[Shadowgod] Dreams & Clipped Wings 5: When Worlds Collide

ACK! He's threatening his characters! That's EEEVIL!! See? I keep telling y'all that he's evil, and here's further proof!

I'll also say that as this threat could well be directed at Cody, the Cody Liberation Front should address this issue forthwith!

I'll also mention the His Shadowyness put Cody in a perilous, life-threatening situation in DnCW5! Surely the Cody Liberation Front must act? (I'm referring to Cody almost getting garroted, though His Shadowyness only alluded to it in DnCW 5; the road boss reaching into his pocket (which is where he keeps his garroting wire).

So, what sayeth the members of the Cody Liberation Front regaring these outrages? Save Cody!

But that can't mean me; Everyone knows that I'd never have anything to do with a cliff!

Yes, His Shaddowyness must learn to be more tolerant of typos. He's so unreasonable over little things like that. 0:)

Life-threatening? I think that is an exaggeration. Cody should have been able to go further with Eric, but you are to blame just as much as Shadowgod for that. :angry:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life-threatening? I think that is an exaggeration. Cody should have been able to go further with Eric, but you are to blame just as much as Shadowgod for that. :angry:

B) .........True, his Shadowyness could have had a better exit for Cody

Okay, so, it's hard to jump in on the discussion here, because I haven't read LiS yet (I will, though!), but here goes...

So, personally, I think Joe is all wrong for Cody. I mean look how he lets Julie walk all over him! Joe had the perfect opportunity to end things with Julie, but he didn't! So, is he falling for Cody or not? If so, he's gotta end things with Julie first. Cody was right about that. Kudos to him! (or was that foreshadowing?)

I'm all for Damon and Cody! Even Cody seems to think that, too! We may find out that Damon's personality isn't right for Cody, but isn't that the fun of a new relationship? I hope Cody goes out with Damon in the next chapter. :wub: Yes, yes, I'm ignoring the nasty conversation Joe and Cody are cliff'ed to have. Not expecting anything positive to come out of that anyway... way too early in the story yet!

Okay, so, it's hard to jump in on the discussion here, because I haven't read LiS yet (I will, though!), but here goes...

So, personally, I think Joe is all wrong for Cody. I mean look how he lets Julie walk all over him! Joe had the perfect opportunity to end things with Julie, but he didn't! So, is he falling for Cody or not? If so, he's gotta end things with Julie first. Cody was right about that. Kudos to him! (or was that foreshadowing?)

I'm all for Damon and Cody! Even Cody seems to think that, too! We may find out that Damon's personality isn't right for Cody, but isn't that the fun of a new relationship? I hope Cody goes out with Damon in the next chapter. :wub: Yes, yes, I'm ignoring the nasty conversation Joe and Cody are cliff'ed to have. Not expecting anything positive to come out of that anyway... way too early in the story yet!

B) ..........It is way too early in the story, I still see Joe as a concerned friend, a little confused about Cody, but if they get together I see nothing but trouble.

B) ..........It is way too early in the story, I still see Joe as a concerned friend, a little confused about Cody, but if they get together I see nothing but trouble.

There is plenty of misdirection here. All we can do is guess who he is going to be with from this point forward. I do know that both Damon and Joe like Cody, but whether or not either of them will end up with Cody is anyone's guess. We may not know for a long time. The Dark One tends to make us wait a while before revealing such things. Maybe we won't find out until the end. :ph34r:

There is plenty of misdirection here. All we can do is guess who he is going to be with from this point forward. I do know that both Damon and Joe like Cody, but whether or not either of them will end up with Cody is anyone's guess. We may not know for a long time. The Dark One tends to make us wait a while before revealing such things. Maybe we won't find out until the end. :ph34r:

B) ...........And his Shadowyness has yet to bring in the other characters as this saga unfolds. Who knows what evil lies in the hearts of......never mind!

B) ...........And his Shadowyness has yet to bring in the other characters as this saga unfolds. Who knows what evil lies in the hearts of......never mind!

Well, he likes to create an atmosphere of intrigue. The motivations of the characters can be somewhat mysterious. Look how long it took us to find out what Joe was thinking. All I know is that I need my fix. I wonder how Chapter 6 is progressing. 0:)

Well, he likes to create an atmosphere of intrigue. The motivations of the characters can be somewhat mysterious. Look how long it took us to find out what Joe was thinking. All I know is that I need my fix. I wonder how Chapter 6 is progressing. 0:)

:( ..........Didn't he say two weeks from the last chapter?

I agree. It's early in the story yet, so I suspect that we are seeing only a tiny fraction of what His Shadowyness has to reveal. :) One of the things I love about Shadowgod's stories is the way he paints the picture; we were kept guessing about Joe, but now we've had a major serving of info. In other worde, he seems to use varied pacing, and does so very well indeed. :)

So, any more guesses regarding what that EEEvil cliff'ed between Cody and Joe was about? It could be something utterly different to what we expect. Trouble paying the rent?

:( ..........Didn't he say two weeks from the last chapter?

Yes, he probably did, but do remember, His Shadowyness is EEvil like that. ;-) My prediction is that DnCW 6 will appear either on, before, or after April 22nd. I'd be willing to bet money on that, too!

CJ :)

I agree. It's early in the story yet, so I suspect that we are seeing only a tiny fraction of what His Shadowyness has to reveal. :) One of the things I love about Shadowgod's stories is the way he paints the picture; we were kept guessing about Joe, but now we've had a major serving of info. In other worde, he seems to use varied pacing, and does so very well indeed. :)

So, any more guesses regarding what that EEEvil cliff'ed between Cody and Joe was about? It could be something utterly different to what we expect. Trouble paying the rent?

Yes, he probably did, but do remember, His Shadowyness is EEvil like that. ;-) My prediction is that DnCW 6 will appear either on, before, or after April 22nd. I'd be willing to bet money on that, too!

CJ :)

How very astute of you to narrow down the time frame like that CJ, I may have mentioned I'm trying to keep a two week posting average, as 5 was posted with in a week of 4, I think have room to stretch my legs a little bit. :P

6 is, however, about 1/4 finished going by normal chapter word counts.

the ending of 5 was a surprise, I must admit. I originally planned on playing the next twist in DnCW but as I started the new chapter, I figured it was a little too early in the story for that, So I had to scrap the original intention. That left me in a pickle as what to do with the ending of Five. I know utility bills are mudane, but if it fixes a literary mis-step why ignore it?

How very astute of you to narrow down the time frame like that CJ, I may have mentioned I'm trying to keep a two week posting average, as 5 was posted with in a week of 4, I think have room to stretch my legs a little bit. :P

6 is, however, about 1/4 finished going by normal chapter word counts.

the ending of 5 was a surprise, I must admit. I originally planned on playing the next twist in DnCW but as I started the new chapter, I figured it was a little too early in the story for that, So I had to scrap the original intention. That left me in a pickle as what to do with the ending of Five. I know utility bills are mudane, but if it fixes a literary mis-step why ignore it?

I'm still sticking my my prediction of a timeframe. :) I know how much you enjoy proving me wrong, but I doubt you shall this time. :P

If you do use utility bills as the explanation for the CLIFFHANGER, there's nothing at all wrong with that. It will merely prove that you love cliffhangers and are skilled at crafting them. Also, perfectly okay from a literary perspective too. HOWEVER, there is one aspect that is definitively NOT ok; if you have, indeed, spoken truthfully (doubtful, as Satan is known as the Father of Lies :P ) then you have just give a SPOILER! And seeing as the Echidna is still about occasionally, and furthermore will be back from his holidays in a week or so, he will likely find out. And you know that that means... You shall become a pincushion! Muahahahaha!

Very much looking forward to D&CW 6!!!

All jokes aside, I have no doubts that it will be superb. :)

I'm still holding to my theory; Joe using Cody's computer was no coincidence, and is involved in some way with the cliffhanger.

• Site Administrator
I'm still holding to my theory; Joe using Cody's computer was no coincidence, and is involved in some way with the cliffhanger.

Well it could be Joe went online and discovered that Cody hasn't paid the utility bill in a couple of months? :P

Cody should be able to clear this up in no time with the extra grand that Eric sent his way.

Viola, problem solved :D

Well it could be Joe went online and discovered that Cody hasn't paid the utility bill in a couple of months? :P

Cody should be able to clear this up in no time with the extra grand that Eric sent his way.

Viola, problem solved :D

This is true! Cody does have an extra grand coming, plus the check he wasn't expecting.

However, considering the eevil that his His Shadowyness, I suspect the "let's talk" was far more ominous. This is, after all, a 100% authentic Shadowgod EEEvil Cliffhanger, and those are always, always evil...

pesky payroll mess ups, too bad Cody is an honest guy...

If you don't let Cody keep that money, you are being horribly mean to Cody! I think I detect a job for the Cody Liberation Front!

This injustice to Cody cannot stand!!!

:2hands: :sword: :axeman: :battleaxe: :pickaxe: :fire: :battleaxe: :mace:

If you don't let Cody keep that money, you are being horribly mean to Cody! I think I detect a job for the Cody Liberation Front!

B) ..............I have to agree with the Goat on this, that was money well deserved :P

Hmmmm... this looks like an attempt to deflect attention from evil being done to Eric. :angry:

<_< ........At least it looks like Cody will live to spend it!! What of Eric's vacation plans?

<_< ........At least it looks like Cody will live to spend it!! What of Eric's vacation plans?

The question is, will His Shadowyness allow Cody to have it? Or rather, turn Eric's kindness to evil in some way?

The question is, will His Shadowyness allow Cody to have it? Or rather, turn Eric's kindness to evil in some way?

Well, part of that is dependent upon you. You let them survive Chapter 38, but what if you have decided to let Eric die? :wacko:

Well, part of that is dependent upon you. You let them survive Chapter 38, but what if you have decided to let Eric die? :wacko:

B) .......Well Eric#1 (EVIL) :evil: is still alive, I think the goat likes his Erics, so I suspect they will survive. Scar maybe the first evil character the goat kills off, with the exception of the Piedmont Sheriff and deputies (evil group) that were killed I can't think of any other evil characters (Blackheart is still alive) that have been killed!!

B) .......Well Eric#1 (EVIL) :evil: is still alive, I think the goat likes his Erics, so I suspect they will survive. Scar maybe the first evil character the goat kills off, with the exception of the Piedmont Sheriff and deputies (evil group) that were killed I can't think of any other evil characters (Blackheart is still alive) that have been killed!!

You're forgetting CJ's love of irony here. I would never assume that all events in LTMP will mirror FTL. ;)

You're forgetting CJ's love of irony here. I would never assume that all events in LTMP will mirror FTL. ;)

B) ......Actually I'm not, I strongly suspect Scar's plans will be ruined, but I see him riding into the sunset, or hiding in the jungle with some tribe. :funny:

B) ......Actually I'm not, I strongly suspect Scar's plans will be ruined, but I see him riding into the sunset, or hiding in the jungle with some tribe. :funny:

I think it will be that way too. That's because I suspect the goat of being doing something EEEvil to ruffle our feathers a bit. That's not something I would ever do though. 0:)