Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Chapter 37

There's been too many technical details about the nuclear stuff for a down and out roadie to see in a dream. I just re-read the first three chapters and there's no mention of this being in the future. However CJ could always pull a "Dallas" on us and spring the dream crap on us at the end of the story.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's been too many technical details about the nuclear stuff for a down and out roadie to see in a dream. I just re-read the first three chapters and there's no mention of this being in the future. However CJ could always pull a "Dallas" on us and spring the dream crap on us at the end of the story.

We'll have to wait and see. There is no way of knowing until the next chapter is published. Is it Monday yet? Damn... it's only Tuesday. :(

We'll have to wait and see. There is no way of knowing until the next chapter is published. Is it Monday yet? Damn... it's only Tuesday. :(

Cayman National Bank

US Dollar account #: 021 77 666

Transfer of 100,000$ plus PM to me= chapter 38 in your mailbox

B) .....Irony, is a trademark of the goats, then you've mentioned the Dallas episode!! The most hyped cliffhanger in TV history, Ironic it is also the convention site of GA authors.

Edited by Benji

The most hyped cliffhanger of Dallas was when the season ended and left us wondering who shot JR. I'm referring to when the producers killed off Bobby Ewing and the ratings took a nosedive. So at the start of the next season Bobby came back and the entire previous season was blamed on a bad dream by a character in the show.

[Edit Reason: Spelling error.]

Edited by GaryInMiami
The most hyped cliffhanger of Dallas was when the season ended and left us wondering who shot JR. I'm referring to when the producers killed off Bobby Ewing and the ratings took a nosedive. So at the start of the next season Bobby came back and the entire previous season was blamed on a bad dream by a character in the show.

[Edit Reason: Spelling error.]

B) ..........One wonders if the show had a goat for a screen writer

B) ..........One wonders if the show had a goat for a screen writer

More likely a bunch of sheep. ;)

I remain convinced that Instinct has been the sideshow all along. Something to hold our attention because a story strictly about The Scar and his plans would never be as well received on GA as a story that involves a bunch of handsome young men and a budding romance. Therefore killing off Instinct will not be an issue for CJ. Then LTMP will conclude with whatever happens to The Scar and his scheme to extort billions of dollars from the US government.

More likely a bunch of sheep. ;)

I remain convinced that Instinct has been the sideshow all along. Something to hold our attention because a story strictly about The Scar and his plans would never be as well received on GA as a story that involves a bunch of handsome young men and a budding romance. Therefore killing off Instinct will not be an issue for CJ. Then LTMP will conclude with whatever happens to The Scar and his scheme to extort billions of dollars from the US government.

:( ............Your point is that now that everyone is hooked into the story, what is a few members of a popular band when 100,000 people are already dead and millions are at risk! How do you connect Scar to the band then? Only a survivor, or the GPS.

:( ............Your point is that now that everyone is hooked into the story, what is a few members of a popular band when 100,000 people are already dead and millions are at risk! How do you connect Scar to the band then? Only a survivor, or the GPS.

Yes, that's my point. Therefore you don't connect Scar to the band. There will be no survivors. The GPS won't work. The rest of the story will be about Scar and his extortion scheme. One or two more chapters and the story is done.

As I told a friend in PM I'd love to be wrong about this. I promised to remain open minded enough to believe anything plausible that CJ comes up with.

Edited by GaryInMiami
Yes, that's my point. Therefore you don't connect Scar to the band. There will be no survivors. The GPS won't work. The rest of the story will be about Scar and his extortion scheme. One or two more chapters and the story is done.

As I told a friend in PM I'd love to be wrong about this. I promised to remain open minded enough to believe anything plausible that CJ comes up with.

:( ...........That not only is plausible, but just devious a plot for our evil goat to do to us.

Everybody thought I was joking when I asked, repeatedly, for custody of Eric. he would have been happy with me, but nooooooooo; the goat was being Evil. Downright demonic, he knew he was going to do this all along.

Peeks head cautiously into forum.... :)

Please don't read anything I'm about to say as anything more than some points regarding what has already been posted.

So far, no one (me included) has disclosed any actual info from Chapter 38 (we can't! The Echidna is back, and he of the anti-spoiler spines is honor-bound to make a pincushion out of anyone giving out spoilers). Sometimes, an editor or beta will also drop a few false "leaks", for fun. I've done this myself, such as my recent claims of a dizzying Cliffhanger in chapter 12 of Shadowgod's Dreams and Clipped Wings. The truth in that case is, I have no clue if there will be one or not. The chapter does not yet exist and as such I have no clue what it will contain. As for LTMP 38, The only real "leak" so far is that chapter 38 exists. This, I can confirm, is true... However, it is possible that it's short. "The End". Or, not. :)

A y'all know, I'm a big fan of forshadowing. This situation with the plane was forshadowed from the start: Brandon's flying.

Also, I almost never post lyrics in the text. When I've done so, they are always original (written by me) and there for a purpose.

Remember the lyrics of the song Instinct sang at their final concert?

Standing at the edge, looking out at a sullen sky, shattered dreams, all hope is gone... shot down in flames.

This could play into the bit Benji quoted a few posts above, from the story description about Brandon's dreams.

Brandon's dreams had been crushed far too often for him to ever believe, especially in himself. Follow along as he experiences some massive changes in his life, along with a few bumps in the road, and a few high-pressure situations.

The mention of "Shot down in flames" could certainly also be rather appropriate. Standing at the edge? Well, um, yes, more on that lower down.

The "dreams" part, and i do see the references to "Dallas", well.. let's just say, I never watched that show, but I heard about it, and I feel the whole "dreams" device is contrived and cliche. I also happen to utterly despise cliches.

Also, which character has the title of the story? "Let the Music Play"? As we saw in Prometheus, that was the command Jerry gave to order the annihilation of Toowoomba and a huge chunk of Queensland. So, Jerry has the title.

An antagonist winning? Is that possible? Hrmmm, anyone remember who, exactly, rde off into the sunset at the end of FTL with a suitcase full of cash?

Ok, to calm everyone down, I suppose I could release the title of chapter 38? It's "Death Above and Death Below."

Okay, now I've stirred up enough ominous points, I have a confession to make. Please sit down before reading further, becuase this will be a shocker....

LTMP 37, "Fire in the Sky", is a cliffhanger. And I wrote it.

Shocked? You should be. I, who never use cliffhangers, have just admitted using one. I do this in spite of the fact I have created a perfect out: Shadowgod wrote the chapter ending. This is, in fact, true: He wrote the elipsis at the end of the chapter. I can prove this, becuase I took a screen cap when I copied it from one of his chapters and pasted it into the end of LTMP 37. But, I have decided that instead, I must confess to using a cliffhanger, and also explain why. The culprit is Shadowgod's cliffhanging throne. Back in January, I was voted in, so unjustly, as King of Evil Cliffhangers. As such, I became the unwilling occupant of Shadowgod's cliffhanging throne.

In brief, it's making me dizzy. Is teeters on the crumbling edge of the malevolent precipices, and I, unlike Shadowgod, am afraid of heights. So, I have dizzy spells, and vertigo. This, combined with it's malevolent, evil influence, compelled me to, yes, I admit it, write a cliffhanger.

The answer, I think, is clear. Shadowgod must be returned to his honored place, and re-occupy his cliffhanging throne.

If this was to occur, I'd be so relieved, so overjoyed, at being freed from the dizzying heights his throne occupies that I would post LTMP 38 early (well before the weekend), and resolve the cliffhanger, once and for all.

I hope Shadowgod, out of the goodness of his heart, will reclaim his throne. If not, perhaps y'all could, you know, persuade him a little? An outcry for him to do so might just do the trick. If not, I'm sure we can devise other means of, ahem, persuasion.

CJ :)

Please don't read anything I'm about to say as anything more than some points regarding what has already been posted.

So far, no one (me included) has disclosed any actual info from Chapter 38 (we can't! The Echidna is back, and he of the anti-spoiler spines is honor-bound to make a pincushion out of anyone giving out spoilers). Sometimes, an editor or beta will also drop a few false "leaks", for fun. I've done this myself, such as my recent claims of a dizzying Cliffhanger in chapter 12 of Shadowgod's Dreams and Clipped Wings. The truth in that case is, I have no clue if there will be one or not. The chapter does not yet exist and as such I have no clue what it will contain. As for LTMP 38, The only real "leak" so far is that chapter 38 exists. This, I can confirm, is true... However, it is possible that it's short. "The End". Or, not. :)

A y'all know, I'm a big fan of forshadowing. This situation with the plane was forshadowed from the start: Brandon's flying.

Also, I almost never post lyrics in the text. When I've done so, they are always original (written by me) and there for a purpose.

This could play into the bit Benji quoted a few posts above, from the story description about Brandon's dreams.

The mention of "Shot down in flames" could certainly also be rather appropriate. Standing at the edge? Well, um, yes, more on that lower down.

The "dreams" part, and i do see the references to "Dallas", well.. let's just say, I never watched that show, but I heard about it, and I feel the whole "dreams" device is contrived and cliche. I also happen to utterly despise cliches.

Also, which character has the title of the story? "Let the Music Play"? As we saw in Prometheus, that was the command Jerry gave to order the annihilation of Toowoomba and a huge chunk of Queensland. So, Jerry has the title.

An antagonist winning? Is that possible? Hrmmm, anyone remember who, exactly, rde off into the sunset at the end of FTL with a suitcase full of cash?

Ok, to calm everyone down, I suppose I could release the title of chapter 38? It's "Death Above and Death Below."

Okay, now I've stirred up enough ominous points, I have a confession to make. Please sit down before reading further, becuase this will be a shocker....

Shocked? You should be. I, who never use cliffhangers, have just admitted using one. I do this in spite of the fact I have created a perfect out: Shadowgod wrote the chapter ending. This is, in fact, true: He wrote the elipsis at the end of the chapter. I can prove this, becuase I took a screen cap when I copied it from one of his chapters and pasted it into the end of LTMP 37. But, I have decided that instead, I must confess to using a cliffhanger, and also explain why. The culprit is Shadowgod's cliffhanging throne. Back in January, I was voted in, so unjustly, as King of Evil Cliffhangers. As such, I became the unwilling occupant of Shadowgod's cliffhanging throne.

In brief, it's making me dizzy. Is teeters on the crumbling edge of the malevolent precipices, and I, unlike Shadowgod, am afraid of heights. So, I have dizzy spells, and vertigo. This, combined with it's malevolent, evil influence, compelled me to, yes, I admit it, write a cliffhanger.

The answer, I think, is clear. Shadowgod must be returned to his honored place, and re-occupy his cliffhanging throne.

If this was to occur, I'd be so relieved, so overjoyed, at being freed from the dizzying heights his throne occupies that I would post LTMP 38 early (well before the weekend), and resolve the cliffhanger, once and for all.

I hope Shadowgod, out of the goodness of his heart, will reclaim his throne. If not, perhaps y'all could, you know, persuade him a little? An outcry for him to do so might just do the trick. If not, I'm sure we can devise other means of, ahem, persuasion.

:P ...............ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm choking here, CJ please stop!!

I do believe that was the evil Eric.

The moral of the story... If you're evil, you'll still be fine as long as you're not a homophobe. :)

:( ............I will start re-reading, but I'm pretty sure there was no morals in the story!

Now, why am I convinced that Shadowgod will not cooperate??? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Now, why am I convinced that Shadowgod will not cooperate??? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Perhaps he will need some persuasion? Come on, everyone, let your voices be heard, call on Shadowgod to resume his rightful throne!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..