[Duncan Ryder] How the Light Gets In Chapter 2

Can I comment <G>? Without giving anything away, promise.

I, of course, am the keeper of the back stories. I have known all about Josh for a long, long time...(and all about Matt as well, of course,) and have always thought of Josh as the most profoundly wounded character in the story. I did my best to show that in EW, (where near the end Scott actaully describes Josh as his strong but deeply wounded lover) but one reason why I broke the story where I did was because I couldn't do justice to Josh while staying in Scott's first person p of v. Luc is wounded and fragile. Josh is something else.

Hehe, it's always evil when the "keeper of the back stories" as you put it drops hints here and there. But I have to say, I think that it came across pretty well in EW that Josh was very wounded in a lot of ways. Luc seemed outwardly fragile, but his wounds were related to losing someone he cared about deeply - wounds that can heal, in time, with the proper grieving process and the proper support. Josh actually stayed in an abusive relationship for years, something that I suspect did more damage to him than he has ever let anyone know. I have no doubt that you'll be letting us see more of this as the chapters unfold.