[dkstories] Rich Boy:Growing Pains

I wonder which of the dreams Worthington had to give up. :unsure:

The Light is sure demanding, even when something is being done in its service. It is no wonder that the Light rejected Jamie after his sacrifice to save his brother; it just can't stand anything or anyone that is not totally committed to playing by its rules. :(

Wow! What a chapter! Thanks, Dan.

The battle continues. Worthington argues with the Light and pays a price.

Next Friday is a long way off.

What a battle!

I too wonder what Dream Worthington has had to give up; and what else was in the agreement?.

Is the battle over? I can't wait to find out!!

Please Dan can we have a mid week chapter? Pretty please??? :worship::worship::worship:

MikeM

Edited by Orrock

Holy crap! A demon queen! And Worthington's going to be the only mage to ever survive meeting one, thanks to the Light! It's too bad Worthington didn't call on the Light before he killed Brandon. :( I, too, want to know what the dream was that he had to give up... Maybe the Light made him give up his dream of having baby Sinclairs... I bet you it has something to do with the next book "Inheritence"!

I do wonder if Brandon is dead... I hope not.

:(

Friday is indeed a very long way off.

I hope he is not either. This is part of what makes this chapter an evil cliffhanger :ph34r:

Yes, it is definitely the best chapter so far. Now we have a whole new level of evil. Zorac's mum is definitely going to make things more difficult. That is so scary. I hope Worthington is going to be okay. :ph34r:

Well, with Zaroc dead who is going to go about summoning the demon queen? I assume such a summoning would be well beyond the abilities of any but the highest level adept mages or other demons.

I'd also like to say I'm damn glad that this chapter didn't take a turn that would be especially devastating... can you imagine a demon controlled worthington being unleashed upon the world? I can certainly understand why he was being filled with despair toward the end there... mounting by a demon can not be pleasant :ph34r:

I think anyone controlling Worthington would be disastrous for the world. Zaroc was bad, but his mother is going to be worse. We have definitely not seen the last of her. She will certainly be seeking revenge. scream.gif

Edited by TL The Writing Tiger

Well this cliffhanger I can live with for a week. I do think that Brandon will survive whith the help of the Light healing powers.

Now Worthington has done a lasting deal with the Light for him, Jamie and their followers. The sacrifice of dream - I think - is to not to be able to use all type of dark magic. He has already felt the restraint to kill without very good causes. Now I think he and his followers has to give up bonding with channels. So he will not be able to use Brandon as he have up to now. Maybe he can use Brandon as Jamie can use Carl. And maybe he has to give up all dark magic that includes using blood from others or a--**;;ing to contol them. That would be a good sacrifice since it really is no longer possible anyhow as it would not comply with the ethics of the Gray path.

Remember Worthingtons discussions with Jamie about this. If they are to be able to set a consistent Gray path that both of them to follow to full extent - they must be able to use the same Dark magic and renounce the same Dark magic - otherwise they would not be the same sort of Gray mages.

The other price - for this particular spell is harder to guess. It seems to be a greater sacrifice than to be on a camp for poor kids. He seems to be rather good in making deals anyhow. Look at all the deals with the dwarves. Worthington is already on his way from the old Sinclair way of total control of everything and everyone to a path of trust and respect for everything and everyone.

Edited by Ratatosk
Is it Friday yet? 0:)

lol I was thinking of posting this yesterday! Friday it too far away!

I was wondering if what he had to give up is the power that only he has... the one to absorb the abilities and experiences of others.

hmmm... that's a good guess, Steve... I could see why the Light would be really against that power. What if he had to not only give up the power to do that but also the knowledge he learned from doing it in the past? That would be really bad!

hmmm... that's a good guess, Steve... I could see why the Light would be really against that power. What if he had to not only give up the power to do that but also the knowledge he learned from doing it in the past? That would be really bad!

Losing what he learned about military tactics and the use of weapons would be bad but I think he'd miss the ability to ride his precious motorcycle (which even with the absorbed skill he seems to wreck alot) more.

Two more days.... unless we're graced with a mid- week chapter (hint hint!)

Steve

Two more days.... unless we're graced with a mid- week chapter (hint hint!)

:read: forget hinting, how about groveling... please! please, Dan! please, can we have a mid-week update! :hug:

I have a feeling that being disallowed a spell he hated anyway is not something worthington would have protested against. I suspect the dream has something to do with his plans for a family, specifically the sham marriages and offspring from it.

Crap, you mean I have to get a chapter ready for posting this Friday? Shoot, I hope I have time!!!! (Just Kidding)

We certainly hope you're kidding. We want more, more, more. rocking.gif

What if the next twist is that Zaroc can somehow be brought back to life? That would be horrible. :ph34r:

Want to hear something really bad? I like this story so much that when I start getting a chapter ready for posting, I find myself re-reading the rest of the chapters over and over again. Every so often I'll make a little tweak here and there as I read, but damn, the story keeps hooking me in time and time again.

That's a little unusual for me, because I rarely like reading my own stories over and over again.

I was wondering if what he had to give up is the power that only he has... the one to absorb the abilities and experiences of others.

uh, I don't think that is a 'power' - as I recall, it was something he unconsciencely developed as a result of his mother's training on how to manipulate people.