Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play

No, no no! It's the leader of The Shadows who is saying "feel closer to god". A Shadow's God. Shadowgod!

See? It's an original Shadowgod Cliffhanger!!

And what is the leader of the shadows named? Steve! And he loves cliffs!! Yuppers, that's a shadowgod cliffhanger!

:whistle: .......Kinda stretching Shadowg_d's role here........

B) ...........Even I know that a tip to a bellman can get almost anything you want in a hotel (Just ask Jack @ Vegas) room, It is really not hard to figure this one out.

What? stretching Shadowgod's role? Not so! The leader of the shadows, by the name of steve (now who else could be the leader of the shadows other than shadowgod?) is extolling being on a cliff! Yes, clearly, what we have here is a shadowgod cliffhanger!

Actually, just to let everyone know; The Shadows were originally named "nightwing" in the original outline of this story from a few years ago. However, for a lot of reasons, I changed the name. I also changed the name of some characters, mainly to avoid the problem of similar-sounding names, but there may have been other reasons as well. 0:) However, the plot remains essentially unchanged. :)

Especially our beloved goat author :P

You are just plain mean and nasty. I was already wondering if something was going to happen when they went cliff climbing (assuming they actually get there), and those last two titles have very negative connotations.... I just hope they don't mean what I suspect they mean. :angry:

??? Huh? Me? I'm neither mean nor nasty... I'm just a swwet, innocent, quiet and shy goat, flailing away at a typwriter... And what could they mean? You know that my chapter titles are often sort of curveballs. Remember "the kiss"? It wasn't Brandon and Chase that kissed, but two straight guiys. LoL

And speaking of mean and Evil, I give you... The Echidna! Yes, he's put me in a catch22, and he knows it. For fear of his spines, I dare not comment on what is in upcoming chapters at all! He could have said anything about the upcoming chapters, no matter how henious, and I can't comment! Echidnas are sneaky like that, ya know.

:P

If it's what Graeme is suspecting (and me too), then I'm going to have roast goat as New year. Unless he withdraws and re-write happy-happy chapter. :D

Ieshwar

ACK! Roast Goat??? Oh no!!! Not that!!! Ieshwar!! Of course they will be happy-happy chapters!

Can he get some Kryton switches? :D

LoL! I've seen hotel staff acquire some rather odd requests (including a 3 am need to get a 12-foot snake) but I think Kryton switches might be a little out of their abilities. :lol:

I think that I have a pretty good idea behind the two chapters, and I have a funny suspicion that if you look further into the past chapter, the explanation of the names of Chapter 19 and 20 might be hidden there B) .

Hopefully this doesn't count as a spoiler, it's too damn cold outside to try and pull spines out of my body right now with mittens on. But since I'm not a alpha, beta, omega, delta, gamma, or zeta reader, I'm just guessing.

Steve

I will say this; I almost always place clues to coming chapters in prior ones (often going back two or three chapters).

B) ......Well, since CJ and the band are going to be in Vegas next week, we will have to wait and see :D

Vegas will be fun. :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Moderator
My god, what an ideal place to shamelessly plug my story. :P Brandon has to get a gold star for naivety. But he's a nice guy and got laid. The Shadow, Shadowgod, Steve...it's all ringing deja vu. Fun chapter.

Jack B)

It could also be an ideal date for Cray and Micheal to go to the concert.

Edited by TalonRider
You are just plain mean and nasty. I was already wondering if something was going to happen when they went cliff climbing (assuming they actually get there), and those last two titles have very negative connotations.... I just hope they don't mean what I suspect they mean. :angry:

Oh I agree, I don't really like the title "the show must go on". It has to much of a negative connotation. Who knows maybe they just had to replace the opening act,,

I think that I have a pretty good idea behind the two chapters, and I have a funny suspicion that if you look further into the past chapter, the explanation of the names of Chapter 19 and 20 might be hidden there B) .

Oh tell me, lol, I'm not good on reading little foreshadows in previous chapters, and I don't have any suspicions. Well I have one, but it's highly impossible as it would be too cruel to be it.

• Site Moderator

I'd contact CJ directly to get that information. I know of three authors that used characters from their stories in each others. One even did a spin off of another character that appeared. The authors were theeggman, Dewey, and Drake.

And besides if CJ answered you hear, we could accuse him of giving us a spoiler.

Jan

My god, what an ideal place to shamelessly plug my story. :P Brandon has to get a gold star for naivety. But he's a nice guy and got laid. The Shadow, Shadowgod, Steve...it's all ringing deja vu. Fun chapter.

Jack B)

Yes indeed... Shadows, Shadow's God, and Steve.. Yep, that's why we're calling Chapter 17 the Shadowgod Cliffhanger. :whistle:

B) .....Well, if CJ sends me tickets..... maybe an extra two for Cray & Micheal :P

Well, this story could be set in the very near future, so watch your mailbox. :lol:

Oh I agree, I don't really like the title "the show must go on". It has to much of a negative connotation. Who knows maybe they just had to replace the opening act,,

Oh tell me, lol, I'm not good on reading little foreshadows in previous chapters, and I don't have any suspicions. Well I have one, but it's highly impossible as it would be too cruel to be it.

"The Show must Go On has a negative connotation?? But, what if it was called "The show is canceled"? The title could be in reference to having to perform with some very nasty hangovers? I can't say any more, or the Echidna will get me, but look back over my chapter titles, especially "The Kiss". They can be rather misleading until you have seen the chapter. 0:)

Soo, hrmm, what can I say? Not much... Except to say

the Echidna won't let me say it

And besides if CJ answered you hear, we could accuse him of giving us a spoiler.

How true! Can't be too careful when it comes to anti-spoiler spines, now can ya? :ranger:

• Site Administrator
Great chapter! I can't wait to see who exactly will be hanging off a cliff (and if anyone will be charged with atempted murder.)

It sounds like you had the same thoughts as I did....

Great chapter! I can't wait to see who exactly will be hanging off a cliff (and if anyone will be charged with atempted murder.)

Thanks!!

Hanging off a cliff? I wouldn't do such a thing as that.... But, the next chapter should be online in just over 48 hours, and I'll let it speak for itself. :)

BTW, anyone have any speculation on just what, exactly, is motivating Steve? :)

It sounds like you had the same thoughts as I did....

Graeme!! You know I never use cliffhangers!!!

• Site Administrator
Graeme!! You know I never use cliffhangers!!!

Correction: I know you claim to never use cliffhangers. That's something completely different to what you said :P

Congratulations! :worship: You've passed a basic English reading test....

Echidna!!! :o:o :o :o :o How could you doubt me so?? :o:o :o :o :o

Aww, come on, why don't you believe me? Have I ever been anything less than 100% forthright? 0:)

Aww, come on, why don't you believe me? Have I ever been anything less than 100% forthright? 0:)

I would answer that question but since you said there is less than 48 hours (well, 47 now) to the next chapter, I wouldn't want to offend your delicate sensibilities to the point where the chapter might be late! :P

Steve

• Site Administrator

I'm pleased to announce that CJ has finally provided his definition of a cliffhanger in this thread.

I've linked to my reply, rather than his post, just in case he decided to edit his post.... :P

You'll also notice that, by his definition, LTMP chapter 7 was a cliffhanger. I didn't bother doing the same thing with any of the chapter in For The Love -- I'll let someone else have that fun.

Graeme :D

I would answer that question but since you said there is less than 48 hours (well, 47 now) to the next chapter, I wouldn't want to offend your delicate sensibilities to the point where the chapter might be late! :P

Steve

Aww, Steve, don't tell me that you doubt me too? :o

Now, hrmm, is it a spoiler to say a chapter isn't a cliffhanger? (said while eying the Echidna's spines warily...)

I really don't understand why you guys don't believe me when i say I never use cliffhangers. Why, I can point out posts in this forum where it's said that I never use cliffhangers... I'm definitly cliffhanger adverse, am I! :ph34r:

I'm pleased to announce that CJ has finally provided his definition of a cliffhanger in this thread.

I've linked to my reply, rather than his post, just in case he decided to edit his post.... :P

You'll also notice that, by his definition, LTMP chapter 7 was a cliffhanger. I didn't bother doing the same thing with any of the chapter in For The Love -- I'll let someone else have that fun.

Graeme :D

ACK! But, but, but... Let's not forget the factor of Shadowgod adding, enhancing, or otherwise creating cliffhangers during the beta! We must, after all, always remember and never forget that Shadowgod is the :king: King of Eeeevil Cliffhangers :king: !! This is, after all, the same Shadowgod who gave us LiS 26, the Mother of all Cliffhangers! And of course, countless cliffhangers before and since!

Now, do y'all remember (for those of you who have read it) FTL 37, where Steve is out having a friendly chat with his old pal the sheriff? Well, of course you don't, because instead, he's in the process of being executed, which, I do admit, could be construed as being somewhat... tense. Now, how did that happen? I think rule #1 pinned at the top of the forum covers it very well indeed.

:whistle:

• Site Administrator
I really don't understand why you guys don't believe me when i say I never use cliffhangers. Why, I can point out posts in this forum where it's said that I never use cliffhangers... I'm definitly cliffhanger adverse, am I! :ph34r:

And most, if not all, of those posts are by you. Since we've all accepted that you believe you don't use cliffhangers, those posts are meaningless. Of course, just because you believe you don't use cliffhangers does not mean you don't use cliffhangers -- just that you don't believe you do. :) Don't worry -- we still like you :wub:

And most, if not all, of those posts are by you. Since we've all accepted that you believe you don't use cliffhangers, those posts are meaningless. Of course, just because you believe you don't use cliffhangers does not mean you don't use cliffhangers -- just that you don't believe you do. :) Don't worry -- we still like you :wub:

But Graeme, What are we going to do? This line of reasoning that you are pursuing can only serve to fuel the scurrilous rumors that calim that I (shocking, isn't it?) do use cliffhangers@! That could cause false expectations!

Wouldn't it all be so much easier if we just blamed Shadowgod? :)

Or, hrrrrm, maybe we should blame you? I do recall one particularly devastating cliffhanger in Heart of the Tree, that the author himself said was like mowing down the reader with a machine gun (or words to that effect). Hrmmm, and you did object to Shadowgod's coronation as King of Eeeevil cliffhangers, so perhaps that was due to you seeking the title yourself?

Hrrrrm....

• Site Administrator

I don't think this conversation is going anywhere :D

I will state, for the record, that I have no interest in the title of King of Eeeevil Cliffhangers, just like I'm not interested in the title of Queen of the Evilest Cliffhangers. While I think poor Shadowgod has been poorly maligned by his title, it was confirmed by a narrow margin by the GA membership. I'm very happy, though, about the wide acclamation that C James received as the Queen of the Evilest Cliffhangers. A more deserving title would be hard to imagine.

I don't think this conversation is going anywhere :D

I will state, for the record, that I have no interest in the title of King of Eeeevil Cliffhangers, just like I'm not interested in the title of Queen of the Evilest Cliffhangers. While I think poor Shadowgod has been poorly maligned by his title, it was confirmed by a narrow margin by the GA membership. I'm very happy, though, about the wide acclamation that C James received as the Queen of the Evilest Cliffhangers. A more deserving title would be hard to imagine.

But Graeme, if y'all don't believe me when i say I never use cliffhangers, why should we believe you when you say you have no interest in absconding with Shadowgod's exalted title?

Speaking of Shadowgod, he's been missing lately so he hasn't been around to announce the title of chapter 18, which he named. (As I've often said, he adds things to the chapters). So, it looks like there will be no announcement of the chapter title this time. But, the chapter should be posted today. :)

But Graeme, if y'all don't believe me when i say I never use cliffhangers, why should we believe you when you say you have no interest in absconding with Shadowgod's exalted title?

Speaking of Shadowgod, he's been missing lately so he hasn't been around to announce the title of chapter 18, which he named. (As I've often said, he adds things to the chapters). So, it looks like there will be no announcement of the chapter title this time. But, the chapter should be posted today. :)

:wacko: ..........So we get a chapter with no title??? Sounds like a cliffhanger to me!! :P

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..