Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Chapter 44

• Site Administrator

Benji, I really like your idea :great: .

As Wilde is scaling down the cliff, he notices a ventilation shaft. When he returns to the top to report that nobody is in the SUV, Brandon gets the phone call from Dimitri on Chase's phone. After finding out they are in the mine shaft just ahead, he informs the bikers and The Shadow's. Wilde recalls the shaft, and they are able to sneak up behind Dimitri while Brandon distracts him.

It was mentioned that Brody intensely studied the topo maps of the entire area, I'm curious if the maps would have showed the abandoned mine and any connecting shafts.

If this is what happens, I would guess that Eric would insist on going up the shaft and end up taking out Dimitri to rescue his brother. This would give CJ a reprieve from SPiCE for at least a week :P .

Also, does anyone remember if The Shadows had any spelunking experience mentioned before?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would definitely prefer Helen being sacrificed for the greater good. Brandon should live happily ever after with Chase. :wub:

B) ..........Yeah, and it's kinda hard to have a sequel when you kill off the main characters!!

OK. CJ's reply about the Scar comforts me into thinking our J/S is a big screw-up as far as strategy's concerned. He's way too much short-term, and doesn't encompass a wide-enough scope when it comes to making up his plans. Gary's view of comparing him to comics books villains just reinforces my point. Jerry's gonna land in the world of over-the-top villains (think Christopher Walken in A View to a Kill, or your favorite James Bond villain -- I tend to like Michael Lonsdale's scheme in Moonraker, plus he's a rather mild-mannered bad guy). That's another proof of CJ's hatred towards his characters: heroes are put through utter distress, but so are the baddies. No one's safe from the Goat's evil brain.

That would mean assigning the value of roast to goat. I guess that could work. I prefer goat == roast.

B) .....Like 43 = cliffhanger? BTW, I hate when I get a overpost like in 2009 GA GTG.

OK. CJ's reply about the Scar comforts me into thinking our J/S is a big screw-up as far as strategy's concerned. He's way too much short-term, and doesn't encompass a wide-enough scope when it comes to making up his plans. Gary's view of comparing him to comics books villains just reinforces my point. Jerry's gonna land in the world of over-the-top villains (think Christopher Walken in A View to a Kill, or your favorite James Bond villain -- I tend to like Michael Lonsdale's scheme in Moonraker, plus he's a rather mild-mannered bad guy). That's another proof of CJ's hatred towards his characters: heroes are put through utter distress, but so are the baddies. No one's safe from the Goat's evil brain.

Ahhh, but even if so regarding Jerry, let's see...

What about invading a central American country with a force of 62 men, and seizing power? And then after launching a way, being kicked out, and then later, trying it again? And on a THIRD try, this time to conquor ALL of central America, he was killed.

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/...amp;oref=slogin

Or this much more recent escapade;

http://www.citizen.co.za/index/article.asp...44.7lzmdt8e.xml

Speaking of strange; how about this for a plot? a 28 year old sergeant, along with 17 even lower-ranking men (some of whom, like Dimitri, are mentally unstable, though moreso than Dimitri,) conspire, with the aid of some heavy drinking, to take over the country. Assume the sergeant is in school (the equivalent of high school; he had very little education and was taking night classes) when, one night, after some more drinking, he and his 17 compatriots attack the government. The Sergeant, due to holding the highest rank amongst the conspirators, takes over the coup, and thus the country. Utterly far-fetched? Agreed, but this isn't fiction; it happened in 1980 and the man's name was Samuel Doe. The country was Liberia, which at the time of his coup had a very long history of Democracy.

He ruled for a decade.

BTW, Wildone, nope, no mention of the Shadows having any kind of spelunking experience. :)

Great speculations here!!! :)

BTW, just a reminder; this story has about reached it's conclusion; there are 47 chapters plus a small epilogue.

CJ :)

What about invading a central American country with a force of 62 men, and seizing power? And then after launching a way, being kicked out, and then later, trying it again? And on a THIRD try, this time to conquor ALL of central America, he was killed.

CJ, I recognized your reference to William Walker. He is included in Tennessee History courses taught in middle school here in Tennessee. I think the textbooks make him out to be more a hero than the actually was. One of his primary goals was to establish new slave states in Latin America out of the reach of the US Government. For more info, see William Walker (Soldier) or Walkers Expeditions.

Here is an historical marker located in Nashville:

tnwilliamwalker-1.jpg

Edited by MikeL
CJ, I recognized your reference to William Walker. He is included in Tennessee History courses taught in middle school here in Tennessee. I think the textbooks make him out to be more a hero than the actually was. One of his primary goals was to establish new slave states in Latin America out of the reach of the US Government. For more info, see William Walker (Soldier) or Walkers Expeditions.

Here is an historical marker located in Nashville:

tnwilliamwalker-1.jpg

B) ............Some autobio, a man to be despised as much as admired.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..