[Shadowgod] A real must-see video.

Cliffhanger? :P

Holysh*t don't think I would do that unless I had a parachute.

I don't think I'd do that even if the walkway was in good condition AND I had a parachute! <shudder>

His Shadowyness likes such things, but not me.

It's in Spain, BTW, and called El Camino Del Ray. It's 700 feet up the side of the sheer cliffs of the gorge, and has been in disrepair since about 1925. Several people manage to get themselves killed on it every year.

geez someone appears to be in full propaganda mode....

wonder why that could be? :blink:

Propaganda? Not so!! I never even said why it was here, I just let everyone guess! :P

Now, if I was trying for Propaganda, I'd have mentioned that it was you taking the video, but did I say that? Noo!

OOOps, I guess that cat might be out of the bag on that one... 0:)

The video has been taken down by YouTube.

Colin B)

Well that sucks... I guess they must have thought the whole trek through the canyon too explicit. :blink:

COLIN!!!

how ya been?

What? Its my forum I can go off topic if I please!

I don't think I'd do that even if the walkway was in good condition AND I had a parachute! <shudder>

His Shadowyness likes such things, but not me.

It's in Spain, BTW, and called El Camino Del Ray. It's 700 feet up the side of the sheer cliffs of the gorge, and has been in disrepair since about 1925. Several people manage to get themselves killed on it every year.

The video seems to have been removed as Colin said. Now, we all know how goats just love cliffs. I suspect we're going to really be seeing just how much goats love cliffs soon. I suspect you're doing this pre-emptive strike so that you minimize the risk of maintaining your title. Well, I am already pre-emptively campaigning for just that, because you're awesome and you are definitely on your way to earning it once again. :worship:

The video seems to have been removed as Colin said. Now, we all know how goats just love cliffs. I suspect we're going to really be seeing just how much goats love cliffs soon. I suspect you're doing this pre-emptive strike so that you minimize the risk of maintaining your title. Well, I am already pre-emptively campaigning for just that, because you're awesome and you are definitely on your way to earning it once again. :worship:

What makes anything think that this video is anything to do with me? Unlike His Shadowyness, I don't like dizzying heights. :P

As for the video (I fixed the link) it was the most fear-of-heights inducing thing I've seen the immortal cliffhanger of LiS 26.

Here's a wikipedia page on the walkway.

What makes anything think that this video is anything to do with me? Unlike His Shadowyness, I don't like dizzying heights. :P

As for the video (I fixed the link) it was the most fear-of-heights inducing thing I've seen the immortal cliffhanger of LiS 26.

Here's a wikipedia page on the walkway.

Beyond you posting it??

Beyond you posting it??

Aww, I just posted it, with NO connection to you, becuase I knew that everyone would instantly associate you with it. The dizzying heights, the precipitious drops, the crumbling, tattered path clinging to the edge of the abyss...

I don't know how you do it. I was in Sedona the other day, four-wheeling, and had a short stretch of shelf road to deal with. (a road, a dirt trail in this case, notched into the side of a mountain). It wasn't even a hundred feet down to the rocks below, and I still got nervous every time my tires came within six inches of the crumbling edge. Of course, logically, a hundred feet is as bad as a thousand; both would be fatal. I just do not share your love of the dizzying heights, sorry.

I doubt goats would have any problems going up there. All they have to do is jump over the spots where the concrete has fallen. As for dizzying heights, I suspect that he likes roller coasters. I do too actually. :)

I doubt goats would have any problems going up there. All they have to do is jump over the spots where the concrete has fallen. As for dizzying heights, I suspect that he likes roller coasters. I do too actually. :)

Bear in mind that if concrete has fallen in some places, it is likely almost read to in others. LoL I doubt anyone other than a true denizin of heights, such as His Shadowyness, would go up there. However, a lot of people who go on that walkway are rockclimbers (hrrrrm, and come to think of it, so is Steve.... coincidence? I think not!)

And, umm, yes, I do like rollercosters. I also like flying. Airobatics are a favorite of mine... and I've skydived. However, it's vertical surfaces (such as cliffs) that I can't go near; it makes me dizzy just thinking about them. <shudder>

Bear in mind that if concrete has fallen in some places, it is likely almost read to in others. LoL I doubt anyone other than a true denizin of heights, such as His Shadowyness, would go up there. However, a lot of people who go on that walkway are rockclimbers (hrrrrm, and come to think of it, so is Steve.... coincidence? I think not!)

And, umm, yes, I do like rollercosters. I also like flying. Airobatics are a favorite of mine... and I've skydived. However, it's vertical surfaces (such as cliffs) that I can't go near; it makes me dizzy just thinking about them. <shudder>

B) ..........Dizzy???...........Cliffs?????....Coming from a goat?? I like rock climbing, I can take my camera and get some great pictures of wildlife hanging around the cliffs, a lot of goats :P

• Site Administrator

Now CJ, are you being totally truthful here??

IMO this video has been posted actually by you. What will you do to convince us of your supposedly fear of prepices? Obviously you went and mocked up your personal video and called it El Camino del Ray

I have it on pretty good authority that this is actually a video of you walking down from your house (den, pen, barn, just where do you live :blink: ?) to get to the flat lands where you can pick up an Internet signal to forward on your stories to your editors or to post.

Also, it inspires you for your next chapter ending each and every time that you post :P .

Now come clean dear ol goat :D !

• Site Administrator

Speaking of videos, may I remind you not to upset Jan :P !

Here is a

minute clip of his past four encounters of your kind.

Here is a

That's an excellent point. There are other tricks that an eagle has up its sleeves. A goat on a cliff is in grave peril if there's a hungry or angry eagle around. :ph34r: Also, if there are goats in close proximity to tigers, there is just as much risk. 0:)

• Site Moderator

Here is a

You win some, you lose some. I'm also lucky that I didn't get my tail feathers singed.

That's an excellent point. There are other tricks that an eagle has up its sleeves. A goat on a cliff is in grave peril if there's a hungry or angry eagle around. :ph34r: Also, if there are goats in close proximity to tigers, there is just as much risk. 0:)

I think a tiger would have a much higher success rate at getting a goat than an eagle.

You win some, you lose some. I'm also lucky that I didn't get my tail feathers singed.

I think a tiger would have a much higher success rate at getting a goat than an eagle.

When an eagle is in its element, an attack from above, I think the success rate is relatively high. On the ground, an eagle would probably not be nearly as successful. Tigers are ambush predators. They like to slowly sneak up to their prey and strike quickly yet methodically. Big cats have two main modes of killing: severing the spinal cord with teeth and suffocating with a neck bite. Tigers often choose the former, because they are the best jumpers. So yes, killing a goat is relatively easy for a tiger unless the goat spots the tiger and manages to get away. That is unlikely, however, because tigers have great stamina. B)

When an eagle is in its element, an attack from above, I think the success rate is relatively high. On the ground, an eagle would probably not be nearly as successful. Tigers are ambush predators. They like to slowly sneak up to their prey and strike quickly yet methodically. Big cats have two main modes of killing: severing the spinal cord with teeth and suffocating with a neck bite. Tigers often choose the former, because they are the best jumpers. So yes, killing a goat is relatively easy for a tiger unless the goat spots the tiger and manages to get away. That is unlikely, however, because tigers have great stamina. B)

<_< ........So what your saying is the "old" goat has no stamina!