Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let The Music Play 25: Fact Finding

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator
As for the dust, I would have thought that it's a drought period, when no car wash is available.

Commerical car washes that recycle their water are still permitted. Indeed, their business has picked up during the drought because water restrictions mean people aren't washing their cars at home.

The glossed-over key in this chapter was the point when one of the brothers makes a suggestion to call Lump. Hmmmm?

I saw that, but I also noticed that they aren't going to do that until they're back in the USA, so it's a long way down the track.

There's one thing that I'm not sure about -- is the Range Rover a hire vehicle or owned by The Scar? If it's the former, then Jerry may not return to the resort with it, especially as the guys won't be staying there. He may return the hire vehicle, fly to wherever he needs to go next (such as Perth for the next concert) and then hire a new car when he's next in Brisbane.

Which has the lowest security risk? It's a toss up, but I suspect he owns the vehicle, since he's got to do a lot of traveling in the area. A paper trail of hire vehicles, even if they are in fictitious names, would be the greater risk, I think.

Another great chapter, yup :)

I remember how my rental car looked like after driving through the Grampians National Park (they charged me extra for cleaning... it wasn't a 4wd an actually i wasn't allowed to go on dirt roads with it.. but well, its Australia, you have to go on dirt roads sometimes 0:);) ).

Yea, the Scar really is a mean character. And as Eric (and now the rest of the band as well) is already suspicious, his acting makes him even more questionable.

I liked the way Eric teased him to find out if he really is gay :P I am sure my reaction would have been different :*):rolleyes:

I hope the GPS will be able to pick up a satellite signal under the hood of the car... that can be a problem.

The glossed-over key in this chapter was the point when one of the brothers makes a suggestion to call Lump. Hmmmm?

yes, i saw that too.. CJ just always has to build in little "cliffhangers" everywhere, doesn't he :P We might have to wait a while for that one to resolve.

Well, at least the next chapter will be up next week :)

nice chapter.... loved the double meanings of J/S.... Eric's a tease!!! :wub:

Brandon, I thought, would have been a little bit more difficult to convince about Jerry considering he is the most sensible/mature of the lot.

I can see that Scar is slipping a lot lately...maybe the stress of dealing with Vlad is catching up with him... :P

Awesome chapter yet again, CJ.

A customary cliffhanger/tense ending was found as usual. After all, what could Jerry aka The Scar do?? :raisedeyebrow with a smirk:

BeaStKid :devil:

hey, great chapter as always !!! :worship:

I like how we now know where the name of the band comes from. About the GSP, I really sure hope that Jerry won't be able to discover it accidently. It would so give him the little push toward killing the band sooner rather than later if he was still undecided,,,

About Eric test to see if Jerry is truly really gay,,, we can see from 2 ways. first, Jerry was too concentrated at wanting to know the info he needed to realize that Eric was "hitting" on him. Secondly, one could simply say that Jerry can't possibly be interested in Eric,,, :P

hey, great chapter as always !!! :worship:

I like how we now know where the name of the band comes from. About the GSP, I really sure hope that Jerry won't be able to discover it accidently. It would so give him the little push toward killing the band sooner rather than later if he was still undecided,,,

About Eric test to see if Jerry is truly really gay,,, we can see from 2 ways. first, Jerry was too concentrated at wanting to know the info he needed to realize that Eric was "hitting" on him. Secondly, one could simply say that Jerry can't possibly be interested in Eric,,, :P

B) ...............I'm sure the "Scar" was interested in getting a hit on Eric, I think Eric's test went over way over Jerry's head, he probably assumed it was the tequila that was making Eric act weird. :P

B) ...............I'm sure the "Scar" was interested in getting a hit on Eric, I think Eric's test went over way over Jerry's head, he probably assumed it was the tequila that was making Eric act weird. :P

The Scar was obviously oblivious about what Eric was doing. Obviously, they are inching closer to the truth. That was a great chapter. I can't wait until the next one comes out! :D

If Eric knows that there's something wrong with Jerry, he should know better than "what's the worst he could do" :P ,,,, ahhh if only he knew what he is up against.

It may be a ploy to be cruel to Eric once again. As a member of SPiCE, I object most sincerely. There is not doubt that The Scar is capable of cruelty and evil. Eric is being too cocky about it. He's going to get into trouble again. I can smell the evil cliffhanger already. :P

• Site Administrator

I too, liked the opening the story :P . I picked up on something else early on, but don't know if I'm wrong on this or not, but we may have got a glimpse of CJ's personal life. Do you remember this:

Plopping himself into a recliner, Eric tried his best to look picked on, but no one was buying it.

I wonder if our beloved goat gets this expression every time he checks into the forums :lmao: .

As far as the GPS being on the Range Rover, I think the guys from Instinct should be really concerned about their longevity themselves. If you recall last time J/S left the resort with Dimitri, they stopped and did a complete sweep of the vehicle for any bugs or locating devices. I imagine J/S will be doing the same this time, and since he most likely will find the GPS, that he himself helped Brandon pick out, it will be obvious on where it came from. I think things are going to heat up very quickly down under. :o

Another thing that kind of concerns me, is that Brandon is the only one who really is questioning Eric's "feelings". Brandon is going along with the brothers ideas, but I have a feeling he is going to figure things out before they do.

BK, and MilkeL eluded to J/S as slipping. I am beginning to wonder if he is such a evil mastermind (to anyone besides himself), or if really he is being followed and monitored all along. Could Dimitri actually be working for the "good guys' and keeping an eye on J/S? Will we soon find out that J/S won't be moving onto Paraguay but in fact they are waiting for him down in Guantanamo instead.

Great chapter CJ, and please don't kill off any of the band members before the concert. I wouldn't want Graeme to be disappointed :D . and not be able to give a first hand review of the show.

Steve B)

• Site Administrator
I imagine J/S will be doing the same this time, and since he most likely will find the GPS, that he himself helped Brandon pick out, it will be obvious on where it came from.

Unless the GPS was engraved or a really unusual model, all it would tell The Scar is that it was the same model that Jerry helped him pick out. Given that that was a month or more go (they have finished their European tour in the meantime), The Scar will probably be uncertain as to the exact model he helped them pick out (I know I couldn't remember the exact model of something I saw only once a month or more earlier), though Jerry did know something about GPS systems, since he directed Eric away from the poorer model the salesman was originally trying to sell him, so it's possible.

It will raise his suspicions, and he may ask Chase if he could "borrow" his GPS as a way of checking to see if Chase still has is, but it's certainly not conclusive evidence against the boys. Strong evidence, but not conclusive.

The Scar will probably be uncertain as to the exact model he helped them pick out (I know I couldn't remember the exact model of something I saw only once a month or more earlier),

You all seem to now consider the Scar a big f...ck up. Nevertheless, he's a CJ character. Enough said, you all see what I mean. And I DO hope you've got nothing to see with this guy, Graeme. He WILL remember what precise model of GPS he bought. CJ'll make sure of this. Trust him. He's the Queen of Evilest Cliffhangers, so this is way too tempting...

As a Zeta-reader, I have some privileges, and thus am able to give you an unauthorized sneak peek into chapter 27. You don't even want to know what's featured in 26.

As The Scar looked underneath the hood to see if the collision with the kangaroo could have caused major damage, his eyes were attracted to something. Something that shouldn't have been there. He reached with his hand, and his iron grip tore off the device fixed to the frame wirth duct tape.

"Damn! The GPS I got this dumb gay singer to buy for his even gayer and lame drummer of a pansy boyfriend. These meddling bastards are next on my list. At last I'll reach 5,000, which will make the guys at the Evil Villains Club green with jealousy! Mwahahah!"

You all seem to now consider the Scar a big f...ck up. Nevertheless, he's a CJ character. Enough said, you all see what I mean. And I DO hope you've got nothing to see with this guy, Graeme. He WILL remember what precise model of GPS he bought. CJ'll make sure of this. Trust him. He's the Queen of Evilest Cliffhangers, so this is way too tempting...

As a Zeta-reader, I have some privileges, and thus am able to give you an unauthorized sneak peek into chapter 27. You don't even want to know what's featured in 26.

B) ...............I don't see it, nope, no cliffhanger there!!

• Site Administrator

And as a beta-reader, I read chapter 28 last night... :P Being a beta-reader is one of the reasons I'm not posting as much as I used to. I have future story information now and I don't want to post something that might inadvertently reveal something in a future chapter.

But back on the subject of the GPS, even if he remembers the exact model, we would need to know the popularity of that model to know if it is damning evidence against Chase. If it didn't sell a lot (or if it isn't sold in Australia), then it would be a very strong pointer to Instinct. On the other hand, if it was a very popular model, it wouldn't be as strong indicator. The Scar would still be suspicious, but he appears to need Instinct as a cover for transporting the bombs, and he won't jeopardise that on just a suspicion.

And as a beta-reader, I read chapter 28 last night... :P Being a beta-reader is one of the reasons I'm not posting as much as I used to. I have future story information now and I don't want to post something that might inadvertently reveal something in a future chapter.

So, on one hand you applaud The Scar's tricks wholeheartedly, but on the other one your ethos prevents you from giving away spoilers. Come on, Graeme, yield to the Dark Side, and let us know what to expect from our favorite evil goat's mind. Pulllease?

• Site Administrator
So, on one hand you applaud The Scar's tricks wholeheartedly, but on the other one your ethos prevents you from giving away spoilers. Come on, Graeme, yield to the Dark Side, and let us know what to expect from our favorite evil goat's mind. Pulllease?

Okay, since you asked so nicely....

Chapter 28 contains lots of words. One of those words is "sex". Another is "Brandon" and another is "Chase". I know that might be considered a spoiler, but since I appear to be the final arbitrator on that subject, I think I'll let myself get away with it :mace:

Okay, since you asked so nicely....

Chapter 28 contains lots of words. One of those words is "sex". Another is "Brandon" and another is "Chase". I know that might be considered a spoiler, but since I appear to be the final arbitrator on that subject, I think I'll let myself get away with it :mace:

I hope you feel much nicer after this confession, and giving away so many spoilers, Brother Graeme. I'll calm down now, since we've not reached page 2 yet, hence not having gotten to this silly period in the week.

• Site Administrator
Jon bought the GPS, not Brandon.

That's why CJ uses a zeta-reader -- to pick up continuity errors like that :) Oh, and it was Eric that bought the GPS, not Jon. Jon bought the camera :P

Back to the story, I've noticed that the other guys have come to rely on Brandon whenever they need something practical done, or to put a bit of common-sense into the situation. Brandon hasn't commented on it yet, but does anyone think it'll eventually get to the point where he blows up at Jon and Eric and tells them to do something for themselves? While they are better now, Jon and Eric have past form with taking advantage of others (look at how they tried to get out of Charity's blackmail, and earlier when Chase decided to practise his drums in their room after a heavy night of drinking....)

Edited by Graeme

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..