Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play Chapter 29

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to be written into this story Tim. Stop being so evil and go back to writing. :P

I do not intend to write you into a story. That is something evil. The goat would do something like that, but I would not. 0:)

I do not intend to write you into a story. That is something evil. The goat would do something like that, but I would not. 0:)

I meant the goat not you. I'm a mammal. I'm large. And I'm fiercely predatory. Especially when it comes to other mammals in the primate family.

I don't want to be written into LTMP!

I meant the goat not you. I'm a mammal. I'm large. And I'm fiercely predatory. Especially when it comes to other mammals in the primate family.

I don't want to be written into LTMP!

What if you were written into SC instead? <sniggers>

I just knew CJ was going to do something to make sure I didn't go. And after I had gone to the expense of getting a digital camera with an extra long zoom lens so I could take some good pics of the guys for posting here at GA. Sorry, everyone -- no pics.... :(

Oh No!! :angry:

It's good Jerry brings back some values in this story: hard work, empowering key players with achievements, aiming at one's goal and following it...

:lol:

Funny you should comment on this! When I was reading it I was thinking "Wow! This was such an ambitious scheme!"

This word was also discussed in the Editing and Punctuation workshop. So I'll add that bit to the confusion.

Principal/principle

What if you were written into SC instead? <sniggers>

Either I'd remove it, or ask Jan to remove it, and make sure you didn't put it back. Don't ever threaten your editor or beta-reader Tim. We can do evil things to your stories!

Either I'd remove it, or ask Jan to remove it, and make sure you didn't put it back. Don't ever threaten your editor or beta-reader Tim. We can do evil things to your stories!

He took it like a good sport? Why can't you? :P

He took it like a good sport? Why can't you? :P

I'll make a deal with you. Concentrate on one or both of your existing stories to the exclusion of everything else and you can write me into either story and do whatever you want to/with me. How's that for being a good sport?

Now let's get back OT. I wonder how that damned manager is gonna get her revenge on Eric for his pranks? :P

Well since you asked, and since we already discussed the difference between "Principal" and "principle".

In the first scene with Jon and Eric:

"ensured" would have been the correct version.

Then after Helen discovers the echidna:

I think you probably meant "suspected" unless you meant to word the sentence differently such that "suspecting" was the correct form.

Thank you Kevin!!!

OOps on "insured" I have a lot of problems with sound-alike words!

The "suspecting" had a different origin; I often play around with sentence structure, moving bits around, etc, and I changed the sentence and didn't notice that I needed to change "Suspecting" to "suspected". OOps.

I've edited my copy of the chapter, and it will be uploaded with Ch 30. It will also have a thank-you to you in the credits!

BTW, if anyone points out typos, from now on I'll try and add that person them to the credits when I upload the fixed chapter. Thanks!

I'll make a deal with you. Concentrate on one or both of your existing stories to the exclusion of everything else and you can write me into either story and do whatever you want to/with me. How's that for being a good sport?

Now let's get back OT. I wonder how that damned manager is gonna get her revenge on Eric for his pranks? :P

Lol, Helen did make a point of barging in on Eric while he was having sex, but who knows if she'll think up some additional payback? 0:)

Lol, Helen did make a point of barging in on Eric while he was having sex, but who knows if she'll think up some additional payback?

All she did was get even. Revenge requires one-upsmanship!

Lol, Helen did make a point of barging in on Eric while he was having sex, but who knows if she'll think up some additional payback? 0:)

That is a good place to start. However, some public humilation or a prank would definitely be icing on the cake. I can't believe I said that. That's almost evil, and I would never do anything evil...

The "suspecting" had a different origin; I often play around with sentence structure, moving bits around, etc, and I changed the sentence and didn't notice that I needed to change "Suspecting" to "suspected". OOps.

I do this a lot myself!

BTW, if anyone points out typos, from now on I'll try and add that person them to the credits when I upload the fixed chapter. Thanks!

Well okay then, that's really commendable of you! I've pretty much trained myself to overlook something as trivial as typos and other common errors and to be honest I wouldn't have said anything if the topic hadn't come up. However, like you I'd want to know myself, so I'll letcha know in the future if I see any :)

So what did you guys think of Eric's commitment to getting Wilde a tan? :o

Personally I think getting him out in the sun will be easier said than done.

I have a friend who used to self-abuse herself by putting out cigarettes on her arms. The scars from the burns were really bad. When she finally started recovering we discussed what to do about the scars. All the research we read indicated that a suntan would make the scars a little less noticeable. But unless you keep up the level of tanning the scars start to get weird pigmentation that makes them look worse. She wound up getting some long-term microdermabrasion and smoothbeam laser treatments that rendered the scars all but invisible.

So, even if Eric does get Wilde into the sun I think that despite his best intentions he'll be making the problem worse. I can't imagine how Wilde, or even Eric for that matter, will feel if in the long run Wilde's scars are even more obvious.

• Site Moderator
B) ............It wouldn't be the first time the goat pulls a bad guy hero on us.

Joe is definitely not a good guy. He is one that has been hated from the beginning just like Eric in FTL. I simply see the pattern. CJ may break away from the latter part of it, though he has already redeemed him a little bit. It's too early to tell. As I said before, CJ is evil. He is the Dark Lord after all. :ph34r:

B) ..........Yes, the goat has an evil motive, why else bring Joe back? (literally from the dead)....what possible purpose, as I've been hammering all along, does Joe still have?

That is the one difference I see so far. In FTL, Eric never really disappeared. He was there for most of the story. Is this foreshadowing? It might be. The goat is the ever-cryptic one. :wacko:

CJ likes to do these things to us.

B) ........Yeah, he does, that's why his title fits him so well!! LOL :P

Which title would that be? He has so many!

Hosted Author, Writer Support Lead, Anthology Coordinator, King of Evil Cliffhangers, Goat Head. I'm sure I've missed a few titles. :P

Hosted Author, Writer Support Lead, Anthology Coordinator, King of Evil Cliffhangers, Goat Head. I'm sure I've missed a few titles. :P

the most prolific poster at GA?

Oh ya, that was a good thing for Helen to be doing,, right in the middle of the fun,, isn't it a mood killer :P , just the right amount of humiliation. But I'm sure that it's not over just yet

Personally I think getting him out in the sun will be easier said than done.

Well, Eric is an outspoken guy, he don't mind to have the lights on him, he may not be able to understand just how some people just don't really want to be that exposed...

the most prolific poster at GA?

See, I knew I'd forget at least one. :)

Well, Eric is an outspoken guy, he don't mind to have the lights on him, he may not be able to understand just how some people just don't really want to be that exposed...

What about the reality of the situation as I referred to earlier? What Eric has in mind will potentially do more harm, both physically and emotionally to Wilde than I think he's aware of.

I try to do my best to keep CJ attentive to the little details like that.

I know it might not be as much fun as seeing Eric trying to get Wilde to take his shirt off and anything else that might happen after that. But still, I like the fact that CJ writes good stories while trying to stay rooted in reality.

You forgot the Dark Lord aka Lord Goatamort. <snickers>

What about the reality of the situation as I referred to earlier? What Eric has in mind will potentially do more harm, both physically and emotionally to Wilde than I think he's aware of.

I know it might not be as much fun as seeing Eric trying to get Wilde to take his shirt off and anything else that might happen after that. But still, I like the fact that CJ writes good stories while trying to stay rooted in reality.

Exactly my point,, it seems like Eric doesn't realize that not everyone is like him. Not everyone want to do all those things. Trying to force Wilde into doing things that he don't want, It won't be good for Wilde and might make some harm indeed.

Please don't read anything plotwise into what I'm about to say. I'm being very careful not to give hints or spoilers. :)

You raise a good point, but one factor is the origin of the scars. Burn scars can be quite different from scars caused by contusion. Wilde's are mentioned as being very faint even with his ghostly white skin. In other words, just a slight variance in coloration. :)

You forgot the Dark Lord aka Lord Goatamort. <snickers>

:o Dark Lord!?!?! But, Shadowgod is the Dark Lord! Bondwriter even said so!!!

Think about it... His name basically means Dark Lord! And we all know he's evil! Just look at the devastating cliffhanger he used in Dreams & Cliffed Wings 3: Spreading Wings which he posted today! I'm still suffering vertigo from reading that one!

Exactly my point,, it seems like Eric doesn't realize that not everyone is like him. Not everyone want to do all those things. Trying to force Wilde into doing things that he don't want, It won't be good for Wilde and might make some harm indeed.

I'll give a tiny little spoiler.. Something vaguely related to this may, or may not, occur in an upcoming chapter.

0:)

:o Dark Lord!?!?! But, Shadowgod is the Dark Lord! Bondwriter even said so!!!

Think about it... His name basically means Dark Lord! And we all know he's evil! Just look at the devastating cliffhanger he used in Dreams & Cliffed Wings 3: Spreading Wings which he posted today! I'm still suffering vertigo from reading that one!

I consider both of you to be the evil ones, but you both accuse the other of being the evil one... BTW, I read Chapter 3. It was an excellent chapter with plenty of wholesome evil cliffhanging goodness. For some reason some believe that I use the evil variety, but if that is the case, they don't compare to yours or his. :worship:

You raise a good point, but one factor is the origin of the scars. Burn scars can be quite different from scars caused by contusion. Wilde's are mentioned as being very faint even with his ghostly white skin. In other words, just a slight variance in coloration. :)
I'll give a tiny little spoiler.. Something vaguely related to this may, or may not, occur in an upcoming chapter.

It seems as if we're being setup for something here. Wilde can now handle the sun. Eric loves his alcohol. Eric gets Wilde drunk. Evil ensues!

It seems as if we're being setup for something here. Wilde can now handle the sun. Eric loves his alcohol. Eric gets Wilde drunk. Evil ensues!

That could be naughty to say the least. I happen to wonder what the morning after would be like for Eric... B)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..