Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Chapter 43

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...no surprise. There is a cliffhanger here.

This is quite a chapter...plenty of action...definitely not material for a chick flick. The action is fast and split-second decisions are entirely too slow. The next chapter will be a little slow arriving, too. CJ says about 10 days with the summer anthology due Sunday.

I could say more

(like wondering if Brandon can be a hero again)

, but don't want to spoil anyone's reading.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Good cliffhanger, but it now makes me think this is going to be a bloodbath.

CJ, Don't you dare!

I still want Eric to at least find true love with nice guy. He just can not die.

Edited by W.L.

Groan. Now I regret telling CJ it was alright to wait another week before posting 44.

Great chapter, CJ. That's the nicest thing you'll see from me tonight. Calling you a goat would be an insult to goats so I won't do that.

I have faith that Jim and his guys will come to the rescue. machine-gun.gif

If not the fire is roaring and a roasted goat hollow-horned ruminant of the genus Capra will soon be served! hungry.gif

And he says he doesn't use Cliffies. :funny:

He does keep saying that doesn't he? Maybe he's delusional enough to think if he keeps repeating it eventually it'll come true. rofl.gif

----------

OK, time for some serious analysis.

Dimitri thinks he's got the situation well in-hand. Little does he know the bikers heard the gunshots and have taken up position around the house. One of them will see Dimitri holding a knife to Chase's throat and with a deft aim will shoot Dimitri in a way that'll make him fall free of Chase thus sparing Chase any further injury.

Helen has abdominal wounds. If she gets treatment in enough time she'll eventually be alright. I have to reluctantly give TheBitch

Edited by GaryInMiami
  • Site Administrator

Thanks for the chapter CJ :great: . it was great.

I do think we should seriously save our fingers from typing the big long word cliffhanger, and just abbreviate the word to CJ. Think about it....'Should we nominate Dom, DK, and Steve for the evilest CJ this year?' or 'Can you believe the CJ that Kevin ended the his chapter with?' :lol:

I will post more tomorrow about the actual chapter, but one bit stood out to me:

As Brandon

Surely Eric has got to realize Dimitri isn't going to be satisfied with only one member of Instinct being killed. So why does he seem so willing so sacrifice himself in what will surely be a failed attempt to save the others?

I've read and re-read that section of 43. I can't see how there's any secret code in Eric referring to Brandon as Brand. The only thing I can think of is maybe Eric has seen one of the bikers at the window and wants to be sure Brandon stays focused on him and that Dimitri does the same thing. Thus maximizing the chances of success for one of the bikers to take out Dimitri.

It's admittedly a far-fetched theory. But it's all I can come up with at this late hour. I'll be interested to see what you make of if when you post tomorrow.

Surely Eric has got to realize Dimitri isn't going to be satisfied with only one member of Instinct being killed. So why does he seem so willing so sacrifice himself in what will surely be a failed attempt to save the others?

I've read and re-read that section of 43. I can't see how there's any secret code in Eric referring to Brandon as Brand. The only thing I can think of is maybe Eric has seen one of the bikers at the window and wants to be sure Brandon stays focused on him and that Dimitri does the same thing. Thus maximizing the chances of success for one of the bikers to take out Dimitri.

It's admittedly a far-fetched theory. But it's all I can come up with at this late hour. I'll be interested to see what you make of if when you post tomorrow.

I like your theory more than anything I can come up with. It would require a head shot to take out Dimitri. If Brandon still has his finger on the trigger when someone else takes a shot, he might reflexively fire his shotgun. Let's hope not or that he misses Eric.

Also, there is an air force officer near the house. Most air force officers wouldn't normally carry a sidearm in the US, but he is an investigator, the military is on alert, and everyone else at the ranch is armed.

Edited by MikeL

CJ!!! :angry:

Damn you!

Ahem...not for this wonderful chapter or for the lulu of a cliffhanger, but because of that Author's note at the bottom!! spanking.gif

:lol:

Well, back to the topic... Oh Damn f**king Hell!!

What an action packed chapter...I could feel my heartbeat go faster when I read the last scene. :2thumbs: A masterpiece, truly...

Hmmm, let me see now. I think Gary's right with his presumption that Eric has seen the bikers outside and he's ensuring that Dmitri's attention doesn't get diverted. I also think that Jon would be able to help. I mean, he was shot, but CJ didn't specify where, unlike Helen, with whom he mentioned that she was shot in the abdomen.

Also, the bikers would surely hear the shotguns, and if not them, then the airforce officer would surely...

God save Helen and bless her in the process as well. :)

BeaStKid :devil:

B) ......... :o

Me thinks Helen will retrieve the 9mm and shoot Dimitri, then die!

That was one hell of a cliffhanger CJ :angry: and now I regret agreeing with your delayed posting of 44. Someone posted about slow reaction and split second decisions. Dimitri is trained and Instinct is not.

I think Brandon will shoot but intentionly miss Eric, REMEMBER Goat SPiCe is

watching.

B) ..........I think you hit it right on Gary,

remember those spotters, I'm sure they watched the vehicle and its occupant and as Dimitri took out the deputy on the porch they started running towards the house. By now the place is surrounded and Dimitri is a gonner.

Edited by Benji

I reread it again, That's an evil Cliffe, we should of known better.

Hope to see gary's comment become true, another thing dimitri shouldn't have a quick death. That was slick of him as well when he arrived. I guess dimitri doesn't have an accent?

I reread it again, That's an evil Cliffe, we should of known better.

Hope to see gary's comment become true, another thing dimitri shouldn't have a quick death. That was slick of him as well when he arrived. I guess dimitri doesn't have an accent?

B) ........I would guess that as a former KGB agent he would have perfected his English.

• Site Moderator

The key might be the Air Force Officer. He is after all, outside the house the last we knew. He might be able to get a clear shot thru a window. That is as long as the bikers don't jump him first.

The key might be the Air Force Officer. He is after all, outside the house the last we knew. He might be able to get a clear shot thru a window. That is as long as the bikers don't jump him first.

Yes, he's about 50 yards away. If he starts running toward the house, the bikers may blow him away.

Yes, he's about 50 yards away. If he starts running toward the house, the bikers may blow him away.

B) ...........I wonder what the title will be for 44? Maybe it will get us a clue, then again "Deal" didn't do much!!

Given what's happened why would the bikers blow away the AF dude? Surely they realize he's heard the gunshots too and at this point it seems reasonable they'd all be allied in a common cause. They may not like each other, but the bikers I know aren't stupid (I've got a HA member as an admin on one of my forums) so surely they'd realize that ultimately they have the same goal in mind: protecting the boys.

Great chapter CJ. Indeed. But eeeeeeeevil. Giving us another cloudhanger and then delaying the post for the next chapter ! Noooooooo. Not fair !

/me jumps and kicks and screams and pulls his hair out

oh wait, i am bald.. freshly shaved today, so the last part doesn't work

Dang !

Helen is a hero. Wow. But Helen AND Jon getting shot. Eeeeevil. I hope very much they don't have to die :-( Please CJ, let them survive !!

Dimitri on the other hand is doomed to die. I like Gary's idea that someone (either one of the bikers - maybe they were already on their way for the bbq ?) or the AF office will shoot through the window and take him out. No way Brandon could live with the guilt of having killed Eric. Maybe Brandon does have some brilliant idea. Maybe Chase can get free somehow and the field of fire is clear for Brandon or Eric to kill Dimitri. Maybe maybe maybe. There has a way to be out.

I can't believe we have to wait 10 days to find out. Maybe we will get an early post instead of a late one - that would keep it out of the way of the Anthology release date as well ;-). At least I hope very much that CJ does have some mercy with us. But just in case.. i am going to get a really big charcoal grill !!

Great chapter CJ. Indeed. But eeeeeeeevil. Giving us another cloudhanger and then delaying the post for the next chapter ! Noooooooo. Not fair !

/me jumps and kicks and screams and pulls his hair out

oh wait, i am bald.. freshly shaved today, so the last part doesn't work

Dang !

Helen is a hero. Wow. But Helen AND Jon getting shot. Eeeeevil. I hope very much they don't have to die :-( Please CJ, let them survive !!

Dimitri on the other hand is doomed to die. I like Gary's idea that someone (either one of the bikers - maybe they were already on their way for the bbq ?) or the AF office will shoot through the window and take him out. No way Brandon could live with the guilt of having killed Eric. Maybe Brandon does have some brilliant idea. Maybe Chase can get free somehow and the field of fire is clear for Brandon or Eric to kill Dimitri. Maybe maybe maybe. There has a way to be out.

I can't believe we have to wait 10 days to find out. Maybe we will get an early post instead of a late one - that would keep it out of the way of the Anthology release date as well ;-). At least I hope very much that CJ does have some mercy with us. But just in case.. i am going to get a really big charcoal grill !!

:( ...........I'm afraid Helen is done, the wounds are too life threatening, and they are in a remote area. Perhaps the General can get help in, but that is iffy!! :pissed: ....I can't believe I fell for that 'would ya'll mind if I post the next chapter in 10 days..instead of my normal week". I should of known he would have pulled this most eviliest of cliffhangers on us.

Given what's happened why would the bikers blow away the AF dude? Surely they realize he's heard the gunshots too and at this point it seems reasonable they'd all be allied in a common cause. They may not like each other, but the bikers I know aren't stupid (I've got a HA member as an admin on one of my forums) so surely they'd realize that ultimately they have the same goal in mind: protecting the boys.

Hopefully they won't. What time of day is it? What are the light conditions? They might not realize who the guy at the window with a gun drawn is.

Hopefully they won't. What time of day is it? What are the light conditions? They might not realize who the guy at the window with a gun drawn is.

Wasn't it getting close to time for the cookout? I'm not sure if that means it's close to dark though. I forget what time of year it is so DST could make it light later into the evening. Either way I think you make a good point... let's hope the bikers recognize the AF guy as what he is and not as someone trying to harm the boys.

One lesson I think we can learn from this, as if we haven't already based on real events, is bikers are not reliable when it comes to being security guards. I blame Helen for that and it seems like she may have to pay the ultimate price for her mistake.

Edited by GaryInMiami

B) ........They were going to the bar-b-que, and the the Deputies were waiting for the shift change so they could go home and eat 'supper'. When they played the concert in Australia they satyed at a beach resort so I would gather it was summer. I would say the attack took place in the late afternoon winter day, so light conditions would be dim.

..is bikers are not reliable when it comes to being security guards. I blame Helen for that and it seems like she may have to pay the ultimate price for her mistake. (quote from Gary, sorry Gary not sure how that happened)

I agree that Helen made a mistake and should have posted the Deputies at the entrance to the compound and had the bikers around her, they would have been better security and more reliable and scrutinized everyone coming much better than the deputies did. (plus they hate cops)

Edited by Benji
B) ........They were going to the bar-b-que, and the the Deputies were waiting for the shift change so they could go home and eat 'supper'. When they played the concert in Australia they satyed at a beach resort so I would gather it was summer. I would say the attack took place in the late afternoon winter day, so light conditions would be dim.

Thanks for that Benji. It probably is starting to get dark by now. Given the guys know they're in danger why in the heck would they be planning an outdoor cookout in the dark?

Thanks for that Benji. It probably is starting to get dark by now. Given the guys know they're in danger why in the heck would they be planning an outdoor cookout in the dark?

B) ..........Don't know?? we will have to ask CJ or his Beta.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..