Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let The Music Play 16; Encores.

• Site Administrator

Yeah, yeah, yeah..they had sex :wacko: .

Wait a minute, they had sex!!! Wow, and before chapter 20 at that. CJ, are you trying to dispel a certain rumour going around on the internet about you and cliffhangers ;) ?

I am totally into the secondary storyline now, if it even really is a secondary storyline. One thing about the questions being posed about the Scar and his ten year storage of the bombs, and domination of Paraguay, is if there is any clues being given to us.

Me thinks that something has to do with the reason The Scar, became The Scar. We know he killed a man for giving him one, but how and why did he get it. I would imagine that it has to do with who the bombs are being planned for. Also, given the fact that CJ has mentioned in the story several times the bombs have to last for ten years, doesn't really necessary mean that they will be detonated in ten years, could be much sooner.

Now my next point....Graeme, how would you and your family like to relocate to maybe North America? I really can't see 3 bombs containing more than 200 kilograms of Cobalt, being snuck around the countryside or out of the country. So, does this mean that the bombs will explode in Australia? Lastly, if Vladimir builds the remote device using some Dell laptop batteries, things may go boom sooner than later B) .

Oh, back to the boys....It was mentioned about Chase not being with a girl and the media attention, but it was also mentioned that most the reporters had already picked up on this in the past. Since Barbara is doing a fine job as a stand in for Brandon, maybe they are not too concerned with Chase's image, being able to pass it off as being a shy person, who barely turned eighteen.

With the glance from the lead singer of the Shadows, I'm being to wonder if he put two and two together, and it will require Zeke to come in and straighten the mess out.

Well enough rambling.

Steve B)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now my next point....Graeme, how would you and your family like to relocate to maybe North America? I really can't see 3 bombs containing more than 200 kilograms of Cobalt, being snuck around the countryside or out of the country. So, does this mean that the bombs will explode in Australia? Lastly, if Vladimir builds the remote device using some Dell laptop batteries, things may go boom sooner than later B) .

B) ..........I'm sure CJ...........ahem!! Scar will try using Instinct's equipment as a boarding pass to "other" nations. However it is noted that Graeme does frequently fly around his countryside fairly often enough. Warning to Graeme, be cautious of jobs being offered in your area especially if posted near fertilizer fields.

• Site Administrator

Thanks for the offer, but The Scar and Dimitri are currently in the north of the country and I'm in the south. The wind patterns are such that I should be safe, even with a cobalt enhanced fallout level.

If I want to move, I'll probably go to New Zealand. It's closer and a really nice country (not that the USA isn't, but I've heard stories about genetically modified goats with glowing red eyes living in Arizona -- scary)

I'm sure CJ...........ahem!! Scar will try using Instinct's equipment as a boarding pass to "other" nations. However it is noted that Graeme does frequently fly around his countryside fairly often enough. Warning to Graeme, be cautious of jobs being offered in your area especially if posted near fertilizer fields.

Happily, my only travel in the near future is in the opposite direction to Queensland.

Hmm... Interesting idea about The Scar trying to use Instinct as a cover. :)

:D:D Woot! Woot! :wub::wub:

Now I feel guilty for having spoken so disparagingly when I quiered as to how many chapters I would have to wait....

I'm sorry, CJ! 100 kilos of the finest quality goat meal are being shipped to you. :D

The lead singer from the Shadows can make all the menacing stares he wants, so long as he keeps his pie hole shut. As has already been observed, Helen would make mince meat out of the whole group in short order if anything untoward like that were to happen. :devil:

CJ, I think you might be setting us up a bit by using Linda to feed Brandon the line that he's more in control now of what family and ex-friends might say to the press about his sexuality. It seems that Brandon has swallowed that whole, too. There's truth in it, but Brandon's not the type of man to take revenge. He would just be hurt and offer to leave the group. :(

I liked the way you had Brandon scare off Eric when he noticed that Eric was staring at Linda's ass. :lol:

Great chapter, CJ!!

:worship::worship::worship:

Conner

Thanks Conner!!!

I figured that after FTL, everyone would be expecting Brandon and Chase to keep getting interrupted. :lol:

At last. And planning on at three more times before they call it a night.

Althought CJ didn't leave us with a cliffhanger concerning Brand and Chase, I think he's left us a bit fo one with The Scar. I mean, what's he got planned that could put the bomb into storage for 10 years. It sounds more like his plans are long range instead of the assumed present.

Jan

What? Me? A cliffhanger? Never... 0:)

BTW, their plans for a few more "encores" that night is half the reason I named the chapter "Encores". The other half being the first paragraph.

Yeah, yeah, yeah..they had sex :wacko: .

Wait a minute, they had sex!!! Wow, and before chapter 20 at that. CJ, are you trying to dispel a certain rumour going around on the internet about you and cliffhangers ;) ?

I am totally into the secondary storyline now, if it even really is a secondary storyline. One thing about the questions being posed about the Scar and his ten year storage of the bombs, and domination of Paraguay, is if there is any clues being given to us.

Me thinks that something has to do with the reason The Scar, became The Scar. We know he killed a man for giving him one, but how and why did he get it. I would imagine that it has to do with who the bombs are being planned for. Also, given the fact that CJ has mentioned in the story several times the bombs have to last for ten years, doesn't really necessary mean that they will be detonated in ten years, could be much sooner.

Oh, back to the boys....It was mentioned about Chase not being with a girl and the media attention, but it was also mentioned that most the reporters had already picked up on this in the past. Since Barbara is doing a fine job as a stand in for Brandon, maybe they are not too concerned with Chase's image, being able to pass it off as being a shy person, who barely turned eighteen.

With the glance from the lead singer of the Shadows, I'm being to wonder if he put two and two together, and it will require Zeke to come in and straighten the mess out.

Well enough rambling.

Steve B)

I don't know why y'all keep assuming that The Scar and Dimitri are bad people... 0:)

Thanks for the offer, but The Scar and Dimitri are currently in the north of the country and I'm in the south. The wind patterns are such that I should be safe, even with a cobalt enhanced fallout level.

If I want to move, I'll probably go to New Zealand. It's closer and a really nice country (not that the USA isn't, but I've heard stories about genetically modified goats with glowing red eyes living in Arizona -- scary)

Happily, my only travel in the near future is in the opposite direction to Queensland.

Hmm... Interesting idea about The Scar trying to use Instinct as a cover. :)

How hard would it be to smuggle a large object from Queensland to Victoria? :whistle:

• Site Administrator
How hard would it be to smuggle a large object from Queensland to Victoria? :whistle:

Probably not too hard, as long as they don't use a horse-drawn vehicle. If they try that, they'll be stopped at the border. You can transport nukes (as long as you don't tell anyone) but not horses....

Thanks Conner!!!

I figured that after FTL, everyone would be expecting Brandon and Chase to keep getting interrupted. :lol:

What? Me? A cliffhanger? Never... 0:)

BTW, their plans for a few more "encores" that night is half the reason I named the chapter "Encores". The other half being the first paragraph.

I don't know why y'all keep assuming that The Scar and Dimitri are bad people... 0:)

B) .........Kinda tried to gloss over my Instinct idea there CJ :D

B) .........Kinda tried to gloss over my Instinct idea there CJ :D

I had to; I can't comment on future plot points, or the Echidna will turn me into a pincushion for giving spoilers! :ph34r:

So, with this, as with all future speculation, I have to keep my mouth shut regardless of whether the speculation is on or off target. The only exception would be if I needed to mention something that's already been in the text, such as the nukes needing to be workable for up to ten years. I can't say when, where, or if they;ll be used. Due to the prologue, we know they will reach final assembly, but beyond that, I cannot say. :)

Probably not too hard, as long as they don't use a horse-drawn vehicle. If they try that, they'll be stopped at the border. You can transport nukes (as long as you don't tell anyone) but not horses....

Hrmm, so this rules out horse-drawn nuclear delivery systems, then? 0:)

B) .........

"Can I came in?"

OOps.. :*)

Thanks for the heads-up; I'll edit that and send in a fixed version along with the next chapter. :)

Just in case anyone is unaware, our friend (and Zeta-reader) Bondwriter was, as mentioned in the credits, not working on this chapter (though he was willing; confusion and bad assumptions on my part were responsible...)

So, this one is well and truly my fault. :)

CJ

At least until the current Equine Influenza outbreak ends. :D

Hrmmm, does the law specifically exclude the use of horses as a method of interstate delivery of nuclear warheads? There would after all be little risk of spreading a virus due to the sterilizing effect of the detonation. :P

• Site Administrator
Hrmmm, does the law specifically exclude the use of horses as a method of interstate delivery of nuclear warheads? There would after all be little risk of spreading a virus due to the sterilizing effect of the detonation. :P

You obviously don't know a lot about politics. :P

When a law is made, they never worry about sensible fine detail exceptions like that (though I will note that the sterilisation effect requires that the nuclear weapons be actually detonated -- something that they might have other objections to). No, it's a blanket ban on the movement of horses or equine equipment (such as saddles, riding boots, whips, etc) across the state borders. So far the outbreak has been confined to Queensland and New South Wales, and everyone is keen for that to continue.

Thanks Conner!!!

I figured that after FTL, everyone would be expecting Brandon and Chase to keep getting interrupted.

I think that it was a cliffhanger by itself,, them not being interrupted.

Great chapter CJ, just like always I should add.

yeahhhhh they done it. It was fun the reaction of Helen when she realized that it would be their first time, she was like,,,,, what!! you haven't done it yet,,,, and then how she helped Brandon to choose the right outfit for the occasion.

I should say that being Chase, even if I knew it was just an act, I'd start to be jealous as the plan is for Brendan to act as if he has a "just a friend" girlfriend,, all there, kissing and walking arm in arms with Barbara.

There's one line that particularly caught my attention,,,

A few eyebrows were raised amongst the observers who noted that Chase, as usual, was unaccompanied, due to his staying close to Helen whose mere presence was enough to deter the groupies. What had seemed merely odd on the previous tour now aroused the curiosity of more than one reporter.

does that means that Chase will be outed soon, or at least rumors will start spreading... I'm hoping that, if that is the case, Brandon will stand by his side.

I hope to see some more of Jim and Linda when they'll be around las Vegas, as they are, at least for now, Brandon only remaining souvenir of his old life.

But Chase isn't shy? Granted the public might not know that, but somehow I doubt he has a shy image.

Scar will try using Instinct's equipment as a boarding pass to "other" nations.

Wow! That's quite a good idea! I mean it seems like it might be likely to me!

(not that the USA isn't, but I've heard stories about genetically modified goats with glowing red eyes living in Arizona -- scary)

:lol:

Due to the prologue, we know they will reach final assembly, but beyond that, I cannot say. :)

Hmm, I think perhaps I should re-read the prologue. I'm usually pretty good at remembering details, but I think I've forgotten most of it.

So far the outbreak has been confined to Queensland and New South Wales, and everyone is keen for that to continue.

Um, what outbreak? Everything okay?

Take care all and have a great day!

-Kevin

• Site Administrator
Um, what outbreak? Everything okay?

Equine Influenza -- also known as Horse Flu.

Sydney's Spring Racing Carnival was cancelled, as were most of the equestrian events throughout the country. With some exceptions, the movement of horses around the country has been banned, and even when they are allowed, the requirements (including vet certificates, etc) are prohibitive for most people.

I can get you lots of information, if you're interested (and if you are interested, I'm going to start to get worried). My wife is an amateur horse rider and one of the people affected. The horse-oriented forums here in Australia have had lots of discussions on the subject and she's been keeping up to date on the situation.

On the plus side, it has stopped any horse-drawn nuclear weapon delivery systems that The Scar had planned. He'll have to go for something different, like maybe a truck....

You obviously don't know a lot about politics. :P

When a law is made, they never worry about sensible fine detail exceptions like that (though I will note that the sterilisation effect requires that the nuclear weapons be actually detonated -- something that they might have other objections to). No, it's a blanket ban on the movement of horses or equine equipment (such as saddles, riding boots, whips, etc) across the state borders. So far the outbreak has been confined to Queensland and New South Wales, and everyone is keen for that to continue.

Ahhh! And there you might have The Scar's goal in mind! Pehaps his mission is altruistic; to rid Queensland of the Equine Flu? A few cobalt-enhanced-fallout nuclear weapons would surely do the trick by rendering the area lifeless? See, he's just trying to help..

Poor, misunderstood Scar.. 0:)

I think that it was a cliffhanger by itself,, them not being interrupted.

Great chapter CJ, just like always I should add.

yeahhhhh they done it. It was fun the reaction of Helen when she realized that it would be their first time, she was like,,,,, what!! you haven't done it yet,,,, and then how she helped Brandon to choose the right outfit for the occasion.

I should say that being Chase, even if I knew it was just an act, I'd start to be jealous as the plan is for Brendan to act as if he has a "just a friend" girlfriend,, all there, kissing and walking arm in arms with Barbara.

There's one line that particularly caught my attention,,,

does that means that Chase will be outed soon, or at least rumors will start spreading... I'm hoping that, if that is the case, Brandon will stand by his side.

I hope to see some more of Jim and Linda when they'll be around las Vegas, as they are, at least for now, Brandon only remaining souvenir of his old life.

Thanks!!!

I can't really answer any of the questions (or the Echidna will get me) but they are great qestions, and you won't have long to wait for them to be answered in the story. :)

Hmm, I think perhaps I should re-read the prologue. I'm usually pretty good at remembering details, but I think I've forgotten most of it.

I'll link it here for convenience... It's only six paragraphs. :)

To be honest, I haven't quite decided how to incorporate it into the text when that point is reached. It fits, but is it repetitive to have it in the chapter text verbatim? It's so short I don't think so, but I'm not sure on the "rules" of prologues.

• Site Administrator
I'll link it here for convenience... It's only six paragraphs. :)

To be honest, I haven't quite decided how to incorporate it into the text when that point is reached. It fits, but is it repetitive to have it in the chapter text verbatim? It's so short I don't think so, but I'm not sure on the "rules" of prologues.

I've seen print novels that repeat things from earlier chapters (or books) when it's relevant. You could include it, but I don't think you'll have to. The point in time is going to be fairly clear anyway, so just write about it like you normally would and just make sure it is consistent with what is written in the prologue. For example, have that chapter pick up immediately after the events in the prologue, with more information on what (presumable/hopefully) Vladimir does next.

I've seen print novels that repeat things from earlier chapters (or books) when it's relevant. You could include it, but I don't think you'll have to. The point in time is going to be fairly clear anyway, so just write about it like you normally would and just make sure it is consistent with what is written in the prologue. For example, have that chapter pick up immediately after the events in the prologue, with more information on what (presumable/hopefully) Vladimir does next.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I could always focus on another person in the room during that part, though make it clear what is going on.

BTW, the man in the prologue may, or may not, be Vladimir. :) Umm, that wan't a spoiler, I hope? :ph34r:

• Site Administrator

Okay, getting back on track....

Does anyone else find it suspicious that after this chapter was posted, with its reference to laptop batteries lasting 10 years, that C James started a thread elsewhere here at GA that asks a question about a laptop battery that is failing after only 6 years.

I found the coincidence disturbing....

Does anyone else find it suspicious that after this chapter was posted, with its reference to laptop batteries lasting 10 years, that C James started a thread elsewhere here at GA that asks a question about a laptop battery that is failing after only 6 years.

My thoughts exactly Graeme! Actually I think he even posted his thread prior to the chapter!

My thoughts exactly Graeme! Actually I think he even posted his thread prior to the chapter!

I wrote that chapter well before I knew of my laptop issues, so I think I can assure everyone that these items are unconnected. LoL.

I'll also mention that with the design Vladimir is using, a few batteries can fail without issue. :)

BTW, after much soul-searching, I've decided to emulate Tom Clancy on one respect; I'll be less than detailed on the bomb design. Although it's all out there in public literature, I'm going to leave out measurements, specs, and other things that aren't essential to the plot, and also would make the design a little too detailed for my comfort level. I'll describe the concept and how it works rather than giving dimensions and compositions. For example, I'll refrain from mentioning the ratios in the alloys, and leave a few ingredients out of the recipe for the two types of high explosive used.

• Site Moderator

I think that would be the ultimate cliffhanger to the story if the Queen of the Evilest Cliffhangers was to suddenly disappear because of describing and using bombs in great detail.

• Site Administrator
I wrote that chapter well before I knew of my laptop issues, so I think I can assure everyone that these items are unconnected. LoL.

Yeah, yeah. Sure. We believe you... :devil:

BTW, after much soul-searching, I've decided to emulate Tom Clancy on one respect; I'll be less than detailed on the bomb design. Although it's all out there in public literature, I'm going to leave out measurements, specs, and other things that aren't essential to the plot, and also would make the design a little too detailed for my comfort level. I'll describe the concept and how it works rather than giving dimensions and compositions. For example, I'll refrain from mentioning the ratios in the alloys, and leave a few ingredients out of the recipe for the two types of high explosive used.

A sensible approach. The danger of emulation is one that you have to be careful with. It's why I'm very cautious to approach the issue of suicide in my stories, too -- I would hate for someone to read one and decide it sounded like a good idea :(

I think that would be the ultimate cliffhanger to the story if the Queen of the Evilest Cliffhangers was to suddenly disappear because of describing and using bombs in great detail.

ACK! but, but, I never use cliffhangers, and I certainly don't want to become one by vanishing! :blink:

Yeah, yeah. Sure. We believe you... :devil:

A sensible approach. The danger of emulation is one that you have to be careful with. It's why I'm very cautious to approach the issue of suicide in my stories, too -- I would hate for someone to read one and decide it sounded like a good idea :(

I think there is a far higher risk of someone having the means of suicide at hand, as opposed to having a few kilograms of plutonium at hand, but I completely agree on suicide, and that's one reason I shy away from the subject in most cases in my stories.

On the bomb issue, I've long had an interest in nuclear engineering, and I'm trying to show in this story just how different a world nuclear engineering is. I did quite a bit of research to brush up my bad memory and fact-check myself, so I often find myself having to resist the urge to include excessive detail. Part of the problem is that as a reader, I love engineering detail in a story, so I tend to be overly inclined to include it when I write.

• Site Administrator
On the bomb issue, I've long had an interest in nuclear engineering, and I'm trying to show in this story just how different a world nuclear engineering is. I did quite a bit of research to brush up my bad memory and fact-check myself, so I often find myself having to resist the urge to include excessive detail. Part of the problem is that as a reader, I love engineering detail in a story, so I tend to be overly inclined to include it when I write.

You need a beta reader like what I've got. One of my beta readers tends to fall asleep during boring bits. His boyfriend tells me anytime that happens :P The system is working well :D

You need a beta reader like what I've got. One of my beta readers tends to fall asleep during boring bits. His boyfriend tells me anytime that happens :P The system is working well :D

ROFL!!!

I can see it now: Novels by CJ: A sure cure for insomnia!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..