[NickolasJames8] Chapter fourteen

In this new chapter, the author once again plays with the reader's nerves. The opening scene brings us back to the worst tear-jerking scenes of Time in a Bottle, with a funeral scene. He manages these all too well, and so we're grabbed into the action. NJ being prone to using the ellipsis, I jumped to the conclusion that indeed a death had occurred. I was grateful that it took only four paragraphs to realize that no such event had taken place.

Then the next section brings us no definitive answer to the question that we've all asked ourselves: what did Peter tell Gerald in his letter? Dennis is none the better as we are, since Dennis makes "a point of not bringing the letter up at all." Thanks a lot, Dennis, now we just have to wonder.

Then I had to google "HOV system" to understand what was going on in the next section. "Homosexuals On Vacation" didn't quite fit the automotive context, so I searched it, only to understand a little bit more about the impending disaster the author implies, with Gerald being prone to careless driving. In a fictional world in which death hovers high above the poor characters, you've got to admit it's a bit distressing. I remembered Shadowgod's numerous hints at a motorcycle in LiS, which culminated in the infamous chapter 26 (which some have abusively deemed "the mother of all CHs").

Then a possible food poisoning is evoked. Either it shows Dennis is a maniac, or someone is going to suffer from germs left on the food by a careless writer, who won't take all the necessary measures to prevent him from eating tainted food.

I should let you all know that I'm in touch with my lawyer, in case this fictional work turns out ugly; I want fictional characters to be safe from the whims of a capricious author who could get them into some hazard. Join the fight, and protect fictional characters from the harm that can be bestowed upon them by these ean authors willing to put them through distress just to keep us on the edge of our seats! Join now (PM me, I'll give you the account of the number of our account in the Cayman Islands...)

I really loved this chapter. The opening paragraphs indeed did make my heart drop into my stomach, and my insides only managed to unclench when it turned out to be some nightmare.

Oh and I agree with Bondwriter- Dennis, for the love of God, ask Gerald about the freaking letter.

I love the introduction of Gerald's car. Nissan 350Z is a beautiful work of art. I went to a Nissan awhile back so my friend could get her car tweaked, and I saw a black one in the showroom and I was swooning. Gorgeous.

HOV- Homosexuals on Vacation----that's just brilliant. :D

"High Occupancy Vehicle" ----a separate lane that drivers can use if they have more than one person, carpooling, etc., to conserve energy/save gas. My sister was complaining about that one time. Wanted to know if a dog counted as an extra person (since pets can be considered a part of the family, although not a person). Although she doesn't own a dog, so I don't know why she was even inquiring.

Great chapter! Looking forward to more!

• Site Moderator

I know exactly how you all feel. We have our masters of the Cliffhanger, such as our King, just to mention one. Then we have Nick, the Master of Misdirection. He really sucks us in on this chapter. I had forgotten the cliffhanger ending of the previous chapter and when I started working on this chapter, I thought 'oh shit', who died.

He's still got us hanging tho on whats been going on between Gerald and Peter. It can't be good whatever it is.

And what a surprise ending to the chapter.

Jan

In this new chapter, the author once again plays with the reader's nerves. The opening scene brings us back to the worst tear-jerking scenes of Time in a Bottle, with a funeral scene. He manages these all too well, and so we're grabbed into the action. NJ being prone to using the ellipsis, I jumped to the conclusion that indeed a death had occurred. I was grateful that it took only four paragraphs to realize that no such event had taken place.

Then the next section brings us no definitive answer to the question that we've all asked ourselves: what did Peter tell Gerald in his letter? Dennis is none the better as we are, since Dennis makes "a point of not bringing the letter up at all." Thanks a lot, Dennis, now we just have to wonder.

Then I had to google "HOV system" to understand what was going on in the next section. "Homosexuals On Vacation" didn't quite fit the automotive context, so I searched it, only to understand a little bit more about the impending disaster the author implies, with Gerald being prone to careless driving. In a fictional world in which death hovers high above the poor characters, you've got to admit it's a bit distressing. I remembered Shadowgod's numerous hints at a motorcycle in LiS, which culminated in the infamous chapter 26 (which some have abusively deemed "the mother of all CHs").

Then a possible food poisoning is evoked. Either it shows Dennis is a maniac, or someone is going to suffer from germs left on the food by a careless writer, who won't take all the necessary measures to prevent him from eating tainted food.

I should let you all know that I'm in touch with my lawyer, in case this fictional work turns out ugly; I want fictional characters to be safe from the whims of a capricious author who could get them into some hazard. Join the fight, and protect fictional characters from the harm that can be bestowed upon them by these ean authors willing to put them through distress just to keep us on the edge of our seats! Join now (PM me, I'll give you the account of the number of our account in the Cayman Islands...)

All interested parties should file their claim against the chairman of the GOAT Subgroup. He will be settling all complaints through the MILO trust 0:) Hopefully there's enough money in the trust to sustain the remaining chapters in this story.

I really loved this chapter. The opening paragraphs indeed did make my heart drop into my stomach, and my insides only managed to unclench when it turned out to be some nightmare.

Oh and I agree with Bondwriter- Dennis, for the love of God, ask Gerald about the freaking letter.

I love the introduction of Gerald's car. Nissan 350Z is a beautiful work of art. I went to a Nissan awhile back so my friend could get her car tweaked, and I saw a black one in the showroom and I was swooning. Gorgeous.

HOV- Homosexuals on Vacation----that's just brilliant. :D

"High Occupancy Vehicle" ----a separate lane that drivers can use if they have more than one person, carpooling, etc., to conserve energy/save gas. My sister was complaining about that one time. Wanted to know if a dog counted as an extra person (since pets can be considered a part of the family, although not a person). Although she doesn't own a dog, so I don't know why she was even inquiring.

Great chapter! Looking forward to more!

That's what I'm hoping to buy myself for my graduation gift next year.

I know exactly how you all feel. We have our masters of the Cliffhanger, such as our King, just to mention one. Then we have Nick, the Master of Misdirection. He really sucks us in on this chapter. I had forgotten the cliffhanger ending of the previous chapter and when I started working on this chapter, I thought 'oh shit', who died.

He's still got us hanging tho on whats been going on between Gerald and Peter. It can't be good whatever it is.

And what a surprise ending to the chapter.

Jan

Even if they're planning a surprise party for him?? One with cake, ice cream, fresh berries, a disco ball and spiked punch??

That's what I'm hoping to buy myself for my graduation gift next year.

Oooh, that's a mighty good gift for yourself. Nice taste! :D Me jealous! :P

I've had a beat up Integra since I was 16, and after I graduate, I plan on giving my car a makeover -new headlights, new tires, new breaks, etc., so it can last me until I'm 30! That's when I'd estimate I'd ever have enough money to spring for something new. :(

Oooh, that's a mighty good gift for yourself. Nice taste! :D Me jealous! :P

I've had a beat up Integra since I was 16, and after I graduate, I plan on giving my car a makeover -new headlights, new tires, new breaks, etc., so it can last me until I'm 30! That's when I'd estimate I'd ever have enough money to spring for something new. :(

Well, I had a 2005 Civic, but the day I got my license someone rear ended my dad while he was driving it and totalled it. So I got a 2007, and I make payments on it, which kill me when I add gas and insurance to the bill. Plus, I have two tickets and an accident, so insurance went way up :( But luckily, I have a pretty good paying job, and during the summer I can work 40 hours a week. I'll be in Greece for two weeks, but I can still get a lot of hours in when I'm home. Plus, I have a bunch of money saved up from being stingy and making my parents pay for everything over the years :) At the very least, I should have enough to put a nice down payment and not have monthly payments that kick my butt every month.

Well, I had a 2005 Civic, but the day I got my license someone rear ended my dad while he was driving it and totalled it. So I got a 2007, and I make payments on it, which kill me when I add gas and insurance to the bill. Plus, I have two tickets and an accident, so insurance went way up :( But luckily, I have a pretty good paying job, and during the summer I can work 40 hours a week. I'll be in Greece for two weeks, but I can still get a lot of hours in when I'm home. Plus, I have a bunch of money saved up from being stingy and making my parents pay for everything over the years :) At the very least, I should have enough to put a nice down payment and not have monthly payments that kick my butt every month.

:( ..........He's 17 and has a newer car than me :( well at least mine is paid for (2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee)

I'll go light a candle in the cathedral so that the Good Lord keeps you from owning a slightly nervous car before you're twenty-five. Your impending danger in chapter 14 makes me nervous; so does the fact you live in a place where you get rear-ended when you get a new car.

I'll go light a candle in the cathedral so that the Good Lord keeps you from owning a slightly nervous car before you're twenty-five. Your impending danger in chapter 14 makes me nervous; so does the fact you live in a place where you get rear-ended when you get a new car.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: It's only a dangerous car if you drive it like a person gone mad :) Since I've already felt the pain of wrecking my car when it was brand new, I've learned my lesson about driving like a moron. :read: As far as being rear ended, I'd have to guess that the only sure fire way to make sure that never happens is to move somewhere with no roads and no traffic B)

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: It's only a dangerous car if you drive it like a person gone mad :) Since I've already felt the pain of wrecking my car when it was brand new, I've learned my lesson about driving like a moron. :read: As far as being rear ended, I'd have to guess that the only sure fire way to make sure that never happens is to move somewhere with no roads and no traffic B)

You know there are moments you're gonna drive like a madman. Especially in a gorgeous machine like a 350Z! Buying a piece like that, well you have to treat it as such!

And who doesn't drive like a crazed person, especially at your age? At your age, and even now, I'm swerving all over the place, not having grasped the concept of braking on turns. Oh lord, I said "at your age".....I'm OLD!

You know there are moments you're gonna drive like a madman. Especially in a gorgeous machine like a 350Z! Buying a piece like that, well you have to treat it as such!

And who doesn't drive like a crazed person, especially at your age? At your age, and even now, I'm swerving all over the place, not having grasped the concept of braking on turns. Oh lord, I said "at your age".....I'm OLD!

lol.....well, as it stands right now, I'm lucky to have a license, much less a car. I've already got two tickets and an accident, and I haven't even had my license for a year yet :ph34r: So I have to be careful, or I'll be catching the bus and asking for a transfer when I need to get somewhere. 0:)