Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Chapter 43

Anyone who believes that those four paragraphs will make any difference to how they feel about the ending of this chapter should go back through ALL the old chapter discussion threads. I can't remember which one it was, but CJ made this offer once before, and it turned out to not help. In that case, the opening paragraphs of the next chapter were to do with The Scar and his plotting, and nothing to do with the situation that had everyone concerned.

I think it was in the discussion thread for chapter 19, but I'm not sure.

:( ..........You know your right, I wouldn't put it past the goat to give us another cliffhanger.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator
HOWEVER, I don't like making everyone wait for 10 days (9, now). So, I have asked for, and received, a special dispensation from the Anti-Spoiler Echidna. With his prickly blessings, I will post this weekend, here in this thread, the first four paragraphs of LTMP 44, El Vohzd. Those four paragraphs complete the scene with Eric, Brandon, and Dimitri.

CJ :)

I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait anymore for the four paragraphs. So last night I hacked into CJ's computer (BTW, on a side note, I have never in my life seen so many files of pictures of goats.......and none of them wearing any clothes :lmao: ). So here is the first four paragraphs:

Seeing that his words had their desired effect, and hoping that his final sacrifice would not be in vain, Eric stood tall, chest puffed and shoulders back, brave and unafraid as he closed his eyes to await his end.

Brandon, knowing that he only had about one second left, made one final glance over to Chase who had a pleading look on his face for Brandon not to sacrifice his brother for his own.

Suddenly, before even Brandon's eyes could show any reaction, the ghost of Gunter materialized behind Dimitri. Instantly the apparition seized the muscle between Dimitri's shoulder and neck and applied the correct amount of pressure to the right nerve to deliver a perfect Vulcan nerve grip. Dimitri, not having any time to react, was instantly rendered unconscious, dropping the blade pressed against Chase's neck and the service revolver pointed at Brandon to the floor.

With a struggled "oomph", Dimitri would never wake to find he had fallen on his own dropped blade. Piercing him just below the middle of the rib cage, and at the angle, it immediately stopped his heart. Other than a damp wet spot on the front of his pants, no other fluid had the chance to escape his body.

Knowing that he was still protecting his employers, his friends, his boys, Gunther winked to a startled Brandon and vaporized before anyone else could see what he did.

Edited by wildone
Yay for Starfleet. Was Gunter a Vulcan in disguise all along? Cause you know when they die they can be brought back to life.

B) ........All in all good idea 'cept no quick death for Dimitri....remember he has a cell phone in his pocket, and a water board awaits him. :D

I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait anymore for the four paragraphs. So last night I hacked into CJ's computer (BTW, on a side note, I have never in my life seen so many files of pictures of goats.......and none of them wearing any clothes :lmao: ). So here is the first four paragraphs:

Seeing that his words had their desired effect, and hoping that his final sacrifice would not be in vain, Eric stood tall, chest puffed and shoulders back, brave and unafraid as he closed his eyes to await his end.

Brandon, knowing that he only had about one second left, made one final glance over to Chase who had a pleading look on his face for Brandon not to sacrifice his brother for his own.

Suddenly, before even Brandon's eyes could show any reaction, the ghost of Gunter materialized behind Dimitri. Instantly the apparition seized the muscle between Dimitri's shoulder and neck and applied the correct amount of pressure to the right nerve to deliver a perfect Vulcan nerve grip. Dimitri, not having any time to react, was instantly rendered unconscious, dropping the blade pressed against Chase's neck and the service revolver pointed at Brandon to the floor.

With a struggled "oomph", Dimitri would never wake to find he had fallen on his own dropped blade. Piercing him just below the middle of the rib cage, and at the angle, it immediately stopped his heart. Other than a damp wet spot on the front of his pants, no other fluid had the chance to escape his body.

Knowing that he was still protecting his employers, his friends, his boys, Gunther winked to a startled Brandon and vaporized before anyone else could see what he did.

Nice collection of goat pics, isn't it? I agree, having had a team of hackers get in there earlier on (for one the numerous cliffhahers in FTL).

As for the paragraphs, thanks for leaking them. There's enough commas to identify CJ as the author, and I'm glad the story goes on like this. The ghost of G

ROFL!!! :worship:

Well, okay, I do have 44 back from Bondwriter, but I'm still doing a continuity check. I need to make sure everything syncs with both the past and later chapters. Also, if I posted 44 now, that would result in a gap of up to two weeks between coming chapters. Also, the only big delay here is about 48 hours, maximum, that's not that bad. :)

As for the paragraphs I promised to post... They do actually continue the scene at the house.

BTW, please don't think I ended it where I did in order to get the maximum tense ending. I didn't. I can't say more without giving spoilers, but think on this; had I ended it anywhere once Dimitri arrived at the house, it would have been a tense ending, right? :)

Well, okay, I do have 44 back from Bondwriter, but I'm still doing a continuity check. I need to make sure everything syncs with both the past and later chapters. Also, if I posted 44 now, that would result in a gap of up to two weeks between coming chapters. Also, the only big delay here is about 48 hours, maximum, that's not that bad. :)

As for the paragraphs I promised to post... They do actually continue the scene at the house.

BTW, please don't think I ended it where I did in order to get the maximum tense ending. I didn't. I can't say more without giving spoilers, but think on this; had I ended it anywhere once Dimitri arrived at the house, it would have been a tense ending, right? :)

B) .........Humm!! I think ending it anywhere in that chapter would have been tense!!

Well, okay, I do have 44 back from Bondwriter, but I'm still doing a continuity check.

OK, now is the time to tell you: I added a few typos. Mwah! Ha! Ha! It seemed it was the least I could do to mimic the behavior of the unsavory characters of a terrorist kind you relish in bringing to life. They (the typos, of course) are carefully hidden, and I'll tell you where they are ONLY if you deliver the remaining chapters with Instinct unharmed (go for the dream stuff for 43, Dimitri could have chewed on some hallucinogenic plants as he was in his lair...)

• Site Administrator
Nice try, Steve... ;)

Honestly Beastkid, I did not write that myself 0:) .

I would never spell the word vapourize as vaporize :P .

What more proof do you need?

Well, I am speachless! You turn your back for a moment and the goat nearly slauters a family!

I'm not too familiar with shotgun models. How many times can you shoot without reloading? I remember that Brandon already took a shot. Does he still have bullets in the gun? I will have to wait and see...or loose patience and mount a pair of horns over my fireplace. Hurry up CJ!

Well, I am speachless! You turn your back for a moment and the goat nearly slauters a family!

I'm not too familiar with shotgun models. How many times can you shoot without reloading? I remember that Brandon already took a shot. Does he still have bullets in the gun? I will have to wait and see...or loose patience and mount a pair of horns over my fireplace. Hurry up CJ!

Regardless of the outcome this seems like the best option. ;)

FYI, these shotguns have shells in them that disperse what amount to pellets. They don't have bullets. Although it varies by model I think in this case the shotguns hold two shells each. :)

Wow... CJames... I can't believe the evil that spews from your fingers with cliffhangers... its unbearable :wacko: !

Oh btw irony dictates that I had Hard Candy playing and about halfway through the chapter 4 Minuets starts playing (ok I cheated a bit... it was getting tense so I thought the song would fit LOL :lol: )

Congrats on retaining your title for evil cliffhanger and now... I'm off to work on my story and NOT put any cliff hangers in it :P

btw everyone I found a remarkable recipe for roasted goat and one of the ingredients is tequila! 0:) buttt.... should Eric (my fav name ever lol) live... i'll let make the recipe vanish B)

Wow... CJames... I can't believe the evil that spews from your fingers with cliffhangers... its unbearable :wacko: !

Oh btw irony dictates that I had Hard Candy playing and about halfway through the chapter 4 Minuets starts playing (ok I cheated a bit... it was getting tense so I thought the song would fit LOL :lol: )

Congrats on retaining your title for evil cliffhanger and now... I'm off to work on my story and NOT put any cliff hangers in it :P

btw everyone I found a remarkable recipe for roasted goat and one of the ingredients is tequila! 0:) buttt.... should Eric (my fav name ever lol) live... i'll let make the recipe vanish B)

B) ........Alas, just when I was going to give the goat the benefit of the doubt about his title his following has dictated his rightful place. His Shadowyness will have to wait and compete, although I doubt he can top the wily goats efforts.

BTW, by all means post the recipe, never know when it could come in handy!!

Edited by Benji
  • Site Administrator

Too bad it wasn't posted for the Dallas trip :D .

Imagine the pictures if all the guys had had goat and tequila :P

But, but, but... Okay, so things are a tad tense in the house, and there are dead bodies all over the place, but slaughter? Naw.. it's just a little.. tense. :)

As for the shotguns... Here's a link to a similar weapon; pump-action, single-barrel, with an eight round magazine (plus one in the chamber) You need to pump it (New shells are chambered by pulling the pump handle attached to the tube magazine toward the user, then pushing it back into place to chamber the cartridge) between shots.

What others in the thread are thinking of, I think, are double-barreled shotguns, which hold two shots. These aren't those. :)

B) ........Alas, just when I was going to give the goat the benefit of the doubt about his title his following has dictated his rightful place. His Shadowyness will have to wait and compete, although I doubt he can top the wily goats efforts.

BTW, by all means post the recipe, never know when it could come in handy!!

ACK! BEnji!!! Now, now, let us always remember and never forget LiS 26!!! The Mother of All Cliffhangers!!! Besides, His Shadowyness longs to return to his Cliffhanging throne, though he's too modest to admit it.

Ah, ummm, BTW, Speaking of His Shadowyness; "Dead Man's Hand" was his idea! And one I just loved! I originally didn't specify Eric's hand, but His Shadowyness added that, and so i changed the title to reflect it. The original title was "Blood and Sacrifice" but I am using that for the title of 45 instead. :)

Too bad it wasn't posted for the Dallas trip :D .

Imagine the pictures if all the guys had had goat and tequila :P

ACK!! They carved me up in effigy as it was!!! Yipes!!!

Oh, BTW, there's been a schedule change again. Due to the early posting of the anthology (a couple of days early, due to Graeme and Steph's hard work!) posting 44 on schedule would not, IMHO, detract from the anthology. So, with my sincere appologies to those who were looking forward to an extended wait, Ch 44 will be posted on schedule Tuesday afternoon, my time. Okay, they've usually been going up late monday night, but Tuesday's are the decaired "posting day", so Tuesday afternoon it is.

Oh, BTW, with the Echidna's blessing, and in order to change the current level of tension many of you found in the last chapter ending, I will post the first four paragraphs of Ch 44 Sunday evening, in this thread. And no, no trickery on my part, they really do

cover the remainder of the scene in the house.

• Site Administrator
Oh, BTW, with the Echidna's blessing, and in order to change the current level of tension many of you found in the last chapter ending, I will post the first four paragraphs of Ch 44 Sunday evening, in this thread. And no, no trickery on my part, they really do

cover the remainder of the scene in the house.

Oh great :angry: .

So you have decided to wait till Tuesday afternoon, instead of the Monday evening posting time.

And on Sunday evening we get four paragraphs t conclude the scene in the house.

Paragraph one: Brandon shoots Eric

Paragragh two: Dimitri shoots Brandon with the service revolver

Paragraph three: Dimitri slices Chase's neck with the knife

Paragraph four: Dimitri runs out of the house

End of the house scene :angry:

Well lets hope not :P

Edited by wildone

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..