Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play Chapter 29

That could be naughty to say the least. I happen to wonder what the morning after would be like for Eric... B)

Eric would be confused; assuming he even remembered the events of the previous night. But there would be no doubt that they're in the same bed together. Wilde, now relatively sober and, at the very least, shirtless, would be feeling insecure.

Edited by GaryInMiami
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a friend who used to self-abuse herself by putting out cigarettes on her arms. The scars from the burns were really bad. When she finally started recovering we discussed what to do about the scars. All the research we read indicated that a suntan would make the scars a little less noticeable. But unless you keep up the level of tanning the scars start to get weird pigmentation that makes them look worse. She wound up getting some long-term microdermabrasion and smoothbeam laser treatments that rendered the scars all but invisible.

So, even if Eric does get Wilde into the sun I think that despite his best intentions he'll be making the problem worse. I can't imagine how Wilde, or even Eric for that matter, will feel if in the long run Wilde's scars are even more obvious.

Those are some interesting points, Gary.

Good points on your part too, CJ!

I'll be eager to see what happens!

I consider both of you to be the evil ones, but you both accuse the other of being the evil one... BTW, I read Chapter 3. It was an excellent chapter with plenty of wholesome evil cliffhanging goodness. For some reason some believe that I use the evil variety, but if that is the case, they don't compare to yours or his. :worship:

go worship dkstories, he just gave us a lulu of a cliffhanger

Reason for Edit: Spoiler Concerns... Apologies.

Edited by BeaStKid
go worship dkstories, he just knocked off another of his characters!!

I have not read any of the first one yet. I will work on it once I finish writing Dark Earth: The Prophecy. FYI,

I am not above knocking off a character or two myself.

<snickers>

I have not read any of the first one yet. I will work on it once I finish writing Dark Earth: The Prophecy. FYI,

I am not above knocking off a character or two myself.

<snickers>

You're not using a spoiler tag properly. You're just being a tease! How typical. :P

You're not using a spoiler tag properly. You're just being a tease! How typical. :P

I wasn't teasing. I have done that in the past. Will I do it again? That is uncertain at this point in time. However, I suspect that CJ is bound to do so. He is evil. :devil:

I wasn't teasing. I have done that in the past. Will I do it again? That is uncertain at this point in time. However, I suspect that CJ is bound to do so. He is evil. :devil:

If you weren't being a tease then why did you need to use a spoiler tag?

PS: I suspect knocked-up is more likely than knocked-off! :P

If you weren't being a tease then why did you need to use a spoiler tag?

PS: I suspect knocked-up is more likely than knocked-off! :P

It was out of respect to those who have not read my stories, Gary. I would not want them to learn something like that before they should. I accidently found something out a story, and I have not even read it yet. :(

It was out of respect to those who have not read my stories, Gary. I would not want them to learn something like that before they should. I accidently found something out a story, and I have not even read it yet. :(

I've offended Tim. I'm so sorry. I thought we were just having fun.

The same thing happened to me with Webs. I made the mistake of reading the reviews first and learned something I didn't want to know until the second chapter. It was a serious spoiler!

I've offended Tim. I'm so sorry. I thought we were just having fun.

The same thing happened to me with Webs. I made the mistake of reading the reviews first and learned something I didn't want to know until the second chapter. It was a serious spoiler!

I'm not offended. I was just explaining the reason for the spoiler tags. Anyway, I prefer to make discoveries on my own. It's a lot more fun that way.

• Site Moderator

I once had an author tell me that one of his characters was going to die. Imagine my shock. The more I thought about it, and from what I know of the story, I decided he wasn't speaking of the physical death of the character, but the death of the character as we currently know him. That could be considered a spoiler.

I once had an author tell me that one of his characters was going to die. Imagine my shock. The more I thought about it, and from what I know of the story, I decided he wasn't speaking of the physical death of the character, but the death of the character as we currently know him. That could be considered a spoiler.

If things turned out as you suspected then I'd consider it a teaser. Making you think something's going to happen one way, and when something does happen it's not at all what you were anticipating, is definitely a teaser, not a spoiler. It's also good marketing! :)

I agree about spoilers... They can ruin things. For example, if I were to say that in Ch 30 of LTMP, there is an alien invasion from Alpha Centuari that destroys all life on earth, and every character in the story dies, that would ruin the story for those reading it.

It would also result in a certain Echidana turning me into a pincushion; he hates spoilers, and has very sharp spines...

I have, however, on a couple of occasions almost given spoilers accidentally. There was a discussion a while back, and I thought "Ahha, the answer has been in the posted text!" so I found the paragraph I needed, and was about to post it when I realized, "Duh, that hasn't been posted yet!" OOps.

BTW, I forgot to mention that the upcoming chapter. 30, is entitled Unfortunate Circumstances.

Would I do such a thing as that? 0:)

Um, yes, I do believe you would do such a thing. It's part of your charm! And get rid of that darned halo. It's an offense to angels everywhere! :P

So what could be unfortunate?

1. Eric and Wilde, with things going badly.

2. A bomb that explodes before it's supposed to.

3. A bomb that doesn't explode when it's supposed to.

4. A bomb that explodes just like it should and an engineer meeting an unfortunate end.

5. A loving couple getting outed and it not being well received.

6. The GPS device is recovered safely and inquiring minds wind up where they shouldn't be.

Anyone else care to speculate?

Edited by GaryInMiami

I prefer such an event to be a total shock, even to my editor and beta reader. It's much more scathingly evil that way. :devil:

I prefer such an event to be a total shock, even to my editor and beta reader. It's much more scathingly evil that way. :devil:

Your editor and beta-reader are both geezers. Be careful you don't give us heart failure! You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone else who can put up with you and do a good job for you too! :P

Your editor and beta-reader are both geezers. Be careful you don't give us heart failure! You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone else who can put up with you and do a good job for you too! :P

I did not say that I was planning such a thing. Besides, we should not talk about character deaths in this forum. Lord Goatamort has enough evil ideas as it is. :o

Edited by TL The Writing Tiger
I have, however, on a couple of occasions almost given spoilers accidentally. There was a discussion a while back, and I thought "Ahha, the answer has been in the posted text!" so I found the paragraph I needed, and was about to post it when I realized, "Duh, that hasn't been posted yet!" OOps.

BTW, I forgot to mention that the upcoming chapter. 30, is entitled Unfortunate Circumstances.

Look! The reason I don't post in the Chapter Threads Often! I accidentally posted something ahead of schedule on FtL :*)

And CJ, That really is a better Title, I must agree with you there :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..