Write a paragraph in which every word starts with a vowel. Then write a second paragraph in which every word starts with a consonant.

:)

BeaStKid16.gif

Oh my goodness. I could never write two paragraphs like that. You may be asking the impossible (for me anyway). :P

Oh my goodness. I could never write two paragraphs like that. You may be asking the impossible (for me anyway). :P

Even I thought that my writing prompt number 24 was impossible. But people came up with it! I'm sure they'll manage this as well. :)

• Site Administrator

Don't expect long paragraphs....

In every endeavour, each individual adds only unilaterally. Overall, expect uneven additions, as individuals are independent and unique.

Conversely, collectively the result can be more than the sum. Positive feedback causes thoughts that would never have been considered without the collaboration by multiple participants.

The second paragraph was a lot easier than the first. Every time I wanted to use a word starting with a vowel, I just thought of alternatives, and there are a lot to choose from. Using only words starting with vowels made the first paragraph a little stilted.

Edited by Graeme
Write a paragraph in which every word starts with a vowel.
{A, E, I, O, U, & Y are the English vowels.}

"Eeek!" Alicia observed yet another artificial imitation animal, one of Ian's innumerably irresponsible inventions. Obviously it also escaped, even as Ian attempted avoidance of accountability. Alicia expressed irritation, yelling "Ian, you illegitimate evildoer! Assist us, immediately, or it's all on your excessively ample ass, as is absolutely appropriate!" Ian, oblivious as always, objected. "Is an argument your only objective, Alicia? Everything ought...." "Enough!" Alicia exclaimed. "It's over, and you're unwelcome Ian. You avoid all of us except anyone expressing 'yes, Ian, okay, Ian, alright, Ian.' You only expect adulation. You avoid accountability. After you've absolutely ignored all animal escapes, all of us, your associates, aren't accepting any other orders out of your yap. An age of unaccountability in our office is over! As I've informed you already, you're unwelcome, Ian. Exit immediately! And any additional utterances aren't appropriate, aren't accepted, aren't expected." Ian, eventually accepting answerability, and abashed, yet incensed about Alicia's affront and intolerable utterances, opened an adjoining entrance, and exited. Alicia exhaled, exhausted. "Alright, I'm asking everyone's assistance in ensnaring any additional escaped animals. I appreciate all of your efforts."

:lmao:

Colin B)

• Site Administrator

Nicely done, Ian, though you made your life easier by include Y in the set of vowels -- something that is not universally accepted. Y is typically treated as a part-time vowel -- and not every word you've used has Y as a vowel. Most use it as a consonant. :D In fact, I think all of them use it as a consonant....

An example of Y as a vowel would be "Cry" or "Rhythm". "You" is an example of Y as a consonant.

Nicely done, Ian, though you made your life easier by include Y in the set of vowels -- something that is not universally accepted. Y is typically treated as a part-time vowel -- and not every word you've used has Y as a vowel. Most use it as a consonant. :D In fact, I think all of them use it as a consonant....

An example of Y as a vowel would be "Cry" or "Rhythm". "You" is an example of Y as a consonant.

There are some authorities who accept Y as a vowel at all times. I accept the position of those authorities! And, since no limitations were stated in the instructions, I say :P!

Colin B)

Inwardly emotional and outwardly arrogant, I ask your absolution. Absolve, yet avoid acceptance. I am above your egalitarian ideals. I yearn in isolation; oblivious of your useless unity. Unity - an oft obscured ideal. Unity - instead of achievement. I attain undreamt of exploits, alone. All alone. You - all of you, in 'unity' - inquire into unchartered oceans, and you are at an end. I inquire into equally abyssal apses - all alone - and I unearth an apogee of intellectual accomplishment. You are allowed only absolution. Ignore everything else; your eyes aren't allowed up at an apex of eremitic ability. Enjoy your average existences.

Do not think to temper my drive, my relentless pursuit towards greatness. The canaille that seeks to hold me back represents naught but the lowest common denominator; those who know nothing greater than their miserable lives. My life - with limitless possibilities - soars, while their mediocrity tries to force me back down to their level. No more will their chains forged from pedestrian notions regarding co-called 'fairness' keep me shackled to humanity, which rejects personal triumphs. Let me go, humanity, for my genius shall not be constrained.

EDIT: If we reject Y as a vowel, here is a a modified version which does not use y.

Inwardly emotional and outwardly arrogant, I ask absolution. Absolve, and avoid acceptance. I am above egalitarian ideals. I ache in isolation; oblivious of our offspring's useless unity. Unity - an oft obscured ideal. Unity - instead of achievement. I attain undreamt of exploits, alone. All alone. Others - in 'unity' - inquire into unchartered oceans, and attain only an unsuccessful end. I inquire into equally abyssal apses - all alone - and I unearth an apogee of intellectual accomplishment. I ask only absolution. Ignore everything else; others' eyes aren't allowed up at an apex of eremitic ability. Enjoy an average existence.

Just to show that I can eliminate Graeme's complaint (with which I don't agree), Here's a non-Y variant:

"Eeek!" Alicia observed another artificial imitation animal, one of animal experimentation assistant Ulrich's innumerably irresponsible inventions. Obviously it also escaped, even as Ulrich attempted avoidance of accountability. Alicia expressed irritation, "Ulrich is always an illegitimate evildoer! Assist us, immediately Ulrich, or it's all on an irritating assistant

• Site Administrator

You're both better than me. There is no way I could do such long paragraphs with only words starting with A, E, I, O and U :worship: Congratulations!

You're both better than me. There is no way I could do such long paragraphs with only words starting with A, E, I, O and U :worship: Congratulations!

Please give Menzo and extra big :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: for also providing a long related paragraph with words beginning only with consonants. Bravo!

Colin B)