Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play: Chapter 32

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why didn't J/S have the same problem when he got pushed into the pool?

When he was pushed into the pool, it wasn't in deep water; his head didn't go all the way under.

Jerry leapt out of the way, but he jumped the wrong way, discovering a moment later that he couldn

You caught me in mid-edit. When I looked back at Chapter 22 I realized why the same thing hadn't happened earlier. Good job on the continuity.

Jerry didn

Edited by GaryInMiami

Jerry's present definitely has made me suspicious of Helen. Maybe she was evil after all. Also, as a member of SPiCE, I must object to giving Eric tequila. He also was close to being slashed with a knife. Need I say more?

Jerry's present definitely has made me suspicious of Helen. Maybe she was evil after all. Also, as a member of SPiCE, I must object to giving Eric tequila. He also was close to being slashed with a knife. Need I say more?

I'm certainly no fan of Helen. I've been consistent about that throughout this entire story.

Which present are you referring to because there were two presents (

alright one was technically from Gunter

) and she thinks both of them are going to the same cause?

If anything I'm more suspicious than ever about Gunter. Helen's just a bitch. Gunter appears to be capable of much more evil than merely being a bitch. And he was absent when something might have happened which would have given him a solid alibi. Could that be J/S giving a trusted ally a solid alibi?

Edited by GaryInMiami
I'm certainly no fan of Helen. I've been consistent about that throughout this entire story.

If anything I'm more suspicious than ever about Gunter. Helen's just a bitch. Gunter appears to be capable of much more evil than merely being a bitch. And he was absent when something might have happened which would have given him a solid alibi. Could that be J/S giving a trusted ally a solid alibi?

B) .........Now the goat has you believing evil of Helen and Gunter?? I wonder what Gunter did on his day "off". He picked up a giant stuffed kangaroo for Vlad, that certainly was nice of him. I wonder if he slipped something inside the present, notice J/S is slipping? He didn't bother the "scan" this time, instead he immediately handed the gift to Vlad.

Gunter is most likely a goverment agent, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Vlad is working with him also.

B) .........Now the goat has you believing evil of Helen and Gunter?? I wonder what Gunter did on his day "off". He picked up a giant stuffed kangaroo for Vlad, that certainly was nice of him. I wonder if he slipped something inside the present, notice J/S is slipping? He didn't bother the "scan" this time, instead he immediately handed the gift to Vlad.

Gunter is most likely a goverment agent, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Vlad is working with him also.

Uhhh...

A few hours later, The Scar parked the Land Rover at his Toowoomba facility. A concerned Dimitri was there to meet him. After sweeping both the vehicle and the giant stuffed kangaroo, Dimitri asked,

Uhhh...

A few hours later, The Scar parked the Land Rover at his Toowoomba facility. A concerned Dimitri was there to meet him. After sweeping both the vehicle and the giant stuffed kangaroo, Dimitri asked, "How is the situation, Vohzd?"

:wacko: .......How in the hell did I miss that, I am blaming lack of sleep!!

I was talking about the stuffed kangaroo.

Why would that make Helen evil?

It's the shock value more than anything else. I know that as an author I like to present shock value. Besides, there has been plenty of shock value in this story. Why should we not expect more?

It's the shock value more than anything else. I know that as an author I like to present shock value. Besides, there has been plenty of shock value in this story. Why should we not expect more?

I guess it's because I don't see how that gift could be evil or shocking.

Great chapter, CJ. I particularly liked:

Alcohol abuse. :lol: That's a good line. Eric seems to have mastered controlling his tongue when drinking tequila. Jerry didn't get any damaging information from him. The effect of tequila on Eric seems to be primarily pranks (throwing ice water on the lovers and pushing businessmen into the pool).

And there's no cliffhanger this time. I am sure everyone agrees.

However much I do not like agreeing to this fact, but yeah...there wasn't any cliffie this time... ;)

However much I do not like agreeing to this fact, but yeah...there wasn't any cliffie this time... ;)

Perhaps there were no new cliffies. There were certainly plenty of reinforcements about existing cliffies! Especially with regard to what J/S has planned for any number of groups and individuals.

Perhaps there were no new cliffies. There were certainly plenty of reinforcements about existing cliffies! Especially with regard to what J/S has planned for any number of groups and individuals.

That will probably be resolved in the final chapter. I have no idea which chapter is the final one.

• Site Administrator

Great chapter CJ :worship:

I really like the hi jinx that Eric gets into when he has had a shot or three of tequila :D . Although I'm a member of SPICE, Eric seemed to come out unscathed.....this time. Still, I think Jon should become a member as well by his comments that why would Jerry have an son that is an addict, and yet turn around and ply Eric with his weakness at the same time.

Actually this made me wonder....did J/S get Joe addicted in the first place? Yes we know that Joe was weak when he lost his mom, but it appears J/S will use substances to control who he wants :o

Far from me to disagree with a few people 0:) , but there appears to be a plot line that is building, which could be construed as a cliffhanger :whistle: .

And I have to give credit to Gary for getting me thinking about it, it has to due with Helen :angry: .

Now follow me on this one.

Way back in chapter 21, we have this conversation between J/S and Mario:

There was little The Scar disliked more than security risks, and the man sitting beside him had become one due to his knowledge of the Kryton switches. However, as in so many things, there was a need to balance risk with practicality. It was simply a risk he had little choice but to take, for the moment, because he needed Mario
Really, she has done quite a few things in the past that kind of could show she maybe has a relationship with J/S and knows more than what is good for her.

Things like:

• She kind of controls the group maybe a little more than a manager would normally due.
  • She knew to go to Jerry when she needed some evidence that would direct the police to Gabe and maybe leave herself and him out of the police investigation.
  • She really has been the only one pushing for the guys to like Jerry.
  • She controls the guys money, I think they said once before that they really don't know where there money is, but Helen assured them that it is stored away in case their careers come to an end.
  • She helped convince the guys to get rid of Joe, and at the same time brings Jerry on the scene.

I'm just getting really suspicious of her all of a sudden.

So what do you think?

Steve B)

Wow... there is a lot of Helen Bashing going on. you guys are turning into a bunch of haters :P

I'm going to disagree

• She kind of controls the group maybe a little more than a manager would normally due. -- Controlling a group is a managers job. I have seen no actions on Helen's part to indicate she is stepping out of her purview, other then some motherly feelings that bubble to the surface now and again.

• She knew to go to Jerry when she needed some evidence that would direct the police to Gabe and maybe leave herself and him out of the police investigation. -- Did she go to jerry, or did Jerry come forward with the information? I seem to remember him showing up and volunteering the information provided that Instinct keep his company, and provide help with Joe in the Future

• She really has been the only one pushing for the guys to like Jerry. -- Her Soft spot for the man is born of his lies and deceit. If she knew the real jerry I doubt she would push for the guys to give him a break.

• She controls the guys money, I think they said once before that they really don't know where there money is, but Helen assured them that it is stored away in case their careers come to an end. -- Once again typical of managers, How do you think MC hammer ended up broke all of the sudden? The entertainment industry is rife with stories of less then savory managers embezzling money. Yet what person high on Fame wants to be hassled with the monotony of paying bills?

• She helped convince the guys to get rid of Joe, and at the same time brings Jerry on the scene. -- She most certainly did not! She agreed with the Carlise brothers decision to be rid of Joe now that they had a suitable replacement, and noted Brandon would have more stage presence the Joe Clump. Let's not forget the position Joe Left Instinct in in the first place with a string of No-Shows. Joe Forced that situation on Himself it was not Helen.

Geeze guys, stop hating the woman. I have seen nothing yet to give me any reason to hate, or even suspect her.

Wow... there is a lot of Helen Bashing going on. you guys are turning into a bunch of haters :P

I'm going to disagree

• She kind of controls the group maybe a little more than a manager would normally due. -- Controlling a group is a managers job. I have seen no actions on Helen's part to indicate she is stepping out of her purview, other then some motherly feelings that bubble to the surface now and again.
  • She knew to go to Jerry when she needed some evidence that would direct the police to Gabe and maybe leave herself and him out of the police investigation. -- Did she go to jerry, or did Jerry come forward with the information? I seem to remember him showing up and volunteering the information provided that Instinct keep his company, and provide help with Joe in the Future
  • She really has been the only one pushing for the guys to like Jerry. -- Her Soft spot for the man is born of his lies and deceit. If she knew the real jerry I doubt she would push for the guys to give him a break.
  • She controls the guys money, I think they said once before that they really don't know where there money is, but Helen assured them that it is stored away in case their careers come to an end. -- Once again typical of managers, How do you think MC hammer ended up broke all of the sudden? The entertainment industry is rife with stories of less then savory managers embezzling money. Yet what person high on Fame wants to be hassled with the monotony of paying bills?
  • She helped convince the guys to get rid of Joe, and at the same time brings Jerry on the scene. -- She most certainly did not! She agreed with the Carlise brothers decision to be rid of Joe now that they had a suitable replacement, and noted Brandon would have more stage presence the Joe Clump. Let's not forget the position Joe Left Instinct in in the first place with a string of No-Shows. Joe Forced that situation on Himself it was not Helen.

Geeze guys, stop hating the woman. I have seen nothing yet to give me any reason to hate, or even suspect her.

B) ...................I gotta agree, some people are looking too Hard!! I guess we needs some cliffies :P

[*]She controls the guys money, I think they said once before that they really don't know where there money is, but Helen assured them that it is stored away in case their careers come to an end.

I'll concede one point about Helen even though I continue to think she's a bitch. Does anyone remember this from Chapter 5 when she was talking to Brandon about money and his debit card?

Helen seized the opportunity to quell any false expectations,
I'll concede one point about Helen even though I continue to think she's a bitch. Does anyone remember this from Chapter 5 when she was talking to Brandon about money and his debit card?

Exactly. That is not typical management behavior. What does a manager care how much money their charge spends? As long as the money keeps rolling and they still receive thirty percent they could care less. Helen at least displays the forethought to keep the guys financially stable, even after the fickle entertainment industry is done with them.

• Site Administrator

Well, let me throw this back at you then :P

We know that J/S's fund raiser back in LA was a ruse to raise money for his special project :nuke: .

We know that J/S has a legitimate shipping business.

We know that Gabe was skimming money, and to this day I believe that it was for J/S's activities.

Does this not mean that he may or may not have a confidant within the Instinct close circle?

Maybe the investment fund is all a ruse for actually the "Jerry takes over the world fund"

How and where does he get the money to buy radioactive material, kryton switches, vast amount of land and buildings in Australia, precision machinery needed to make nuclear devices, fly everywhere at a whim to take care of a 'situation'?

I think Instinct is more broke than what they know.

Steve B)

Well, let me throw this back at you then :P

We know that J/S's fund raiser back in LA was a ruse to raise money for his special project :nuke: .

We know that J/S has a legitimate shipping business.

We know that Gabe was skimming money, and to this day I believe that it was for J/S's activities.

Does this not mean that he may or may not have a confidant within the Instinct close circle?

Maybe the investment fund is all a ruse for actually the "Jerry takes over the world fund"

How and where does he get the money to buy radioactive material, kryton switches, vast amount of land and buildings in Australia, precision machinery needed to make nuclear devices, fly everywhere at a whim to take care of a 'situation'?

I think Instinct is more broke than what they know.

Steve B)

I don't care how successful Instinct is, fact remains this is their sophomore album. To put it bluntly, they are not that successful. You forget Instinct gets their share after the record company, after promoters, and after venues. They are simply small fries in the fast food kitchen that is Jerry's revenue stream. Was Gabe involved in funneling money? Maybe, but why would Jerry extend the risk for such a small reward?

Jerry doesn't need the band for money, Jerry needs the band to smuggle the devices. nothing more. As for the inside man, he had Joe, If Helen was his "inside guy" why would she wash away Joe and replace him with an unknown roadie? That would imply a grudge against Joe, and possibly upset the status-que.

I believe what the story has presented so far, Instinct is just the unwitting currier. Gabe and the skimming was just an incidental that was not connected.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..