Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Chapter 27

MikeL

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally,,, I can post my comments! Loved the chapter. Sounds like the video and pictures will be very nice :wub:

What happened both Eric and Jon got with the same lady for more than one day! :D I'm getting impressed. Tho in this chapter we learn that Eric simply ain't ready for a relationship, so he's not looking for one either.

What about Joe Clump. The poor boy he doesn't even remember his own name, :( that's a shame. Tho I have a question, wouldn't the front desk know who's been renting the room? Ain't he known enough so that people woulda been able to say, that's Joe Clump? (Tho I'm guessing that we don't remember as much old band member, specially if he wasn't into much exposure...)

Finally,,, I can post my comments! Loved the chapter. Sounds like the video and pictures will be very nice :wub:

What happened both Eric and Jon got with the same lady for more than one day! :D I'm getting impressed. Tho in this chapter we learn that Eric simply ain't ready for a relationship, so he's not looking for one either.

What about Joe Clump. The poor boy he doesn't even remember his own name, :( that's a shame. Tho I have a question, wouldn't the front desk know who's been renting the room? Ain't he known enough so that people woulda been able to say, that's Joe Clump? (Tho I'm guessing that we don't remember as much old band member, specially if he wasn't into much exposure...)

Depends on the "establishment" Less scrupulous entities could care who rents the room. They don't want to know what its being rented for and by whom. the only thing they care about is the money, as witnessed by their willingness to help him out.

• Site Moderator

I'd love to see those photo's and video.

What struck me as odd, was Eric's comment.

With a happy laugh of his own, Eric said,
  • Site Administrator

If you back to the chapter when he made his re-appearance, he didn't recognise himself when he saw his reflection, so why should anyone else recognise him? There's also no evidence he used his real name when he booked into that place, even if they bothered with things like that.

Helen certainly had her revenge on the boys. I have to wonder though -- when did she develop such a mean streak? Of course, all the gay guys who'll be watching the video when it comes out won't be complaining.....

The chapter should have been titled, The Return of the Speedos. :P Kudos to CJ: everyone got their just rewards at the end of the day without complications.

One must ponder when and what Joe will eventually remember. It has to be something connecting his father and a Russian past. Hmmmm?

Can we order the video? Fun chapter.

Jack B)

• Site Administrator

What a great chapter!!

We had a lot of words (I believe it was a longer chapter than normal), we had tons of speedo scenes, we had a glimpse into the mind of Vladimir, we got a snapshot of Joe's current state, and we got the paparazzi getting nailed by Eric again. :2thumbs: It had a bit of everything for everyone.

I went back and read this chapter a second time, hopefully CJ doesn't mind me saying that he gives us some great clues (IMHO) which are not as obvious as the ones he just came out and told us about

But as a true great author, he really didn't give us too much information. Things like where are the bombs going to be transported to? Who exactly in the US is J/S going to get the money from to buy off the generals in Paraguay? How will Vladimir not only have some extra riches, but will ensure he will survive his planned demise? What could have caused Joe to suddenly get amnesia? Will anything come to the bartender who tipped off the paparazzi? Why the change in J/S, where he suddenly didn't allude to offing the Instinct gang?

I really like the way this story is heating up. Not only with the guys all in speedos, but with the introduction of Vladimir's point of view on things as well.

Can't we have a late Valentines present and get the next chapter tonight? Please, please, please!

Steve B)

I'd love to see those photo's and video.

What struck me as odd, was Eric's comment. Notice how he didn't get gender specific.

Not specifying gender is common for bisexuals. However, others might say the same thing. Then again, maybe Helen wanted him to say that for some reason.

Wow, I figured that Lump would have a good dose of karma, but he seems to have gotten a raw deal. :(

Great chapter, CJ!

Not specifying gender is common for bisexuals. However, others might say the same thing. Then again, maybe Helen wanted him to say that for some reason.

Wow, I figured that Lump would have a good dose of karma, but he seems to have gotten a raw deal. :(

Great chapter, CJ!

Can't say much more that someone else hasn't already said, so I'll just leave you with a "Wonderful Chapter!"

Like always hehe keep up the great work CJ!

I already sent the first half of this to CJ via PM. I had only read the first half of the chapter at that point but we were discussing something else so I addressed my comments to him.

I'm halfway through the newest chapter of LTMP. Poor Lump. I really do feel sorry for him. Vladimir is gonna wind up getting killed just for what he's done to try to enrich and protect himself; I can just feel it. Of course he might get killed anyway, but this will make things much worse if someone discovers it. I was relieved a scan of the Land Rover didn't divulge the GPS device. Some of them do send out signals and if this one did it would have been detected. You really had me worried about that when Dimitri's cellphone interfered with the scanning. The jungle scene video was classic trashy boy band stuff. I'm a little disappointed in you for letting Helen do that to them. She's doing stuff like that more frequently and it keeps getting more risque each time. I'm starting to not like her as a manager. On the bright side I'm glad everything seems to be OK with the brothers and Brandon. And especially with Brandon and Chase. Keep up the good work my friend.

OK, I finished the chapter.

Once again Eric makes trouble for the paparazzi. You've gotta love that. No real harm done but at least the boys got some time to themselves. They deserved it!

I also noticed Eric's non-gender specific comment about some future relationship. That's really got me wondering. Does he see how much happier Brandon and Chase are and wondering if a committed relationship with a guy is something he could handle? Is there no real significance to the lack of a gender reference? Or is it just CJ toying with us in lieu of a cliffhanger in this chapter? I guess we'll have to wait. :lol:

I also noticed Eric's non-gender specific comment about some future relationship. That's really got me wondering. Does he see how much happier Brandon and Chase are and wondering if a committed relationship with a guy is something he could handle? Is there no real significance to the lack of a gender reference? Or is it just CJ toying with us in lieu of a cliffhanger in this chapter? I guess we'll have to wait. :lol:

That is a great point. That is a cliffhanger, though a subtle one. He pointed out some subtle cliffhangers in one of my stories, so this time it is my turn. :D

I'm halfway through the newest chapter of LTMP. Poor Lump. I really do feel sorry for him. Vladimir is gonna wind up getting killed just for what he's done to try to enrich and protect himself; I can just feel it. Of course he might get killed anyway, but this will make things much worse if someone discovers it. I was relieved a scan of the Land Rover didn't divulge the GPS device. Some of them do send out signals and if this one did it would have been detected. You really had me worried about that when Dimitri's cellphone interfered with the scanning. The jungle scene video was classic trashy boy band stuff. I'm a little disappointed in you for letting Helen do that to them. She's doing stuff like that more frequently and it keeps getting more risque each time. I'm starting to not like her as a manager. On the bright side I'm glad everything seems to be OK with the brothers and Brandon. And especially with Brandon and Chase. Keep up the good work my friend.

First, about Vladimir,,, well that's only right for him to do that. I mean he's not as stupid as he's been made up to be.. He knows that the chances are that he won't get paid. So he's working on something that will ensure at least his survival.

About the jungle scene,, that's kinda right. We know for sure that the band doesn't do pop. In an earlier chapter Helen mentioned to Brandon that one song was too pop that he'd be laughed out of the stage playing that. Well, I gotta agree the jungle thing, as much as it sounds hot, sounds also a little sugar, teen oriented market.

The non gender specific didn't got me worried, nor thinking. I don't think I even noticed it on the first read. Now thinking about it, I don't think it was made with intention. At least not to say that he's bi and that he'd want to end up with a guy

First, about Vladimir,,, well that's only right for him to do that. I mean he's not as stupid as he's been made up to be.. He knows that the chances are that he won't get paid. So he's working on something that will ensure at least his survival.

Admittedly once his job is done it's likely J/S is gonna kill him. But if he gets caught doing things to ensure his survival it's guaranteed he will be killed when he's no longer needed.

About the jungle scene,, that's kinda right. We know for sure that the band doesn't do pop. In an earlier chapter Helen mentioned to Brandon that one song was too pop that he'd be laughed out of the stage playing that. Well, I gotta agree the jungle thing, as much as it sounds hot, sounds also a little sugar, teen oriented market.

I was worried people would be mad at me for making that comment. It's a relief to know I'm not alone in feeling the way I do. Thanks.

That is a great point. That is a cliffhanger, though a subtle one. He pointed out some subtle cliffhangers in one of my stories, so this time it is my turn.

;)

Edit Reason: I really screwed-up the quotes the first time around!

Edited by GaryInMiami
Admittedly once his job is done it's likely J/S is gonna kill him. But if he gets caught doing things to ensure his survival it's guaranteed he will be killed when he's no longer needed.

I was worried people would be mad at me for making that comment. It's a relief to know I'm not alone in feeling the way I do. Thanks.

Tho, for Vlad., either way he's getting an early retirement plan...

Don't worry about people getting mad at you,, that was a opinion, and you didn't aimed it at any specific member, therefore no one can get mad.

And you're totally right,, I know it's not exactly the case,, but in my heads, with all that's been doing lately, ,they come out a little too much like NSYNC and Backstreets boys to me

Wow, thanks everyone!

I'm a bit rushed for time (My internet connection keeps fading out) so I'll just adress a couple of points for now;

Shadowgod has it right on the "hotel" Joe Clump was in. A dive like that doesn't check ID, or ask for names. As long as they are paid in advance they don't care. Its a flop house, just like where Brandon was staying before joining the band. :)

I already sent the first half of this to CJ via PM. I had only read the first half of the chapter at that point but we were discussing something else so I addressed my comments to him.

Thanks Gary!

I didn't think of it at the time, but you may be right about the island video shoot. I was thinking of similar "skin exposure" videao I've seen, such as the hotter members of a band shirtless, or even in bed, and also rolling stone's penchant for "showing skin" of its hotter cover guys. I also recall that Mick Jagger did a cover of RS nude, with his hand over his crotch, a few years ago and he was around 50 at the time. And, i know its going back a few years, but remember Guns n' Roses, Axl liked to perform in his underwear, and there was often a lot of skin in their videos.

I'm not current with music videos, so I don't know what the style is at the moment. I do remember some hot videos a couple of years ago, but, a jungle one? Okay, I must, in honesty, concede the point; that may have been going too far on my part.

Hellen's motive, though, was money; its her job to market the band, and a lot of younger talent does appear frequently in teen mags, etc. Blame me for this one, not Helen. :)

BTW, I always welcome criticism; things like this make me think. Thank you. :)

Tho, for Vlad., either way he's getting an early retirement plan...

Don't worry about people getting mad at you,, that was a opinion, and you didn't aimed it at any specific member, therefore no one can get mad.

And you're totally right,, I know it's not exactly the case,, but in my heads, with all that's been doing lately, ,they come out a little too much like NSYNC and Backstreets boys to me

Good point. I definitly DON'T want instinct coming across as any form of boyband, so I'll be more careful of that aspect in future.

So far, they've had the RS photoshoot, and that was quite "normal" for rockers, and after than the music video and photo shoot was their next PR type event. Hrmm, wait a sec, I'm forgetting something. Ahh, in the "when in Rome" chapter, it mentions in passing a TV special they had done, but gives no specifics.

Are there other aspects beyond the Carlisle Island shoot that make them look "Boybandish"? If so please let me know so i can fix it. :)

Thanks!!!

CJ

Here's my take on the boy band scenario, CJ.

Instinct is not a boy band or a pop band, and I'm glad you want it to be that way. They're a rock band and that's been made very clear before.

A rock band, or one of its members, being scantily clad on the cover of RS, on stage, or in a teen magazine is perfectly acceptable. Mick and Axl (and Instinct) are perfect examples of that.

It's even acceptable in a music video up to a point. Mature, steamy, sexy scenes are great. Posing on the beach in Speedos with surfboards is fine. Swinging from vines in loincloths is totally uncool.

Since it's been made clear that the most recent videos and stills are to be mixed with concert videos, perhaps there's a chance to salvage what's been done. If a brief shot of one or more of the boys in the jungle, sans vine swinging, can be blended contextually with a song's theme and a video of the performance then I think you'll be alright. But you'll need to let us visualize one of these videos at some point otherwise you're stuck with what's been done.

I think Carlisle Island is the only time you've really stepped over the line. Just be careful about too many videos and photos where the boys are scantily clad. They really need to be recognized as serious rockers and appear in suitable attire as they've done in the past.

Hopefully others will offer some objective advice as well. You offer us so much and ask for so little in return. I think it's the least we can do to help guide you when you make it clear you need some help.

:)

Edited by GaryInMiami
  • Site Administrator

Okay, one of those times to date myself :P .

I honestly had one video in mind the entire time I was reading about the jungle video for Instinct.

And that was "Union of the Snake" by Duran Duran. Now technically they were labeled as New Wave and not pop, but in their case I would put them in the poop category.

If I recall the video correctly it involved all the members of the band, wearing little more than cargo shorts trampling through a jungle.

Just my thoughts :D

Steve B)

Edit: Okay ignore this entire post, found the video and it has them fully dressed in a desert. Hmm, wondering what I was thinking :D

Edited by wildone

Having lived the past 3 years in a fraternity where about half the house is gay, I would say it's common for even the breeders amongst us to stick with non-specific terms like "person," "partner," or "significant other" in place of "boyfriend" or "girlfriend." Given his proximity to Brandon and Chase and his exposure to the music industry, I wouldn't be surprised if Eric's speaking habits have him using non-specific terms all the time, even about himself or someone whose orientation is definitely known.

I don't think there's much mystery to Joe's amnesia, either - again, having lived in a fraternity, I've seen what some hard drugs can do. Specifically, I've seen one hit of acid send a friend of mine into a mental hospital for several months. Given the concoction Lump was on, there's no need for any "alternative" explanation for the amnesia.

There seemed to be some hints in the last couple of chapters that a lot of people are missing; I think people are looking for cliffhangers in all the wrong places ...

Throwing caution to the wind because he thought they were alone, Brandon hugged Chase before letting him go and beginning to tell him about the flight and the interview.
Brandon walked side-by-side with Chase through a sinuous maze of paved pathways that wound their way through the tropical foliage.
The following morning, after bidding farewell to the girls, Jon and Eric pounded on Brandon and Chase
  • Site Administrator
I thought more people would call the quote from ch26 a cliffhanger, since it's in the last section and implies things are about to blow up in B&C's faces. The quotes from ch27 also imply they might have been caught - they walk around like a couple when we know the paparazzi has been tipped off; and their "appointment" excuse only lasted for getting out of the bar - it would be harder and harder to hide their couple status as Eric's and Jon's girls saw B&C not picking up girls each night.

I've noticed the wording, too, and wondered how long the two are going to get away with it. It's really only the paparazzi they need to worry about. Being gay in the music industry doesn't have as much stigma anymore. It's only photographic proof that is likely to cause problems.

On the last, though, Brandon is portrayed as Barbra's boyfriend, and that explains him -- he's being loyal. There was an attempt to make Linda Chase's girlfriend, but I have my doubts as to the effectiveness of that. When combined with images that make them look like a couple, some tabloid is definitely going to bite and put it up as a theory.

Okay, one of those times to date myself :P .

I honestly had one video in mind the entire time I was reading about the jungle video for Instinct.

And that was "Union of the Snake" by Duran Duran. Now technically they were labeled as New Wave and not pop, but in their case I would put them in the poop category.

I assume the word "poop" was intentional. :D

I've noticed the wording, too, and wondered how long the two are going to get away with it. It's really only the paparazzi they need to worry about. Being gay in the music industry doesn't have as much stigma anymore. It's only photographic proof that is likely to cause problems.

On the last, though, Brandon is portrayed as Barbra's boyfriend, and that explains him -- he's being loyal. There was an attempt to make Linda Chase's girlfriend, but I have my doubts as to the effectiveness of that. When combined with images that make them look like a couple, some tabloid is definitely going to bite and put it up as a theory.

I think that the fact that they both played being in a couple with a girl while being together can hurt them more than the fact that they are gay

I think one can draw many conclusions from seeing a guy and girl together, even if it looks like they might be a couple. In many cases I think it would be detrimental for an entire rock band to be seen as "already taken". It sort of puts a damper on the fan's fantasies if they know their favorite "pretty boy" is already taken. ;)

I also think it's just a matter of time before Brandon and Chase are outed as a couple. This might seem contrary to what I just wrote in the previous paragraph, but these days something like that might actually increase their fan base. Perhaps that's why CJ seems to be writing so many scenes where the two guys could clearly be seen as a couple? I'm just guessing about that, but I wouldn't put it past CJ. You know how devious he can be. All it would take right now for example is for some sleazy bartender who's already sold them out to the paparazzi to put the word out -- for some cash of course -- to same the poop-arazzi ( ;) ) that they should keep an eye out for something like that! :lol:

• Site Administrator
I don't think there's much mystery to Joe's amnesia, either - again, having lived in a fraternity, I've seen what some hard drugs can do. Specifically, I've seen one hit of acid send a friend of mine into a mental hospital for several months. Given the concoction Lump was on, there's no need for any "alternative" explanation for the amnesia.

Maybe so, but I'm still going to maintain that Mario is somewhere in the background. I believe that J/S at the current moment knows exactly where Joe is, and what he is going through. I still believe that Mario somehow got Joe addicted to the Meth and whatever, with the intention of getting him to commit suicide or do irreparable harm to himself. Remember, someone famous was suppose to be eliminated while looking like an accident. I think things are going to get more hard for Joe before they get better :o .

I have a feeling that he isn't in a public hospital, more so a private one, where his amnesia can be maintained. Which brings up the question, as Joe was fading from consciousness, he felt the poke of a paramedic putting in a needle. He was alone in the flop house hotel, who called the paramedics, who knew he was there, who would have cared enough to make a call to EMS? I think this has all been engineered by Mario.

I assume the word "poop" was intentional. :D

Ugh, actually no :wacko: ! Let's just write if off as a Freudian slip..... :P

Steve B)

I think that the fact that they both played being in a couple with a girl while being together can hurt them more than the fact that they are gay

But the good news there is they can be like "hey, we told you they were just good friends with those girls and not dating. You just jumped to conclusions, just like you did about Eric's death."

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..