1. 1. Pick who you think is the subject of this week's Cliffhanger by CJ

• Dimitri
    • Mario
    • One of the bikers
    • The General
    • An airforce personel we don''t know the name of
    • Other

• Site Administrator

I don't believe it is Joe either. Yes, he may know where they are, but how would have he got there?

According to the story's time line the day that Gunter, Joe and the Custom's agent are meeting is the day the guys take off in the plane destined for Teluride. This is probably the same day that Dimitri and Mario leave Pacific Palisades to drive there.

The guys have some minor plane trouble on their way :D , and have a slight detour, but the Air Force whisks them away to their final destination the same day.

Mario and Dimitri drive 24 hours to reach Colorado, so we assume that this chapter takes place the day after the plane incident, so my question would be, how did Joe get there? He really doesn't have much money, he has to check out of his rehab centre, and why would he want to go Teluride in the first place when he can just pick up the phone if he had something to talk to Helen about.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they would be in hot water, but why would a neighbor, someone out hunting would fire at the house (the bikers were between the house and the shooter) after he was told to drop his weapon. Why didn't he answered when he got summoned. That's why I don't think it's the general or law enforcement, nor a simple kind neighbor.

B) .....Again nope, no hot water, plain self defense....remember someone tried to kill them by sabotaging the airplane.

Does the land this unknown person was on belong to the brothers?

I don't know about the laws out there, but here in Florida that gives me much more leeway to decide whether to use deadly force against a perceived threat.

Could be neighbor, yet like someone else said I would think they would lay down there weapon.

Does anyone think that maybe scar wants dimitri to kill mario afterwards, maybe he shot him while shooting the bikers?

• Site Administrator
Does the land this unknown person was on belong to the brothers?

I don't know about the laws out there, but here in Florida that gives me much more leeway to decide whether to use deadly force against a perceived threat.

I think Florida is close to being unique in that respect. Most places require that there be a visible threat, not a perceived threat, before deadly use can be used.

B) ...........Just another great evil chapter!!

That's what I was trying to point out; that Joe was unlikely to be involved, not that I thought he was.

Mario and Dimitri drive 24 hours to reach Colorado, so we assume that this chapter takes place the day after the plane incident, so my question would be, how did Joe get there? He really doesn't have much money, he has to check out of his rehab centre, and why would he want to go Teluride in the first place when he can just pick up the phone if he had something to talk to Helen about.

Well as I said, I don't think he was involved, but if he had to do his 'talking' with a AK47 that might explain why he needed to be in person ;)

I think Florida is close to being unique in that respect. Most places require that there be a visible threat, not a perceived threat, before deadly use can be used.

Yep, Florida is often unique to the point of it being embarrassing to admit that's where I live. :blink:

In cases of a perceived threat you can refer to my comments in the 2nd Amendment thread to see how I feel about this issue cause I think it's off-topic here. :)

That's what I was trying to point out; that Joe was unlikely to be involved, not that I thought he was.

Well as I said, I don't think he was involved, but if he had to do his 'talking' with a AK47 that might explain why he needed to be in person ;)

I keep wondering if Joe will continue to be a minor sub-plot or if there's something more important in store for his character. I really can't imagine what he could contribute to the events that are happening now except perhaps to provide a photo of Scar as Jerry. If so what good would that do?

My curiosity is whether or not the boys' parents will play a tangible role in all of this! It would certainly be shocking if it turned out the body was the boys' dad who was coming to apologize (...and brought his AK47 along to make sure they accepted his apology?? :blink::boy: )

Edited by AFriendlyFace
Yep, Florida is often unique to the point of it being embarrassing to admit that's where I live. :blink:

In cases of a perceived threat you can refer to my comments in the 2nd Amendment thread to see how I feel about this issue cause I think it's off-topic here. :)

I keep wondering if Joe will continue to be a minor sub-plot or if there's something more important in store for his character. I really can't imagine what he could contribute to the events that are happening now except perhaps to provide a photo of Scar as Jerry. If so what good would that do?

I wanted to touch on the gun laws issue... I did look into Colorado laws, and based on what happened, no one would be in any real trouble. The person with the AK-47 (Graeme, that's not a spoiler!! It was a person, it's the only possibility!) fired first, so making them into swiss cheese was quite legal. That would be the case most anywhere in the US, I think.

Where the law gets tricky is when it comes to shooting in other circumstances. For example, shooting a burglar in your own home. In some states, that's fine. In others, you can get in hot water (but usually won't be charged). In Arizona, I'm fine as long as I don't shoot the burglar in the back. If you shoot while they are trying to flee in most states, you can get in trouble. However, the statutes in Arizona are technically that you need to feel threatened. Well, my reasoning would be (and many people have used this ) is that if someone breaks into my home while I'm in it, I feel threatened by that. Who knows what they could do?

My curiosity is whether or not the boys' parents will play a tangible role in all of this! It would certainly be shocking if it turned out the body was the boys' dad who was coming to apologize (...and brought his AK47 along to make sure they accepted his apology?? :blink::boy: )

Hrmmm... Going to their house in the dark to apologize with an assault rifle! That would be an interesting scene!! :)

I wanted to touch on the gun laws issue... I did look into Colorado laws, and based on what happened, no one would be in any real trouble. The person with the AK-47 (Graeme, that's not a spoiler!! It was a person, it's the only possibility!) fired first, so making them into swiss cheese was quite legal. That would be the case most anywhere in the US, I think.

Where the law gets tricky is when it comes to shooting in other circumstances. For example, shooting a burglar in your own home. In some states, that's fine. In others, you can get in hot water (but usually won't be charged). In Arizona, I'm fine as long as I don't shoot the burglar in the back. If you shoot while they are trying to flee in most states, you can get in trouble. However, the statutes in Arizona are technically that you need to feel threatened. Well, my reasoning would be (and many people have used this ) is that if someone breaks into my home while I'm in it, I feel threatened by that. Who knows what they could do?

Hrmmm... Going to their house in the dark to apologize with an assault rifle! That would be an interesting scene!! :)

It could be a goat!

Based on what I know if someone shoots at you, inside or outside, anywhere in the US, you are perfectly justified to use lethal force to defend yourself.

In Florida if someone is in your house without your permission they can be considered a threat and the use of lethal force is acceptable. Hell, they don't even have to be in your house. If you feel threatened on the street you can now use lethal force. The only thing you cannot do indoors is booby-trap your house such that an intruder gets shot automatically upon entry. As for shooting them in the back, I was told to roll the person over and shoot them again in the chest. If someone is running away from me with some of my stuff I'm sure as hell gonna shoot to kill. Whatever. It's almost unheard of in Florida for anyone to be prosecuted for shooting an intruder.

All of this still begs the question. Who's dead up there in the hills?

• Site Administrator

Ah, but what about the deadly government trained attack geese??? B) You already sacrificed one of their cousins, maybe they thought the boys could tell them where you live :P

Hrmmm, Geese with AK-47's? Hrmmm... I'd have thoguht a goose would use something smaller, like an Uzi???

BTW, the Chevo Landscaping truck played a role in planting the nuke in LA, and now in the goings on in Colorado.

So here's the question: What does "Chevo" mean? :)

I'll give a hint.. it's a Spanish slang term.

• Site Administrator
Silly boy. Geese can't wield a machine gun and still stand up.

You are assuming a single goose. If you had a trained squadron of geese, some could be holding the machine gun, while another fires it. Just because there was only one body, that doesn't mean there weren't others out there. When the bikers used their night scopes to watch, they would have mistaken the coordinated activity of the geese to be a single person, and when they shot them, the survivors flying away would have been ignored as not possible (since the existence of trained machine gun-wielding geese squadrons is, or was, a closely guarded secret).

Hrmmm, Geese with AK-47's? Hrmmm... I'd have thoguht a goose would use something smaller, like an Uzi???

BTW, the Chevo Landscaping truck played a role in planting the nuke in LA, and now in the goings on in Colorado.

So here's the question: What does "Chevo" mean? :)

I'll give a hint.. it's a Spanish slang term.

I've always understood it to mean an Asian person who looks Mexican.

You are assuming a single goose. If you had a trained squadron of geese, some could be holding the machine gun, while another fires it. Just because there was only one body, that doesn't mean there weren't others out there. When the bikers used their night scopes to watch, they would have mistaken the coordinated activity of the geese to be a single person, and when they shot them, the survivors flying away would have been ignored as not possible (since the existence of trained machine gun-wielding geese squadrons is, or was, a closely guarded secret).

Good point, Graeme. LOL

Edited by GaryInMiami

Hrmmm, a coordinated effort by geese! That would solve the AK-47 problem...

I've always understood it to mean an Asian person who looks Mexican.

I hope it doesn't mean that! I wouldn't use racial terms in my stories unless it was a plot requirement.

Here's a story that should tell y'all what it means... Search on the word "chevo" in the story. :)

BTW, it might not be slang but an actual spanish word, so my apologies if I mislead earlier. :)

This reminds me of a riddle that cracked me up some 33 years ago (on these candy bars wrappers with riddles and jokes)

"What is black, dangerous and perched on a tree?

Answer: A crow with a machine gun."

One's sense of humor changes over time, by the way.

• Site Administrator
I hope it doesn't mean that! I wouldn't use racial terms in my stories unless it was a plot requirement.

Here's a story that should tell y'all what it means... Search on the word "chevo" in the story. :)

BTW, it might not be slang but an actual spanish word, so my apologies if I mislead earlier. :)

Just one more example of J/S and C James being the same person :D

Hrmmm, a coordinated effort by geese! That would solve the AK-47 problem...

Chevo means "goat"? I thought Spanish for goat was "cabra". French for goat is "ch

Edited by MikeL
However, the statutes in Arizona are technically that you need to feel threatened. Well, my reasoning would be (and many people have used this ) is that if someone breaks into my home while I'm in it, I feel threatened by that. Who knows what they could do?

Well he could do the laundry and a bit of tidying up for you...but few intruders are so inclined so I think most people would see your actions as justifiable under the law.

As for shooting them in the back, I was told to roll the person over and shoot them again in the chest. If someone is running away from me with some of my stuff I'm sure as hell gonna shoot to kill. Whatever. It's almost unheard of in Florida for anyone to be prosecuted for shooting an intruder.

Eeek! Who told you that? And I must remember not to tick that person off! :boy:

On a serious note, might that not get you into considerably more trouble if some how balistically they determine that their was an original back wound? Or another gun shot?

Makes perfect sense to me.

This reminds me of a riddle that cracked me up some 33 years ago (on these candy bars wrappers with riddles and jokes)

"What is black, dangerous and perched on a tree?

Answer: A crow with a machine gun."

One's sense of humor changes over time, by the way.

:lmao:

You know come to think of it, I think a cow perched on a tree (even without a machine gun) is dangerous anyway...at least if you happen to be standing under the tree.

So, now that 41 is up who's thinking the body is probably Mario?

I must point out that it still isn't necessarily Mario. I'm inclined to think it was too, but all we really know is that Helen in the boys can't identify the body, Demitri is still alive, and Demitri assumes that Mario has been killed.

In some weird, wacky universe perhaps Mario similarly aborted his attack and hid when another AK-47 wielding intruder was gunned down by the bikers. *shrug*

Take care all,

Kevin

Eeek! Who told you that? And I must remember not to tick that person off! :boy:

On a serious note, might that not get you into considerably more trouble if some how balistically they determine that their was an original back wound? Or another gun shot?

No need to worry about ticking off this police detective unless you plan to break into his home. ;)

In reality I would empty my pistol into the intruder's chest. Gotta be sure he's really dead 'ya know. By the time I was done I doubt anyone would be able to tell which shot came first. I pray I never find myself in this situation. I don't want to take anyone's life. I'm just saying if I had to do it I know I could and would do it in such a way that I would be totally in the clear legally. I can't recall anyone ever being prosecuted in Florida for killing a home intruder except in cases where the home was booby-trapped to kill indiscriminately.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..