[dkstories] Rich Boy growing Pains

Wow! That was an awesome chapter. That was an awesome, a massive mage battle in the middle of Disneyland. I have to hand it to Dan here. This is the best chapter so far! I am dying for more!

Another great chapter, Dan...lots of action. Kyle gets his initiation in dealing with demon-controlled mages and does quite well considering his lack of experience. I think Worthington may have found Mr. Right.

I'm ready for the next chapter when you are.

A very dramatic chapter indeed.. first Worthington getting romantic (which is kinda new) and seeing himself and Kyle growing old together - i'll keep my fingers crossed for them, they really make a cute couple :-). And then the "reality" hitting back ...

excellent chapter Dan ! And I agree.. i am ready for the next one whenever you are :-)

I, too, liked how Worthington's acting toward Kyle... the lack of resistance to the puppy dog look, the looking far into the future, the support during the phone call to what's-his-butt. Oh, and I knew at the beginning that the pictures were goners. :P

Dan, interesting fact about the concrete! But, <start science lesson> I just can't help mentioning about Worthington making the room colder... Since he's manipulating the environment at an elemental level, it should be noted that he's technically not "pumping cold into the room," but drawing heat out of it. In science, things don't get cold, they lose heat. You know how a tile floor feels colder on bare feet than a rug? That's not because the tile floor is actually colder, it's because the tile is a better heat conductor, and it's pulling heat from your feet at a faster rate. Cool, huh? </end science lesson>

Oh, and I'm not going to bother asking for a mid-week chapter, because you're so not gonna gives us one! :P Plus, I have a feeling that Worthington and Kyle aren't going to get together until the next book, not at the rate they're going! :(

Edited by steph291
A very dramatic chapter indeed.. first Worthington getting romantic (which is kinda new) and seeing himself and Kyle growing old together - i'll keep my fingers crossed for them, they really make a cute couple :-). And then the "reality" hitting back ...

excellent chapter Dan ! And I agree.. i am ready for the next one whenever you are :-)

:worship: I have nothing to add the the comment above :worship:

You are a master !

Steph, now that you mention it, that is certainly true. That's how air conditioning and refrigeration work. Sure there's a coolness, but most of what an A/C does is draw out the heat. That is why the back of an A/C (and a refrigerator for that matter) is very warm.

It was Worthington's perceptions, and he's not a scientist. That's the thing about magic, the perceptions of the caster changes everything. :) (Or at least MY system of magic).

As for the pictures, well Worthington may not like there to be proof that a Sinclair ever giggled, but Kyle's turning out to be quite the resourceful young man. You never know when those pictures will show up, say, as a new banner hanging from the great hall of Clairsville Keep. Or as a large 22x24 framed picture in Worthington's dining room.

Kyle's actually one of my favorite characters in this story, with his slowly evolving outlook on life, and the way he approaches life in general. Unless he dies in the near future, you should expect to see a lot more of him in the rest of this book and in the next one.

It was Worthington's perceptions, and he's not a scientist. That's the thing about magic, the perceptions of the caster changes everything. :) (Or at least MY system of magic).

As for the pictures, well Worthington may not like there to be proof that a Sinclair ever giggled, but Kyle's turning out to be quite the resourceful young man. You never know when those pictures will show up, say, as a new banner hanging from the great hall of Clairsville Keep. Or as a large 22x24 framed picture in Worthington's dining room.

Kyle's actually one of my favorite characters in this story, with his slowly evolving outlook on life, and the way he approaches life in general. Unless he dies in the near future, you should expect to see a lot more of him in the rest of this book and in the next one.

I definitely hope he is NOT gonna die and we will see a lot of him in the future.. I really like the character, the more he shows himself. And what he does to the "always controlled and cool" Worthington is just cute :) . So i really hope he will be around till the end :-). Well, and after Worthingons first boyfriend had to die, it wouldnt be fair if that happens again ! Ok, i know, life isn't fair... but but but.... PLEASE *makes pretty eyes* :P

Nice backpeddling, but I hate to say it... your system is flawed, which, hey, is not necessarily a bad thing. :P I like the Daniverse! Hopefully, you'll keep in mind for future magic that cold only exists as an absence of heat. ^_^

I definitely hope he is NOT gonna die and we will see a lot of him in the future.. I really like the character, the more he shows himself. And what he does to the "always controlled and cool" Worthington is just cute :) . So i really hope he will be around till the end :-). Well, and after Worthingons first boyfriend had to die, it wouldnt be fair if that happens again ! Ok, i know, life isn't fair... but but but.... PLEASE *makes pretty eyes* :P

what Pete said! I may not recover if you kill off Kyle... :angry:

What a fantastic chapter! I really enjoy the Worthington and Kyle dynamic and I'm glad Dan got them away so he could focus on them solely for a few chapters. The battle scene was great but I think Worthington's interaction with the Government Mages is the most interesting part. Is it me or do they all start out resenting\hating him then grudgingly respect him and eventually start to like him.

Since Dan wrote a chapter for release on the U.S. Independence holiday I think he owes an extra chapter for Canada Day! :P

Steve

I was right!! *Does a hoola dance*

:)

Well, things are certainly getting murkier and I can't wait to read where this goes to....

Dan, could we have another mid-week posting, pleeeeeese??? *Puppy dog eyes*

BeaStKid

Don't ask me why, but when I read the publicity for the new season of Big Brother U.S., which starts airing on Sunday, I thought of Kyle in reading about Steven, who is a gay rodeo cowboy competitor from Texas who is in the BB10 cast. He's featured in a couple of the CBS commercials, and he speaks in a west Texas drawl...and admits he hasn't spent any time around minorities.

Whether Steven looks like Kyle is a question only Dan can answer.