[dkstories] Rich Boy - Growing Pains

Worthington has definately changed in the last year !

Grey path established?

Another Cliff Hanger!

Great Chapter - Thanks Dan!

more mid week? Please please please!!!

:D

Edited by Orrock

Another great chapter, Dan. Thanks.

Here's the link.

It is interesting to learn what the government is up to and to see Worthington and Jamie begin to understand what will be involved in being mages in the Gray Path. They also share their hopes for their future life.

I'm still interested in knowing how their uncle is involved in what's going on. Another intesting thing about the chapter that struck me was how Worthington did something rather evil that made him literally sick. When I first started reading the series, I noticed how he really didn't have any principles at all. Now the Gray Path seems to be developing nicely. I think that's the best path anyway. I've never been into goody-goodies, nor do I like those who are completely. I favor the anti-hero. :wub:

I think the government and whoever is behind them will come to regret trying to take on Worthington and Jamie. I expect bad assumptions will be made as they figure there will be cut n dry reactions because they've studied Dark and Light Mages.

I also think this is the catalyst and Worthington and Jamie will use to unite both communities of Mages and maybe the other magical creatures into forming a Mage governing body beyond Pheonix.

My other assumption is that Colin will cause major problems for the two before they end up having to take drastic steps to control him permanently (before he's fully trained).

Thanks for another great chapter Dan and I'm looking forward to more soon!

Steve

so, I must be missing something... I still don't understand why Dechan gasped. Wouldn't the news be more stressing to the mages? :blink:

They have more experience with situations like that. Those who are new to the world of magic are more likely to have a reaction to stressful situations. I'm sure they're feeling stress and have developed their own coping mechanisms.

Wow!

Interesting developments...and really interesting disclosures... Grey Path...hmmm... I agree with you Tim..

That is a cliffhanger if I must say so...it left me on the edge of my seat, as Dan's stories usually do (Remembers the Do Over Saga :eyes: )

I want MORE!!

:)

BeaStKid :devil:

We all want more! That's the whole idea of evil cliffhangers. I'm just wondering what's going to happen with the demon lord. He's been mentioned a few times. That is definitely foreshadowing. I really want to see what that's all about.

I think the government and whoever is behind them will come to regret trying to take on Worthington and Jamie. I expect bad assumptions will be made as they figure there will be cut n dry reactions because they've studied Dark and Light Mages.

I also think this is the catalyst and Worthington and Jamie will use to unite both communities of Mages and maybe the other magical creatures into forming a Mage governing body beyond Pheonix.

My other assumption is that Colin will cause major problems for the two before they end up having to take drastic steps to control him permanently (before he's fully trained).

Steve

Excellent predictions, Steve. I would take your Colin theory a step further. I have a feeling the Dark will be too irresistible for Colin.

Great chapter, Dan! :worship:

Conner

Steve

I wouldn't be surprised if an Adept was trying to make a covert grab for political power by using the government to do his dirty work for him. The Uncle comes to mind; but it could be any Adept, Light or Dark, insane enough to believe he could guide mages down the proper road.

As for the reaction of the other magical races, they will line-up behind Worthington and Jamie as they don't really have any choice if they want to come out to the rest of the world.

My prediction for Colin is that he will break away from Worthington as he broke away from Jamie. I believe that Uncle Sinclair will find a way to seduce him and make him into a truly Dark mage with no morals and alliegence only to the Uncle.

Tim

My prediction for Colin is that he will break away from Worthington as he broke away from Jamie. I believe that Uncle Sinclair will find a way to seduce him and make him into a truly Dark mage with no morals and alliegence only to the Uncle.

Tim

Hhhmmm.... that makes sense, especially with Dan possibly foreshadowing future troubles with the concerns we saw from Worthington and Jamie this chapter.

Steve

Steph, something I think everyone is missing about Dechaun. He's seen the outward effects of magic, and he has seen the mages sharing mental aspects with each other, but to be drawn into a rapport wherehe is receiving things directly into his mind, well isn't that a little bit unsettling for a 12 year old? Maybe his gasp was more for HOW the information was delivered instead of just the information itself.

Also, maybe his gasp was a response to the emotional content that came across in the rapport as well. Worthington may not be showing it outwardly, but his insides must be churning...

Steph, something I think everyone is missing about Dechaun. He's seen the outward effects of magic, and he has seen the mages sharing mental aspects with each other, but to be drawn into a rapport wherehe is receiving things directly into his mind, well isn't that a little bit unsettling for a 12 year old? Maybe his gasp was more for HOW the information was delivered instead of just the information itself.

Also, maybe his gasp was a response to the emotional content that came across in the rapport as well. Worthington may not be showing it outwardly, but his insides must be churning...

Thanks, Dan! Now, these suggestions make sense! :D

I wish you had addressed it in the chapter, because it felt like his reaction was important and then it wasn't mentioned again. Or maybe to clarify his response, he could've said, "What the..." instead?

So... is it Friday yet? :whistle:

That was just a bit of misdirection, Steph, so no answer in chapter. It's nice to know there are SOME readers I can still fool...

As you just proved w/ your little April Fools joke... *grumble, grumble* ...I am so unbelievably gullible. :angry::P

Maybe I need to boycott for a bit... :stupid:

Edited by steph291