Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Chapter 45

Glad to hear that Brandon has a chance at life, but Dimitri will be alive, too. I want Dimitri to be tortured for information for some reason; it just feels right to me for what he has done to Chase and all the people he killed and tried to kill.

Not exactly legal. Of course it would take years to get a decision from the Supreme Court. The Air Force could hold him secretly for a while. Some good military intelligence or CID people would get a lot out of him in 48 hours or so.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly legal. Of course it would take years to get a decision from the Supreme Court. The Air Force could hold him secretly for a while. Some good military intelligence or CID people would get a lot out of him in 48 hours or so.

Considering the situation right now, what with nuclear warheads in the country, I think that a little torturing would go unchallenged... :)

So your day would be made with Dimitri dead, even if Brandon was dead too? :o

Back to the sacrifice thing.....

Brandon has always felt that he wasn't good enough for Chase. You think about all the scenes where he was willing to sacrifice himself without giving thought of his relationship as he has always felt that he had nothing really to contribute, unlike what he felt Chase could.

Were these clues to prepare us for Brandon's death in the story? :angry:

I would say that if he is dead, CJ could tell us that he foreshadowed it by Brandon's actions up to this point.

The goat is evil that way :devil:

It may very well be foreshadowing. Also, I seem to remember something about "who lives", so that tells me someone is going to die. It may be Brandon. :(

• Site Administrator

Evil, evil, evil goat!!!

You try blackmail on me to get your way?

I am on holidays for the next couple weeks, you all deal with the EVIL goat.

I'm innocent!!!

Evil, evil, evil goat!!!

I'm innocent!!!

Enjoy your holiday, Steve. Blackmail is bad. Perhaps you need... :2hands:

Finally have time to post! As usual, I'll number my thoughts because it helps me get organized, and helps everyone else organize responses...

1. Re: throwing the grenade. 50 feet? Unless the entrance to the mineshaft was a small target, this should be EASY. Nine-year-olds pitch from 45 feet. For a more global reference than baseball, a penalty kick in soccer is taken from 36 feet. Don't worry CJ, tossing a grenade 50 feet is something most adults should be capable of, especially one with any sort of weapons training at all.

2. The physics of falling - if, as has been suggested, Dimitri and Brandon "lock up" (one grabs the other), they can essentially be treated as one object. With very little time to create any torque, since there is nothing but air to act on, who ended up hitting the ground first would be determined by their initial angular momentum (aka rotation), and be pretty much up to lady luck. Either way though, the person on top, whether landing on a body or solid ground, is going to go from full falling speed to zero in very little time. If Brandon and Dimitri fall unimpeded for hundreds of feet onto jagged rocks, they're both dead.

2a. Tsk tsk, CJ. You mixed up speed and position. A dropped object will attain a velocity of 32 m/s after 1 second, 64 m/s after 2 seconds, etc. It will travel 32*t*t meters in t seconds, or 32 meters in the first second (32*1*1 - 32*0*0 = 32-0 = 32), 96 meters in the second second (32*2*2 - 32*1*1 = 128-32 = 96), 160 meters in the third second (32*3*3 - 32*2*2 = 288-128 = 160), etc.

2b. "Brandon

yes, it does look like it was forshadowed,,, but, I'm still not quite yet ready to say that Brandon died just yet. There's still a chance that he managed to, I don't know, take a grip on a tree root or something

I can say conclusively that Brandon hasn't died in chapter 45; at the end of the chapter, he's physically fine, except for a few scratches and little gravitational issue. :)

Evil, evil, evil goat!!!

I'm innocent!!!

Steve!!! I'd never use blackmail!! And I'm not evil!! 0:)

Have a wonderful holidays!! :)

Enjoy your holiday, Steve. Blackmail is bad. Perhaps you need... :2hands:

But I'm innocent!! :o

Finally have time to post! As usual, I'll number my thoughts because it helps me get organized, and helps everyone else organize responses...

1. Re: throwing the grenade. 50 feet? Unless the entrance to the mineshaft was a small target, this should be EASY. Nine-year-olds pitch from 45 feet. For a more global reference than baseball, a penalty kick in soccer is taken from 36 feet. Don't worry CJ, tossing a grenade 50 feet is something most adults should be capable of, especially one with any sort of weapons training at all.

Thanks!! I thought so, based on my tests, but I was unsure.

BTW, Benji, I'm glad you raised this issue; while at the mineshaft I found my trailer-hitch cover, lost a year before! :2thumbs:

As for me going into the old mineshaft, I respectfully decline! :P

2a. Tsk tsk, CJ. You mixed up speed and position. A dropped object will attain a velocity of 32 m/s after 1 second, 64 m/s after 2 seconds, etc. It will travel 32*t*t meters in t seconds, or 32 meters in the first second (32*1*1 - 32*0*0 = 32-0 = 32), 96 meters in the second second (32*2*2 - 32*1*1 = 128-32 = 96), 160 meters in the third second (32*3*3 - 32*2*2 = 288-128 = 160), etc.

You're right! However, a little tsk tsk of my own (I just can't resist!); the acceleration rate of gravity, if we're using metric, is 9.8 m s/s. It's 33 feet s/s, not meters. :)

2b. "Brandon
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Helloo :D

So this is what went through my head as I read your story

*Jamies brain uncensored*

I felt way bad for Brandon at first....And the brothers sound so much like the 90 boy bands that I was a bit spooky.

I wanted Brandon to end up with Jon..there i wrote it.

I think Chance and Brandon are both just to sweet and naive in some ways.

Regarding the other part of the story with Dimitri the engineer and the Scar I found..that I showed such a contrast between the BBand and scary Bomb plot...and It almost makes sense:)

**Also CJames is cliff lover:)

Going nuts on Tequila is a right of passage....Me? I don't like it! Go Vodka!

Dimitri and Vladimir, should totally get it on...might be better than bomb making:)

I wanted Wilde to end up with Eric(please that boy is so gay)

Poor creepy Jerry and his toupee...nasty dude:(

I want a stuffed kangaroo:) :wub:

OMG. Roast goat? That was so funny...

You killed the guy that loved kangaroos..that was just mean.

OMG!! CJames*waves fist* what is it with you and Chapter 37?!?!

I wont be sweet talked the evil cliff hangers are everywhere....and you looked so Innocent, CJ*shakes fist*lol :2hands:

Also poor General...I'm glad Vlad got his revenge:)

Ps: You are still a big meany CJ

*Jamie goes of to find goat cooking recipies* :read:

• Site Moderator

Now you see why CJ was voted King of the Evil Cliffhangers last year, the very first time it was added to the ballet.

Will he continue his reign for another year, or will he be de-throned?

Now you see why CJ was voted King of the Evil Cliffhangers last year, the very first time it was added to the ballet.

Pleeeeaaaaaasssssseeeeeee, Cj is sooo gonna get crowned again this year!

CJ is such a queen*sulks*

Helloo :D

So this is what went through my head as I read your story

*Jamies brain uncensored*

I felt way bad for Brandon at first....And the brothers sound so much like the 90 boy bands that I was a bit spooky.

I wanted Brandon to end up with Jon..there i wrote it.

I think Chance and Brandon are both just to sweet and naive in some ways.

Regarding the other part of the story with Dimitri the engineer and the Scar I found..that I showed such a contrast between the BBand and scary Bomb plot...and It almost makes sense:)

**Also CJames is cliff lover:)

Going nuts on Tequila is a right of passage....Me? I don't like it! Go Vodka!

Dimitri and Vladimir, should totally get it on...might be better than bomb making:)

I wanted Wilde to end up with Eric(please that boy is so gay)

Poor creepy Jerry and his toupee...nasty dude:(

I want a stuffed kangaroo:) :wub:

OMG. Roast goat? That was so funny...

You killed the guy that loved kangaroos..that was just mean.

OMG!! CJames*waves fist* what is it with you and Chapter 37?!?!

I wont be sweet talked the evil cliff hangers are everywhere....and you looked so Innocent, CJ*shakes fist*lol :2hands:

Also poor General...I'm glad Vlad got his revenge:)

Ps: You are still a big meany CJ

*Jamie goes of to find goat cooking recipies* :read:

The whole "boy band" issue was a serious concern. Originally, there was no prologue, and I was warned that it real like a boyband story (apparently there's a whole genera of those). That's why i added the prologue, and also made sure to portray them as a rock band.

But... but,, me, a cliff lover? Nothing could be further from the truth! It is oft said that a goat will never have anything to do with a cliff!

As for chapter 37... Well, that and chapter 36 are my favorite chapters. I do, however, admit that the end of chapter 37 was ever-so-slightly... tense.

But, evil cliffhangers? Where!?!? Not in LTMP!! Surely not! Granted, there were a few little unresolved issues in some chapters, but not cliffhangers. Take chapter 19 for instance... That's the one where one of the band members are reported dead in a rock-climbing accident. That was posted on Christmas eve 2007, so surely it could not be a cliffhanger?

Really, Jamie, I am sweet and innocent. 0:)

How about a campaign slogan: Vote for Shadowgod, for a change! :2thumbs:

Pleeeeaaaaaasssssseeeeeee, Cj is sooo gonna get crowned again this year!

CJ is such a queen*sulks*

Queen? :o

Jamie, I have no idea how I won the 2007 award... I even demanded a recount.

It is not known whether I'll even be on the ballot for King of Cliffhangers this year (After all, I might not even get nominated).

The whole "boy band" issue was a serious concern. Originally, there was no prologue, and I was warned that it real like a boyband story (apparently there's a whole genera of those). That's why i added the prologue, and also made sure to portray them as a rock band.

But... but,, me, a cliff lover? Nothing could be further from the truth! It is oft said that a goat will never have anything to do with a cliff!

As for chapter 37... Well, that and chapter 36 are my favorite chapters. I do, however, admit that the end of chapter 37 was ever-so-slightly... tense.

But, evil cliffhangers? Where!?!? Not in LTMP!! Surely not! Granted, there were a few little unresolved issues in some chapters, but not cliffhangers. Take chapter 19 for instance... That's the one where one of the band members are reported dead in a rock-climbing accident. That was posted on Christmas eve 2007, so surely it could not be a cliffhanger?

Queen? :o

Jamie, I have no idea how I won the 2007 award... I even demanded a recount.

It is not known whether I'll even be on the ballot for King of Cliffhangers this year (After all, I might not even get nominated).

Yep, the prologue helps and the rock stuff too.

Yeah, you are the exception to the rule.....*grumbles at the evil-smelly goat*

Om Christmas? I can't believe they didn't roast you yet....

Pleassseee, you soo have that election baged!

(not sure if if I'm gonna read CL now or wait until its done and avoid roasting desires)

Why? You certainly have the name for it :)

:fire:

Anyone got a match?

:boy: Steve

Shadowyness!! Not you too with the goat roasting??? :unsure:

Name for it?

*smirks at CJ* :P

I have my Magic Click.......does that helps?

Ahh, I see you've met Shadowgod, also known as His Shadowyness, and Blackheart. (remember Blackheart, from "for the Love"?)

Beware of him... He's sneaky, that one... :unsure:

BTW, all jokes aside, if you want a really good completed story, check out his "Living in Surreality".

It won "Best Hosted Story" in last year's awards.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..