Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Chapter 38

I just read it.

CJ shall not be sacrificed to the gods just yet. Instinct, including Helen, is alive and well.

:D

Yet,

now they have Dimitri to dodge. wasn't expecting how they got saved, thought it would be different, or some would of died.

I don't understand the title of the chapter at all. There was no death above and no death below. I'm reasonably happy about the outcome though, for now at least.

• Site Administrator

Thank you very much CJ :2thumbs: !!!!

Although I am still disappointed with Gunter's death, I guess I will have to let me go knowing that in the end, he did save everyones lives, and by doing so they were able to convey the truth of J/S.

The chapter's title is a bit of a mystery to me though, as really nobody died in this chapter.

I knew everything was going to be alright when Chase sat in the right hand seat, and informed Brandon that he was staying.

In a way, the chapter seems a bit anti climatic, but I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that the previous chapter had eight pages of discussion in three days :P . I don't think GA has had that response since the first three days you were gone to Europe and a certain forum popped up :D .

Now for the most pressing question, since we all managed to squeeze 38 out of you on Thursday, do we get 39 on mon/Tues next week, or is it a 12 day wait? :blink:

Steve B)

Steve, the only explanation for the title that I can come up with is that it's a reference to the pilot and to Gunter. I dunno though. I'm still confused by it.

And BTW, where are my manners? Thank you CJ for releasing the chapter early. The band is still not out of danger but at least they're alive for now and maybe The Scar will get caught after all.

• Site Administrator

I thought the title corresponded to the cliffhanger/cloudhanger dilemma at the start: there was death above (the missiles) and death below (crashing on landing from running off any normal airstrip) and both needed to be avoided.

If that's the case then perhaps the title should have included "possible" in it. Then again your explanation makes as much sense as mine. Hopefully CJ will give us all a clue. ;)

*releases a breath held for 2 days*.

I didn't see this solution coming.. but i WAS sure CJ would not let it end the way it seemed in chapter 37 :P

But thanks a lot for the early post of chapter 38. I think its really good, after the MOACH in chapter 37, a rather smooth chapter calming our stressed nerves is just what we needed :) Even though (of course, as the story isn't finished yet) there are still things to resolve, and the Scar is determined to take the boys out.. now that they shared what they know with the military, and they sure as hell will find the explosives on the plane etc... i think we have the worst behind us now :)

Still, of course i am looking forward to chapter 39 on Tuesday next week :D

Edit: yes, i agree, the title is kinda misleading. Nobody died in this chapter (luckily). And didn't CJ mention the chapter's name would be "fire above and below" ?? or did we make this up in our comments to chapter 37 ?

Edited by YaP

Thanks CJ :)

I bet Eric will get it that whoever answered gunters phone that he's not alive anymore.

Question how many more people do you think will die before this story ends?

Edited by Drewbie

Great chapter CJ. A very spiffy resolution to Chapter 37's cliffhanger without a cliffhanger in the new chapter.

Brandon is the hero and Instinct survives.

Edit: yes, i agree, the title is kinda misleading. Nobody died in this chapter (luckily). And didn't CJ mention the chapter's name would be "fire above and below" ?? or did we make this up in our comments to chapter 37 ?

I think we made it up. From CJ's 4/29/08 9:45 pm post...

The cliffhanger is indeed resolved, one way or another, in LTMP 38, Death Above and Death Below.

I assume CJ doesn't have a means of editing a post without disclosing that an edit was made.

Did anyone notice CJ's new signature?

Let the Music play, chapter 38: Death Above and Death Below posted 04-31-08

Neat trick, CJ, posting a chapter on a date that doesn't exist. Is this a belated April Fool's joke?

Edited by MikeL
Neat trick, CJ, posting a chapter on a date that doesn't exist. Is this a belated April Fool's joke?

I think the Goat calendar is somewhat analogous to the Jewish calendar in that it has it's own set of days, months and years!

B) .......CJ, what a great chapter!! I had to laugh when I read the part of Helen on the phone;

Helen waited in angry shock, placed on hold by the air traffic controller. The elevator music didn't help.

:wacko: ......Only our wily goat would of taken time for humor during a very tense moment!

Mario & Dimitri working together? I see problems ahead if they dont act fast enough, because it won't take long for the General to add things up and

send in the Marines to guard Instinct

I am a little perplexed at what Scar meant;

The Scar, who said, "You have one trigger, I have the other. I will follow through with our plans in South America. Join me there as soon as you can." With a smile, knowing there was no risk of it occurring,

:( ......Meaning either Dimitri will not be joining him or he did not trust him with the detonation code!

IIRC there's a bomb in LA and that's where Dimitri is headed. The Scar specially said not to blow up NYC. So maybe The Scar plans his second demonstration to take place in LA while Dimitri is there. I dunno. I'm really grasping at straws here.

IIRC there's a bomb in LA and that's where Dimitri is headed. The Scar specially said not to blow up NYC. So maybe The Scar plans his second demonstration to take place in LA while Dimitri is there. I dunno. I'm really grasping at straws here.

B) .........I think Scar is more interested in killing off Instinct foremost, rather than another demonstration in LA. BTW with the bombs shape is it feasible to drop it in the ocean and not have a risk of it imploding, or recieving the signal??

I agree, Instinct will probably come first. I have no idea if the bomb could receive a signal underwater. I probably should know but I'm terribly distracted by, A Shot of Bourbon, right now. ;)

I agree, Instinct will probably come first. I have no idea if the bomb could receive a signal underwater. I probably should know but I'm terribly distracted by, A Shot of Bourbon, right now. ;)

Once instinct is out of the way, Scar and Dimitri will be able to go thru there planes without interruption by getting caught or a shoot out, Joe might be able to help out with then, wonder if he knows how to shoot a gun.

I doubt the bomb could receive a cellphone signal while underwater, especially several hundred miles out to sea.

BTW, I am engaged in the same distraction...good story.

Once instinct is out of the way, Scar and Dimitri will be able to go thru there planes without interruption by getting caught or a shoot out, Joe might be able to help out with then, wonder if he knows how to shoot a gun.

I'd agree except that General guy already has all the information he needs to pursue the matter independently of Instinct. He's already doing some investigative work. :)

BTW, I am engaged in the same distraction...good story.

Yep, it's a good story alright. :)

Edited by GaryInMiami

B) ...........By now the General has plausable cause on Scar, You think maybe that the Goverment would want to talk to the boys again?? Security should be tight, Joe may not have to lift a finger.

• Site Moderator

The way I read it, Scar has one code while Dmitri has the other. There's that chance that Dmitri has the one for L.A so I can't see him blowing himself up at the moment.

As far as the Marines go in showing up. If a Military group shows up to protect the group, I think they will surround the house for awhile to see if anyone shows up to finish the job. Even tho they would want to capture them alive, Mario and Dmitri will put up a fight and and most likely die.

I also have to wonder if Helen mentioned Joe being related to Jerry when she told the story? That might lead the authorities to getting a picture of Jerry.

Another great chapter CJ. It kept me riveted to it despite the phone interruptions.

Jan

The way I read it, Scar has one code while Dmitri has the other. There's that chance that Dmitri has the one for L.A so I can't see him blowing himself up at the moment.

As far as the Marines go in showing up. If a Military group shows up to protect the group, I think they will surround the house for awhile to see if anyone shows up to finish the job. Even tho they would want to capture them alive, Mario and Dmitri will put up a fight and and most likely die.

I also have to wonder if Helen mentioned Joe being related to Jerry when she told the story? That might lead the authorities to getting a picture of Jerry.

Another great chapter CJ. It kept me riveted to it despite the phone interruptions.

Jan

B) .......Considering the national security, I think they will do a lot more than just sit around for awhile. By now the Generals staff will have concluded that the duck didn't cause the planes disaster. Armed with the GPS information, the Bands recent itinerary,

I see a frantic race with the LA bomb being discovered, I'm not sure if they will locate the NY one though!

things are going to move real fast in the upcoming chapters!!

• Site Moderator
B) .......Considering the national security, I think they will do a lot more than just sit around for awhile. By now the Generals staff will have concluded that the duck didn't cause the planes disaster. Armed with the GPS information, the Bands recent itinerary,

I see a frantic race with the LA bomb being discovered, I'm not sure if they will locate the NY one though!

things are going to move real fast in the upcoming chapters!!

Can't argue with you there, Benji. Finding the other bombs is more important. I think they will also want to keep the band and Helen safe as well. They are potential witnesses and the Generals know that it was an attempt on their lives.

Umm, I believe the second demonstration was the dud bomb in the storage locker in Salt Lake. At least there was narration to that effect towards the end of 38. I'll dig up the quote later, kinda at work right now ;)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..