[Libby Drew] Running Far Afield - By Libby Drew

As usual, good things happen when I listen to Sharon. She told me to read "Running Far Afield" So I meandered into your site (didn't knock...sorry :D ) Wow. What a great story. You are so very talented! :2thumbs:

Thanks! And the feeling's totally mutual. Also, I've got an open-door policy, no need to knock. As long as you're not shocked at what you might see. :P

• 1 month later...

First impression: Wow... just wow! :-)

Excellent story! I enjoyed every line of it! :2thumbs:

I like the development, how they were shy and only little step, one after another they tried the touches and then they ended up wanting more and more and MORE! :D And because there are fairy tale features in the story, I hope they live happily ever after! :king:

I just found Running Far Afield. It's wonderful. Libby Drew develops her protagonists Aaron and Chris so they are real. Even the minor characters, Mr. Dickson and Aaron's father, are well rounded and realistic. Aaron's mother is drawn as a cardboard cutout, and that's perfect, the ideal way to define her.

Not many stories work when they are read a second or third time. Running Far Afield is a story I'll return to read, and I'll enjoy it every time.

Bravo, Libby!

Colin B)

Firstly, thank you all for reading and commenting. Each time I get a review on this story, it makes my day a little brighter. It's always been special to me.

First impression: Wow... just wow! :-)

Excellent story! I enjoyed every line of it! :2thumbs:

I like the development, how they were shy and only little step, one after another they tried the touches and then they ended up wanting more and more and MORE! :D And because there are fairy tale features in the story, I hope they live happily ever after! :king:

I love a good fairy tale. :D And I'm a sucker for happy endings. We don't see enough of them in real life. Thanks for your feedback, glad the pace of the developing relationship worked for you. :2thumbs:

Sigh... it was beautiful.

Thank you. :wub:

I just found Running Far Afield. It's wonderful. Libby Drew develops her protagonists Aaron and Chris so they are real. Even the minor characters, Mr. Dickson and Aaron's father, are well rounded and realistic. Aaron's mother is drawn as a cardboard cutout, and that's perfect, the ideal way to define her.

Not many stories work when they are read a second or third time. Running Far Afield is a story I'll return to read, and I'll enjoy it every time.

Bravo, Libby!

Colin B)

Thanks, Colin! :D You pegged Aaron's mother. That's exactly what she is. Flat, through and through -- completely uninvolved. And sadly, too often a reality. I'm thrilled you enjoyed the story. Again, thanks for reading. Take care.

• 2 months later...

I've just finished reading it. I've not read anything of yours before and now I will have to read everything. It was really good and I was completely hooked. It brought back some of my own youth (I'm 75 next month) and expressed the feelings of increasing attraction when one is unsure of either oneself or the person one is interested in.

Thank you very much.

Anthony

I've just finished reading it. I've not read anything of yours before and now I will have to read everything. It was really good and I was completely hooked. It brought back some of my own youth (I'm 75 next month) and expressed the feelings of increasing attraction when one is unsure of either oneself or the person one is interested in.

Thank you very much.

Anthony

Thank you, Anthony. :D A comment on this story always brings a smile to my face. I always try to remember how all-encompassing these kinds of feelings can be. For kids especially, it's an intense time. I'm glad you enjoyed the story. Thanks again for the feedback. :D

• 3 months later...

I read this when it was posted on gayauthors however many years ago and I find myself coming back to read it time and again. The subtlety is superb. Like others have mentioned the imagery is just enough that I envision your world with my spin on it. The settings aren't these null voids of white space; instead I can see it vividly. I enjoy your writing style immensely and look forward to seeing more of your work.

• Like 1

I read this when it was posted on gayauthors however many years ago and I find myself coming back to read it time and again. The subtlety is superb. Like others have mentioned the imagery is just enough that I envision your world with my spin on it. The settings aren't these null voids of white space; instead I can see it vividly. I enjoy your writing style immensely and look forward to seeing more of your work.

Thank you very much. That you revisit the story is the greatest compliment of all.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.