Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play Ch 35

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great chapter, CJ. The plot moves forward nicely. No real cliffhanger that I could find except the big one implicit in the plot itself.

Chase helps us understand Eric's sexuality a bit more...

Another great chapter, CJ. The plot moves forward nicely. No real cliffhanger that I could find except the big one implicit in the plot itself.

Chase helps us understand Eric's sexuality a bit more...

Mario's list has grown. A goose?

Yes, Chase seems to understand Eric even when he's been drinking. I do believe that Eric is still a little confused about his sexuality, but some people seem to have difficulties. Maybe he is a bi leaning female after all. I guess that's the only cliffy in this one. :P

Yes, Chase seems to understand Eric even when he's been drinking. I do believe that Eric is still a little confused about his sexuality, but some people seem to have difficulties. Maybe he is a bi leaning female after all. I guess that's the only cliffy in this one. :P

B) ............The goose was a surprise too, perhaps it was easier than obtaining a goat, (CJ probably detested the engineers idea) which brings up another point, I don't remember Scar knowing or mentioning Telluride, he obviously knows that the place exists? Then there is Dimitris coded message to Mario, wonder what he is up to? Finally will Helen mention to the band about Joe? Good for Eric tucking in a tip to Cody, well after that kiss I guess he wanted to show his "appreciation". I can only guess the next titles chapter

binary tellurium compound: a binary compound of tellurium with an electropositive element or group

hey everyone it has been awhile since i was here. I found something in this latest chapter I wanted to point out. Also where has graeme been?

The Scar chugged a caffeine-laced energy drink, knowing that he needed to be awake and alert. It was far from easy; he’d worked through the night, supervising the setup of Instinct’s gear. ‘The City that Never Sleeps,’ he thought, was an appropriate label given his current sleep deficit. He consoled himself with the thought that the following afternoon’s concert would be their last.

hey everyone it has been awhile since i was here. I found something in this latest chapter I wanted to point out. Also where has graeme been?

The Scar chugged a caffeine-laced energy drink, knowing that he needed to be awake and alert. It was far from easy; he

• Site Administrator

The Scar chugged a caffeine-laced energy drink, knowing that he needed to be awake and alert. It was far from easy; he

BTW, I do believe that is 3 Mondays in a row CJ, does this mean Monday is the new Tuesday? Or are you just teasing Graeme?

Monday is the new Tuesday, five is the new four, and a goose is the weapon of choice?

It was a good chapter CJ,, finally we got some Joe showing up in the story.. I particularly loved all the details, historical and not, that was given for the station...

If I understand the story right,, it means the the entire band survive the tour without too much problems,,, it's good news,,, hopefully they won't be close to SF nor NYC when the bombs will explodes,,,,

It was a good chapter CJ,, finally we got some Joe showing up in the story.. I particularly loved all the details, historical and not, that was given for the station...

If I understand the story right,, it means the the entire band survive the tour without too much problems,,, it's good news,,, hopefully they won't be close to SF nor NYC when the bombs will explodes,,,,

I don't see the problem with SF, Los Angeles, where they all have their homes, and well the surprise package in the Chavez ravine ... that's another story all together.

That IMHO is particularly devious, as the LA Police Academy is right there as well.

Wait, incinerating the police academy... Cj has stated his distaste for California in the past... Could the goat have a slew of unpaid parking tickets he is trying to get out of? :P

Another good chapter, CJ!

I wonder about Dimitri, though. Would you trust someone named Dimiti, especially considering his line of work?

And, the goose! Now, that's good! Getting the goose to do it's part is a bit tricky, but the effect will definitely look totally accidental, which is the point, right? B)

Agree, or the bombs won't. well have to see :)

:( ............No bomb in SF, you mean LA

Isn't there a bomb planted at Candlestick Park in San Francisco?

B) .......read on..........there were only two bombs brought over from Australia

Dodger Stadium had proven perfect for The Scar

Someone is extremely trigger happy. I still have not figure out why he wants to do these things. Is his reasoning ever going to be explained? Surely there is a reason why someone would want to destroy major cities. :ph34r:

Someone is extremely trigger happy. I still have not figure out why he wants to do these things. Is his reasoning ever going to be explained? Surely there is a reason why someone would want to destroy major cities. :ph34r:

<_< ..........In the goats world...poor misunderstood "Scar" wants money and power! He hopes, by "demonstrating" that he has the power to destroy a major US city he will be able to blackmail the US for money, maybe even hoodwink other countries that they are at risk or sell them the phoney ones. Once he (don't know how he plans to get away with it and get the money too, considering everyone in the world will be out to get him). But in his crazed (misunderstood) mind he wants to install himself as a dictator for some South American country........in the goats world mind you!!

P.S. If he gets caught, I wonder if they will waterboard him :o

Edited by Benji
<_< ..........In the goats world...poor misunderstood "Scar" wants money and power! He hopes, by "demonstrating" that he has the power to destroy a major US city he will be able to blackmail the US for money, maybe even hoodwink other countries that they are at risk or sell them the phoney ones. Once he (don't know how he plans to get away with it and get the money too, considering everyone in the world will be out to get him). But in his crazed (misunderstood) mind he wants to install himself as a dictator for some South American country........in the goats world mind you!!

P.S. If he gets caught, I wonder if they will waterboard him :o

Waterboarding seems rather tame compared to what I think needs to be done. I don't consider The Scar misunderstood. He's just evil.

Waterboarding seems rather tame compared to what I think needs to be done. I don't consider The Scar misunderstood. He's just evil.

B) ..........Maybe just leave him tied up in a room with Eric#1

My sincere thanks to all who acknowledged that this chapter was cliffhanger-free! :worship:

Writing Eric's conversation with Chase was fun. Honestly, *I* wasn't quite sure what his sexuality was when that began. It basically revealed itself during the conversation.

I was wondering if anyone noticed this bit?

He was certain that he was the first human to see into the space since 1910, over a hundred years before.

That isn't a goof on my part. That sets the year that LTMP is taking place as 2010 or later. :)

And yes, Mario is consulting the phone book in search of a goose. However, that's totally logicial IMHO: he's new in town, and as such where else would he go looking for a goose? 0:)

All the background info on Penn station is, to the best of my knowledge (and per some considerable research) true. Even the staircase structure under which the bomb is planted is real. The natural radioactivity of granite is also very true.

Well, now we know for sure who Mario's targets are. :)

As for chapter posting days; I try and post on Tuesday, but, I was expecting to be busy today, so I figured I'd post Monday afternoon instead. I often post late monday. :)

Oh, I have a little surprise coming... I was fairly far ahead when writing the next two chapters, and also I didn't want to break them at normal length. As a result, chapter 36 is about 50% larger than normal. Chapter 37, however, is over twice normal size. :) I can't speed up the posting rate, but at least this way they are far larger chapters.

BTW, FrenchCanadian, I can assure everyone that the band survives the tour! I can do this without fear of the Echidna's anti-spoiler spines, becuase it's in the posted text. The tour ended at the end of 35, and they were all alive, so therefor they survived the tour! :)

Okay, there are, per the text; three bombs. They are identical. What we know so far is that they were desighed to have a shelf-life of about ten years, unmaintained. That means the two in the US can sit where they are for years if need be.

We don't know, for certain, all the details of The Scar's plan yet. However, there have been references and clues all along. We know he's expecting to have unlimited funding for his Paraguay takeover. For those who are curious to know exactly what the plans are, in detail, you don't have long to wait.

Oh... It's a bit early to mention this, but the next chapter is entitled "Prometheus".

Seeing as The Echidna is on holiday and thus unlikely to read this, I'll even give tidbit of info about it ; we find out the meaning of the story's title, and it is not what you think.

I'll come back to the thread soon; I'm also always happy to answer any questions, though in some cases I can't if the answers would be spoilers.

Ok, a question...

She felt a slight shiver as Brandon sang the first stanza of the second verse, and its haunting words echoed through the arena,
  • Site Administrator

Hmm, so the story actually takes place in the future, maybe this would explain why a goose would be listed in the phone book :blink: .

I was kind of wondering what you were doing when you had them do that song at the end of the concert tour, and since it was the last song, it was kind of dark. But you seemed to give us the reaction of the crowd, who was silent, pondering the words and then breaking out in applause, so even though it was dark, maybe it wasn't a downer for the crowd.

Speaking of dark :ph34r: , in a way this was kind of a dark chapter.

Trying to keep everyone happy, Dimitri said,
The one bright spot was the encounter between Joe and Helen. I still think he might end up being the unforeseen hero, much like the heroic Eric in FTL :P .

I don't think it's unforeseen actually. In fact, I believe his reappearance is foreshadowing of his importance in the story. I could be wrong though.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..