Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Chapter 27

MikeL

I just don't like reading spoilers. C James has this idea that if he issues a spoiler, I'm going to stick him full of sharp spines, and that's why he's so adverse to giving hints about what's to come.... 0:)

At least, someone can keep him in line. :worship:

Edited by TL The Writing Tiger
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator

Okay, I have kept quite for a few days but I think it is time to bring up a sensitive subject to the Goat :D !

What a cliffhanger in this chapter!!!! I'm shocked that nobody picked up on it :o

I guess CJ put it in the story just to affirm the title recently given to him; King of Cliffhangers :king: .

I believe it even qualifies for two of the three rules CJ has laid down for determining a cliffhanger :blink:

What am I talking about???

Currently, right now, we have some members of the not so esteemed press drifting afloat out in the ocean with no way of reaching shore with no prop. Just think of the danger these people are facing right now. They could be attacked by men in grey suits, they could capsize and drown, they could suffer from dehydration (can't drink saltwater), or they may expire do to heat stroke :o !

Yes they may not be the favourite characters in the story, but their lives are in danger, and what did CJ do, he left us hanging. Actually this probably ranks up there with the cliffhanger in FTL

when Steve and Chris were adrift off the coast of Hawaii with no idea where the shore was. They could have died too!!

Shame on you CJ :D

Steve B)

Okay, I have kept quite for a few days but I think it is time to bring up a sensitive subject to the Goat :D !

What a cliffhanger in this chapter!!!! I'm shocked that nobody picked up on it :o

I guess CJ put it in the story just to affirm the title recently given to him; King of Cliffhangers :king: .

I believe it even qualifies for two of the three rules CJ has laid down for determining a cliffhanger :blink:

Currently, right now, we have some members of the not so esteemed press drifting afloat out in the ocean with no way of reaching shore with no prop. Just think of the danger these people are facing right now. They could be attacked by men in grey suits, they could capsize and drown, they could suffer from dehydration (can't drink saltwater), or they may expire do to heat stroke :o !

Yes they may not be the favourite characters in the story, but their lives are in danger, and what did CJ do, he left us hanging. Actually this probably ranks up there with the cliffhanger in FTL

when Steve and Chris were adrift off the coast of Hawaii with no idea where the shore was. They could have died too!!

Steve B)

B) ...........Actually I caught that, but they weren't real reporters so a little collateral damage was ok by me! :P

Steve B)

I know what you mean.

Any cliffhanger where there is an implication of death is quite evil. I would not know anything about creating such a situation. 0:)

I suppose it would be nice to have some closure on this issue though because I don't want to see any collateral damage, no matter how repulsive the people happen to be. Then again, maybe we're being setup for some sort of lawsuit for intent to kill later on in the story. After all we know how evil CJ can be. ;)

B) ..........We really need that tongue in cheek smiley face here. :P

Nope. I'm suggesting that if the guys in the boat do wind up dead there could be a criminal case against the band and the dive instructor for intent to kill. And there would also be a civil lawsuit regardless of what the outcome of any criminal case would be.

ADDED: I thought you were studying? /poke/poke/ ;)

Edited by GaryInMiami
I just don't like reading spoilers. C James has this idea that if he issues a spoiler, I'm going to stick him full of sharp spines, and that's why he's so adverse to giving hints about what's to come.... 0:)

I'll follow the "pin cushion" with one final thought. CJ revealed an additional dimension to Vladimir in Chapter 27. :ph34r: Me thinks that the kangaroo-fetish man is some sort of double agent and he has his backside covered. Vlad, with some sort of uncoordinated assist from Lump, will bring down this devilish assault on the world by S/J.

I have a feeling that the additional scene that CJ is adding to Chapter 28 will somehow feature Lycra-material swimsuits. :P

BTW, in honor of Graeme, I bought Australian cheddar cheese today.

Jack B)

Nope. I'm suggesting that if the guys in the boat do wind up dead there could be a criminal case against the band and the dive instructor for intent to kill. And there would also be a civil lawsuit regardless of what the outcome of any criminal case would be.

B) ........Criminal case huh!! That's why CJ brought in those "grey suits" :P

Jack, I've been hesitant to write about this. But I somehow suspect J/S might working covertly with the CIA in order to secure a reliable source of oil for the US. It wouldn't be the first time the CIA tried to pull off some hairbrained scheme. While Venezuela is oil rich, don't the countries J/S is trying to take over also have some plentiful sources of oil and natural gas? Am I letting my imagination run too wild? If so it wouldn't be the first time. ;)

I did study. I also turned in an assignment. ;)

Jack, I've been hesitant to write about this. But I somehow suspect J/S might working covertly with the CIA in order to secure a reliable source of oil for the US. It wouldn't be the first time the CIA tried to pull off some hairbrained scheme. While Venezuela is oil rich, don't the countries J/S is trying to take over also have some plentiful sources of oil and natural gas? Am I letting my imagination run too wild? If so it wouldn't be the first time. ;)

Well, the goat does tend to somehow redeem villains and turn them into anti-heroes.

yeah, but J/S is no hero even if he does that for US!

I never said he was a hero. Besides, I do not think that is the case. I think the man is pure evil, not some government pawn.

yeah...let him complete his latest chapter...

Chapter 10 is in beta reading. It is out of my hands ATM. ;)

Oh geez,,, That's very great, very mature :P , wildone, you Officially see cliffhangers in your cereals in the morning.

Maybe I read too much into this quote, but it did seem to me it was made clear the poop-arazzi were in no real danger:

I hope not :blink: We don't need any more kangaroos... there are enough wild ones :P

Enough kangaroos? but they are sooooo cute! Can you send me one? :P

Oh geez,,, That's very great, very mature :P , wildone, you Officially see cliffhangers in your cereals in the morning.

Quick! someone write a cliffhanger! People are starting to halucinate!

• Site Administrator
BTW, in honor of Graeme, I bought Australian cheddar cheese today.

Thank, Jack! It would be even better if I own shares in a cheese factory, but, alas, I don't... :(

Oh, dear. Is this spreading? I didn't realise this problem was contagious. First C James, and now wildone.... I think it's getting close to declaring a GA emergency and having the area quarantined until we identify a vaccine for this condition :P

Enough kangaroos? but they are sooooo cute! Can you send me one? :P

Cute, yes. Smart, no. Kangaroos are not the brightest animals on this planet -- not by a long way. I see them all the time (since I live on a rural property). They're often on the driveway when I'm heading off to work, but instead of jumping over the side fence (these are rural fences -- four strands of wire, of which none are barbed) they just hop down the driveway in front of me.... all the way to the end. :wacko:

I can't imagine that CJ would make Vladimir such a likable character just to kill him eventually. That would be supreme cruelty towards the reader, which he's not prone to display.

What have you been drinking/smoking, and is it possible to obtain it legally? :blink:

Quick! someone write a cliffhanger! People are starting to halucinate!

Ya, CJ, maybe you should write a real cliffhanger to teach them what's a cliffhanger looks like,,

I can't imagine that CJ would make Vladimir such a likable character just to kill him eventually. That would be supreme cruelty towards the reader, which he's not prone to display.

I'd say that Vladimir might be able to pull it off, to stay alive. I think that the Scar and Dimitri are underestimating what Vlad is capable of,, so Vlad might just be capable of creating a surprise for them without being seen.

• Site Administrator

Funny you mention that, as I was finishing my alphabets this morning, guess what word was left in my milk at the end? :D

That's proves that you, wildone, should re read the story before claiming high and loud to the cliffhanger,, it's not so much,, it's said in the text that they should be fine, that they'll just have a hefty bill,,, :P

Now, now Sacha, we must look at who the author is.

Is this the same author that had Dimitri take Vladimir's original assistant to work on the 'fertilizer project'? :o

If you take it for its word, then the assistant was to assume that he was just moving to another job. Much could be said about the unsavory paparazzi and that they should be fine.

Since we don't have clarification if they are fine, and may not know until the next chapter, or maybe never, I still have to declare this a cliffhanger.

Steve B)

Edited by wildone

I think I am seeing a pattern here... Wildone's declaring a "cliffhanger" finally made me realize what is going on. Yes, I think that what we have here is CDSS (Cliffhanger Delayed Stress Syndrome). Readers suffering from mental trauma from a truly devastating cliffhanger (I'll name the one in a miniute) are now seeing them everywhere, even in their serial! :o

The only cause of this, of course, could be Shadowgod's famous (infamous?) Mother of All Cliffhangers in LiS 26. Therefor, it is clearly and unequivocally Shadowgod's fault that people are seeing cliffhangers everywhere (Even in my stories, apparently!)

Well, I'm glad to get to the bottom of this! However, what is the treatment???

AAAAnd, I think it is time I mentioned the upcoming chapter title; Reunions.

CJ :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..