[Mellicat] The Other Side - Chapters 10 & 11

http://melinacatts.gayauthors.org/tos.htm

Okay - beat me up.... I know you want to.

:)

Whooo!!!! First one to post!

I have a feeling you were expecting me.... :D

Anyway, these chapters were great. Sure, not happy-go-lucky, but very good still. A little more shit for the kids to deal with- Sam and her indecision. Toby and his denial. I hate the fact that Toby is shutting out his best friend, and it will take awhile to get back on track. Addiction is so powerful.

Mostly, I hate how Cole is a total player. When will Seth find the right guy? Or when will Cole realize he only wants Seth? Or is there any happiness in this piece at all???

Gah, questions and more questions- but no answers! You're as bad as Nickolas James and his stinking cliffhangers! :P

Whooo!!!! First one to post!

I have a feeling you were expecting me.... :D

Anyway, these chapters were great. Sure, not happy-go-lucky, but very good still. A little more shit for the kids to deal with- Sam and her indecision. Toby and his denial. I hate the fact that Toby is shutting out his best friend, and it will take awhile to get back on track. Addiction is so powerful.

Mostly, I hate how Cole is a total player. When will Seth find the right guy? Or when will Cole realize he only wants Seth? Or is there any happiness in this piece at all???

Gah, questions and more questions- but no answers! You're as bad as Nickolas James and his stinking cliffhangers! :P

Haha now it looks like Tiff and I are gonna go at it for first post.

So I'm even more not happy. Your chapters were very well written, but I'm not happy at all with what went on. What's up with Cole... It seemed like him and Seth were getting along just fine, and now he goes and does this, especially when Seth needs him the most.

Toby... I can't even talk about Toby right now. He would disgust me if I didn't believe that there was room for redemption. I really hope he gets himself out of that mess sooner rather than later.

Sam... I feel that she needs to listen to Seth and choose one or the other.

It's pretty interesting how Seth went from doing drugs and screwing around to clean and more settled down and Toby almost completely vise versa.

And I agree with Tiff, I hate the cliffhangers.

~Mikie

• Site Administrator

Apologies for not posting sooner :( .

I'm really enjoying the story so far.

What I find interesting is how the 3 best friends in college are now the complete opposite it seems when they are out on their own.

Toby, who appeared to be the conservative, head screwed on straight, never drank too much or partied too much guy, is now addicted to Meth and taking the whole "I don't need nobody" attitude. I do have to say that I'm glad Seth made him promise to call him when he realized he had a problem. Hopefully that isn't too late.

Sam, who my impression was a bit of a party girl in college, and liked hanging out with Seth and to a lesser degree with Toby, but didn't strike me as someone to be into one night stands, is now leading two guys on and mentally trying to justify her actions when she knows personally that she is doing the wrong thing. Once again, Seth showed his character by reading her mind even though he felt like crap from his depression drinking the night before.

And then Seth. I think Tiff said that she was frustrated with Cole for being a player. It is kind of ironic that at college Seth was the player and now that he is in Austin, he wants more from Cole than he was ever willing to give a guy not too long ago.

So my feelings at this point of the story is to slap Sam silly until she gets it in her mind to quit screwing around with two guys mind. Toby would be the next to get a slap fest for being so dumb to not realize he has a problem. And Seth, nothing but hugs. Of all 3, I think he is the only one to grow since leaving college. He had definitely been there more for the other two than they have been for either him or the other.

Anyways, that is what I'm thinking :P .

Steve

Haha now it looks like Tiff and I are gonna go at it for first post.

So I'm even more not happy. Your chapters were very well written, but I'm not happy at all with what went on. What's up with Cole... It seemed like him and Seth were getting along just fine, and now he goes and does this, especially when Seth needs him the most.

And I agree with Tiff, I hate the cliffhangers.

~Mikie

Yeah, we'll be battling it out, to see who gets to the chapters first and can post in the forums. Beware Mikie. :P

The whole Cole thing is still bothering me. A day later. :(

What I find interesting is how the 3 best friends in college are now the complete opposite it seems when they are out on their own.

Toby, who appeared to be the conservative, head screwed on straight, never drank too much or partied too much guy, is now addicted to Meth and taking the whole "I don't need nobody" attitude. I do have to say that I'm glad Seth made him promise to call him when he realized he had a problem. Hopefully that isn't too late.

And then Seth. I think Tiff said that she was frustrated with Cole for being a player. It is kind of ironic that at college Seth was the player and now that he is in Austin, he wants more from Cole than he was ever willing to give a guy not too long ago.

That's the thing about college- it's kind of a 'it's a small world after all' in that it's not very real. You have classes, friends, parties, etc., but your four years of education doesn't necessarily prepare you for the real world, especially if you leave your hometown and don't have your roots and friends to keep you grounded. Even the strongest person, who feels a bit down and alone, can resort to drugs and alcholism. It all depends on your vulnerability level.

In Toby's case that makes sense since he was quiet and shy and was hidden behind Seth. He's coming out of his shell, perhaps in a negative way, but also he's scared and feels overwhelming pressure at work to excel.

As for Seth and Cole, yeah that is a bit ironic. But kind of expected, like karma. The player gets played. But I'm still hoping for something good out of this!

Another chapter soon....... :D

Now that's the sort of thing a writer likes to hear. *L*

More chapters this weekend. Promise. We are down to the last few now. Not many weeks left.

Thanks for the post

Now that's the sort of thing a writer likes to hear. *L*

More chapters this weekend. Promise. We are down to the last few now. Not many weeks left.

Thanks for the post

YES! Light at the end of the tunnel....although, maybe not....if there are only a few chapters left, then how much time is there to resolve things? Yikes, I fear an unhappy ending and then it will be bothering me for weeks rather than days. EEK. :angry:

YES! Light at the end of the tunnel....although, maybe not....if there are only a few chapters left, then how much time is there to resolve things? Yikes, I fear an unhappy ending and then it will be bothering me for weeks rather than days. EEK. :angry:

Well, I won't say much but I will promise that it won't ALL be bad.

Well, I won't say much but I will promise that it won't ALL be bad.

It seems so many authors are going in the direction of very real and unhappy endings. :(

It's an epidemic :(

I want more happy stories. Although, your types of stories are definitely more memorable. I just have a love/hate relationship with them because it gives me an upset stomach. Ok, maybe not that drastic, but something akin to that.

It seems so many authors are going in the direction of very real and unhappy endings. :(

I want more happy stories. Although, your types of stories are definitely more memorable. I just have a love/hate relationship with them because it gives me an upset stomach. Ok, maybe not that drastic, but something akin to that.

Lol, your post made me laugh, Tiff! In any case I have nothing meaningful to contribute, so I shall read Mellicat's stories in the near future (I read one of them some months ago -- it had an AIDS-complicated ending, very sad :angry: ), and then comment.

I think most of my stories have happy endings. Especially the erotica. *L* Get it? *L*

I think most of my stories have happy endings. Especially the erotica. *L* Get it? *L*

Hmmm.....well doesn't erotica automatically have a happy ending....erotica....something to make people happy.....? LOL.

Anyway, I love your humor. Good times. :worship: