keeping our thirst for new chapters quenched. Sorry I don't post more. I'm more of a forum reader than a poster. I try to throw a comment out every now and then. B):read:

• Site Moderator

Sorry to hear about your water heater. And like you said, it could have been a lot worse.

And don't forget, you still feel some of that jet lag, too.

Just think what we could have/would have, done if we didn't like you so much. :devil:

Jan

I will admit I haven't been posting much lately due to moving to a new division at work (hhmmm... I guess I should take it as a compliment that they moved me without asking because they said they were worried I start looking for a new job when I found out the funding for my job got cut) and then I got the SOS call from my parents asking if I could take a drive to their town and figure out why their computer was slow... after a few hours with a mop and a can of Lysol I managed to get rid of most of the viruses, reinstalled their AV and got their system running to a point where they can backup their data so I can wipe and rebuild their PC next weekend (bad computer owners, bad!) And yes, I provided Kleenex when I told them they couldn't hook up their internet connection until I rebuilt their computer.

So obviously life got in the road and I'm just sitting down with a cup of coffee and getting ready to get caught up with a weeks worth of internet reading.

Welcome back & sorry about the water heater (about the only thing I believe in renting for obvious reasons).

Steve

• Site Administrator
I am so glad that the Goat "Queen of evil cliffhangers" is back and working on keeping our thirst for new chapters quenched. Sorry I don't post more. I'm more of a forum reader than a poster. I try to throw a comment out every now and then. B):read:

No need to apologise about not posting much. However, if you like, you can follow CJ's lead and make lots of posts saying you don't post very much.... :P

As you can tell from this forum, almost anything goes as long as it is in the spirit of fun, frivolity and friendship. If you feel you want to sit back and read, that's fine, but don't be scared to jump into the deep end from time to time :D

• Site Administrator
As you can tell from this forum, almost anything goes as long as it is in the spirit of fun, frivolity and friendship. If you feel you want to sit back and read, that's fine, but don't be scared to jump into the deep end from time to time :D

Speaking of jumping in a deep end.....Graeme, are you not a little surprised that CJ hasn't bestowed upon some people his sincere gratitude for rallying the troops in getting his title acknowledged? :P

He actually has been uncharacteristically quiet over the title. It must still must be sinking in and eventually he will rightfully claim his new title. :D

Well, off to the next job..........

Steve B)

Edited by wildone
  • Site Administrator
Speaking of jumping in a deep end.....Graeme, are you not a little surprised that CJ hasn't bestowed upon some people his sincere gratitude for rallying the troops in getting his title acknowledged? :P

I'm sure he's still in shock. It was such an unexpected honour, after all, that he's had no time to prepare himself mentally. Give him time -- I'm sure he'll be fine. :D

I'm sure he's still in shock. It was such an unexpected honour, after all, that he's had no time to prepare himself mentally. Give him time -- I'm sure he'll be fine. :D

Shocked is right.. :P

I mean really... Queen? Me? ROFL!!!!

And as for cliffhangers, it's been said many times that I never use 'em... Why, I doubt I'd even know how to write one.

And google-busting! I'm shocked, shocked I tell ya, that anyone would stoop to the level of hanging a cliffhanger title on someone and then google-busting! :o I can't imagine where that idea could have come from... :whistle:

I'm afraid I must decline said title, due to being manifestly unqualified on several fronts... Also, it detracts from the reigning (long live the King!) :king: King of Eeevil Cliffhangers:king: Shadowgod. He did, after all, write the mother of all cliffhangers in LiS 26, leaving us all thinking that Jacob was dead... (he said "last and final time" when Jacob was being put into the ambulance... Now that was just EEEvil...).

Now, I know some of you might be inclined to raise the spectre of a few tense chapter endings, especially in FTL, but remember Shadowgod's role of anonymous beta reader; he sneaks in cliffies during the beta, or punches up slightly tense things to make them cliffhangers.

All hail the :king: King of Eeevil Cliffhangers:king: Shadowgod. :worship:

• Site Administrator

There, there, CJ. We know you don't feel worthy, but you've been acclaimed by so many of your fans. Indeed, a higher percentage of people think you deserve the title of Queen of the Evilest Cliffhangers than Shadowgod got when the GA members were asked to vote on whether he's the King of Eeevil Cliffhangers. So, just accept the fact that while you don't feel worthy, the vast majority have spoken and proclaimed your new royal title :D

I would like to direct any queries about my posting rate to Kevin :D . I have been working a ton of overtime of late to try and take care of some recent credit card transactions. I figure that I maybe made about a grand extra last week, so subtract that from $611,000,000.......darn, have to get to the next job. :P

Aww gosh, now I'm startin' to feel like I did too good a job in selecting special gifts for everyone! (Ieshwar how is Denmark working out for you anyway? :P )

At least I didn't get them gift wrapped! 0:)

Hehe, well that's okay! Just post when you can and read when ya can't! We'll leave the light on for ya ;)

I will admit I haven't been posting much lately due to moving to a new division at work (hhmmm... I guess I should take it as a compliment that they moved me without asking because they said they were worried I start looking for a new job when I found out the funding for my job got cut) and then I got the SOS call from my parents asking if I could take a drive to their town and figure out why their computer was slow... after a few hours with a mop and a can of Lysol I managed to get rid of most of the viruses, reinstalled their AV and got their system running to a point where they can backup their data so I can wipe and rebuild their PC next weekend (bad computer owners, bad!) And yes, I provided Kleenex when I told them they couldn't hook up their internet connection until I rebuilt their computer.

Oh my! That does sound like a mess :(

:hug: good luck with everything!

Take care all and have an awesome day! :D

-Kevin

Aww gosh, now I'm startin' to feel like I did too good a job in selecting special gifts for everyone! (Ieshwar how is Denmark working out for you anyway? :P )

At least I didn't get them gift wrapped! 0:)

Hehe, well that's okay! Just post when you can and read when ya can't! We'll leave the light on for ya ;)

Oh my! That does sound like a mess :(

:hug: good luck with everything!

Take care all and have an awesome day! :D

-Kevin

B) ............Well, here is my post, I figure Kevin will break it anyway :P

• Site Administrator
Denmark? Wasn't that Belgium? It's kinda stuck in the mail. Must be the big head of the stars...

Kevin's been bad... I think he meant that he's getting you Denmark for Christmas, to go with Belgium that he got for your birthday. I personally frown on those that ruin Christmas Day surprises by tell someone what they are going to get. :angry:

Kevin's been bad... I think he meant that he's getting you Denmark for Christmas, to go with Belgium that he got for your birthday. I personally frown on those that ruin Christmas Day surprises by tell someone what they are going to get. :angry:

OMG it's a spoiler!!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..