Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Chapter 27

MikeL

But the good news there is they can be like "hey, we told you they were just good friends with those girls and not dating. You just jumped to conclusions, just like you did about Eric's death."

hehe, ya that would be a nice upper cut to the nasty side of the media... but there's a difference,, for Eric's "death" it was cause of a paparazzi that give a wrong info. If I remember right, in this case, helen did fed the news to the media,, it didn't come from paparazzi.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe, ya that would be a nice upper cut to the nasty side of the media... but there's a difference,, for Eric's "death" it was cause of a paparazzi that give a wrong info. If I remember right, in this case, helen did fed the news to the media,, it didn't come from paparazzi.

Helen really annoys me at times. I wish she'd concentrate a little bit more on being a mother/protector to the boys, and a little less on increasing her take of the bounty as their manager. :angry:

Helen really annoys me at times. I wish she'd concentrate a little bit more on being a mother/protector to the boys, and a little less on increasing her take of the bounty as their manager. :angry:

I happen to disagree. At times, she is a little over-bearing. :wacko:

I happen to disagree. At times, she is a little over-bearing. :wacko:

I respect you enough to admit you've made a good point.

Indeed she can go to extremes when it comes to protecting the boys.

I guess what I really dislike is her increasing propensity for putting the boys in awkward situations that don't always suit their role as rockers.

When she does that it just seems to me personal greed wins out over her role as protector.

I mean come on, it's not like she hasn't made a fortune from Instinct already. Look at how much mention has been made of her house and other bling.

Fair enough?

:)

I respect you enough to admit you've made a good point.

Indeed she can go to extremes when it comes to protecting the boys.

I guess what I really dislike is her increasing propensity for putting the boys in awkward situations that don't always suit their role as rockers.

When she does that it just seems to me personal greed wins out over her role as protector.

I mean come on, it's not like she hasn't made a fortune from Instinct already. Look at how much mention has been made of her house and other bling.

Fair enough?

:)

She might put them in awkward situations like small speedos and all, but I think that she's doing the best in her possible to make sure that they get the most attention.

Yes, they made a lot of money, including her, but career of band aren't always 20 years. as long as there's a public you gotta get the most money outta it.

She might put them in awkward situations like small speedos and all, but I think that she's doing the best in her possible to make sure that they get the most attention.

Yes, they made a lot of money, including her, but career of band aren't always 20 years. as long as there's a public you gotta get the most money outta it.

That is definitely true. Rock bands have a time when they are popular followed by a cooling down period. There are exceptions like Ozzy Osbourne, but he is definitely the exception.

Okay, regarding the "carlisle Island" video shoot. Time for a confession on my part. There was, originally, mention made in that scene of the concept of the video. But, I was worried that the story was getting boring due to too much extraneous info, so I made a bad call and deleted it prior to anyone on my team seeing it.

I don't (out of fear of the Echidna) discuss upcoming chapters, but in this case, due to it being an issue, may the Echidna forgive me, I will; I've added a scene in Ch 28 that discusses the video, and should answer all questions on it. :)

As for Helen's managerial behavior, I will weigh in on that one. :) She is, after all, the manager, so it behooves her to act like one. True, she has become a substitute mother to the guys, but her job is that of manager, and a manager's job is to make the band money. She's paid a percentage of that, but they get the lion's share.

What others have said above is true; fame is all too ephemeral. That's why it's been mentioned that she insists the guys invest most of their proceeds;

Helen seized the opportunity to quell any false expectations,

I don't disagree with anything you've just written. I mentioned before that the only really serious problem I had was the jungle scene video and as long as you correct that I'm fine with everything else. Yes, Helen does bug me, but I do see your point so I'll stop harping on it and trust you to do the right thing. BTW, yes I do remember when she told Brandon about investments and at that point I had a great deal of respect for her to tell him that. Anyway, keep doing what you're doing CJ cause you haven't risen to the level you have by writing bad stuff. I'm just a minor league critic and perhaps in this case I'm out of my league. I'll always love you and your stories, I promise. :wub: Have I done enough ass kissing? :P

I don't disagree with anything you've just written. I mentioned before that the only really serious problem I had was the jungle scene video and as long as you correct that I'm fine with everything else. Yes, Helen does bug me, but I do see your point so I'll stop harping on it and trust you to do the right thing. BTW, yes I do remember when she told Brandon about investments and at that point I had a great deal of respect for her to tell him that. Anyway, keep doing what you're doing CJ cause you haven't risen to the level you have by writing bad stuff. I'm just a minor league critic and perhaps in this case I'm out of my league. I'll always love you and your stories, I promise. :wub: Have I done enough ass kissing? :P

No problems, and no need to worry! I very much welcome all criticism becuase it helps me. :)

In this case, the scene in 28, which i have a hunch will please critics of the video, wouldn't be in there had you not raised the issue. In other words, you improved the story and I owe you my sincere thanks. :)

Okay, now some general things for everyone, :)

BTW, another item that was mentioned was Helen's words to the press regarding Brandon and Chase's "girlfriends". She never lied; in fact, she told the truth. She said that Brandon and Barbra were "just friends." Sure, she knew what the press would make of that, but she told them the truth and let them leap to the wrong conclusions. :)

One issue I wanted to mention was that of the press, and the paparazi in general. I've had freinds (entertainment industry) who had to deal with paparazi, and one thing I can say is that the hate instinct has for them is not in excess of reality. In fact, it's probably understated. Imagine, if you will, being stalked day and night, and never having any privacy. Remember how Princess Diana died (chased by Paparazi) and how many celebs have gotten in hot water for taking swings at them, throwing things, etc.

Most celebs have mixed feelings about repurters, but by and large their hate for paparazi knows no bounds.

CJ :)

• Site Administrator
Is Vladamire going to run of with a lot of money and start a kangaroo farm? I hope so. :D

I hope not :blink: We don't need any more kangaroos... there are enough wild ones :P

Sadly i agree. I'd like to see better for Vlad, but i find it doubtful. He is an interesting character, and probably the most complex thus far. He is at once so smart he is dangerous juxtaposed with a childlike wonder that I find infectous when I read his bits.

• Site Administrator

Did anyone else pick up on that this was the first time we had Vladimir's POV? I feel that since CJ actually included this in the story at this time, he might not be disappearing as soon as we think. Why would he suddenly change from J/S's and Dimitri's commentary and views about him to actually telling us what he is thinking? Not something that is usually done with secondary characters.

Just my opinion.

Steve B)

Maybe so that evil old CJ can make us feel more sympathy for Vladimir before killing him? :P

:wacko: ................Well this goat has got me scratching my head, Lumps is back with amnesia, Vlad is planning to skip, the press hasn't picked up on Brandon, and the band is swinging in trees like Tarzan????????

Maybe so that evil old CJ can make us feel more sympathy for Vladimir before killing him? :P

I have little doubt about that. He tends to favor the anti-hero. He is not the only one. ;)

I don't (out of fear of the Echidna) discuss upcoming chapters, but in this case, due to it being an issue, may the Echidna forgive me, I will; I've added a scene in Ch 28 that discusses the video, and should answer all questions on it.

I still have not figured out who the Echnida is for certain. Is it Graeme? :P

• Site Administrator

I just don't like reading spoilers. C James has this idea that if he issues a spoiler, I'm going to stick him full of sharp spines, and that's why he's so adverse to giving hints about what's to come.... 0:)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..