Let the Music Play, Chapter 28

MikeL

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch out!! Spoilers...

You can keep your cliffs, Steve; that's your thing, not mine

Nasty! I got what you were trying to imply, CJ!! ;)

"I've been reading about Highway 1 for quite some time. Before we divorced, my wife and I planned a retirement trip. We wanted to drive it, all of it. I'm still going to do it one day, just me. That's my dream."

I wonder why Gunter said that... A hint possibly? :raised eyebrow:

I really enjoyed the chapter. Finally, something about Clump... :worship:

B) .............That one caught my eye as well, I thought it was a strange Gunter had that tidbit of information, plus he hardly says anything anyway.

I thought Helen's description of the loincloth video was a little ominous:

Popping the computer open on the coffee table, Helen said, "Just keep an open mind. You four as plane crash survivors, stranded on a deserted island, gathering logs and vines to make a raft, hunting, spear-fishing, making a fire. It's an adventure and survival theme, perfect for what reads to me like a pretty dark song.

"

Enjoyed this chapter, CJ. We now know how Scar plans to transport his "toys".

Hey, great chapter CJ! as always, of course,, but still good chapter,, I liked that we're back to doing shows,, We also now know how exactly the bombs will be delivered too.

oh the cliff line,,, that was priceless... So is the explaining of what happens in the 3-way with Eric,,,,

On that note, I will say that I really disapprove of the setup that Steve and Wilde have :thumbdown:

Obviously it's their business (or CJ's :P ), but I think it adds to the stereotype that bi people continue to hook-up with both genders even when they're in a relationship with one. I'm probably being over sensitive though.

B) .........I don't know Kevin, I do know a lot of Bi's that do just that!! (Me excluded)

• Site Moderator
LOL, that was clever! I hadn't noticed that first time around!

Indeed, meet too! I've been looking forward to more information about Clump and the Shadows, so I'm glad this chapter had both!

On that note, I will say that I really disapprove of the setup that Steve and Wilde have :thumbdown:

Obviously it's their business (or CJ's :P ), but I think it adds to the stereotype that bi people continue to hook-up with both genders even when they're in a relationship with one. I'm probably being over sensitive though.

At least we know Clumps memory isn't completely gone and at least he's smart enough not to give his real name for now.

I'm thinking that Steve and Wilde don't want to get into a serious relationship right now since they are both currently seeing someone. They may be thinking that being 'friends with benefits' isn't cheating, but it is.

Great chapter CJ

Jan

I'm thinking that Steve and Wilde don't want to get into a serious relationship right now since they are both currently seeing someone. They may be thinking that being 'friends with benefits' isn't cheating, but it is.

I agree that it is! But I was unaware that they were seeing someone besides each other. I thought they'd just been living the same sort of lifestyle as Eric and Jon and hooking up with random girls (and in Wilde's case the occasional guy) after the concerts. I don't really object to that, but I do object to bisexuals sort of getting a "free pass" out of monogamy when they enter a relationship.

B) .........I don't know Kevin, I do know a lot of Bi's that do just that!! (Me excluded)

LOL, I "go to bat" for bisexuals a lot. I'm always arguing that they're just as trustworthy and capable of monogamy as anyone else. So I guess that's why I'm especially sensitive to instances when they opt out of it and essentially prove the negative stereotypes correct.

Now that I think about it, your right Kevin. It didn't say anything about girlfriends. It could be that Steve is just afraid.

Well, I was thinking about it, and really I wouldn't even object if they were "friends with benefits", but did have the prerogative of hooking up with other guys. It's just the differentiation of how they will behave with one gender over the other that bothers me. If they made no distinction between the two I wouldn't care.

Basically either monogamy OR an open relationship/F*** buddies set up. It's definitely the double standard that I object to.

Well, I was thinking about it, and really I wouldn't even object if they were "friends with benefits", but did have the prerogative of hooking up with other guys. It's just the differentiation of how they will behave with one gender over the other that bothers me. If they made no distinction between the two I wouldn't care.

Basically either monogamy OR an open relationship/F*** buddies set up. It's definitely the double standard that I object to.

Speaking as a bisexual, I will say that I prefer monogamy over open relationships/poly. It's too much work or risk respectively.

Also, rockers are known for promscuity. How do you think Tommy Lee contracted hepatitis? :wacko:

Well I certainly didn't mean to hi-jack the thread and turn it into a discussion of bisexuality.

So getting back on top, and speaking about something I'm very interested in, how do you guys think Joe Clump is going to play into all of this?

Right now it looks like he's pretty well removed from everything. We don't really know whether or not Jerry is aware of what happened. Some have suggested he might have even instigated it! My question then is why would he do that? If he did do that what mechanisms do you think he employed? Is Joe still in danger of having someone come to "finish the job" or was he meant to go through this but to survive?

In general how do you guys think he'll tie into the rest of the story?

-Kevin

Well I certainly didn't mean to hi-jack the thread and turn it into a discussion of bisexuality.

So getting back on top, and speaking about something I'm very interested in, how do you guys think Joe Clump is going to play into all of this?

Right now it looks like he's pretty well removed from everything. We don't really know whether or not Jerry is aware of what happened. Some have suggested he might have even instigated it! My question then is why would he do that? If he did do that what mechanisms do you think he employed? Is Joe still in danger of having someone come to "finish the job" or was he meant to go through this but to survive?

In general how do you guys think he'll tie into the rest of the story?

-Kevin

I think he will end up being a protagonist. :P

What does Eric have planned for Wilde?

Is Eric bi? He seems to spend a lot of time promoting three-ways. There's more than one way to do that.

I think he meant something about his bad habit of getting into trouble.

• Site Administrator

CJ, I really, really enjoyed this chapter :D .

It was great in the sense that it probably had more character development for a lot of the people since they were introduced to us.

First off, Eric, damn I love him :wub: . Not only did we see that he was successful in getting Wilde and Steve together, but his sensitivity towards Wilde's predicament of not wanting to expose his back just proved what a great guy he is. Obviously he is still thinking of how to help Wilde with planning the days off and the trip back to the resort. I'm sure the members of SPICE are happy with this chapter.

Then there is Wilde. Wow, talk about doing the right thing. :worship: , To stay with a buddy through a severe upchuck session and then make sure that he is in bed and okay. Then, what I thought was really reflective of his feelings towards Steve, he takes his shirt off and climbs into bed to be with Steve for the night (although a graphic description of a pool noodle fight might have been more appealing :blink: ).

Gunter, adds a bit of intrigue to the story. His comment about being divorced and his retirement plans was a short glimpse into his life. For some reason, I get the feeling that his occupation may be more than just security for the band. Could he be actually aware of J/S's real agenda?

With Helen, I was surprised that she accepted criticism from the guys, and still came out with a smiling face. I imagine she may have got a little too wrapped up in her delight in getting Jon in a speedo or loincloth to really consider what the guys would actually feel about her taking sole control of artistic direction of the video. If anything, it really showed her human side.

Joe is still an overall mystery to me. I wonder how much Phil will play into the story coming up?

I enjoyed Eric's comment about the cliffs being Steve's domain. I kinda surprised the Shadowy one hasn't commented yet :P . There was actually one other reference to a cliff in there when Brandon is making a suggestion to Helen about the stanza where they would be standing and looking out over the ocean. So would it be fair to say there was two cliff(hangers) in this chapter?

As far as Eric's sexuality, I am really noticing the hints you have been placing in the last couple of chapters. I think he might actually have feelings for Wilde and just hasn't found the way to express them as of yet.

Well thank you for the chapter CJ. I'm sure that if I read it again, there is a clue or two in there that will answer some of our questions.

Steve B)

CJ, I really, really enjoyed this chapter :D .

It was great in the sense that it probably had more character development for a lot of the people since they were introduced to us.

First off, Eric, damn I love him :wub: .

See! Way back when Eric was presumed dead I told you guys he was too important a part of the story (and too much one of CJ's favourites) to kill off! LOL

Speaking of character development, I was just thinking what an excellent job CJ had done with developing the character of all the major and supporting characters! :worship:

Well done!

To stay with a buddy through a severe upchuck session and then make sure that he is in bed and okay. Then, what I thought was really reflective of his feelings towards Steve, he takes his shirt off and climbs into bed to be with Steve for the night (although a graphic description of a pool noodle fight might have been more appealing :blink: ).

LOL, after the description of the "upchuck session" the last thing I wanted to hear about was more noodles! ;)

Gunter, adds a bit of intrigue to the story. His comment about being divorced and his retirement plans was a short glimpse into his life. For some reason, I get the feeling that his occupation may be more than just security for the band. Could he be actually aware of J/S's real agenda?

I've been wondering very much about Gunter myself. I'm not exactly mistrustful of him, but I agree that he seems the most enigmatic character at this point!

As far as Eric's sexuality, I am really noticing the hints you have been placing in the last couple of chapters. I think he might actually have feelings for Wilde and just hasn't found the way to express them as of yet.

What does Eric have planned for Wilde?

Is Eric bi? He seems to spend a lot of time promoting three-ways. There's more than one way to do that.

LOL are you guys suggesting a three-way between Eric, Steve, and Wilde? :0

...you might be right LOL

I dunno, Eric's sexuality is a bit ambiguous at this point. My take would be that he's simply not sexually rigid but allows himself much more fluidity than most people. :great:

-Kevin

There is that chance that Eric is Bi. This may be something that Helen has picked up on. Remember, she did threaten to out him as a way to keep him in line.

Jan

I still don't know about that one,, ya, Helen did threaten to out him,, but if I'm not mistaken, it was cause Eric was getting a little over the hedge with the carelessness he was with his one night stand when it comes to Brandon and Chase.

The interest that Eric sees in Wilde and Steve,, I see the same interest he had when he was trying to make things started with Brandon and Chase. Not in a, I wanna do it with you, way.

I still don't know about that one,, ya, Helen did threaten to out him,, but if I'm not mistaken, it was cause Eric was getting a little over the hedge with the carelessness he was with his one night stand when it comes to Brandon and Chase.

The interest that Eric sees in Wilde and Steve,, I see the same interest he had when he was trying to make things started with Brandon and Chase. Not in a, I wanna do it with you, way.

B) .............I agree, remember this is the "good Eric" who can read people like a book.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..