17 members have voted

1. 1. Pick who you think is the subject of this week's Cliffhanger by CJ

• Dimitri
    • Mario
    • One of the bikers
    • The General
    • An airforce personel we don''t know the name of
    • Other

If government agencies are coordinating their inquiries, they have quite enough. Remember Joe's interview with the customs agent; they should suspect Jerry as an arms dealer. Combine that with Instinct's information given to the Air Force. That should be enough.

Sadly we all know in real life there is more rivalry than coordination between government agencies. At least the AF seems to be handling things with a great deal of competence.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly we all know in real life there is more rivalry than coordination between government agencies. At least the AF seems to be handling things with a great deal of competence.

B) ..............So who better as an antagonist thru-out the story?? Helen is going to tear into the Generals ear, about Jerry/Scar, Gunters demise, Barbara's statement with the LA police. A General can move thru a mountain of government agencies with his position. We know that

cell phones signals can be barred from operating if the government wants to cordone off an area. I'm betting they find the LA bomb

B) ..............So who better as an antagonist thru-out the story?? Helen is going to tear into the Generals ear, about Jerry/Scar, Gunters demise, Barbara's statement with the LA police. A General can move thru a mountain of government agencies with his position. We know that

cell phones signals can be barred from operating if the government wants to cordone off an area. I'm betting they find the LA bomb

Oh man. Please don't make me wind up having to admit Helen's alright after all. ;):lol:

• Site Moderator

The biker only received a skin wound from a bullet grazing him. Not very Mario like.

But they were expecting the band to be alone. They weren't expecting to encounter anyone else, let alone a group. So there were taken by surprise so he just raised the rifle and started shooting.

But they were expecting the band to be alone. They weren't expecting to encounter anyone else, let alone a group. So there were taken by surprise so he just raised the rifle and started shooting.

B) ..............Right!! Armed with night vision, and remember one of the bikers was a 'nam vet. Pretty easy to give a firefight to one un-suspecting Mario. Which is why I questioned his surveillance methods, they really thought this was going to be a cake-walk.

I'm still bothered by the fact CJ didn't mention Mario and Dimitri returning to the Suburban to move it closer to the house and to retrieve their guns. That seems like such an important thing for him to have mentioned after clearly stating neither man brought their guns with them. I don't think we've ever been left to assume something important like that has taken place.

I'm still bothered by the fact CJ didn't mention Mario and Dimitri returning to the Suburban to move it closer to the house and to retrieve their guns. That seems like such an important thing for him to have mentioned after clearly stating neither man brought their guns with them. I don't think we've ever been left to assume something important like that has taken place.

B) ..........Only the time-line of "after sunset" gives us warning of when to expect the attack, the goat leaves us to believe that that the strike was from Mario & Dimitri without having to infer to either. Yet I can't see Dimitri still sitting up on that mountain, given his trek was somewhat nerve-wracking to him, I doubt he would want to attempt the crossing in the twilight hour. So we know they were carrying AK-47's so the scenario fits that Mario & Dimitri stormed the place. <_<

(Unless they tied a weapon on auto onto a harmless mountain goat and prodded him forward with..........nah!!!)

Edited by Benji
If government agencies are coordinating their inquiries, they have quite enough. Remember Joe's interview with the customs agent; they should suspect Jerry as an arms dealer. Combine that with Instinct's information given to the Air Force. That should be enough.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there Mike. Joe's interview with the customs agent had nothing to do with Jerry or arms dealing. That interview was about counterfeit goods and what he knew of the people that had hired him to sign autographs.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there Mike. Joe's interview with the customs agent had nothing to do with Jerry or arms dealing. That interview was about counterfeit goods and what he knew of the people that had hired him to sign autographs.

You are correct. It was the members of Instinct that Joe told about Jerry being an arms dealer. Further, the meeting with the customs agent ended up being postponed after the news arrived from Australia.

Hmmm... I think it's gotta be someone else... because as his goatlyness :D pointed out in another fourm subject...

I'm not sure how I can answer this without a spoiler. All I can say is that if it's Dimitri and Mario, then they would have driven their SUV down closer to the ranch for the attack. They'd have needed to make a faster getaway than going on foot would have allowed. :)

I think it might be Lump (former lead singer) cus if he lives (or lived) with his dad... he could have access to some weapons that Scar/Jerry might have... and Scar/Jerry could have told his son to attack them with said weapons... and argh my brain broke from the thinking... :wacko:

All i know is that this is a damn good series and I wish it wouldn't end :worship:

Hmm,

Well I really think it probably was Mario or Dimitri, and I'm leaning toward Mario since Dimitri is a more significant character.

However, I still felt compelled to vote for someone other than them, so I selected an unknown air force personal, but I'm probably wrong in that.

So if they were going with Mario's plan first, don't you think Mario would be the one to lead?

I don't think so.

There's only the two of them, and they're both 'experts' so I'm sure they'd be working in complete conjunction.

I think it might be Lump (former lead singer) cus if he lives (or lived) with his dad... he could have access to some weapons that Scar/Jerry might have... and Scar/Jerry could have told his son to attack them with said weapons... and argh my brain broke from the thinking... :wacko:

But all the evidence indicates that Joe does not live with Jerry and that they haven't seen each other recently and aren't in contact.

It rather seems 'too easy' if it really is either Dimitri or Mario, because now the element of surprise is completely blown, there's only one left, AND the air force is on the way as well! Tough odds indeed for whichever one remains.

• Site Administrator

When I first read this chapter, my immediate thought was that it was Mario. I'll admit that I didn't consider other possibilities beside Mario and Dimitri, but I noted the differences between them: Mario doesn't have the military background that Dimitri has, and Dimitri doesn't have the killing experience that Mario has.

On that basis, I would have assumed that Mario would have been the point man -- Dimitri would have made it sound like Mario was the best suited for that position (having had the most experience with killing), while Dimitri has had more experience in a combat situation and is hence more aware of the possibilities of something going wrong. It's not definite, but I felt that Dimitri would not have wanted to lead, and that Mario doesn't have enough experience to argue that Dimitri should lead. There's also the boss vs employee thing, so Dimitri would have gotten his own way.

Having said all of that, I didn't consider any other possibility besides those two. I just made an assumption... possibly incorrectly.

Reason why I don't think it was a air force person, is that the bikers thought they heard of ak-47 fire, I think the air force would have a hand gun or an M-16.

Again reason why I think it might be Mario, because of money probably scar only wants it to be eventually him or just Dimitri. Then again he still needs Mario for his skills til they get rid of Instinct.

Hmm,

Well I really think it probably was Mario or Dimitri, and I'm leaning toward Mario since Dimitri is a more significant character.

However, I still felt compelled to vote for someone other than them, so I selected an unknown air force personal, but I'm probably wrong in that.

B)............AK-47 gunfire is unique, several bikers are vietnam vets. Airforce personal are not exactly trained in small arms weapons (wouldn't know which end to use)

I don't think so.

There's only the two of them, and they're both 'experts' so I'm sure they'd be working in complete conjunction.

But all the evidence indicates that Joe does not live with Jerry and that they haven't seen each other recently and aren't in contact.

:P.........Joe?? aka Lump?? Why would he be in this picture? Running down with a loaded rifle?? That just doesn't make sense.

It rather seems 'too easy' if it really is either Dimitri or Mario, because now the element of surprise is completely blown, there's only one left, AND the air force is on the way as well! Tough odds indeed for whichever one remains.

B)......As I said before, a very sloppy operation by Mario & Dimitri. I had expected a prolonged gun battle and was surprised by the "quick end".

B) ...........Just another great evil chapter!!

Hmm,

B)........#1 Airforce personal are not really trained as rifleman. (wouldn't know which end to shoot from) and wouldn't be using an AK-47. #2 Several of those bikers were vietnam vets, and could distinquish the sound of an AK-47, an M-16 sounds very different

I don't think so.

:wacko: .............Joe?? aka Lump?? how the hell did someone make that leap?

B).............That bothered me, I expected a long drawn out gun battle, but Dimitri & Mario wanted to get in and out quickly. It was a very sloppy operation.

Edited by Benji
Hmmm... I think it's gotta be someone else... because as his goatlyness :D pointed out in another fourm subject...

All i know is that this is a damn good series and I wish it wouldn't end :worship:

Hmm,

I don't think so.

But wouldn't that make for a good cover Joe not living with Jerry/Scar? Besdies... Jerry/Scar always seems to have an ace up his sleeve and could've left instructions with Joe to carry out an attack on the band. I'm pretty sure he would know exactly where they would find sanctuary when they're under attack (Jerry/Scar knew so why not Joe?) and the fact that he lived with Jerry at one point and it seems that Jerry has been planning this for a long time (before the band maybe?).

And the airforce well... as much as they like to fight with their minds (buncha wimps), they do have to be sufficient in small arms (9mm types) and heavy arms (m-16a2's) so it would be unlikely that an Air Foce personel wouldn't know how to fire or to be able to take out at least 1 or 2 bikers.

Ugh I can't wait till the new chapter comes out and I can put my mind at ease cus now i'm really intrested in who this is dead person is...

I can't see who, besides Mario or Dimitri this could be. This would be cheesy if it was a third character with them closing in and having planned their attack throughout the chapter. I vote for Mario, since Dimitri is this experienced military guy, and and Mario is a hitman. Plus, he screwed up on the previous attempt, so the Goat had to punish him for not being efficient and effective...

But wouldn't that make for a good cover Joe not living with Jerry/Scar? Besdies... Jerry/Scar always seems to have an ace up his sleeve and could've left instructions with Joe to carry out an attack on the band. I'm pretty sure he would know exactly where they would find sanctuary when they're under attack (Jerry/Scar knew so why not Joe?) and the fact that he lived with Jerry at one point and it seems that Jerry has been planning this for a long time (before the band maybe?).

And the airforce well... as much as they like to fight with their minds (buncha wimps), they do have to be sufficient in small arms (9mm types) and heavy arms (m-16a2's) so it would be unlikely that an Air Foce personel wouldn't know how to fire or to be able to take out at least 1 or 2 bikers.

Ugh I can't wait till the new chapter comes out and I can put my mind at ease cus now i'm really intrested in who this is dead person is...

I don't buy that, way he always talked about his dad, he could of faked it, yet even the scar always talked liked he hated his son.

:(.......Still trying to figure how Joe got into this picture????

:( ...........Ahem!! M-16 is not heavy arms, If Mario (a very skillfull assassin, but presumed dead guy) couldn't take out one Biker, what makes you think a highly trained (HAHAHAHAHA!!) airman could?

B) ....Me Too!

But why would a military guy take out a biker? mistake them for the enemy?

I don't know much about guns, knew m16 wasn't so powerful :P

B) .......You got me, Wildone put it in the poll!! :P

But why would a military guy take out a biker? mistake them for the enemy?

I don't know much about guns, knew m16 wasn't so powerful :P

For the fun of it; at least from the military guy's point of view. :P

I can't comment on what will happen (otherwise, the Echidna will get me!!) but, I can say something from the posted text: Joe (lump)

knows where Instinct is. From Chapter 36:

Not at all sure what the reply would be, Helen side-stepped by answering,
I can't comment on what will happen (otherwise, the Echidna will get me!!) but, I can say something from the posted text: Joe (lump)

knows where Instinct is. From Chapter 36:

She was talking to Joe.

BTW, the gun the bullet riddled body was carrying is listed in the text as an AK-47, so that much you can count on- it is.

However, AK-47s, though not full-auto ones, are legal to own. So, just to throw this idea out; what if the bullet-riddled body is a neighbor, someone out hunting, etc? Might Instinct be in some hot water???

CJ :)

B) ..........Nope! Pure self defense, you got a guy running towards a house armed with a weapon, when asked to drop the weapon he responds shooting on full automatic, illegal and deadly force. The "bodyguards" responded legally.

However, AK-47s, though not full-auto ones, are legal to own. So, just to throw this idea out; what if the bullet-riddled body is a neighbor, someone out hunting, etc? Might Instinct be in some hot water???

CJ :)

Yeah, they would be in hot water, but why would a neighbor, someone out hunting would fire at the house (the bikers were between the house and the shooter) after he was told to drop his weapon. Why didn't he answered when he got summoned. That's why I don't think it's the general or law enforcement, nor a simple kind neighbor.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..